Lullaby

By StAl2LiGhT

(Based on the Academy series by C.L.Stone. Do not copy as a lot of this is original work from other stories I... More

1• Dance Forever With Me
2• The Guardians
3• Doctoring the Broken
4• Unraveling Our Demons
5• Soul Within a Soul
6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey
8• Lycorns & Knomepyres
9• Stellar Genetics
10• Traitorous Organs
11• The Damned
12• Aries
13• Lulu Phone Home Part 1
Lullaby OneShot~ What Could Have Been
A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree
Cover Archives
Lullaby Big News
Publishing Announcement

7• Monsters are cute

14K 406 269
By StAl2LiGhT

I dreamed of pink foxes with purple unicorn horns and fairy wings that chased me through the forest as we played tag. There was a blue tabby cat with shark teeth who floated like a cloud and left a trail of sparkles wherever he flew. He wasn't very nice. He kept spitting sparkle fluffy at us. The fox fairies and I were trying to shoo him away, but he wouldn't stop.

"Luluuuuu🎶.", a voice sung to me sweetly from the skies. I whimpered as my dreams started to go away.
A man chuckled lowly and a hand began to pet my hair," Awwww. Lulu, I'm sorry. Are you still sleepy?"

"Should we let her rest some more? She just woke up from a healing stasis. That's incredibly draining."

"Oh hell no! Wake her ass up! I can't take it anymore!!"
The voice that belonged to the hand on my head, laughed merrily," You're the one who put her in those panties."
"I didn't think I'd have to see them!", the whiny voice cried out. "And I sure as hell didn't expect them to fit so...well they fit. They really really fit."

The voice petting me chuckled," I think they're cute. I just want to pinch her butt cheeks."
It got very quiet after that.

"You good North?"
Someone grunted in response," I'll manage."

"That rubber ducky on her ass is fucking taunting me I swear.", the whiny voice said blandly.

I was starting to drift off again, fortunately going back to the exact moment I'd been at before. I stood on the ground with my fox fairy army looking up at the annoying Cheshire Cat who grinned haughtily at us from above. He let out a loud 'meow' before shooting at us with a sparkle fluff bomb machine gun.

"Lulu, wake up silly.", the playful voice said in my ear.

I put my hand on his face and pushed him away, mumbling," Bad kitty."

It got quiet as I began to slowly drift off. But I was once again awakened by loud laughter. The ground beneath me shook violently and two pythons wrapped around my waist to hold me to the trembling earth.

My face had been resting on my hands, my tummy on another surface and my legs falling on either side of whatever I'd been laying on. I grunted and clenched my fingers around a soft fabric, until it was scrunched within my grasp.

The pythons relaxed their hold and began to rub up and down my sides. The earth grumbled out," Princess? Wake up beautiful. We have a surprise for you."

I raised my head slowly off my hands, looking in front of me to see Victor. I rubbed one eye with a fist, annoyed that the pastel pink sweatshirt's sleeves were too long and covered my hands. Victor chuckled beneath me causing me to quake again before he sat up. I grunted as I slid down his chest and plopped into his lap, my legs straddling his waist.

"Here. Let me.", his alluring husky voice softly said. I looked up, watching his face as he gently took my hand in his and began to roll the sleeves up to where they no longer hung off. I tilted my head as I watched his face. Victor's simmering amber orbs were gazing at his task softly, a small content smile on his face. He looked genuinely happy to be doing such a simple task.

How odd.

When he was done he looked right into my eyes, his own now sparkling happily. He poked me softly on the nose," There. All done."

I stared up at him in awe. Victor chuckled and hugged me to his chest. I turned my head to the side so I could breathe and sank into his chest, hiding my mouth behind a fist.

My eyes immediately found Luke's, who was resting his elbows on the couch cushions and his chin on his hands. He grinned up at me," Well hello there sugar. Did a stupid cat ruin your dream?"

At the mention of the cat I sat up straight and glared down at him furiously, nodding my head so roughly my neck cramped," Yahuh! He kept chasing us and spitting sparkle fluffies at us!"

Luke threw his bead back and laughed," You have the cutest imagination."

I huffed and then puffed out my cheeks. Victor's chuckling shook me again. Gabriel stomped into view, his hands on his hips," Yeah, yeah. She's fucking adorable. Cover her ass before I blow a fuse!"
Luke smirked teasingly, mischief danced in his eyes," Is that all that's about to blow?"
Gabriel's ears turned pink," Fuck off Luke!"

I blinked at them both, confused. "That's Enough you two.", Victor chastised.

Victor lifted me under the arms so I was hovering over his lap, while Luke pulled my sweatshirt down where it should be. Once I was sat back down, Luke poked my nose," Hungry Lulu?"

My stomach growled like an angry bear. I blushed and hid my mouth behind my fists. The room filled with chuckles.

"That's a yes.", Nathan teased

"I'll go check on dinner.", North said from behind me. I jerked my head around, causing my ponytail to whip behind me and pop Luke in the mouth. He sputtered while I watched North leave the room. My heart hurt. He didn't even say goodbye.

I didn't even realize I'd let out a whine until lips pecked me on the forehead.
"It's okay pookie. He's just going into the next room."
I looked up at Sean with watery eyes and a pout," North?"

"Make her stop!", Gabriel whined.

Sean gave me a soft understanding smile," You want to go with North?"
I nodded once and sniffled. He gave Victor a look, using the alien mind speak. Victor looked down at me, a gentle smile on his face," Come on, princess. Let's go see what North's up to."

I bounce in his lap with a goofy grin. He grimaced, making some of the others snicker, before standing with me in his arms.

