Tangled in Love {One Directio...

By winterskies_

{COMPLETED} What happens when your best friend happens to be in a record-breaking boyband, one of the most su... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note.

Chapter 7

4.8K 96 37
By winterskies_

I've passed 200 reads, wooo, thankyou guys :D

Which means the next chapter will come SOONER, like tomorrow or something :D

And I'm so sorry I took a while to update, lots of things have been going on...

And this chapter might be a little shit lol, so please don't mind ;)

Enjoy,

SM xx

__________________

Zayn's POV

Our week off had literally flown by.

At home, there were so many things to do, so many people to visit and such little time. You do really forget to think of things when you're with family. Before I even got a chance to think, I was sitting in a car being driven to London.

And now I had four whole hours to think about her.

Don't even ask why I thought about her so much. This was starting to annoy me too. Why was I even stuck on her? I could pretty much have any girl I wanted, so many pretty girls wanted me, but no, only one girl occupied my mind. 

On the way back to London, I'd purposely gotten the driver to stop at that specific service station. Where I met her. I knew it was a wistful wish which would never come true, but I wanted to see her again. I knew deep down that she wouldn't be there, but it was worth a try.

I walked into the station, at the exact same time as before, sat at the exact same booth in the exact same outfit, hoping that I'd get to see her again.

But luck wasn't on my side, and she wasn't there. Obviously.

I don't even know why I expected her to come. But a little part of me still had this funny thing we call hope , and I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

After the restless four hour journey, I walked into the apartment I'd be sharing with the boys for the next few weeks absent-mindedly, lost in thought. I noticed that the lights were on, which I found odd, but I didn't give it too much thought at that time.

 I dumped my bags in the corner, and plopped down onto the couch, sighing. I got lost in my sea of thoughts, which I tended to do a lot. You could say that I was an over-thinker.  

"Earth to Zayn Malik,"

A familiar voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Liam, sitting right next to me on the couch, giving me his famous million dollar smile.

"Hey Liam, didn't realize you were here," I said, smiling back at him. 

"I've been sitting next to you for the past five minutes Zayn, how come you didn't notice?" asked Liam, his face showing concern.

"Was just thinking," I replied, half-heartedly. "I think I'll go unpack now," I added, standing up.

Liam grabbed my arm before I could go.

"Zayn, something's up...tell me, now."

I sighed. Why was the boy so good at reading faces?

"It's nothing Liam, and whatever it is, it's stupid," I looked at him, biting my bottom lip.

If I told Liam, he'd think I was crazy, which I guess I was.

"I'm sure it's not stupid, if it's been on your mind..." said Liam practically. 

"You're not going to shut up till I tell you, are you?" I said, smiling.

Liam shook his head, "Nope, I'm going to pester you till you tell me," he smirked.

I sat down next to him again, "Okay here goes, I bet you're going to laugh at me though..." 

"I promise not to." smiled Liam. 

"Right so I met this girl..." I started uneasily.

"Ooh, a girl," he smirked.

"Oh shut up," I laughed, "let me continue,"

"Okay," he said, looking at me and motioning for me to go on.

"So I met her at a service station," I continued.

"How romantic," Liam grinned.

"Liam!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry sorry, go on," he said apologetically, 

"We kind of bumped into each other, and when I looked up at her...I don't know man. She was beautiful. We barely said two words to each other, then we went our separate ways," I said, fiddling aound with my hands.

"What, that's it?" he said, probably expecting more.

"Yeah," I said, biting my lip.

"Erm..." said Liam, scratching the back of his head.

"Liam, I like her," I said, looking down.

"You saw her for, what, two seconds, and you like her?" he raised his eyebrow.

"Told you it was crazy," I sighed.

Liam leaned back against the couch, thinking. 

"Wow, I don't know what to say..." Liam said finally. 

"I know, I'm such a -" I started, but Liam cut me off.

"Shut up Zayn, you're not," said Liam, "stop being so hard on yourself."

 There were a few moments of silence.

"So, you really like this girl then?" he asked, looking at me intently.

I nodded.

"And you don't know her name or anything about her?"

I nodded again.

"And you want to find her?"

"Liam, what do you think?" I said sarcastically.

We sat in silence for the next few minutes, a thoughtfful expression on Liam's face.

"Okay, I have a plan, it's crazy and spontaneous and might not work..."

He told me his insane plan. It was worse than I expected. Management would most probably kill us for doing something like this.

But I agreed. Anything that would help me find this mystery girl was worth a try.

And hey, what's life without a risk? 

Liam's POV

"Hey guys, I'm hungry!" exclaimed Niall, as he walked in with all of his bags.

There was never a moment when Niall wasn't hungry. They don't exaggerate in the interviews, you know.

