Life is worth living

By Vitiligoprincess

Amina is a strong woman. She has been through hell and back. She's been bullied for her skin disorder Vitilig... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
authors note
VIII
IX
What you do to me😩
About me💖
XI
New book?
Story out now💗
For real?
please No!
author note
A|N
💔
💖
Book out now!!
Make sure you read!
alsuwdania السودانية🇸🇩
Please no! pt.2
Home together💙💖
the talk
Got you
Why father?
The save
Another story
no updates
Wtf
Thank you y'all!
Uh oh 😮
uh oh! pt.2
Mama?
Merry Christmas
UGH😤😡
Mama? pt.2
late night
A family day in Cali
A simple response
Oh.My.Goodness!
Pregnant❤👪
First appointment
👭Sisters👭
Please, no more drama...
Living life apart from each other
Surprise!
Can i just be left alone?
can I just be left alone?pt.2
girl♀or boy♂?
Really August?
Happy Valentine's day
Baby shower
it's time
Coming to an end
Last straw
What you've been waiting for...

Meeting his family gone wrong...

155 7 30
By Vitiligoprincess

August POV

I had just woken up by some sirens going off. I look to see Mina wrapped up in the sheets and one of my arms under her. I couldn't even feel my arm circulation any more. With my free arm and hand, I grab my phone off the night stand and check the time. It's 12:34.

"Mina beybeh wake up."

"Noooooo! Leave me alone."

"Fine. I guess you don't want me to make you your favorite pancakes." She hopped up, rubbed her eyes and looked around.

"What time is it?"

"12:36 now." I realized we were the only ones in the room.

"Come on, let's get ready for the day. I'm going to take a shower."

"Can I get in the shower with you? Please!"

"No August because I know what's going to happen." She gets up out of bed and walks into the bathroom. I'll find a way into that bathroom.

Amina's POV

As soon as I get in that bathroom, I used the toilet. After, I brush my teeth and wash my face. I let the water run a little so it can be a little got to my liking. The water felt so good on my back, my shoulders, arms, everything. I needed it.

As I was washing up, I felt arms wrap around me and put me against the wall. I cursed at myself for forgetting to lock the door.

"1. Didn't I tell you I wasn't going to take a shower with you and 2. Why do you have a condom on? Who gets in the shower with a condom o-." I couldn't finish my sentence because he cut me off with a kiss.

"Shhh. You need this." Lord this is going to be a longggg shower...

2 and a half hours later...

Finally I'm able to get out the shower after some things went down in there. I pat dry and lotion up my body with a non heavily scented lotion,  I put my undergarments on and walk into the room trying to figure out what to wear.

August family was in Cali  for half of the week and of course he told them about me. So today we are going to visit them.

"Hmmmmm. What should I wear?" August sat next to me and snaked his arm around me.

"Just wear something casual. You dont have to get dressed up, it's just my family."

"It's just your family to you but I never met any of them. First impression are everything pooh." I get up and pieced together this outfit.

I wasn't worried about the heels because they were so comfortable. As I was getting dressed, I noticed I was gaining a little weight.

"I need to stop eating so much kisra." I mumble so I can only hear it. My hair was wavy, so I just brush through it with my wide tooth comb and put some hair moisturizer in it. For make up, I put on this light plum color lip stick and make my signature wing liner.

I was all set, all I need to do is help August find something to wear. I tell ya, sometimes I feel more like his stylist than his girlfriend...

After I laid out his clothes and he got dressed, he cooked me my favorite red velvet pancakes with cream cheese to go on top and my favorite bacon, beef bacon.

"Mmmmmmm, this is so good!" I licked  my whole plate clean.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." He took my emply plate and kissed the side of my head. I got up and put on my shoes while August grabbed the car keys and headed out of the door.
As we were walking to the car, August said "Are you nervous?"

"Yeah. Really nervous. What if she doesn't like me?" He grabbed my hand and looked me in my eye.

"If my mama isn't happy with me dating someone that is as unique and beautiful as you, then so be it. I'm not going to be with some stuck up rich  daddy's girl to please her. I wanna be with you and you only." After that he pecked my lip and opened my door, make sure I got in and got in on his side.