I rested my chin on his shoulder as he walked towards the kitchen. The others smiled at me and waved. I gave a floppy wave back, trying to figure out where Silas was. Sean smirked at me as my eyes looked around the room for my giant teddy bear.

"What's going on? Why's she in here? Is she okay? Baby, what's wrong?", North began asking questions in a barking tone, but gradually became more frantic. Victor sat me down on the kitchen counter beside North's prep area.

"She's fine North. She just missed you."

Grumpy butt glowered down at me and snorted, but his angry face didn't last long. He sighed heavily and smirked, eyes smoldering as they looked down at me," Fine. But you stay put and stay away from the stove. Got it?"

I nodded, smiling happily," Kay!"

They both chuckled. Victor looked at North," Need help?"

North had Victor set the table while he started to put food into serving dishes as they were finished. North kept giving me bites of different things to see if I liked it. This stuff was very different to lunch.

The lunch dishes had been complex and bizarre. These were very simple and I liked all of them a lot. He'd made Mac and cheese, baked chicken, and sweet peas.

North put some mac and cheese on a tiny plate and stood beside me. He fed me bites in between checking on the food. I sat in my spot like a good girl and swung my feet back and forth off the side while I watched him move around.

Now that I didn't think he was scary anymore...sometimes.... I found him to be very charming. North was like the dark knight in the fairytales I read. He was the brooding misunderstood character in the stories that actually had a very big heart and a kind soul.

That was North. He was always worried about me and did little things to take care of me that the others didn't - like stuff my face with food before we even eat dinner.

This has to be the most food I've eaten in one day in years...

"Food's ready!", North called out. He walked over to me and fed me the last bite on my tiny plate. I waited until I swallowed before I asked," Where's Silas?"

North froze mid step, a glass of water in his hands. Slowly he smiled, his dark eyes lighting up in a way I've yet to see. He seemed very happy I asked. He finished his journey towards me and handed me the glass of water," Silas is running a little late. He had to grab something at the store real quick. He shouldn't be too much longer."

I gulped down half the glass while he spoke.
"What' he have to get?"
North ran a hand down my hair, resting his palm at the small of my back," We forgot to grab blankets a while back for you."
I huff, not liking that Silas was gone," I don't need blankets. I'm fine. Tell him to come back pretty please!"

North smirked and massaged the muscles on my lower back," Yes you do. If Si or I aren't there holding you while you sleep you start shivering like a chihuahua. We kept meaning to get them while you were healing, but none of us could bring ourselves to leave you."

I sighed and stared at his very firm tummy sadly. He bent at the waist and grabbed my chin firmly, making me look him in the eyes. He lowered his head and gave me the softest smile I'd seen on him yet," Trust me. He didn't want to leave you. That huge son of a gun gave you about a dozen goodbye kisses before I finally had to kick him out the front door."

The image of North kicking giant Silas out the front door had me madly giggling. North chuckled just as Sean sauntered in announcing," Am I going to have to administer the giggling cure Pookster?"

I swiftly clung onto North's neck and yelled," Bad Sean!"
North quickly hoisted me up to carry," Careful baby."

Sean grinned at me mischievously and wiggled his fingers in the air," That's right. Bad Sean's gonna give you the cure! Muhahahaha!"

Then he let out a roar and came towards us walking like a zombie. I squeaked and wiggled down from North's hold. Sean dramatically stomped towards me as I ran away towards the kitchen door.
"Better run pookie! I'm gonna getcha!", he said with a snarl and started to run after me.

I ran to Kota, giggling madly, and hid behind him. I peaked around Kota, who was looking down at me and chuckling. Sean was hunched over, his hands held out like werewolf claws, a playful grin on his face.

We had a silent stare off until I couldn't take it anymore and giggled. Sean waggled his eyebrows at me," Oh no! It's getting worse! I better hurry and give my little pookster her cure!"

He suddenly lunged for me, startling me so bad I screamed when he snatched me up. Everyone was chuckling as Sean tosses me in the air and caught me around the waist. I was giggling the entire time.

He held me to his chest and started sloppily smacking my face with his mouth," Om nom nom nom! I like eating yummy pretty girls!", he said in a fake monster voice. I squealed and laughed while trying to get away.

"Alright. That's enough, Sean. She needs to eat.", Owen stated lightly, one hand behind his back while the other rested on the back of the chair in front of him.

Sean leaned back and groaned," Ugh! Party pooper!" He got nose to nose with me and scrunched up his face with mock anger," That no good Owie is at it again!"

I scrunched up my nose with a grin. He chuckled and repositioned me so I wasn't just dangling in his arms. With me perched on his hip, he made his merry way to the dining table. He watched the boys get settled at the table, bouncing me a little and patting my thigh mindlessly. Every so often one of them would pass me and they'd nuzzle their nose to my cheek or give me a big smooch on my temple. Luke even made funny faces.

They do realize I'm seventeen right?

I've had to take care of myself for a long time now. I know I'm not very knowledgeable of the world and there's many things I know of, but never actually have seen. I know I'm naive and not like other girls my age. But does that mean I'm stupid? Does that mean I'm not capable?

I know I'm not very good at much. I can paint and clean. I'm an okay cook. I don't even know where I am academically. I don't know if I'm considered smart or if I'm slow minded. I don't know if I'm athletic or coordinately challenged.

Am I pretty or ugly or plain? Am I nice or selfish? Do I have a weird laugh? Do I like sweets? Am I a cat person or a dog person? What's my favorite flower? Do I like girly things or do I like boyish things? What are my goals and dreams? Do I have goals or dreams?

