Sasuke & Sakura : Nightlights

Af GraceOlives

The second installment in the series of completed SasuSaku one-shots. Angst Warning. Some stories may be PG-1... Mere

🔽 Two Bloods 🔼
🔼 Good And Evil 🔽
🔽 Destiny 🔼
🔼 The Unseen 🔽
🔽 The Unseen 🔼
🔼 The Unseen 🔽
🔼 Bromance 🔽
🔽 Bleeding Skies 🔼
🔽 Hangman 🔼
🔼 Hangman 🔽
Thank You Readers

🔼The Girl Next Door🔽

1.1K 55 19
Af GraceOlives

Words: 3.5 K

Published On: 01.28.18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have been hanging out for more than a week now. She is like a bubble of energy and positivity who seems to attract people to her like a magnet. He cannot deny it because he, too, finds himself attracted to her. No, he does not want to just sleep with her. He wants to date her; he wants to know her.

She is the perfect girl next door.

He attended a few yoga classes in the park together with her. He is certainly not clumsy, but she moves like a goddess. Or so he thinks - she struggles a lot of times, but its fun. It is entirely possible he might be infatuated with her. Oh, well. She is a nice girl to be infatuated with.

She has pink hair - the oddest color he has ever known in human hair - and its natural! Her eyes are greener than any green eyes he's ever seen. Its like she was made to be unique.

No, she is not a beautiful goddess of perfection, but she is pretty. Her personality is magnetic or, again, so he thinks, because the room really does feel brighter when she is in it. She can laugh at herself and cry for others, she sings like a toad and isn't afraid to tell the world that. She is someone who is comfortable with who she is. Its admirable.

He knows she loves wearing rings and lockets, because there hasn't been a time he has seen her without either. They look nice on her. He has sneakily also checked whether any of her rings holds a rock and is relieved to find there are none.

She invited him to hang out with her and her friends at the beach today. She is not great at volleyball he quickly discovers, but she can sure throw a ball real hard. She looks lovely in her red beach wear and he finds her most attractive in the big group of people here - despite the fact that the very hot Ino Yamanaka is also right here. She is more clothed than anyone else too.

Must be something about her..

She is chatting away with one of her guy friends - if he recalls correctly, his name is Drew. She lightly punches him on the arm for cracking a bad joke and then she's off to get a juice. She has no idea, but he notices Drew's eyes follow her with that strange look that can only be described as feelings.

So he isn't the only one..

She is stopped on her way by another one of her friends who has already gotten her a glass and he can see it clearly on this guy's face too that he admires her. Sakura is oblivious though and is happily chatting away, cracking terrible jokes she punched Drew for.

Suddenly, she stops and her eyes go to fix on two men walking by the shore. One of them freezes too, looking at her. They seem to be suspended in time for a very short moment - a time that seems to be from somewhere in their past because her eyes lower then, when he tries to move toward her, as if he is bringing back memories she does not want to have any more.

She takes a step back and her friend notices. He must know the man for he positions himself in front of her, between them, as if to protect her. She leaves the scene and the drop in her usually bubbly attitude is apparent, though she is still smiling and hanging out with everyone as usual.

It was probably an ex-boyfriend from a bad break-up. She later on tells him he indeed was an ex who had cheated on her during what she thought was an honest relationship. She confessed to even thinking she was falling in love and thanks the Heavens that she did not.

He catches himself thinking that had she been his girlfriend, he'd never cheat on her.

By the next day, her mood has returned to her usual self and they are merrily driving down the road, blasting music in the jeep. She admonishes Drew for driving over the speed limit - its clear she follows rules that ensure you live longer - but there is no real force behind it. She has had some alcohol, he thinks.

Suddenly there is a dog in front of the car and Drew veers them a full 360 degrees instead of the car overturning or going off road - or killing the dog - they still lightly bump against a tree. She falls back on him and he catches her before she could hurt herself. Then she is jumping out the jeep to check on her friends.

