Høød ➵ Lord Of The Rings

By chocoIate

You've undoubtedly heard the tale of Robin Hood, but what if I was to tell you they got it all wrong? First o... More

Intrødüctiøn
➶ prøløgüe
† Chp. I †
† Chp. II †
† Chp. III †
† Chp. IV †
† Chp. V †
† Chp. VI †
† Chp. VII †
† Chp. VIII †
† Chp. IX †
† Chp. X †
† Chp. XI †
† Chp. XII †
† Chp. XIV †
† Chp. XV †
† Chp. XVI †
† Chp. XVII †
† Chp. XVIII †
† Chp. XIX †
† Chp. XX †
† Chp. XXI †
† Chp. XXII †
† Chp. XXIII †
† Chp. XXIV †
† Chp. XXV †
† Chp. XXVI †
† Chp. XXVII †
† Chp. XXVIII †
† Chp. XXIX †
† Chp. XXX †
† Chp. XXXI †
† Chp. XXXII †
† Chp. XXXIII †
† Chp. XXXIV †
† Chp. XXXV †
† Chp. XXXVI †
† Chp. XXXVII †
† Chp. XXXVIII †
† Chp. XXXIX †
† Chp. XL †
† Chp. XLI †
† Chp. XLII †
† Chp. XLIII †
† Chp. XLIV †
† Chp. XLV †
† Chp. XLVI †
† Chp. XLVII †
† Chp. XLVIII †
† Chp. XLIX †
† Chp. L †
† Chp. LI †
† Chp. LII †
† Chp. LIII †
† Chp. LIV †
epiløgüe ➴
suprise bitcheś
100k Special!

† Chp. XIII †

11.6K 479 283
By chocoIate

Chapter soundtrack: 'On Melancholy Hill' by Gorillaz.

† Chp. XIII †

___

The falling of Gandalf dampened everyones spirit, as expected, and there is nothing I can do to lighten the mood. Merry and Pippin no longer walk with a spring in their step, Gimli hasn't made a complaint, and Boromir hasn't dived into a deep speech about the ring within the time it has taken us to enter the woods of Lothlorien. It all feels wrong.

But on the positive side, I am no longer the only weak ass with a runny nose and teary eyes.

I sneeze, and Pippin doesn't even bless me as he walks by my side. Dammit Gandalf, why'd you have to fall into a chasm?

Legolas and I haven't spoken or even looked at each other, but I am starting to feel the guilt. He must've been worried that someone would get injured if they tried to save the wizard, but I could've made it. Well, atleast I think I could've made it. Things weren't really clear at the time.

"Stay close, young hobbits." Gimli whispers, well for a dwarf anyway, as he ushers Frodo and Sam forward. "They say a sorceress lives in these woods. An elf- witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell, and are never seen again."

"And who are 'they', the dwarves?" I remark, wiping my red nose as I walk up from behind. "Last time I checked, any elf is considered a witch in the eyes of a dwarf."

"Aye lassie, I guess you'll find out. I won't be the one going missing." The dwarf exclaims, and I raise an eyebrow as he continues. "Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!"

But with suddenty and extreme irony, Gimli finds himself face to face with the tip of an elven arrow.

"And the mouth of a trumpet." I add on, my hand hovering over the handle of my dagger. I look around to see that we are completely surrounded by elves, their arrows aimed towards our heads.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." One particular pointy ear states, as he weaves himself infront of his posse. Gimli growls in response.

"Watch it pretty boy." I retort, stepping forward with a sniff. "I'm the only one who insults the dwarf."

Captain of the pointy ears raises an eyebrow.

"Robin Hood." He pronounces with a slight tilt of his head. "Caught so easily. I had higher expectations."

I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms, taking a step forward while smirking at the obnoxious elf.

"And I had higher expectatio-"

"She's with us." Aragorn cuts me off, averting all attention to himself as he stops me from moving forward with the back of his hand. He then speaks a line in elvish, which is kind of annoying considering my curiosity always seems to eat me alive, but also kind of great since we are surronded by armed elves.

The expression on captain pointy ears is unfaltering, and this causes an awkward stir from the fellowship. I cough, my throat feeling as though I've swallowed a bloody chicken.

"Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back." Gimli suggests in a gruff tone.

"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood, you cannot go back." Captain pointy ears states, locking his gaze onto Frodo. "Come, she is waiting."

Let's just hope that we can get out of this without the help of Gandalf.

Exquisite would be an understatement. I knew elves were all about overly dramatic sceneries, but Lorien is like nothing I've ever seen.

Insanely large trees tower to create the illusion of a ceiling, their trunks modified into staircases which lead to elegantly crafted huts. A soft blue hue seems to illuminate our surrondings, yet I still feel unwelcome. Well, that would probably be because I am unwelcome.

The whole place is like an extreme tree house, and we stand smack bang in the middle, face to face with this 'Lady of the Wood'.

"The enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone." Speaks the elf to the side of Galadriel, his fingers laced with hers. I clear my throat and sniff.

"Nine there are, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell." He continues, and I suppress a cough. "Tell me where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him."

I avert my eyes to Galadriel, her complexion laced with a timeless beauty. Elves are so pretty.

"He has fallen into shadow." She utters with a sorrowful expression, her gaze meeting mine. I nod ever so slightly, bewildered by the trance in which her eyes seem to put me under.

"He was taken by both shadow and flame." Legolas states, drawing the gaze of Galadriel and Celeborn. I shift uncomfortably. "A balrog of Morgoth."

Another silence ensues as the elf lords take in the information, and I take the chance to let out the cough I was suppressing.

Galadriel looks to Gimli and speaks words of comfort, coming as a surprise to the dwarf, then her eyes meet Boromirs. Whatever she speaks, it is silent to the rest of us, but also deep, as the man starts weeping. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife, stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." Galadriel quotes, her eyes scanning our fellowship, before settling on Sam. "Yet hope remains while the company is true."

Speaking in riddles seems to be common with old people.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled, go now and rest, for you are weary with sorrow and much toil." Galadriel continues. "Tonight you will sleep in peace."

"Thank the lord for that." I mutter, following behind the fellowship as I once again cough my lungs up.

If there's anything I need, it's a shower and beauty sleep.

~3rd persøn~

With nightfall comes a chorus of elves, their voices drifting from the tree tops as they sing in memory of the fallen wizard. The fellowship listen on, enchanted by the melody as they lay beneath the pavilion which has been set up for their own comfort.

"A lament for Gandalf." Legolas states softly, his eyes drawn to the canopy above.

"What do they say about him?" Merry questions, enticed by the ways of the elves.

"I have not the heart to tell you." The elf replies, looking down at Merry with a sorrowful gaze. "For me the grief is still too near."

Legolas wonders towards the large fountain which sits in the middle of the courtyard. He glances down at the still water, reminiscing the grey wizard, before he is interrupted by a drowsy Robin.

"How's your nose?" She asks, leaning against the fountain with her elbow and lazily resting her palm against her cheek.

"It's fine." The elf replies, not removing his gaze from the large bowl of water.

"I'm sorry about that, honestly." Robin mutters, interrupting herself with a hiccup. "And don't take that for granted, apologies from me are rare."

Legolas averts his eyes from the fountain to the thief, taking in her drowsy state.

"The orcs lining the walls were getting too many, you would never have reached Gandalf." He states, and Robin looks to the ground in guilt. "If you ran, we wouldn't have let you go alone. The whole fellowship could have been killed off."

There is a moment of silence as both gazes are drawn towards the still water, soon to be broken by one of Robins hiccups.

"You're a real person for keeping everyone safe, aren't ya?" Robin remarks, a daggy grin on her face as she meets the eyes of the elven prince.

"And the same could be said for you, Robin, when you're thinking straight." Legolas replies, and Robin hiccups again.

"We have so much in common, we're practically twins!" Robin exclaims, straightening her stance and almost falling over. "We both have the same hair style, we're both extremely attractive, we both have awesome archery skills."

Legolas raises an eyebrow, and Robin gazes off into the distance.

"Okay, maybe you're the one sporting the looks." She continues. "And you're more elegant than me. And you're wiser than me."

"And my father wants your head." Legolas butts in, causing Robin to lift her eyebrows as she struggles to keep her eyes open.

