Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. β™‘ Valentine β™‘
50. β™‘ Valentine pt 2 β™‘
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

3. Skylar & Braheim

33K 1.9K 5.5K
By garicksons

I promise my characters will develop. I promise!!

Adonis»

We went behind the building and sat in the parking lot. Wishing it was just her and I.

"What're you guys doing after this?"

"It's 7, I'm probably going home." I told her.

"I'm probably gonna chill with my girl." Eden shrugged. I looked at Farrah, who seemed disappointed.

"Home at 7 on a weekend Adonis? Come on." She asked me.

"I don't really go anywhere."

"He doesn't get invited anywhere, that's why. You should invite him out..I'm gonna go back in and find Mom." Eden said standing up and heading to the door, winking at me and mouthing you got this before entering the building.

"Maybe I should invite you out..It's gonna be a pretty boring night since Melanie left with those guys."

No. No. No. How the fuck do I say absolutely not without sounding rude?

"Uh.."

"You don't have to Adonis, I can take rejection." She said laughing.

"I um..I don't think my mom would let me. She doesn't let me do much."

That's the truth. Even when I was younger, and I'd get invited to birthday parties I couldn't go. She always said they'd 'be too much for me' so I've never gotten used to things like that.

"I get that." She said shrugging. There was a moment of silence before she began speaking again.

"You know, this is the most you've ever acknowledged me..like ever."

"I don't like talking."

"I can tell. Any reason why?"

Aspergers. I wanted to say. When I was eleven and we got the diagnosis, Aspergers was introduced as something that would hinder me socially, or something that would make me different. My mother begged the doctor for answers as to why I didn't talk, but the doctor insisted— it was just me.

I was told not to blame my quietness on Aspergers, or the traumatic events of my childhood. One of those, I still do. It can't be "just me".

Even still, rather than explaining all of that it would be so much easier to just say Aspergers. But I couldn't say that to Farrah, she wouldn't get it. Maybe that or..I'm embarrassed.

"I don't know, I just am."

Stupid and immature answer. But it was easy.

"Oh. I can tell you're kind of tired, and the program is almost over..we should get back inside. Can we exchange numbers?"

"Uh yeah, I guess so."

I wish I had the courage to ask her, why do you want to talk to me? Instead I kept quiet. She handed me her phone, put my number in it, then gave it back to her. I almost smiled, but didn't. There has to be a reason she's doing this.

"If I text you, you better respond. Promise?"

"I promise."

Farrah»

Finally my mom and I were leaving.

"Where's Melanie?"

"Ugh, she left with some guy." I told her.

I couldn't stop thinking about my brief conversation with Adonis. He's odd, but I enjoyed talking to him for some reason.

As for Eden, he has a girlfriend. For now. But I have a spot in line, but I have to form some type of friendship to up my chances. The way I could do that would be through his brother of course, I could tell I'd made him uncomfortable, but it's only a matter of time until Adonis and I are friends. I'm sure of it. That thing about his mom letting him do shit annoyed me. Maybe if he was allowed to hang around more people he wouldn't be..the way he is.

But helping Adonis wasn't my main goal, more like a side project. Just something to do in my efforts to get Eden.

"She left with just some guy, huh? That sucks."

"Yeah. And if we're being honest, I'm kind of glad. I saw a guy from school-"

"Oooh a guy? An interesting guy?"

"Well...there's two guys. One of them I'm interested in..the other..well he's certainly interesting. Not in the way you're thinking."

"He's weird?" My mom asked.

"Lil bit. But he's cool. I'm more interested in his brother, I figured I can be friends with Adonis..and that'll get me closer to Eden."

"Oh god Eden again? I thought you got over him last year Farrah.."

"I know Mom! He's just so..ugh! Him!"

"You're obsessed, and you better not take advantage of his brother just to date someone who's probably no good for you anyway."

"Okay mom.." I said not caring to hear her negativity.

When we got home, my mom dropped me off and went down to the restaurant to work for the rest of the night. Meanwhile Braheim was nowhere to be found.

"Heim!" I yelled to him. No answer.

I went upstairs to his room, the door was closed but I could hear noise on the inside.

"Braheim— oh my.." As soon as I opened the door I regretted it. Skylar was on her knees in front of him, his pants around his ankles.                    

Skylar didn't notice me walk in, so she continued with her task, as Braheim quickly shooed me away.

I left with the quickness and closed his door.

Gross. How could she do that? One of my best friends..fucking with my brother. And to top it off, they were keeping it a secret. The shit pissed me off.

I went up to my room and slammed my door, the moment I sat on my bed I texted Melanie.

|Me: |
Skylar is fucking Braheim. Can't believe this shit

|Mel: |
Lol ik 💀 awkkkk

|Me: |
You knew? Were neither of y'all gonna bother to tell me?

|Mel: |
Why ya so mad about it Farrah? 😬 ya need some dick or sum?

I was so annoyed with her. I threw my phone down and laid back in my bed.

Does no one think this is crazy but me?

Adonis»

As we all rode in the car on the way home, Noel sung loudly to the radio.

"Mommy!!" She complained, due to my mom turning off the radio.

"You were too loud. Inside voice ok?"

"Ok..."

"So...Did you have a nice time Don?" My Mom asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah..."

"Did you like talking to your girlfriend Don Don?" Noel said giggling.

"Mhm." I said, not bothering to argue. That'd be crazy. I'd already come to accept that I'd never really have a girlfriend...but if I did it definitely wouldn't someone like Farrah. Pretty, popular, a ton of guys want her. Never in a million years.

"Adonis, you didn't tell me she was your girlfriend! I'm so proud! She's a very nice..beautiful young lady."

"That's not his girlfriend Mom. Come on." Eden said laughing.

I rolled my eyes to myself.

"But they're friends right, she's your friend?"

"If Adonis had friends don't you think we wouldn't have to take him to programs like this?"

"Shut the fuck up Eden!" I lashed out at him.

"Adonis!" My mother yelled.

"Don you can't say that.." Noel whispered.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"You know Mom, if that was me cussing like that you'd kill me. But I get it, you treat him special."

"Eden hush. We're not talking about that right now..."

"No. Tell me why you don't treat Adonis like you treat me? Why are we different?"

I put my hand over my ears, this wasn't the first time they had this argument and my mom always made me cover my ears. I've been doing it sense I was a kid, but the older I get the more stupid I feel.

Of course.

We pulled up to the house and the argument was over. Eden stormed out the car, immediately getting into his and pulling out of the garage.

My mother sighed and looked at me.

"Me and Noel are spending the night at NeNe's, I'm sure you don't want to go. Do you?"

"No ma'am."

"Don't do anything dirty in my house while we're gone." She added.

"Alright, Mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 2.2K 21
(n.) the phobia of losing someone you love . FEBRUARY 2021 1K APRIL 25, 2021 5K JUNE 7, 2021 10K JULY 26, 2021
408K 16.8K 51
Theo couldn't leave her alone and young love can be a dangerous thing. Story is mainly told from a boys perspective! small age gap
1.4K 66 18
π•€π•–π•£π•–π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•ͺ: the absence of mental stress / anxiety ᢠⁱⁿᡈ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜Κ³ α΅–α΅‰α΅ƒαΆœα΅‰ | α΅–α΅˜α΅— ΚΈα΅’α΅˜Κ³ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 ᡃᡗ 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 α₯«α­‘ additional details inside . . ...
Dysmorphia By rahma

Teen Fiction

226K 11.1K 48
"Possibly one of the best books I have ever read." "This is the best book I've read on Wattpad. I'm not lying." "This was the most beautifully writte...