Colours || bws

By unholydraco

[completed] "You're pretty shy aren't you?" "You're pretty arrogant aren't you?" ©unholycalum Highest ranking... More

z e r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
merry christmas!
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
new book

t h i r t y - t w o

4.6K 92 42
By unholydraco

Magenta

Prom banners decorate the hallways and posters are stuck on basically every classroom door.

"I always forget how much the school gets into prom." Jackie laughs from beside from.

"Yeah, I guess I never paid too much attention to it." I shrug.

We walk into the library greeting Miss Reed and look around for a spare table with the comfortable seats. We find a table on the second floor and almost fun up the flight of stairs before collapsing on either side of the table.

"Okay so what were we doing again?"

"Mr Tyrell wants us to create the slideshow for prom this year and organise the ballots for prom kid and queen."

"Right..." She trails off. "And how did we get roped into this again?"

"He promised that we could have a free period the next class we have with him because we've basically finished all of our work for the topic we're on." I try to convince her.

"Okay that seems like a valid enough reason to do it."

"Good, because I was not going to do it all alone." I lay down on the comfy pound chairs.

"So do we have the nominees for king and queen?" She asks.

"Uh yeah he said he'd email them to you." I watch through the table as Jackie pulls out her phone and probably opens her school emails.

"Oooh this is a good list, this will bring good quality content for prom." She laughs.

"What?" Jackie pushes her phone into my hand and I groan at the list.

Prom Queen nominees:
Magenta Hale
Abigail Rose
Chrissie Brett
Felicity Williams

"Well I'm dead. Who knows what that girl will do to win. I may as well just resign." I flop

"Can you even 'resign' from being a prom queen nominee?"

"I have no idea. If you can't, I'll make it possible."

"Yeah okay have fun with that. But for now, aren't you supposed to have rehearsal with Brad and Psycho?"

"Shoot, I do. I'm really sorry can you handle this for now?" I quickly pick up my bag that I had discarded lazily on the floor and stand up.

"It's not problem, go." She shoos me away and I shoot her a grateful smile before running out of the library - which gains me a disappointed shake of head from the librarian.

I weave my way through the crowd of prom-excited students as I make my way to the rehearsal room. I push the door open and see Abigail and Brad sitting on two stools. Brad has a guitar on his lap and Abigail's running her long nails up his arm.

I cough slight annoyed. "Sorry I'm late."

Brad's head whips around to look at me and I notice the grateful look in his eyes at me arriving. I try not to laugh as Abigail removes her wandering hands and gives me a bored look.

"No problem, we were just reminiscing about our past." Abigail said emphasise the 'our'.

"Cool."

"Okay, why don't we start practising now." Brad handed me a spare microphone stand and I take it, sending him a smile.

I nod at Abigail and she starts the song.

"And you got me like oh
What you want from me?"

"What you want from me?" I repeat.

"And I tried to buy your pretty heart, but the price too high
Baby, you got me like oh, mm
You love when I fall apart, fall apart
So you can put me together
And throw me against the wall"

We sing the song by Rihanna with passion and Brad joins in at times while playing the guitar. I realise that Abigail has a pretty good soft voice, quite the opposite of her attitude.

As soon as we finish the first rehearsal her ph be buzzed and she glares at her phone before stomping.

I look at Brad and he sighs with a shrug.

"I'm sure we'll be fine, you guys know the words and I know the chords. I'll be surprised if we don't get an A." He assures me.

I nod unsure. "When do we perform it again?"

"Last period." Brad reminds me

"Shit." I curse.

"Hey it's okay, do you want to go through it just us? I can sing Abigail's parts."

"Yes please."

Brad nods and fiddles with his guitar before nodding and singing the first bit.

It goes well and then I get to the first of two parts that I always worry about. My voice is strong but I get worried sometimes and avoid a note.

"Must be love on the brain
That's got be feeling this way
It beats me black and blue
But it loves me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the braaaaaaiiin." I draw out the last note and raise my voice trying to keep the note steady.

Brad smiled at me and it makes me feel good about my self so I continue.

We finish the song and I sigh in relief finally feeling confident.

"Okay, I feel ready."

Brad placed the guitar on top of it's case and walks over to me. His arms wrap around my waist and I laugh as he pulls me towards him.

"You sound amazing." He places a quick kiss on my lips and I grin up at him.

"Can we go eat?" I whisper.

"Of course." He laughs.

Brad properly puts the guitar in the case and we walk out of the rehearsal room, hand in hand.

"Oh, hey Abigail." I say startled. She was standing right in the doorway and it looked like she had been there for a little bit.

"Hey guys I was just about to come back in." She pushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh we were just going to go eat." Brad says.

"Okay cool, I guess I'll see you guys in music then." She abruptly turns around and speed walks down the hall.