Finding the answers to those questions could be quite a Sisyphean task.

I guess I am like a child. I don't know who I am. No wonder they treat me like a kid.

It's kinda overwhelming how little I've actually had to do since they've been in my life. Two weeks ago, I was scrubbing baseboards with a toothbrush. Now I'm rarely allowed to walk and keep waking up on top of random boys.

They've bought me clothes, made me food, and made sure I was healthy. Owen fed me and Gabriel bathed me.

I need to do something in return for them. That's how the world works right? Kindness in exchange for kindness?
When given, give?

Fudge muffin. I'm not very good at this...

"Set her plate by mine, Kota. I'm going to feed her this time."

And incapable apparently.

I shrug off my dour thoughts as Sean sat down with me in his lap. Kota sat on his right and North on his left. North kept a hand on my knee while Sean wrapped an arm around my tummy while either leg dangled on either side of his legs.

Kota was chatting with Nathan, glancing about at the others mindlessly. Kota did that a lot. It was like he always needed to take stock of everyone.

His eyes skimmed over me briefly, before he did a double take. He chuckled and scooted back in his chair to readjust himself. Then he reached for my hair," Look at North sweetie."

I did. North must of been listening because he was already looking right at me, a soft smile on his lips. His fingers massaged my knee as Kota gently pulled at my hair. It was all said and done rather quickly.

When Kota pulled away I looked over at him with a curious look. He merely grinned and said," Your ponytail was sideways."

I smiled in thanks just as Sean held a spoon full of peas to my mouth.
"Open up buttercup.", Sean said cheerily.

🦋

I was laying my head on Sean's shoulder as they all chatted with each other. My tummy felt too full. I kept trying to stop eating, but between North and Sean I was practically force fed. Now I felt icky and sleepy again.

Sean cradled me to his chest, his hand holding my head in place while he lightly rocked me, back and forth. It was a mindless act, one he seemed to do without realizing it. He was laughing at something Luke had said. North was glaring at Luke, vengeance in his eyes.

I was drifting in the in between - not awake enough to be a part of reality, yet not asleep enough to dream.

The front door banged up. " I'm back.", Silas' voice boomed without trying. Gabriel jumped up," Did you grab everything I asked?"
"Yeah. It's all here. Now where's my Agelle? I missed her."

I started to squirm in Sean's hold, trying to get down. I was rubbing my eyes, the stupid sleeves falling over my hands again. Quietly, I called out," Teddy bear."

"Teddy bear, huh?", North said teasingly.
Sean chuckled and helped me down," Careful."

I was picked up out of nowhere which disoriented me seeing as how I was still rubbing at my eyes.  Someone held me close to them, so I wrapped my legs around their waist. I pulled my hands away from my eyes and blinked until the blurry man became visible.

Silas was grinning down at me," Am I your teddy bear, Agelle mou?"
I nodded. He chuckled and gave me a big smooch on the cheek," Then I get the best job in the world. Wanna see what Gabe and Vic got you?"

I furrowed my brow at the two mentioned. They got me something? Both grinned and started walking towards the foyer. " Come on trouble."
Everyone got up from the table and followed. They all appeared excited about something. Silas carried me to the living room and sat down with me on the couch. He turned me sideways in his lap and covered my eyes.

"Alright, she cant see."

I heard footsteps come into the room, chairs creaked as people sat in them. Two sets stood in front of me.

Someone placed something soft in my lap," Okay. You can look princess."

When Silas uncovered my eyes I immediately looked down into my lap. I didn't know what to think of it. The last time I'd had one had been the day mother stormed through my room and burned all of them in the backyard.

I traced the little fluffy creature with timid fingers and watery eyes.

"Lulu?", Gabe whispered.

(Has purple hair and a pastel blue horn though)

I kept trying to remember the last time someone did something so nice for me. When was the last time someone just held me? Or kissed my forehead? Or made my boo boos better? Or made sure I ate properly? Or looked at me like I was someone precious to them?

Before the day I got caught singing by the three boys who changed everything....it'd been a long long while ago. If ever. My mother had never been the maternal kind. Not even when she still looked at me as her daughter.

That day hadn't turned out like I'd expected it to. I was to do my chores like a good girl and patiently await mother to receive my cleansing.

But I didn't.

Why didn't I obey her?
Why did I always have to break the rules like a horrible daughter?
Why didn't I just hang the laundry out to dry? Why did I have to sing that badly?

Why don't I regret it more?

As scary as all this change is, as terrifying as being surrounded by the odd humans with strange things between their legs was, I couldn't bring myself to regret my mistakes.

I like my meanie, my Owie, my teddy bear. I liked my honey, my Bad Sean, my scary north. I liked my Victor, and my Kota, and my Luke.

I couldn't imagine my days not having them in them anymore. It was scarier imagining a world without them, than imagining a world with them.

Tears fell from my eyes. I hugged the unicorn to myself and buried my face in its purple hair, my knees hugging it to my chest.

Silas hugged me to his chest while Victor rubbed my legs," Lullaby? Are you okay sweetheart? Did we do something wrong?"

I shook my head causing my face to squish into the fluffy even more.
"No.", I whispered.

"Then what's wrong trouble? Tell us how to fix it. Do you want a different one? Are you mad we got you a stuffed animal? We don't think you're a little kid...trust me on that one. Tell us. Please, I'm begging you.", Gabriel frantically spewed out.

I lifted my head to where they could see my eyes, hugging the fluffy tightly to my chest to where it covered my nose.

I slowly shook my head.

