fire flower; leopold vermilli...

jibblies

"I know you think nothing of me, I know you probably want to send me back to the boonies, so why?! Why do you... Еще

Author's Note
COVER CREDS
Chapter 1: Encounter
Chapter 2: Mission
Chapter 3: The Dungeon
Chapter 4: Mayhem
Chapter 5: Injury
Chapter 6: Return
Chapter 7: The Black Market
Chapter 8: Vorla Cafe
Chapter 9: Thanks
Chapter 10: Tears
Chapter 11: Invitation
Chapter 12: The Crimson Ball
Chapter 13: Captive
Chapter 14: Burn
Chapter 15: Infirmary
Chapter 17: Second Chance
Chapter 18: The Stars
Chapter 19: Departure
Chapter 20: Companion
Chapter 21: Face To Face
Chapter 22: Open Water
Chapter 23: The Maze
Chapter 24: Tournament
Chapter 25: Sunshine
Chapter 26: Candidate
Chapter 27: The Test
Chapter 28: Deception
Chapter 29: Ambush
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Plan
Chapter 32: Infiltration
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Trial
Chapter 35: Imitation
Chapter 36: The Wolf
Chapter 37: Revolution
Chapter 38: Flight
Chapter 39: Glass
Chapter 40: Sea
Chapter 41: Chalice
Chapter 42: Breaking Point
Chapter 43: Unveiled
Chapter 44: Promise
Chapter 45: Nova
Chapter 46: Fortress
Chapter 47: Hope
Epilogue
Fire Flower Logs [#1]
Fire Flower Logs [#2]

Chapter 16: Apology

3.4K 137 19
jibblies

Right before Mari's second entry under Day Seven, Infirmary:

I lie on my cot underneath the filtered, tinted light of the infirmary. Today has been nice and quiet; four days from when Leopold tried to burst in here, his vermilion hair sticking out in the scuffle. What was he thinking?! Moron... You can't just barge into the infirmary, even if you're Captain Fuegoleon's brother. But what bothers me the most was the way he shouted "I need to see her!" Something in his voice reeked of concern and apologies; it made my stomach fluttery.

I rub my eyes, the coldness of my palms knocking some sense into me. Whatever. I don't care about him. He doesn't even like me as a friend. He was willing to bargain my feelings for some fake treasure! Pride and his own skin are all that matter to him.

Blinking out the fuzzy spots in my eyes, I stare at the ceiling. I don't have the luxury to daydream about him. I need to get back in shape, and I need those stars!

I rub my eyes again, hoping I'll feel more awake. When I lower my hands, I'm met with a dreaded shade of vermilion peeking out on the right side of my cot.

"Leopold, what are you doing?" I say with an exasperated sigh. But my heart twists and my stomach pulls itself in awkward directions as I lean to the side to get a better look at him..

"Shh." He puts his finger to his lips. "The healing wizards can't find out I'm here."

"You can't just sneak into the infirmary! You're disturbing the other patients!" I protest.

He looks around and turns back to me. "Seems like they're all asleep, so it shouldn't be a big deal." He flashes a toothy grin, and my heartbeat quickens just the tiniest bit.

"Look," he continues, "I just wanted to make sure you were fine. Those wounds were pretty bad." His face twists a little, but then it's gone, and he keeps on talking. "I'm sure you want to know what happened, right?"

He's got me there. I nod my head, but tentatively. I get the feeling that Leopold didn't just frolic in and ask the Moon Shade organization to kindly turn themselves in.

"I captured them. I took out their base and all of their members." He looks down at his hands, and I see that his fingers are trembling. "Mari... what they did to you..."

"It's fine. It's my fault for falling for such a simple trap. I'm glad that you got me out," I say, a smile flitting across my face.

"No!" His voice reverberates through the infirmary. I shoot him a look and he mumbles something like an apology. "No... it shouldn't have happened. I called you out there, I left you vulnerable, it's my fault."

I'm about to respond when I hear the thundering footsteps of the healing wizards. Leopold curses under his breath and leaps to his feet. What an idiot, couldn't even keep quiet for five minutes.

Then, it happens in a split second. He takes my head with his hands and gives me a kiss right on the forehead.

"An apology," he mumbles, his face turning as red as mine, before he races off sprints out of the infirmary door.

The angry ramblings of the healing wizards are drowned out by the beating in my heart as I hesitantly touch my forehead. I can still feel his kiss on my skin, still feel the gentle hold of his hands.

Confusion and shock threaten to overspill, so I frantically grab my journal and scribble what I can down. It's just an apology, Mari. But why would he do something like that as an apology?! It doesn't make sense! Stupid Leopold! Why did you have to do that?!

Yet through it all, I raise my hand to my forehead one more time, and I smile.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3.9K 172 30
War is coming, Queen Grinberryalls relations with The Wizard King and the other kingdoms is starting to fall apart at around the time when a delinque...
1.9K 34 14
↳ ❝ 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙮𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙮 '𝘾𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮'...
854K 28.8K 56
SATUS: COMPLETED (✔) (Y/n), Yuno and Asta aim to become the Magic Emperor, but in this world magic means everything. (Y/n) learns the true meaning th...
2.2K 195 27
Book 1 to "Klaus & Yuno's Danger-filled Romance" Series: Yuno has been in the Magic Knights squad, The Golden Dawn, for half a year. So far he has go...