I shake my head and we walk to the cafeteria.

"Oh I didn't tell you, I was nominated for prom queen." I laugh.

Brad smiled down at me. "Maybe we could be prom king and queen." He teases.

"Ugh, please no." I stick out my tongue.

"That's pretty soon isn't it?"

"Yep next weekend." Time flies.

We buy food and then see James sitting alone with his earphones in.

"Whatcha listening to?" I ask and he pulls an earphone out.

"Taylor Swift." He slightly reddens but I smile.

"I love her music."

James swings the earphone around as he hums along to the sky and I turn to Brad.

"So, I think Dad wants you to come over for dinner before prom again. I think he's still a little sceptical but he likes you."

"I'm glad, I almost fainted when he shook me hand. He basically cut of the circulation and I knew right then and there that I was in trouble." A loud laugh runs past my lips.

"I guess he's just a little protective, it's just me and him and he probably wants me all to himself. I am such a great daughter after all."

Brad rolls his eyes before wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. "You are pretty great."

"Bleh, you guys are gross." James pretends to vomit and I roll my eyes.

"You're just jealous of how cute we are." Brad pulls me tighter to him.

"Nah, you got nothing on me and Kira."

"Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever met your girlfriend before." I realise. "Are you bringing her to prom?"

"Yeah, she goes to another school but she's agreed to join me at prom. I can't wait for you all to meet her. Connor already has but you guys haven't."

The three of us talk for the next 15 minutes before the bell rings sending us to our next class.

"Great I have history." I sigh.

"Aw it's okay, I'll see you last period." Brad kisses my cheek before running to catch up with James.

Slowly, I make my way to my class and slip into my seat.

"I'm excited, are you excited?" I jump and my heart beat accelerates.

"Abigail," I breathe. "Hi."

"Hey Magenta. I totally forgot we were in the same class for History." She grins at me from the seat next to me.

"Me too."

"I love learning about history. History is what shapes us and it's how we learn from past mistakes. Such as wars or getting cocky and picking fights with someone who you can't beat."

I'm not going to lie, I felt like peeing my pants. I'm still terrified of this girl and I could hear the warning in her voice. It was as if she was telling me 'back down now, you know I'll win.' Win who? Brad of course.

Months ago I probably would have laugh and told her to take him as I couldn't care less. But unfortunately, the curly haired brunette has made himself a cozy little home in my heart.

"I totally agree. I especially love to learn about those cocky people who believe they're above everyone else, they all end up the same; usually dead or behind bars." I'm not saying it was a smart idea to add fuel to her fire but I am not letting go of my man.

Abigail's eyes narrow and her lips curl into a snarl. She opens her mouth to say something but is cut off by the teacher walking into the classroom.

"Alright, take out your textbook and turn to page 164."

Abigail backs down and I feel triumphant. But in my head there's this little voice - my more logical voice - whispering that I've just dug myself a grave.

I race to music when the bell rings, knowing that the trek from the history classroom to the music classroom is far and often blocked by many students. I stumble into the room panting lightly.

"I'm here." I luff out.

"I'm not late." I look over my shoulder to see Abigail running towards me.

I take my seat next to Brad and after Mr McKee checks hat everyone is in class we create space for the performances.

"Okay. Brad, Magenta, Abigail, you're up."

We set up microphone stands and Brad finds a tuned guitar. A '1,2,3' is whispered before Abigail plunged into the first line.

The performance goes almost perfectly except for the part where a wasp flew into the room and created chaos. The class looked impressed and we all sat down with a smile on our faces.

Class finished and I told Brad that I had decided to walk home. He offered to walk with me but I declined his offer, I wanted some alone time.

With my earphones pushed into my ears, I start the walk to my - probably empty - house. The Neighbourhood fills my senses and I become completely unaware of the car zooming towards me until it's completely in front of me. I jump back in shock and glance at the driver that wears a menacing grin.

Abigail speeds away and it's only when I can no longer see her car that I feel the immense pain that seems to take over my body as I start to sway.

"Shit." I say as I collapse.

The end.

Jk.

It is nearly the end though. I think there will be about one to three more chapters. I would do the last chapter next but I feel like it'll miss quite a bit of info that will make it seem like a bit of a jump. My struggle at the moment is figuring out what to put between before the last chapter that I have planned.

I hope you all have/are having a lovely day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 12.8K 95
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
6.3M 124K 94
One day turns into a lifetime. When two friends win a day with one direction, they never expect what was going to happen next. (This book was writte...
786K 16.6K 78
Jade Collins is a 19 years old teenager. She has just completed her degree for Media Makeup at the College of Fashion, in London. Just as she is done...
509K 9.2K 29
Getting a text from a wrong number.....but I never knew it was harry styles