The other cars with the rest of her friends have also caught up by now. No one is actually hurt much except for Drew earning a smack on his head for all his troubles and her other guy friend - he learns his name is Jordan - being on the receiving end of a deadly glare for joking about her fussing over his impending muscle pain. Its clear she cares about them.

The jeep is undamaged, except for having burnt one of the tires and busted a headlight. She has her hands cutely on her waist, surveying the damage to her jeep. Then she narrows her eyes and like a chaperone scolding errant children, banishes both Drew and Jordan to separate cars. Once the tire has been replaced, she decides to take the wheel herself, refusing to let even him drive, though he is sure he is a good driver.

As he spends more time with her, it becomes clear to him that he is not the only one who finds her magnetic. There is at least one guy - if not more - in practically every place she goes to, who seems to have a thing for her. When she knows about it, she tends to keep some distance out of respect for the other person's feelings, so as to not lead them on.

She is still unaware of her two close guy friends - Jordan and Drew - who would like her to be more. Its like she is in her own world of uncomplicated friendships. Perhaps Drew and Jordan know this and have chosen to not let on their feelings on purpose. They probably don't fancy her distancing herself from them because of their unrequited sentiments - which, in truth, are through no fault of hers.

Her eyes are always shining pleasantly and with warmth for the people she cares for. Lately, he feels as if he has started to join that circle. Is she blissfully unaware of his attraction too? He has never made a move toward her. He talks to her as much as she wants though. He usually doesn't talk so much, but Sakura has the kind of approach that is disarming.

Its as if she is a harmless deer..

At times, she looks so fragile and breakable - though she is actually quite strong - she makes you want to look out for her. She usually somehow ends up being the one looking after you though - if you have managed to get on her good side.

Its like the woman does not know darkness..

It is probably untrue, because who has not seen bad days? She just has a better grip on handling them and moving on. Still, she seems to have a solid wall of friends who will catch her if she falls, just as he now knows she will do for them.

Ino has been promoted and they are having a party. He supposes the blonde girl has started to think of him as a friend too, a part of their diverse group, because she has invited him. They are just going to a club. Sakura is dressed less conservatively than he has seen before and though he has found her to be attractive each time, she looks, dare he say it, sexy today.

Its comfortably cold outside and she is sitting beside him in the car, humming to one of his favorite songs. She is in a particularly good mood. He wants to reach over and kiss her, but he holds back. She is wearing a pair of torn jeans and a top that ends above her navel, showing her gold piercing there. It looks oddly good on her.

Inside the club, the music is raving and she is instantly caught in the energy of the club. He is content to grab a few drinks at the counter instead of joining the madly moving bodies on the floor where everyone else is. She is clearly not a very good dancer, but she is having a good time.

He thinks he has not seen her letting loose so much before and cannot suspect whether it is the alcohol or her general open personality. She is dancing with Drew and Jordan and Ino and her other friends. Again, its as if her world is limited there.

She catches his eye from the dance floor and urges him to come over. Dancing is really not his thing, so he declines. So, she joins him for a drink instead, obviously not wanting him to feel left out. Its sweet of her. Does she think about everyone this much? Of course she does. When does she ever demand anything for herself?

He ends up running into a friend from college and out of the corner of his eye, he sees her shaking her head. He knows she thinks she has had enough to drink for one night. Sakura plays with her phone for a bit, then gets up to get some fresh air. He thinks this may be good opportunity to spend some alone time with her, so he follows her out after a bit.

He finds Jordan has beat him to it and he is offering her the jacket she left inside. She smiles her same warm smile at him and he sees something visibly shift in Jordan's eyes. Its clear he has had a lot to drink, because he is now leaning in and her smile has vanished and she is leaning away.

Jordan gently holds her by the arm and asks for a kiss, but she declines. He feels the need to interfere now, but is beat once again, this time by Drew. Drew is also a little drunk, but regains enough sense to understand what is happening and physically pries Jordan away from her.

Drunk and hazy, Jordan lashes out with his words, accusing Drew of liking her and pretending otherwise. They get into a word battle. Meanwhile, Sakura, he notices, has moved away to stand beside him, her brows drawn together.

