f o u r t e e n

Brad

I pace back and forth in my room, pulling at my brown curls. I hear the distant sound of my phone ringing but I ignore it. Nothing else seems important as I think of the blonde girl. She hates me and I hate her yet I can't get her out of my mind. It wasn't like I liked her. I'm just curious about her.

"Brad, Connor's here." I can't help but groan at the thought of company. I just want to be alone with my thoughts.

"Hey buddy." Connor says softly from my doorway. He looks down at me as I sit on my bed holding my head.

"Hey what's up?"

"Were supposed to be working on our project for music remember? The boys should be here soon."

"Oh right." I nod.

"What's wrong you seem a little out of it."

"Nothing I'm just tired I didn't get much sleep."

I can tell he doesn't believe me but he nods his head as if he does. We sit in silence as we wait for the others. Soon there's two sets of footsteps heard along with laughter.

"Hey mate." Tristan and James both say.

"Hey guys."

"Right so what do we have to do?" James asks.

"Mr Cate said we have to write a song. Vocals and instruments." Connor answers.

"Anyone have any ideas?" Tristan asks.

We all stay silent but the boys all look at me.

"What?"

"Don't you have any ideas?"

I think deeply. "Well, there was this song I started writing a few days ago but I didn't get very far."

"Cool let's hear it."

I take my guitar from its stand and strum the strings to see if it's tuned.

"I only really have the chorus written." I say before starting the song I had yet to name.

"She got legs like Beyoncé
Give me the eye like Rihanna
I wanna put her on camera
'Cause she drives me crazy, crazy, crazy
Don't need no gameshow
Or Hollywood movie, pop video
'Cause as long as she's next to me
I got all the girls on TV
I got all the girls on TV"

"I like it, it's awesome. Any inspiration?" James asks curiously.

"Ah nope, it all just came to me." I nod my head.

"Well it's sounds awesome I say we add to it and present that." Connor grins.

The boys all agree and we start to work on the song.

"How about like she called me oh that girl from the party and I thought she should be on TV when I first saw her face." James throws out.

I try singing it in my head and I find myself writing down chords as I try on my guitar.

"Yeah that sounds good." We all agree.

We spend the afternoon writing, singing and laughing.

"I'll go get us some food." I offer.

I run downstairs and raid the cupboards for food.

"Pasta..pasta..pasta...ah crackers." I set the crackers on a plate and start cutting up slices of cheese. I grab a few choc chip biscuits and put them on the plate as well.

Knock knock

"I got it!" I call out as I walk to the door. I pull it open and my eyes almost fall out of my head as I look at who's on the doorstep.

"Oh uh come in." I offer.

The blonde made nods and steps into the house looking around at the furniture and picture frames.

"Sorry I just got a dog and he escaped out the back foot and went running. I've been knocking on doors but no one's seen him." She sighs.

"Sorry I haven't seen any dogs apart from my own."

As if knowing someone was talking about her Jesse comes running towards us. She sits at my feet and I laugh as I scratch behind her ear.

"This is Jesse." I motion the large golden retriever at my feet.

"She's so cute." Magenta gushes reaching forward to pat her.

"Do you live nearby?" I ask.

"Yeah I live about 10 minutes away."

"I can give you a lift home if you want." I offer.

She stays silent and stares at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Why are you being nice?" She tips her head to the side.

"Am I not usually nice?" I smirk.

Magenta rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Thanks but I'm going to keep looking for him."

"Okay."

All of a sudden Jesse jumps up and runs to the back of the house barking.

"Jesse!" I call out trying to get her to stop. She keeps  arming and I roll my eyes.

"Wait one second."

I follow Jesse outside where a little dog is standing, wagging its tail.
My
"Aren't you a little cutie." I say. I pick him up and carry him inside.
"Is he yours?"

"Oh my gosh yes. Thank you." She takes him from my hand and I watch as she holds him close.

"What's his name?"

"Nestor." She replies while kissing the tip of his head.

"Nestor?" I confirm.

"Yeah. It's different. Well I better be going. Thank for inviting me in otherwise I probably wouldn't have been here when Nestor came."

"No worries, make sure he doesn't get out again."

"Will do." She laughs as she steps outside. I wave goodbye and close the door behind her.

"She's pretty."

"Jesus!" I jump in surprise as I turn to see Nat laughing at me.

"Scared ya." She laughs.

"Shut up." I punch her shoulder and walk into the kitchen to get the bow slightly warm cheese, crackers and biscuits.

But the voice inside me can't help but agree with Nat.

Yoooooo we got 1K reads!!!!!! Love you all. Thanks to idgaf_mcvey for keeping me sane