BATGIRL Book One: New Hero of...

Da indiaherring

Barbara Gordon starts out in college in Burnside, Gotham while her father is on police patrol. She meets new... Altro

Prologue: Just Being Myself
Chapter 1: Batman
Chapter 2: College Day!
Chapter 3: Another Night, Another Day
Chapter 4: A Very Bad Tragedy
Chapter 5: Justice
Chapter 6: Batman and Robin
Chapter 7: Barbara And Dick
Chapter 8: Catwoman
Chapter 9: Robin and Batgirl VS Catwoman
Chapter 10: Gotham Fairgrounds
Chapter 11: "Livewire"
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday, Barbara!
Chapter 13: Happy Unbirthday, Barbara.
Chapter 15: Gotham Library
Chapter 16: Top Secret
Chapter 17: Investigation
Chapter 18: Something's Wrong
Chapter 19: Learn To Play Your Role
Chapter 20: Taking Back What's Yours
Chapter 21: Help Me Find A Cure

Chapter 14: A Weird Encounter

48 2 10
Da indiaherring

(Barbara was in the hospital bed watching TV until a knock came at the door.)

Barbara: "Come in." (Then the door was opening up and Jim came in.)

Jim: "Hey, sweetheart. I just came to see how you were doing."

Barbara: "Oh, hey dad. I'm okay."

Jim: "Are you sure? You don't want anything to eat, do you?"

Barbara: "Nah, the nurses already gave me food. I'm good, dad. You don't have to worry about me."

Jim: "I know, I know. I'm just infuriated that I wasn't there when you needed me."

Barbara: "Dad. It's fine and Nightwing came and rescued me. If he wasn't there, I wouldn't have made it sooner or later."

Jim: "Yeah, but I'm thankful that he did that. If he was here, I would've thanked him a million times just for saving your life and speaking of...I got more cases to go on." (Barbara looked at the clock.)

Barbara: "Yeah, it's now 9:50. Don't want to keep the Batman and his team waiting."

Jim: "You're right, but are you going to be okay in here?"

Barbara: "I'll be fine, dad. Nothing bad is going to happen to me." (Barbara touched Jim's hands and he held hers.)

Jim: "I love you, Babs."

Barbara: "I love you, too." (Jim smiled and got up.)

Jim: "Just try to get some rest, okay? I'll return within a few hours to come stay with you."

Barbara: "Well, you really don't have to. I have the nurses here to keep me company."

Jim: "Okay, but I'm still coming check on you. Don't stay up too late and know that I'll be here if you need me." (He kissed her forehead and Barbara smiled.)

Barbara: "Don't worry. I still have courage and pride in myself." (Jim chuckled.)

Jim: "Just like your mother." (He walked out of the door and closed it gently. Minutes later, a nurse came in and fluffed her two pillows.)

Nurse: "There we go. Two pillows fluffed and a nice warm blanket with a heat pack to keep you warm."

Barbara: "Thanks, Nurse Charlotte."

Charlotte: "Anytime. Is there anything else you want before I leave?"

Barbara: "No, I'm good. You're too kind."

Charlotte: "Hey, not every child patient is like you. If I ever had a child that was really kind and gentle, I think I prefer it to be just like you."

Barbara: "Wow, thank you, Nurse Charlotte. I actually feel better when you said that."

Charlotte: "Good. I'm glad I can make you happy. Now, rest. You're going to need it." (She winked at her and closed the door. Barbara smiled as she looked out the window toward the stars. Ten o' clock, she was out like a light. It was quiet and peaceful until someone whispered a strange language.)

**Mysterious Voice: "Retne reh dnim." (Suddenly, Barbara's mind went into a dream state. She woke up and noticed that she was Batgirl as she looked at her yellow gloved hands.)

**Batgirl: (Thoughts) "What the hell is this? Am I still in the hospital? What is going on?" (She was looking around and there was nothing, but blackness.)

**Mysterious Voice: "Look forward." (Batgirl jumped as she heard the voice and was about to take out her batarang, but she stopped and instead looked forward. There was a silhouette within 10 feet distance. Batgirl squinted and tried to look carefully at the silhouetted figure, but it was too dark. Batgirl felt a little spooked by this.)