When he gets a look at her face, he wishes the other two idiots could too. She looks distraught. Punched in the gut. And then her palm covers her mouth because the two friends have punched each other over her. Friends who she now knows want more from her. Suddenly, her uncomplicated world has become complex.

Her eyes then turn to him, imploring him to stop them, then abruptly, she looks away, because she knows he can see her emotional turmoil. He realizes then, that it doesn't matter if it is neither her fault nor her intention to do so, she has ended up hurting two people she deeply cares about. And that is probably why she looks so distraught.

Soon, all their friends have also come out, but he has already broken the fight before it could escalate. Sakura says nothing though, standing quietly by the side and it is clear as day on her face that she blames herself for it to happen in the first place. She is standing beside him again and he feels the need to comfort her as much as he feels that her friends need the same comfort.

The others are confused as to what has happened here. He does not point it out and neither does anyone else. When Jordan and Drew finally find the courage to look at her, their faces are wracked with guilt. She finally knows. But its her expression that is most unnerving. She is looking at Jordan with a look of someone betrayed, saying with her eyes, how could you?

He does not see how she can blame him for something he has no control over - except perhaps trying to kiss her. She fixes Drew with a sad look and then she whispers, God, I'm so stupid, to herself. Or maybe her friends were just good at masking their feelings from her. But she clearly still thinks she should have seen it or something along the lines.

She also believes it to be her fault that two people who have been friend for years ended up having a - given, it was minor - fight. Because she is now apologizing to them and he can see she means it. It is not an apology that implies a goodbye much to his relief - he thinks they are good guys - but a genuine one.

She is apologizing because they like her? Or because she thinks its somehow her fault the like her..

Realization dawns on him that she has lost a friend to unrequited feelings before. It also explains her reaction.

Everything is quieter now and the rest of their friends have gone inside, still unaware of what happened here, but having lost interest - or patience. The four of them are still standing outside. Eventually, Drew and Jordan make up and return inside, throwing a worried glance her way. He somehow knows that she won't just leave them. Perhaps they will soon realize that too.

Now, its just the two of them. She softly apologizes as well as thanks him. Though her smile is genuine, he can see the heaviness has not fully evaporated from her chest. She voices her concern for her two friends instead of saying how it affects her. She is right in doing so, because honestly, more than her, it is them who must be hurting - perhaps longer than she realizes.

He once again notes how she is always watching out for her loved ones before herself.

It truly is not her fault that this happened. It is no one's. But a person, just by existing, ends up hurting other people many times. What's done is done though, he thinks with a sigh. Its probably for the best, because they can move on now.

As for him, he thinks he needs to wait and allow her some time, but then, something on her face shifts and she looks up. Seconds later, a motorcycle pulls up a little ahead of them and a man gets off it. Sakura is moving toward him already and just as he removes the helmet and places it on the tank of the beast, her body crashes into his.

He feels as if he is holding his breath. The man's arms come around her too and he breathes out. He is her boyfriend.

He looks confused because she still hasn't let go, though his arms remain around her because he clearly understands she is asking for comfort.

"Sasuke, you are here," she mumbles into his chest as if that very fact breathes relief into her body. The man - Sasuke - assures her of it, now looking worried for his girlfriend. She parts from him and look up at his - Sasuke's - face.

And then he sees it, as clear as looking through transparent glass.

She loves him. He would think that this is a recent relationship, but the way she looks at him, he knows he's wrong. That look and wordless communication is one that develops over a long period of knowing and understanding each other - he knows because he's seen it before with his parents.

He realizes that he is the person who looks out for Sakura when she is busy looking out for others. He is the man she allows herself to be selfish with. He is the man she does not hesitate to to take from. No, her little world isn't being between her friends- though they clearly matter a lot to her - her world is this man.

Yes, she is a very strong woman, but she will allow herself to be openly weak before him. She will let herself become vulnerable like she has now. Instantly he knows that this is Sakura's one. And looking at him now, no one stood a chance. Its only fair, he thinks, a strikingly handsome man for a unique woman such as herself.