Victor brought his face in front of mine, cupping my head between his hands," Tell us what's wrong, princess. We can't fix it if we don't know what it is that's needs to be fixed."

I hiccuped on a particularly strong sniffle," Thank you."

His eyes widened in shock, not expecting that to be my answer. I threw myself at him, clinging to him like a monkey. "Thank you.", I whispered again in his ear.

His tense body melted around me, holding me to him. One hand clutched desperately at my back pushing me into him, the other threaded into my hair, holding my face into the crook of his neck. "Oh princess. You're welcome. You're so very welcome."

Another set of arms wrapped around me a Victor. The owner of the arms squeezed me tightly between them," Hey, don't forget about me!" I giggled through my sniffles and turned around to hug my meanie.
"Thank you meanie.", I whispered into his ear, the fluffy still in the crook of my elbow.

"That's more like it.", he teased.

I giggled again and nuzzled my nose into his neck. He suddenly yelled and jerked away," Sweet baby Jesus your nose is cold!"

I was immediately snatched up from Victor and Gabriel. I looked up to see who'd stolen me to see grumpy north. He glared down at me as if I'd done something wrong.
"If you get cold, tell us. Silas or I will take care of it."

I didn't even realize I was cold, Well, not any colder than usual.
I tilted my head to the side," Why just Silas and you?"

Owen answers me from across the room," We'll explain that to you shortly. Let them get this excessive gift giving out of the way first."

Excessive? What'd they get me? They've already done so much for me.
"But you've all done so much for me already."

North grunts and jerks me up a bit on his side," No, we haven't."
Victor nodded from beside us," We're just getting started cutie."
Luke suddenly snatched me from North's arms and spun me around in the air before squeezing me tightly to him," That's right Lulu! We're gonna spoil you rotten and enjoy every second of it. Nothing you can do about it!"

"I'm dizzy.", I goofily mumbled as my head tilted side to side heavily. I clutch my fluffy tightly, hoping to ground myself.
"Damn it Luke! She's still healing! Be careful with her.", North boomed.

Luke stuck his tongue out at him and held me even tighter. He suddenly looked up at me with a dazzling grin and dancing chocolate eyes," Close your eyes sugar. We've got something else for you."

I did what he said, covering my eyes with my floppy sleeved fists. He chuckled," Okay, go get it Nathan."

There was some shuffling around and something huge smacked on the floor. Sean barked out a laugh," Oh my god that's adorable!"
"Where's the pillows at?", Gabriel snappily asked. Nathan huffed," We're getting them, chill. You only bought like fifty."
"They each have their uses.", Gabriel sniffed arrogantly.

Luke rocked me side to side with a chuckle. "Is this staying in here or going in her room?", he asked.
"In here. This will be her own little nap nook. I'm going to get her to pick out some things for her room in a bit."

I have a room?

"Good.", was all North said.
"Think one or two of us can lay down on it with her?", asked Nathan.
"Obviously. I picked this out with our situation in mind. It can even fit Silas' huge ass."

"Why is it all food?", Kota inquired.
"Because it's fucking cute, that's why."
"Okay. But why does she need so many?", Kota asked.
"Because she needs supplies for a pillow fort. Duh."

Luke chuckled again," Or a cute fluffy army to go to battle with." Sean joined Luke in laughing at his joke.

"That's taking up a lot of room Gabriel.", Owen stated in a very icy tone. Sean snorted," It's fine. This is her home now too. Besides this place is too clean and cold. It's needs some messy cuteness and I know just the girl for the job."

Someone pinched my butt just after he said that. I sat ramrod straight with a squeak," Bad Sean!!!!"
Sean fell out laughing, soon joined by many others in the room.

"Alright, it's done. Bring her over Luke."
North's voice suddenly came from my left and something tugged at my fluffy," Do you want me to take this for you baby?"

I squeezed my eyes shut super duper tight and snatched my fluffy into my arms," No."
Luke chuckled," I think she likes it."
North rumbled out a deep husky chuckle," That's fine baby."

"Okay set her down. Keep your eyes closed trouble."

Luke did as he was told, but kept his hands on my shoulders. I buried my eyes in my fluffy's hair so I wouldn't be tempted to peak.
"Alright, miss trouble with a capital T, open your eyes."

I did. My eyes immediately bugged out. I looked up at Gabriel who seemed a bit nervous.
"Kitty?"
Gabriel snorted and then grinned," Yeah it's a kitty."

I looked back down at the mattress thingy that they'd put where the recliner used to be. The recliner now sat in the once empty corner, facing away from the Tv. I giggled," What is it?"

Gabriel grinned bigger," Well, it's your nap nook. It's a bean bag mattress. You're going to have to take it easy for a while so we got this for you. That way you can still hang around us instead of having to go in your room."

I furrowed my brow," I have a room?"

Sean walked over to me and smiled down at me," Sure do. It needs to be fixed up, but with Gabriel on the job it'll be done in no time."
Gabriel snorted," Damn right it will be. So what do you think, Lulu?"

I looked down at the mattress and smiled," It's cute." He smirked at me," Yeah I know." I go over to him and give him a big hug," Thank you so much meanie. No one's ever done anything for me like this before."
He hugs me back, tightly, and says solemnly," Yeah well, get used to kid. I'll be damned if I let you go without."

I found my eyes were tearing up again. I squeezed him tighter.

"Good god Gabriel. I didn't realize you'd gotten so many pillows.", Victor said in exasperation, breaking the slight tension in the room. Gabriel rolled his eyes and picked up some of these cookie looking pillows," They each have a purpose. Look."