I hope she likes me...

1 and a half a hour later~

We made it to his mom's boyfriend house here in San Francisco. I sigh and August grabbed my hand.

"You'll be alright. Don't stress so much." He opened my door and we walked up the walk way and before he could knock his mother opened the door.

"Ohh August it's so great to see yo-." She stoped her sentence and looked me up and down in disgust. I look down at my feet and August squeezed my hand.

"What is...that?" I wanted to cry. DoI really look that bad?

"Ma, she's not a thing, she is a person and her name is Amina." I look at him and smiled. His mom rolled her eyes and stepped aside to let us in. His sister in law was sitting on the couch and her eyes lit up when she saw me. At least she likes me.

"Oh hello! I'm cha cha! Your so gorgeous hun." She pulled me into a tight, warming hug.

"So, what's your name?"

"My name is Amina."

"That's gorgeous! I don't think I've ever met a Amina." I giggled.

"Your so pretty, and unique. If you don't mind me asking, what are  those patches on your body?"

"I have Vitiligo, it's a skin condition that causes my immune system to go up to my skin surface and they start to attack my skin cells. The skin cell is now weak or dead so I loose my melanin and it's just non melanin patches. It's not contagious or anything like that."

"Thank god." Augs mom mumbles under her breath. Why is she so mean to me?

"Don't mind her, but that's a very beautiful thing that you have! I'm sure that the girls will love you."

"She is not going anywhere near my grandbabies. She might scare them." At that point I just wanted to cry. But I'm not no weakling so I didn't but I can admit that was very hurtful and I was down.

"Why do you have to be so mean ma? Amina hasn't done anything to you and your treating her like crap. Like I said before, I am not going to date Amber. She's so stuck up and conceded and treats everyone like shit because her dad is the top lawyer in San Francisco!"

"But August she likes you! She'll do anything to be with you!" Oh no. That means more drama.

"I don't care. You only see the money in everything. That's why you can barely keep a relationship because you act like a gold digger! I have enough to provide for myself and my family!" By now August was heated so I pulled him down in a big and rubbed his back to calm him down. That's always calmed him down when I do it.

"Shhh. Shhhhh. It's okay, calm down." His muscles calmed down and he rested his head on my shoulder. He calmed down and continued calmly.

"Why can't you ever be happy for me ma? That's all I ask. I do not want to date your boyfriends daughter. I want to be with Amina." Just then, this girl walks in. Not going to lie she was cute, but not beautiful. Her hair was a little stiff and mattered into a "sleek ponytail", she had on purple business pants with cheetah print heels and a orange blazer and a matching silk purple top on. Her make up was good, but her eyebrows were crazy.

I guess once she saw I was holding August hand and calming him, she realized I was his girlfriend she had the meanest mug on her face.

"August! What is... That thing ?" This time I was fed up. She's around our age so I can talk to her any type of way.

"Im Amina, I have a name that you now know so use it, and I'm not a thing, I am a woman, a person." She looked a little taken back by my words.

"Me and August is saposed to be together! What happened Ms. Sheila!"

"He's being too stubborn and he's going to miss out on a good thing messing with this alien." They both started laughing.

At that point I just let all my tears fall down my face. I hug cha cha and run out of the house and down the street. I don't know where I'm going but I needed to leave.

The dark sky falls over San Francisco and I don't know where I'm at. My phone is dead too. I was walking on the side of the highway and I felt someone grab me and pull me into the forest.

"HELP!"

Oh no! Where could Mina be? Who's after her? Find out in the next chapter!🐸☕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...
388K 13.5K 28
She's 15 and her parents still thinks her and her little sister needs a babysitter. They are dumb enough to hire a fine ass man who's 20 years old to...
4.3K 126 33
THIS STORY IS ABOUT A GIRL NAMEDMAI AND SHE GETS BULLIED ALOT ...... BUT READ TO FIND OUT MORE IT'S REALLY GOOD TRUST ME
126K 3.9K 26
Ashanti and August become friends and do a lot of things together. Sooner or later, they fall in love. But as soon as that happens, people from her p...