And Sakura is clearly not offering more of herself than she could receive, because it is, again, obvious he is offering all of himself back. His eyes are soft and understanding and he gets the feeling that Sasuke knows exactly why she needed the comfort. He is a lucky guy indeed, knowing how precious she is and how easy it would be to fall for her - Sasuke would definitely know that - and being safe in the knowledge that she sees only him in that special way.

But perhaps they go way beyond his understanding because the something that is there between them is deafeningly, blindingly apparent - especially when he asks him to kiss her and he does just that, placing his lips upon hers just right.

He shouldn't be watching this anymore, he thinks and averts his eyes. Its half a second before their friends are out the door. Ino is the first t greet Sasuke - of course she knows him - followed by the others and eventually, Drew and Jordan step forward too, sharing a short hug with him. He suddenly understands why Sakura had the look of betrayal on her face when looking at Jordan.

He knows Sasuke. Which means, he knows about Sasuke too, yet he still tried to kiss her. There's an awkward lingering moment between Jordan, Drew and Sakura and Sasuke catches the by-play but doesn't comment on it, choosing to put a soft arm around her shoulder instead - no, its not to make his claim, but to offer silent comfort. He was right, the man has guessed just what happened.

Drew and Jordan continue to look guilty when they glance at her and even at Sasuke. But her eyes are already softening and he knows she will let it go in a matter of time. They are not acquaintances, they are friends. Precious friends. That has to count.

As for him, he wants to remain friends - she obviously considers him one - and watching her and Sasuke is proof enough for him that whatever his feelings may be, she's found her world a long time ago. So, he will do the next best thing and move on.

He hears a throat clearing. Ino has come to stand beside him. She smiles kindly at him - for all her directness, she is actually very nice - and tells him that those two have been together for seven years and counting. He is surprised, not only at the news, but that Ino knows that he has feelings for their mutual friend.

He doesn't get the time to dwell on it though, for Sakura beckons him over and introduces him and Sasuke. If the man has guessed him out too, he shows none of it, greeting him with the same politeness as he did her other friends.

"Hey, Uchiha!" Ino demands from among the crowd. "Why aren't you marrying her?"

There is an affectionate look in her eyes though, that tells him she already has her answer.

"Marriage schmarriage!" laughs Sakura. "We're fine like this, aren't we, Sasuke?"

He rubs the back of his head and shrugs. "I gave up asking after two years."

Hugs are exchanged between Sakura and everyone - even Drew and Jordan - and she bids them all a good night. Soon, he is following everyone back inside.

Sakura turns and once more buries herself in Sasuke's chest and then she plants a kiss on his ear. Then, she is taking the smaller helmet and putting it on, mimicking Sasuke's movements. Next thing, she drapes a leg over the seat and comfortably settles into the rider's seat. Sasuke smirks and settles behind her. As she puts the gloves on, he zips her jacket up fully.

Her hand reaches out to grasp his firmly and she presses her lips to it before letting go. Then one of her palms wraps around the accelerator, the other grabs the clutch and her foot lands on the gear. Sasuke leans forward from the elevated seat and wraps his arms around her stomach, ready to go wherever she wants to take him.

They look good together is his last thought before the motorcycle roars off and simultaneously, Tenten, his college friend calls him excitedly.

"Lee! What are you doing there! Come on over! There is someone I want you to meet!"

He finds himself grinning for no apparent reason as he goes to accompany her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave me comments guys. Tell me how you feel about this story. I'll get to the editing later.

See you with a new short story next time!

Love you all, my dear, dear readers :D

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

725 32 1
Sasuke has no interest in spending his hard-earned free time watching idols. Well, until his curiosity got the best of him, and everything just happe...
620K 12.1K 24
Long Naruto oneshots that'll make you blush harder than Kakashi. Written when I was a cringey freshman! Enjoy.
60.9K 1.2K 25
The follow up of Book 2, Sasuke and Sakura find themselves facing an enemy stronger then they could have imagined. Once everything is all set and don...