Zayn and I looked up from our intense Wii tennis battle, remotes in hand.

Don't tell anyone, but we played without fastening the safety strap around our wrists.

We're such rebels. 

"Hey Niall," I said, laughing.

"Sup Nialler," smiled Zayn.

Ah, Zayn. I felt sorry for him. He didn't deserve the whole dilemma he was going through. He was never this quiet before, yeah he thought a lot, but never this much. It wasn't nice seeing him like this, being his best friend and all.

So I decided to propose my plan to him. It was crazy and not guaranteed to work, but he'd agreed to it.

If only I knew how to carry it out...

"Where're Lou and Harry?" asked Niall, jumping onto the beanbag opposite the couch.

I shrugged, "Dunno about Lou, but Harry said he'd get here by late tonight, something came up for him," I said.

"YES I WON! THANKS NIALLER, YOU'RE THE BEST!" shouted Zayn.

Dang, I forgot about the game. 

Niall chuckled, "Any time, man, any time. If you ever need me to distract Liam, you know where to find me," he winked.

"Not fair," I pouted.

Zayn put his arm around me. "Aw Liam, it's okay, you were going to lose anyway," he said, putting on an accent.

Niall raised an eyebrow, "Hey Zayn, hands off Liam," he threatened, bantering around.

I laughed, putting down my remote and sitting down. I guess now was the time to tell the boys.

I don't know what I was waiting for. I had to tell the guys eventually, I couldn't keep it a secret forever. But I was...nervous. But they were my best friends, right? After fighting with myself for a while, I finally decided to tell them.

"Guys..." I started. They both looked up at me.

"Yes?" they responded in unison.

"I need to tell you something..." I said anxiously.

"I knew it, you're gay aren't ya?" said Niall, smirking. 

Zayn laughed, "I had a slight hunch about that one too." he said, chuckling softly.

I laughed, feeling more at ease. "No guys, I'm not gay or I wouldn't be going on a date..." I said, trailing off.

Niall's eyes went wide. Zayn's mouth formed a perfect 'O'.

"No way!"

"Seriously?!"

"After three years?"

"You're not kidding right?"

"Guys, guys, easy on the questions," I said, biting my lip, I'd picked that little habit up from Zayn. I took a deep breath, "Yes way, yes I'm serious, yes, after three years and no, I'm not kidding." I said, looking down.

"Who's the girl?" asked Niall.

"I don't know," I replied, shrugging.

Zayn smirked. "Stop making fun of me, dude"

"What?" asked Niall, confused by Zayn's reference. 

"I'll tell you later, this is more important," said Zayn, looking at me. "Now tell us how this dating strike of yours ended..."

Three years ago, before I auditioned for the X-Factor, I fell in love with a girl called Amelia.

She was beautiful, she was smart and she was just simple amazing. I was convinced that we would be together forever. It was impossible, foolish thinking on my part. It was my fault for planning out everything ahead. 

She left me after six months of being together, because she thought I was 'too clingy'. Her breaking up with me tore me apart. I lost all faith in love, and I promised myself I'd never fall for anyone again.

This isn't something you don't read on all the websites or find in the magazines, is it?

Then when I went home for our break a week ago, my sister was determined to find a girl for me. Ruth always thought she was some sort of matchmaker. She set me up on a blind date with one of her friends I'd never met before. She told me to give it a shot, and she said that if I didn't like the girl, I didn't have to go on a second date with her.

I hesitated at first, but she convinced me. A part of me wanted to, but a part of me was scared too. The only reason I said yes to this date was to shut her up really.

And now I had no idea what was in store for me.

"So yeah, that's why I have a date tomorrow night," I finished.

"Atleast one of us has a love life," muttered Zayn sighing. 

"It's a blind date, not really a 'love life', " I said matter-of-factedly.

"Well, atleast it's something," said Zayn, smiling slightly.

"Don't worry Zayn, just hope my plan works," I winked.

"You guys confuse me, I'm going to look for something to eat," shrugged Niall and went inside.

Zayn and I laughed at Niall's antics. Zayn looks at me with a look of assurance, as if he was silently telling me that nothing was going to go wrong.

Maybe tomorrow wouldn't be so bad after all.

____________________

Time for the entrance of Liam's love interest...ooh.

Haha, vote/comment/fan :)

______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 1.8K 64
Aiden Romand is a seventeen years old teenager who worn to have everything in her life, from an unduly perfect family to a well-nigh ideal childhood...
644K 23.4K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
34.2K 857 37
Elizabeth Sandulf is a normal girl until her eighteenth birthday, things change and she becomes a wolf and Alpha within a day. Then she meets her mat...
50.2K 1.5K 11
❝ I let myself believe he still loves me even when he is in love deeply with someone else ❞