He unzipped the pillow and pulled out a tiny blanket," The macaron cookies have blankets in them." North nodded his approval at that," That's handy."
Gabriel scoffed," Damn right it is. And these guys..."
He picked up the ice cream sandwich ones and unfolded them.

"These turn into chairs she can sit in when she's on the floor. The donuts are to rest her head on and have a pouch I can put our scents in when we have to go somewhere."
Kota chuckled," Alright so what's with all the others?"
Gabriel looked at them and shrugged," For cute points. Well..." he picked up the sweet pea and unzipped it.

He pulled out a pea with a happy face," These are to snuggle with. I read it's good for ki-..." he froze and looked at me hesitantly out of the corner of his eyes.
"People?", Kota helped.

Gabriel cleared his throat and nodded," Yeah. I read that it's good for people who've gone through a traumatic experience to hold something tightly to their chest. It promotes security and stability or something like that. I figured these would be the perfect size for her."

Sean began to pet my hair while nodding at Gabriel seriously," I've read that too. It'll be good to have just in case she's shows signs of post traumatic stress."

I looked up at him, confused," What do you mean? I haven't had any trauma?"

They all shift uncomfortably. Nathan runs a hand through his hair," I don't know whether to be happy or pissed that she doesn't understand why her childhood fuckin sucked."
Gabriel grunted," Same here buddy."

Sean cleared his throat and started to massage my neck," Well now that that's said and done..."
"Actually..."
Everyone turned to look a Silas who was smiling sheepishly.
"I kinda got her something else."

North groans and runs a hand down his face," So it begins."

Silas goes into the foyer and comes back with this GIANT fluffy thing. North smirks while the others chuckle. Silas has a big dopey grin on his face," She likes laying on her tummy when she sleeps. I kinda had the same idea as Gabe. It'll be like sleeping on top of us when we can't be here."

They're really thinking of everything aren't they. They're so smart and thoughtful. I'd never think of something like that. I think I answered at least one of my self discovery questions at least - I'm not smart.

That's okay though. I have nine friends that can be smart enough for me.

"God damn Silas! It's as big as she is!", Gabriel exclaimed. Silas grinned and tossed it onto the floor beside me," It's bigger."

It really is...

Luke chuckled," What is that?"
"Sushi!", Sean exclaimed happily. "An octopus roll if I'm not mistaken!"

I tilted my head," Soo She?"
They all smile at me. Nathan messes up my hair," Don't worry peanut. I'm sure living with a man who lives off of take out will educate you on the wonders of Japanese cuisine."

I raised a brow a Sean. But he only chuckled at me. Owen cleared his throat," We need to discuss some things with Miss Lullaby."

Everyone got very serious and nodded. They all started using the alien mind speak again. Luke turned to me with a big grin to ease my anxiety and picked me up," Come on Lulu. Let's try out your new bed."

Silas followed him. I was placed in the center with them on either side of me. Silas wrapped an arm around me and pulled me back to his chest so I wasn't sitting up on my own. The chill in my tummy eased away.
"Thank you Silas for the Soo She.", I whispered. He chuckled, fingers rubbing at my tummy," You're welcome Agelle."

Luke put my feet in his lap.
"So whatcha gonna name her sugar?"

I tilted my head at him, thoroughly confused.
Name what?

Silas poked my unicorn on the head," Your doll."
"I name it?"
They both chuckled. Luke nodded enthusiastically," You bet you do. That way we'll know which one to get you when you ask."
I huffed," That doesn't make any sense. I'm never letting my fluffy go."

They both laughed, very pleased.
"She still needs a name goober. How about sparkle?"
I wrinkle my nose at that. She doesn't sparkle at all.
He continues to say random names, to which I shake my head every time.

"Rose? Twinkle? Cotton? Daphne? Susie? Tutu?... oh come on! That's ones perfect. It rhymes with your name. Lulu and Tutu, the dynamic duo!"

I giggled. Silas suddenly blurts out," Neigh- omi."
Luke and I both freeze in shock. I start to giggle as I registered that he neighed half the name. Luke fell off the bed backwards laughing. Silas' chest bounced me a little as he chuckled.

Owen spoke out of nowhere," How about macaron? Like the pillows you have."

My lips parted, eyes widened as I really thought that one over. I nodded rapidly," Macaron!"
Luke chuckled and poked Macaron on the nose who was still wound tightly within my arms," That's a cute name."
"Girl's not half bad either.", Nathan teased.

I looked at Owen who was sitting in the recliner they'd moved," Thanks Owie."
Owen's eyes widened fractionally before he schooled his features again. He cleared his throat," Yes, well...you're very welcome."

Sean cackled madly," Oh my god! This is great! Serves you right you pompous bastard."

Owen glowered icily at Sean," Moving on. Miss Lullaby we'd like to go over a few things with you if you think you're up for it? I know you're still recovering, but this really can't be put off much longer. Not with the next pair of markings right around the corner."

I nodded. Of course! How could I refuse after all they've done for me?

He gave me his usual millimeter smile," First we need to cover these markings. To do that we need to explain to you how mating works. Kota?"
(A/n: 🔥😈🔥 So it begins.)

Kota nodded and leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees, his eyes locked on mine," Alright, sweetie. This might get a little overwhelming for you, so if you need us to stop just tell us and we'll drop it immediately. Okay?"

I sank into Silas even more and nodded," Okay."

I'm a little scared. Just what do they have to say that's so overwhelming?

Kota nodded back," Okay then. We've explained to you how guardians and souls come to be bonded and why. We've also explained how we know you're ours. But what we haven't explained is what that entails."