**Batgirl: "Okay, whoever you are strange shadow is really creeping me out. Am I in a horror movie right now because this is what it must feel like and I am really scared. So, can you stop being a stalker and approach the light, please?" (The silhouette grabbed something from its side and Batgirl was curious what it was. She heard a sword that's coming out of a sheathe.)

**Batgirl: "Okay, look. I don't want any trouble, so maybe I better go or that is if I can find a way out of here." (The silhouette zoomed with speed towards Batgirl and Batgirl got prepared with a batarang. Both had their weapons at each other's neck.)

**Batgirl: "Whoa, whoa! Easy, what are you trying to do? Kill me in my very own sleep? I'm sorry for calling you a stalker, okay? Are we cool, now? We cool, right?" (The way the silhouetted figure looked was terrifying like it was a ghost.)

**Mysterious Figure: "You're pretty fast. I'll give you that, but don't think that I won't let you survive."

**Batgirl: "Whoa. I just said that I'm sorry. What more do you want from me?" (The voice echoed, but a little louder this time.)

**Mysterious Voice: (Echoes) "Both of you stand down. No need to fight here."

**Batgirl: "Okay, then. How about you show yourselves and stop hiding like little kids then?" (The silhouette puts the sword much closer to Batgirl's neck.)

**Batgirl: "Okay, okay." (There was a moment of silence and then the voice finally speaks up.)

**Mysterious Voice: "I'll be glad to. Laever flesym!" (The person was a woman and the one that was going to strike Batgirl was also a woman, but more fierce.)

**Batgirl: "Alright. Who are you guys?"

**Woman #1: "Right. I'm Zatanna the Mistress of magic and this is my partner Katana."

**Batgirl: "It's nice to meet you both. Now, what am I doing here?"

**Zatanna: "We are in a mind trance called the Dream State. It's where we as in we I mean us can talk privately in your own head. Like what we are doing now."

**Batgirl: "Right. Okay. So, you both are in my head right now?"

**Zatanna: "Exactly. I've heard about what happened to you. I'm sorry."

**Batgirl: "Hey, I was more shocked than you were. It was painful."

**Katana: "I can tell."

**Zatanna: "Katana. Rude." (Katana stayed quiet and stood next to Zatanna.)

**Batgirl: "So, what are you two here for?" (Zatanna and Katana both looked at each other.)

**Zatanna: "We're both here to give you a warning."

**Batgirl: "Okay and that is?"

**Zatanna: "The city is in danger and Batman and Robin might need your help. The Pact is planning something big, huge. They plan to spread a deadly virus across the city making everyone sick or worse. I found a lot sources that is contained within that virus. Chemical elements." (Zatanna's eyes were seriously intense when she said chemical elements. Batgirl was stunned when she heard that.)

**Batgirl: "Chemical elements, huh? That's sounds really terrible."

**Zatanna: "Which is why you need to support your friends before it's too late. So, you need to get out of bed, now."

**Batgirl: "Yeah...I can't get up that easily. Can't your magic do anything to take care of my legs?"

**Zatanna: "Not unless you want to have a pair of frog legs instead." (Batgirl was grossed out and held her hands out.)

**Batgirl: "No thanks. I'm good."

**Zatanna: "Then I guess you'll figure it out. If you want me to show you what sources that I found, I have a way for you to..."

**Batgirl: "Where do we meet?" (Zatanna's eyebrows shot up and then she smirked at her.)

**Zatanna: "So eager to stop the Pact, eh?"

**Batgirl: "Do you want me to come with you or not?" (She puts her hands on her hips.)

**Zatanna: "Alright, alright. The Gotham Library. That's where we will be at."

**Batgirl: "Great. I'll be there. So...how do I get out of here?" (She looked around the darkness and there was nothing around them, but darkness only three spotlights were shining upon all three of them.)

**Zatanna: "That's easy, but...it might pinch your temples a bit."

**Batgirl: "Why do I have a feeling that this spell might not end well?" (Batgirl crossed her arms in negativity.)

**Zatanna: "Trust me it won't kill you. Just be ready and it will be quick."

**Batgirl: "Okay, just get it over with." (She stood straight in a good posture.)

**Zatanna: "Very well." (She magically appeared a chalk cue cube in her gloved hand and sharpened the edge of her magic wand and Batgirl looked puzzled.)