"Well tell him he can have it!" She retorts, placing her hands on her jaw and pretending to pull off her head. "But then again, you can't just give away something this good looking for free."

Legolas furrows his eyebrows as Robin slurs her words, interrupting herself again with another hiccup.

"I think that medicine is doing more than healing your body." Legolas remarks, walking over to Robin and placing a hand on her back as he assists her towards the pavilion. "You'd better rest for the morning."

Robin stumbles beside the elf, and almost trips as she makes her way towards the bed that has been set up for her. She smiles lazily at the fact that she's sleeping next to the hobbits.

Lying down, Robin tucks herself in, before resting her dreary eyes on the elven prince. Legolas turns to walk away, but Robin reaches her hand out, stopping him from leaving.

"Wait." She orders, releasing her grip and attempting to convey an innocent smile. "Can you tell me a bedtime story?"

Legolas raises an eyebrow and subtly smirks down at the drowsy girl.

"Goodnight, Robin." He utters, before turning his head and exiting the pavilion.

Robin huffs, burrowing the side of her head into the pillow and releasing one last hiccup.

"We'll tell you a story!" Pippin pipes up, nudging Merry. But before they can even think of a plot, Robin is sound asleep, her dreams carrying her once again into the forest of Fangorn.

Morning approaches, and with it, Robin is the first to rise. This is a rare occasion, as she is a person who always seems to be in debt to time, but with her sickness treated, she has never felt so alive.

However, with a new day comes progress towards the destruction of the ring, and they can no longer linger in Lothlorien. As a gift, the elves present each individual with a mossy coloured cloak, and a pin shaped like a leaf to hold the cloth together. This becomes a new symbol of the fellowship, the emerald and silver bounding together the group.

But along with the hoods come seperate gifts presented by Galadriel herself.

Legolas receives a bow of Galadhrim, crafted with intricate designs for an elegant finish.

Merry and Pippin receive daggers which have already seen service in war, but remain sturdy and useful.

Boromir receives a belt of gold.

Sam receives elven rope, a simple but helpful gift.

Frodo receives the light of Earendil, the elves most beloved star.

Gimli only wishes for one strand of hair from Galadriels golden head, she gives him three.

Aragorn already bears a gift which is greater than any Galadriel can give, and that is the love of Arwen.

And at last, the lady of light steps over towards Robin, and the thief clenches her jaw as she meets the eye of Galadriel.

"And at last, to Robin Hood, an elven knife forged from silver." She presents, holding out a small knife with a white handle engraved by gold markings. "Your daggers are now for the purpose of battle, a hidden knife shall bring help when in difficult circumstances."

Galadriel goes to hand the blade to Robin, but shortly retracts her arm before the girl can even touch her new knife.

"First, I believe you have something to give in return." Galadriel states, lifting an eyebrow.

Robin sighs, a guilty expression on her face as she digs her hand into her pocket and brings out a cluster of Lothloriens jewels.

"I was going to take them back, however I was a bit drowsy last night and now I can't remeber where I got them from." Robin remarks, placing the jewels in one of Galadriels palms as she recieves the knife from the other. She smiles innocently at the lady of light, before slipping the knife into the back of her boot.

And with a continued show of generosity, the elves supply the fellowship with canoes, a massive step into getting the group back onto their feet.

Bidding Lothlorien goodbye, they set out to their next destination, following the stream of Silverlode river as they drift into the unknown.

-

You guys need to be more vocal!

I really appreciate the reads and votes, but please leave comments aswell. Tell me your thoughts on the book, or what you think of Robin, or even ideas on how to improve the story. It would be amazing to recieve some feedback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733 30 25
When 3 hobbits are set off on a quest to take a ring to Rivendell, many unexpected things happen. Said ring holds much more power than anyone could e...
143K 6.6K 49
The enemy is at their doorsteps. The battle does not seem to be in their favor, but for the good of Middle-Earth they will risk everything to defeat...
196K 5.2K 28
(Y/n) (L/n) has been on the run her whole life. Where she is from, she is considered a witch. Gondor would not welcome her any longer. She was a nuis...
1.2K 48 16
𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑰 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 "𝑷𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑺" 𝑺𝑨𝑮𝑨 ~ "𝑨 𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒅𝒓�...