Luke started massaging my feet as I began to worry my lip.

"Do you know understand what marriage is? What love between two people who have an intimate relationship is? I'm not talking about like what's between a parent and their child. This is between two people who wish to be together for as long as they both shall live, between people who want to have a family together."

I nodded. I did know that much.

He nodded back," Okay good. That'll make this easier to explain.  Mating is very similar to marriage except you can't divorce your mate. They're it for us. It's eternal, everlasting. Unbreakable. It's the purest form of love to exist. There will never be concerns over loyalty or longevity. It's physically impossible for Guardians and Souls alike to cheat on their destined."

That's sounds so wonderful. To never have to worry about someone's feelings change towards you? That's absolutely priceless to me.

Wait...is he saying...

Kota took a deep breathe and adjusted his glasses. Nathan dryly said," Good luck dude."
Kota rolled his eyes," What I'm trying to get at is that our bond is like a marriage, sweetie. We're meant to be just like husband and wife. Albeit a bit of an unconventional marriage. We will be intimate with you and love you just like a married couple."

So it's not like being friends?
I furrowed my brow and tilted my head," Intimate?"

Everyone froze. Sean's eyes bugged out," Oh no..."

Kota cleared his throat, now looking a little distressed," Sex sweetie. We'll one day have sex with you when you're ready."

My jaw dropped and Sean sighed in relief. I scurried away from Silas and Luke until my back hit the wall, Macaron tightly clasped in one arm while I pointed at them with a threatening glare," No! I won't play the sex organ with you! I know what that does and I won't do it!"

Everyone's eyes bulged. Sean groaned," What the actual hell did they tell her sex was?"
"I think there's been a misunderstanding on her part, Sean."
"You don't say Owen?", Sean barked out defensively.

The room erupted into a storm of cursing and yelling. Everyone was bickering.

Luke gave me a tender smile and crawled towards me. He made sure to keep his movements slow and stopped progressing a foot away from me to give me space," Where did you learn about sex Lulu?"

I buried my mouth in Macaron's hair," The dictionary."
He gave me a soft smile," Did anyone explain the things you read?"
I shook my head.
"So you had to figure it out yourself, huh?"
I nodded. I liked when Luke talked to me. He kept his cool no matter what and was very perceptive of any changes in my mood.

Luke leaned forward until our noses touched, much like he's done the last time he explained something to me. His hair shielded me from the outside world, hiding me from all the noise it caused.

"This is a conversation for another time I believe, but trust me when I say sex is a wonderful thing to share with someone you love. It's magical and feels amazing."
I look up at him with lost doe eyes," But I thought if it feels good that means it's evil."

Luke's eyes narrowed, not pleased about something in particular that I'd said," No Lulu. That's not true at all. With sex, if it feels good you're doing something right."

I froze, just staring up into his warm chocolate eyes. He stared back, eyes very solemn.
"We're not going to talk about this right now. This isn't a conversation you want to have in front of all of us, trust me. But just remember what I said - if it's with someone you love, it's okay."

"Okay?", he murmured.
"Okay.", I murmur back.

Luke pulled away, holding a hand out for me. I hesitantly placed my hand in his. He gave me a really big smile and pulled me back to my spot. All the boys looked at me solemnly, but said nothing else about it. They all seemed to have calmed down during my conversation with Luke.

Kota looked to Sean," Should we hold off on the mating talk until you've discussed sex with her?"
Sean nodded," That'd be best. At least she understands the dynamics now. I'll fill in the gaps when I get her alone."

Owen nodded to Sean," I'll arrange for that to happen before the next pair need to mark her."
Sean nodded and turned to look at me, Kota sighing heavily in relief.
"Alright pookster. We're going to move on to the next subject. Your health. This isn't about your diet either. We'll worry about that. This is about your gift."

I flinch into Luke's side and break eye contact from Sean. I don't like this subject very much.

"Oh pookie.", Sean said sadly.

Luke holds me closer. Silas rubs my back.

"Pumpkin, your gift isn't a curse. It isn't bad. It isn't evil. It's a beautiful blessing bestowed on the most worthy of this world. Your mother's fear has given you misconstrued notions about it. That should never of been the case. You should've been taken into Academy custody at a young age where we more than likely would've found you within the year. You would've had the most wonderful childhood. The academy is a perfect place to raise a Soul. We would of taught you all about your gifts and discovered your secondary gift, we-."

I cut him off," Secondary?"

He slowly nods," Yes. You see, every soul is born with a gift. Depending on that gift, there are a few possibilities of what the secondary gift is, although they're always interconnected. For instance a spirit medium wouldn't be able to bend water, but could develop a prophetic talent. Do you understand?"

I nod," But what about my...gift? I don't even know what it is. It just causes trouble."

Gabriel snorted," Fucking A. Listen you rugrat, every Soul has to learn their ability. It's just part of the process, like a baby learning to walk."

Sean nodded," Exactly like that."

Gabriel continued on," That sometimes means that weird things happen that won't ever happen again. There was this one Soul who could bend air. She caused a historically bad hurricane in Florida when she turned five. Can't do it to save her life now. You were growing into your abilities, you still are. Now I don't know what the hell happened that caused your mom to wig the fuck out, but..."

"The birds...", I whispered into Macaron's hair.

"What?", multiple boys asked.

"When I was little-."
"How little?", Owen interrupted me.
I met his gaze, slightly trembling in anticipation. They may be upset with me after I tell them this, but they just don't understand. Maybe they'll get why my 'gift' is so evil once I tell them.

"I was five."