**Batgirl: "Uhhh, isn't that what you use to play pool?"

**Zatanna: "Oh, shut up so I can concentrate on my magic spell to send you back."

**Batgirl: "Okay, sorry. Please continue." (Zatanna cleared her throat and flicked her wrist with the spell casted.)

**Zatanna: "Yraropmet tuokconk!" (A blue ray came out of her wand and hits Batgirl right in her face on impact.)

**Batgirl: (Echoes) "Ugh!" (She fell to the floor, knocked out and Zatanna blew at the end of her wand like it was a gun and puts it in her sleeve.)

**Katana: "That didn't look like a pinch, Zatanna."

**Zatanna: "Hey, I did warn her." (Katana looked away from Zatanna and stared straight ahead like okay, then.)

**Katana: "Yeah..." (Barbara heard the phone ring and her eyes were wide open. She noticed that she wasn't in her head anymore...as Batgirl anymore and she rubbed her forehead.)

Barbara: "Okay, Zatanna. You and I will have a talk when I see you. Gotta let Frankie know that I need to get suited up." (She picked up the phone and answered it.)

Barbara: "Hello?" (It was Dinah Lance speaking to the phone.)

Dinah: (COM) "Barbara, it's me, Dinah."

Barbara: "Oh, hey." (Her head was slowly sinking into the pillow.)

Dinah: (COM) "Hey. Listen, at my house the other day, I was about to tell you something, but you left too quickly."

Barbara: "Oh, you were? I'm sorry about that. By the way, thanks for the lava lamp. I appreciate that so much."

Dinah: (COM) "Yeah, you're the coolest friend I've ever had and I was like why don't I give her my lava lamp?"

Barbara: "And it was the greatest gift you gave me. Dinah Lance, lead singer of Ashes On Sunday gives me her very own lava lamp? I couldn't have asked for a better gift."

Dinah: (COM) "Well, that's the issue because I'm not a part of their group anymore." (Barbara was sad when she heard that Dinah wasn't a part of Ashes On Sunday anymore.)

Barbara: "What? What happened?"

Dinah: (COM) "My stupid manager wanted me to leave Burnside with my band just to go to Los Angeles to get drunk and party all night and I said no because I wanted to stay here. Then bad stuff happened and one of my band members almost got killed. I didn't want to use my power because I was too afraid that I was going to be called something mean and selfish, but I had to do it in order to save my partner and what was the result? Getting kicked out of the group."

Barbara: "Geez, Dinah. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry that you got kicked out of the group."

Dinah: (COM) "Ah, screw them. Let them have their fun." (Barbara shook her head in disagreement.)

Barbara: "No, Dinah. Don't let your singing career go down in the drain, just find a way to bring it back. Make them come back."

Dinah: (COM) "I tried and tried, but they won't listen to me."

Barbara: "Well, keep on trying and don't you dare give up."

Dinah: (COM) "Okay. You're right. I gotta go."

Barbara: "Have a good night, Dinah. Try not to stress yourself out. I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty of ideas going in your brain."

Dinah: (COM) "Okay, I will. Thanks, Babs. I'll come over to see you tomorrow morning."

Barbara: "You're welcome and I'm looking forward to that." (Dinah hanged up and grabbed her guitar to play some notes. Barbara hanged up and smiled.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "I know Dinah can bring her group back. She just have to reel them in with the sound of her voice. Now, to talk to Frankie into helping me out." (She went to her contacts and speed dialed Frankie's number. It was ringing and then she answered.)

Frankie: (COM) "Babs? What in the world are you doing calling this late?"

Barbara: "Frankie, I'm going to need your help."

Frankie: (COM) "What you need to do is get some sleep, girl. It's late and you need to rest." (Barbara rolled her eyes.)

Barbara: "Ugh, goddamn it, Frankie! This is really important like seriously important! Just listen for one time that's all I'm asking for here! Please for 5 seconds!" (Frankie sighed into the phone.)

Frankie: (COM) "Alright. I'm listening. What's up?"

Barbara: "Good. I need you to help me out of this bed and get me back in the field."

