Sync - A Reylo Fan Fiction

By ElleRen31

COMPLETE! Following the events of The Last Jedi, Rey and Kylo Ren continue to be connected through the Force... More

Pilot
Zombie
Touch
Sledgehammer
Tall, Dark, & Handsome
Strip That Down
Linger
Monster
I Believe In A Thing Called Love
End Game
Cloud City
Invisible Touch
Shut Up and Dance
Vision
Here (In Your Arms)
Fire Escape
Never Enough
Mourning
Dress
Traitor
Supreme Leader
Feel It Still
Attack
Wild Things

Fields Of Gold

8.7K 325 637
By ElleRen31

Authors Note: The point of view will bounce between multiple characters this chapter, bear with me! Thank you for almost 100 views! If you've got comments, leave 'em! ♡

*briefly inspired by 'Fields Of Gold' by Sting*

Luke's ghost stared grumpily down the hill at Ben and Rey.

"Too much like Obi-Wan you are." Yoda said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Stuck in old ways he was."

"Excuse me, Master Yoda, but I was simply following the Jedi code." Said the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi, emerging to join them in the swamp.

"Attachments are forbidden to the Jedi." Luke complained. "We can't let this hand holding progress any further."

XXX

"Tell me more." She had whispered, gently touching the top of his hand.

Ben moved his hand out from under her touch. He was beginning to feel a little too human. A little too 'Ben'.

"There's not much to tell." He said.

"I'm sure there is." Rey said.

"My parents were always busy. Their natures clashed. I felt abandoned. Enough said."

Rey could sense the irritation in his voice.

"One time, I saved a Happabore on a scavenging run." Rey said, blurting out a random fact about her own past, trying to lighten the mood.

"What do you remember about your past?" He asked.

Rey shrugged.

"I used to work for various scavengers, until they realized I was doing a better job than them. So started to scavenge on my own. Built a speeder. Studied schematics. The usual."

"How did you learn to pilot then?"

"I had an old BTL-A4 Y-wing computer display. I used the flight simulator."

"Impressive."

It was quiet between the two for a moment.

"You're a good pilot." He told her quietly. She blushed.

"Thanks." She said.

He set his hand back down on the ground, allowing himself to feel vulnerable.

XXX

"Mmmmm.... The last Jedi you were, Luke."

"Master Yoda is right. Neither of them are Jedi. We have no reason to intervene." Obi-Wan said to Luke.

Luke was getting frustrated.

"But she is our only hope for the Jedi to be reborn!" Luke said, motioning at Rey. Yoda shook his head.

"Jedi, no. A new order there shall be."

XXX

"Ben?" Rey asked as they continued to sit on the hill. "Why hasn't the First Order come for me if you knew I was here?"

"It's..... complicated."

"Because you're Supreme Leader now?" She asked.

"Please don't dig at my mind." He said, slightly perturbed. Rey blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry." She whispered as she let go of his thoughts. He had used manners again. She liked it when he was polite.

"General Hux wants control. He has wanted control since the day I met him. If he gets it, I won't be able to create my new order. He will destroy half the galaxy in a heartbeat. But I'm in control. The First Order listens to me. That's why they haven't come for you."

Rey shuffled her feet in the grass. It wasn't exactly the answer she was hoping for, but it at least was something.

"This..... New order." Rey said. "If there is no Jedi, no Sith, No Empire, No Rebellion..... What will there be?"

XXX

Luke balked at Yoda.

"You're saying you agree with him!?"

"Agree with whom?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Ben wants to start a new order in the galaxy. To let the past die. To forgo all his Jedi teachings."

"He has too much of his grandfather in him." Obi-Wan sighed.

XXX

"Snoke trained me in both the Dark and the Light. He saw me as the ideal Force warrior, with my power and my heritage. I believe in an order where you aren't defined to where you belong just because you have the Force."

Rey felt confused. She still had much to learn about the Jedi and the Force. She thought about the books back on the Falcon.

"You still need a teacher." Ben told her.

"Last time you told me that you nearly pushed me off a cliff."

"Yeah, and then you cut my face."

Rey hung her head with guilt.

"It's all right." He told her, with a small smirk. "My grandfather had a scar too."

XXX

"That's my boy." Anakin said, appearing behind Luke.

"Great, not you too." Luke grumbled.

"Nice to see you too, son." Anakin told Luke.

"The boy idolizes you too much." Luke blamed Anakin. "He idolizes your dark side. Your blatant disregard for the Jedi teachings - OW!"

Yoda whacked Luke in the shin with his cane.

"Balance to the Force there needs to be."

"But I already brought balance to the Force years ago."

XXX

"I didn't find out that Darth Vader was my grandfather until I was 24. That tells you how much my family actually cares about me."

"Your family cares for you. I can feel it. Leia -"

"Don't say her name." Ben said harshly.

Rey frowned.

"Ben-" Rey began.

"No! You don't understand, Rey. My family is famous. A smuggler. A racer. Heroes of the Rebellion. Royalty. A Senator. Legends. Everyday people would tell me how great they were and how great things were expected from me as well. Then they shipped me off to get me away from them. Once I was training with Skywalker, I trained my hardest. I struggled. And when I started to become strong, Skywalker sensed my strength and turned on me. If they had truly cared about me, if she had cared, she wouldn't have sent me away."

"That's not true at all. She cares, Ben. And so do I."

XXX

"Rise again, the darkness did." Yoda pointed out.

"And the light to greet it." Obi-Wan said. "There may be no Jedi, but that doesn't stop the Force."

"Possible to learn the way of the Force, and become a Jedi one would not."

Luke sighed and looked back down the hill.

"Well, at least they're fighting again."

XXX

"Why would you care? You're just...." He stopped.

"Go on. Say it. I know you're thinking it." Rey said.

"No." Ben said, turning his head away from her. She stood up in anger.

"Scavenger scum? Jakku nobody? Desert orphan? You've already told me I'm nothing."

He stood up as well, attempting to intimidate her with his towering figure.

"I did." He said. "I told you were nothing. But not to me."

"You just said that so I'd join you in ruling the galaxy." She shot, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"You refused my offer!" Ben shot back, also jabbing a finger in her direction.

"Why would you want me to rule the galaxy with you anyways?"

"Because I thought you liked me!" He shouted.

"I do like you!" She shouted back.

"Well I like you too!"

They both were breathing heavy, out of breath from anger.

Ben quickly raised his hand and without warning, grabbed her with the Force and pulled her tight into him, grabbing her face and raising it to his, kissing her on the mouth.

XXX

"Not anymore." Obi-Wan said, slightly smiling.

"Get it!" Anakin cheered. Luke squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I hate you all." He said.

"Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?" said Qui-Gon as he appeared to join the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 32 25
After the Resistance betrays her, Rey falls into the open arms of Kylo Ren. As their bond gets stronger, they get caught up in feelings. Rey discover...
76.4K 2.6K 20
COMPLETE! General Hux has offered a bet to the new Supreme Leader - Kylo Ren - involving the scavenger Rey of Jakku. Takes place after 'The Last Jedi...
3.7K 128 21
As the last embers of the Rebellion begin to fade, Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) and the brave, budding Jedi Rey continue to wrestle with their mysterious conn...
31.8K 986 42
Based just over a month after TLJ from Kylo Rens point of view. Smut warning