He nods," Continue."
I nodded back," I'd been playing with Marie in the backyard. We used to be really close, but the demon scared her that day."
"Pookie. It wasn't a demon, Okay? They just don't understand what happened so they clung to an explanation they were most comfortable with."

I refused to look him in the eyes, instead choosing to play with Macaron's blue horn instead.
"We were singing. Mommy used to sing us to sleep every night. Our favorite had always been 'You are my sunshine'. We were playing pretend. Marie was the dark fairy and I was the light fairy. She used to tell me I was like the stars, bright and cheerful. She never cared that my hair was weird. She actually thought it was cool. She doesn't think that anymore though."

Luke squeezed me to his chest and rested his cheek on top of my head.

"It'd never happened before, at least not that I'm aware."
"It probably hadn't. Your magic starts to spike at that age.", Luke mumbled into my hair.

That's a small relief.

"Marie noticed before I did. There were birds everywhere, tiny ones and really scary big ones. They swarmed around us like a tornado, getting angrier and angrier. Marie had already figured out it was my singing that caused it so she told me to keep singing while she escaped. That kept them at bay for a little bit, but it was like suddenly it stopped working."

"That'd be the magical imbalance that happens to younger Souls. Your magic is very volatile at that age. It'll spike randomly causing disaster, only to completely disappear moments later. It's like building a muscle. It takes time and practice.", Kota murmured.

"What happened?", Gabriel whispered to me. I swallowed and shrunk into a ball in Luke's side," They got angry. They chased me into the house and committed suicide. There'd been blood and feathers everywhere. Marie told mommy what had happened. They both think I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster Lulu.", Luke said to me softly. "The only kind of monster you are, is the cute fluffy kind that likes to cuddle."
"So she's a cat?", Victor sarcastically said.
I giggled at that.

North stalked over towards us and crouched in front of me. His dark smoldering eyes locked onto mine," Thank you for telling us that baby. That couldn't of been easy to share."

I just shrug.
"Don't brush it off Miss Lullaby.", Owen says seriously. "He's right. That was very brave of you. We appreciate it very much."

I didn't know what to say so I said nothing. I just played with Macaron's horn.

North cupped my face with his hands and kissed me on the forehead," You're not a monster baby. Monsters aren't defined by their species. They're defined by their actions, by their heart and your heart is pure. Beautiful and pure. It's all in perspective. The world sees you as a vile demon, the Academy sees you as the most precious gem one can possess."

Sean nodded," He's right. In our world there is no greater honor than being in the presence of a Soul. You stand for so much. You're purity and innocence. You're love and passion. It's our duty to protect and preserve that. It's our duty to help you with your gift, so that the world can be graced with it."
"But what is it? Why does my voice cause weird things?"

"We don't know the technical name for it, but your name certainly hits close. We've discussed this while you were out. It seems very similar to the myths about sirens and on some level banshees. You said your singing causes living creatures to behave strangely. Your gift is magnificent sweetie. We've never had a Soul appear with your ability before. Depending on how strong it is, you could do some pretty incredible things.", Kota ranted.

"But what if I don't want to do incredible things? Do I have to?"

North rubbed his thumbs across my cheekbones to catch my attention," No baby. You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"That's not entirely true North.", Sean reprimanded him lightly.
North's eyes darkened in agitation, but he kept quiet. Sean locked eyes with me, dead serious," That's what we needed to talk to you about pumpkin. You truly don't have to do anything you don't want to, but remember how you told me you get if you don't sing for a while? That build up of energy? The craving and restlessness it causes? That call deep within you?"

I nod.

"That's your soul."
"I thought I was a Soul."
Quite a few of them chuckle.
"You are, but the source of magic within you that makes you a Soul is your soul. It's almost a living thing. It's what causes the soul neglect, the bonds, the mating. It's why the markings are very important. It soothes it, staving off the soul neglect."

"If it's causing so many problems why not just take it out?"

Sean laughs," It doesn't work that way sweetheart. Your soul is deeply intwined with your being. One cannot exist without the other and all that."

I pout," Then how do I make it stop?"
Gabriel threw his head back and groaned over dramatically for no reason at all.

"You have to use your magic. It's one of the many duties, we as guardians have regarding our Souls. We have to make sure you little munchkins are venting your magic regularly and that others don't witness you doing so. Usually Souls like venting their magic so much, Guardians have a full time job making sure you girls don't expose yourselves. It's incredibly healthy for you to vent. You have to pookie. You'll get very sick if you don't use your magic."

I find myself starting to shake. North pets my cheeks, trying to soothe me. I look right into north's eyes when I say,"But what if something bad happens?"

North gives me a gentle smile," Baby, it won't."
"How do you know?"
He chuckled," Because I know."
I huffed," That doesn't explain anything."

North goes to reply when Gabriel randomly says," Anyone notice how she puffs out her cheeks like a chipmunk when she's annoyed? It's fucking adorable."
"Gabriel.", Owen said warningly with a small smirk.

North rolled his eyes," As I was saying, you have to baby. When we say you'll get sick, we're putting it lightly."
Sean butts in again," He's right pookie. You're symptoms will be identical to the soul neglect's. Except we won't be able to fix it by marking you. There's only one outcome that comes from magic buildup and that is dangerous. We're talking something akin to a bomb going off."

"He's not over exaggerating.", Owen added dryly.

I nimble at my lower lip. North's eyes darkened for some reason. Am I annoying him by being so stubborn?
"Do I have to do it now?"