Frankie: (COM) "Are you insane, Babs? You want me to get you back out into the city?"

Barbara: "Please, Frankie. The city is in terrible danger and I need your assistance to help me out of this bed. Do you want to help or let Burnside die?"

Frankie: (COM) "Okay, but you owe some of cafeteria chocolate pudding." (Barbara chuckled and smiled.)

Barbara: "Okay. Deal. Come towards the Thomas and Martha Wayne's Memorial Hospital."

Frankie: (COM) "My friend is going to drop me off, so give me about 25 minutes?"

Barbara: "Okay. I'll wait." (Twenty-five minutes later, Frankie came and saw Barbara.)

Frankie: "Hey, so. Since you can't walk, in my spare time I created these decoy yellow boots into what you may call walker boots, but I call them 'battle walkers'. It can help you walk normally without causing any problems whatsoever. I tested them out on a mannequin, so you should be fine and dandy and no one will see any difference."

Barbara: "Nice!"

Frankie: "And by the way, it won't overheat or glitch out while you're fighting."

Barbara: "Sweetness!" (She zips up her leather purple jacket and puts on her yellow gloves.)

Frankie: "Okay, you're good to go. I better get going and head back to my home to wash my laundry. Go ahead and stand up."

Barbara: "Okay, then." (She hopped out of the bed and checked out the boots.)

Barbara: "Wow, I feel like my normal self again."

Frankie: "Except the decoy boots are helping you. Without them, you'll tumble down like cylinder blocks. You know, like the little kids play where they stack up all the blocks in a different angle to see if they will balance and if one person puts a block on the wrong corner, the entire tower comes tumbling down?" (Barbara was really clueless and didn't say a word.)

Frankie: "Nevermind. Good luck." (She went out the door and Ace and Barbara looked out the window and saw the moon.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "Alright, legs. Please don't fall me on this one." (She opened the window and someone was at the door. Barbara gasped as she tried to hurry out the window.)

Barbara: "Ace, go and hide under my bed sheets and wait till I come back." (Ace ran and jumped in the bed and hid under her sheets. The door opened quickly and it was Nurse Charlotte. She gasped when Barbara was going out the window and Barbara froze in fear.)

Barbara: "Nurse Charlotte? This isn't what it looks like, but..."

Charlotte: "No, don't worry. Your secret is safe with me and I won't tell anyone. Go." (Barbara was surprised and smiled as she jumped out of the window. Nurse Charlotte smiled as she closed the window until it was a little cracked open for air to circulate the entire room. She left as Ace went to the window and wagged his tail as he saw Barbara gliding across the city.)

(End of Chapter 14: A Weird Encounter)

What did you guys think of this chapter? Not what you were expecting, right and what did you think about Zatanna and Katana in the mix? Pretty cool, right? Can you guess what three spells Zatanna said in this chapter? Think of it like scramble where you have to find out what the word is if you can't figure it out, then I will give you the answers. The first spell she said was "Enter her mind." The second one was "Reveal myself" and the final spell she used was "Temporary knockout." All the spells she says will always be backwards. Isn't that incredible? So, I made up a couple  of spells, but did it backwards. What did you think? Cool or uncool? Now, it's shoutout time! Yay! HUGE shoutout to TheGalacticPanda once again for commenting and voting on my chapters. Thank you sooo much for doing that and I appreciate it! 😄😎👏👏👏 Thank you everyone else who has been voting and reading my chapters as well! You guys are incredible and yet I have more chapters to write! So, see ya and thanks! Next chapter coming your way soon! Peace! 😄😁😆😎💖💖💖👍👍👍✌

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

59.6K 1.5K 14
Barbara Gordon and her father, James Gordon, are ready to set off on a Winter vacation when her Dad jumps in front of her saving her from the impact...
746 32 15
Being the commissioner's daughter means being the target of many people. And the kids her age doesn't want to be involved with the police and crimina...
20.1K 880 30
The young 23 year old Bruce Wayne is back in action after all of the villains mysteriously appear back in Gotham, including the dangerous Joker. Afte...
11.2K 123 18
This story is about Marcas's first day back from holiday and when he came back he meets Babra, Diana, Kara, Jessica, Zatara and Karen. Thanks to his...