So many of them let out humongous sighs of relief at the same time that it sounded like a gust of wind blew through. Silas bent down and kissed my hair," No Agelle."
North smirked," But you need to start doing it soon. We can feel it through the bond. It's straining your body. You're not at a hundred percent yet baby. It could end up being lethal to you."

I wrinkled my nose," I'll think about it."

North, Sean, and Luke all chuckled while Nathan, Gabriel, and Kota snorted.

"We'll let up for now, Miss Lullaby. However this is not the end of this conversation. We're not asking you to compel an audience. We're asking that you vent your magic just enough to keep you healthy."

I snuggled into Luke's side, very uncomfortable with Owen's piercing stare.
Kota looked to Owen and Sean," Should we bring up her feeding on...?"
"No!", Sean said frantically. Owen raised a brow at Sean," Not tonight. She's having to take in a lot. We don't want to cause her unnecessary distress."

Sean nodded with panicky eyes that were staring right at me," And we still have to discuss our mission with her. It's going to be too much on her. She already looks exhausted."

I'm always exhausted.

Silas and North both snorted and chuckled near me. We all looked at them curiously.
North rubbed my knee with a grin while Silas explained," She accidentally pushed her thoughts through the bond."

"What did she say?", Nathan asked.
Gabriel glared at him," She probably doesn't want it advertised asshole!"
Nathan glared back," It couldn't of been bad if those two are smiling!"
North grunted, annoyance in his eyes," She was just saying that she's always exhausted."

Owen nodded sharply,"We've figured as much. It's because your body is starving and you without a doubt still have much healing ahead of you. Sean, if you would?"

Sean cleared his throat," I'll be brief because we really do have much to discuss still. You're body is at the point of shutting down. North and Silas marked you to save your life. Thankfully we've had great progress with your health the past two weeks. Your wounds are nearly gone and your body no longer shows signs of dehydration."

"Are you sure? Her skin is still dry.", Gabriel asked Sean.
Sean nodded at him," I'm sure. That's from the starvation. Her body can't afford giving her skin the nutrients. It's giving all of her calories to life dependent organs like her heart and brain."

I smiled goofily with closed eyes and said," Braiiiiiiinnnnnns!" And then proceeded to playfully chomp Silas' shoulder. They room stilled before all but Owen and North fell out laughing. North covered his face with a hand, his shoulders shaking.

"We better move this along. She's getting bored.", Kota said with a chuckle.

Sean shook his head at me," Alright, goofy. I'll hurry. Remember how I told you that your only job is to worry about getting better?"
I nodded.
"You need to gain weight. Desperately. We'll be feeding you every two hours on the dot. What I need you to do is try to get as much down as you can. I'm hoping this will gear up your metabolism again and get your stomach to start telling your brain it wants to eat. The goal here isn't just to get weight on you, but to get you where you crave to eat again. Okay?"

I nodded and shouted goofily," O- Kay!"
Sean snorted out a laugh and buried his face in his hands," Oh god. You're too cute for your own good. Kota? Mission details please. I can't do it."

Kota smirked at me as he adjusted his glasses," This is the last thing we have to discuss with you I promise. Remember how we told you what the academy does."

I nodded, holding Macaron closely to my chest as I settled into Silas' side. Silas wrapped an arm around me and began to rub up and down my arm.

"We're actually here for a mission specifically. That's why we're scattered about in different houses like this. We've had to cycle out the past two weeks, but it's getting to the point where we will jeopardize our mission to continue doing so. In a week or two, just after the next two of us mark we'll be returning to a high school near here. It's a very dangerous school. There's all sorts of bad people there so you'll need to stay with one of us at all times. All of us will be undercover, so you may not be able to interact with us like you normally would."

Luke grimaced and began to play with my fingers," This is so wrong. She just got out of a bad situation. She needs us now more than ever. I don't feel right making her deal with this."

Owen nodded once," It's bad timing, I'll agree. But we gave our word. Miss Lullaby?"
I focused all my attention on him.
"Sean and I will be posing as teachers. You can't hug us or touch us like you can at home. Understood?"

I tilted my head," I'm going?"

Quite a few grimaced when I said that. Kota nodded at me," Yes sweetie. We can't leave you alone. Not right now."

My eyes widened excitably and I bounced on my knees a few times," Really?! I've never been to a school before!"

Gabriel started cursing under his breath while Owen gave me a millimeter smile," It'll be dangerous and you'll need to listen to everything we tell you. Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

I nodded and yawned," Uhuh."

Sean chuckled at me," That's Enough everyone. We'll explain the rest to her at another time. She's still healing and needs her rest."

North glowers at me with determination and looks at Luke using the alien mind speak again.
Luke suddenly grinned down at me," Come on sugar. Let's try out your new bed. Gabriel?"

Gabriel got up and stretched his arms over his head with a yawn," Yeah I could use a nap."

Silas moved to the couch while Luke and Gabriel scooted me up the bed and laid me between their bodies. Each wrapped me in their arms while I laid between them, Macaron tightly held to my chest.

I was already drifting off when They each gave me a kiss on the forehead and started watching Tv. I grew up in a silent world, but their chatter and movement that filled the air soothed me instead of keeping me awake.

North bounded over and threw a blanket over us," Do I need to swap out with one of you? She's shivering like crazy."

"We got her.", Luke whispered.

I fell into a deep slumber as Gabriel played with my hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 441 53
A rare species of supernatural arrives at the most famous academy for those like her, werewolves, witches and more. With a knack for finding trouble...
160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
4.4K 331 17
Sang found a white mask on her bed. The Blackbourne's team gathered around her. When she took the mask, a clock's ticking can be heard. She turned i...
20.1K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...