The Jewelry Box ~ Justin Bieb...

נכתב על ידי JustinsAvenger

Justin Bieber: a boy who likes jewelry and secrets. Copyright © JustinsAvenger 2015 עוד

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen

Eighteen

5.1K 224 201
נכתב על ידי JustinsAvenger

"You ease my mind, you make everything feel fine"

Allison

Allison- I'll be a little late to work today, I woke up late.

I send the message to Justin as I stand outside the green Starbucks. My palms are hot, causing me to continuously wipe them on my black skirt. I can hear my heart in my ears as I spot Jason through the clear glass window. He sits in an all black outfit, shades covering his eyes. The long scar that slides from his left eye to his lip peeks out from underneath his glasses. I am the one who set up this meeting, and I'm not going to let my nervousness stop me from getting the information I so desperately want.

Without another thought, I push the door open, making my way over to Jason. "Hey," I say softly, and his head slowly turns to face me.

He reaches up, sliding off his glasses so I can see his cold, brown eyes. "Hello, Allison, how are you?"

"I'm alright," I take a seat across from him at the table, "thank you for agreeing to this."

He nods slightly, "I assumed you would get in contact with me, somehow."

I look up at him, "Justin has been very on the edge lately, and I'm worried it has something to do with the Jacob situation."

Jason laughs, "It one hundred percent has to do with Jacob. Justin is scared, he's been scared ever since your accident."

This causes me to frown, "My accident?" What is he talking about? I haven't had any accidents with Justin.

Jason sighs, taking a sip of his coffee in the cardboard cup. "Allison, some things I am more than happy to tell you about, others, are none of my business. I also know that Justin will eventually have to tell you things about his and your past. The only things I am going to talk to you about are ones regarding your safety."

His eye contact with me becomes too intense, causing me to look down at the dark wooden table. Jason notices. "Justin is a coward." He spits harshly. "I can't believe he brought you back into his life, being the selfish piece of shit he is, putting you in danger yet again."

"I don't follow." I say softly, not wanting to rile him up anymore than he already is.

"Jacob is coming after you, Allison."

I frown deeply. "What is he going to do?"

Jason shakes his head, looking away from me. "Allison, he'll stop at nothing to ruin Justin. He'll kill you." My breathing hitches in my throat as the world kill rolls of Jason's tongue.

"K-kill?" I splutter out.

Jason takes another drink of his coffee. "He tried once before. Who knows what he'll do this time?"

"He tried to kill me before?" I whisper in shock. My chest tightens and I find it harder to breath. Jason realizes this, and pushes his hot cup towards me.

"Hold onto it, it'll make you feel better, trust me." I follow his suggestion and grip the hot, thin cup, pressing the cardboard in as I feel the warmth deep through my palms. I close my eyes briefly, before looking back up at Jason's emotionless eyes. "I'm sorry, Allison, I shouldn't have brought it up so suddenly."

"No, it's okay, I asked for it." I mumble, keeping both of my hands wrapped around the cup. This time, I don't shy away. "How did he try to kill me before?"

"I'm aware of your car accident, Allison, I'm sorry to hear you lost your memory due to it." He begins, and I frown, what does that have to do with anything? He notices my confusion and continues. "Jacob is the one that hit you."

My eyes fling open wider. "Wh-what... they said it was a drunk driver who drove away." I whisper.

Jason chuckles maliciously. "He was anything but drunk. That was probably the most sober Jacob has ever been. He knew what he wanted. He wanted you dead."

"But-but why? I didn't even know Justin, I was thirteen!" I argue stupidly, obviously Jason knows much more than I do. I just can't fathom the thought of Jacob trying to kill me at such a young age. What did I ever to do him, or Justin, at that age?

"Justin met you a very long time ago, Allison. I will not discuss your relationship further, because I know Justin will eventually have to tell you. But for now, I want you to know Allison, Justin is obsessed with you." He leans forwards to tear my fingers away from the cup. I hadn't realized I was smushing it, almost causing the liquid to pour out.

"H-how long have I known him?" I question.

"I'm sorry, I can't say." He shakes his head. "But Allison, your relationship with Justin is in the palm of your hands. He will never leave you, because he's selfish, but you can leave him."

I look away. I have just begun to like Justin, am I really going to walk away from him now? "How can I get Jacob off my back?"

Jason purses his lips. "You can't. The only way Jacob would stop everything is if Justin gave Jacob the company, and quit his job forever."

"Why does Jacob care so much about a stupid job?"

Jason shrugs. "It's not just the job. Justin has always been portrayed as the golden child. My father loved him, and so did Mike. It's hard to watch all the father figures in your life have a favourite." He licks his lips, "I never really gave a fuck, just because I'm not that into money or power."

"Why do you work for Jacob?" I ask, "If you don't care for the business?"

"Because I hate Justin." He chuckles. "I want to watch him fail."

"So why are you helping me?" If he wants to see Justin fail, and be hurt, why wouldn't he throw me to the wolves?

He runs a hand through his fluffy hair. "You're too good for Justin, Allison. I don't want to watch an innocent soul get hurt, especially if I'm apart of it.  I'm not like Justin - I was never a hit-man. Killing an innocent soul is something that doesn't settle too well with me. However, killing someone that has fucked me over, that's a different story."

I awkwardly pull at my white sleeve. I don't know what else to say. All I want is for Justin to wrap his arms around me and tell me everything is okay. I want him to tell me that Jacob isn't really after me. I want him to tell me that none of this is true. But I know it is.

"I don't know what to do." I whisper, looking back up at Jason. He seems dull, emotionless, even. I crave sympathy at the moment, yet, his soul seems empty.

"You already know that you are the most important thing in Justin's life. If you want Jacob to stay away from you, you have to stay away from Justin." He takes his coffee back from my hands. "It's as simple as that."

Before I have the chance to retaliate, Jason gets up. "N-no!" I quickly lurch forwards, grabbing his wrist. "Please don't go." I whisper, tears pooling at my lower lash line.

Jason's dull eyes finally twinge with sympathy and compassion. "I was just going to get you a coffee, Allison." He says slowly. A tear slides down my face, suddenly feeling embarrassed at my outburst as customers stare at Jason and me.

I sit back in my chair quickly. "Sorry," I mutter.

Jason sighs, "You're already in too deep, Allison." I don't get the chance to ask what that means as Jason whisks away to the short line. I watch his figure move through the line, as he occasionally would look over at me, probably to make sure I'm not balling my eyes out. I take slow, deep breaths. Justin won't hurt me, he just can't.

Jason comes back with a large coffee, placing it in front of me. "Has Justin texted you?" I pull my phone out from my pocket, looking at the new messages.

Justin - Silly girl, this is why you should stay at my place more often.

Justin - When will you be here?

Justin - Baby, are you okay? Call me.

"He wants me to call him." I mutter.

Jason nods, "You should, so he doesn't get suspicious."

I agree with him and press Justin's contact. He answers almost immediately. "Allison, baby, where are you?" His voice is frantic and worried.

"I'm just having a bad morning." I whisper, my throat feeling dry from hearing his voice.

"Oh, princess, I'm sorry." He sighs. "Do you want me to come see you?"

"No, no, I'm coming to work. I'll see you soon." I bite down on my lip.

"Okay, sweetheart, bye." I quickly pull the phone away from my ear and hang up. I breathe out a long breath, his voice is always filled with such concern and care, how can he be putting me in danger?

Jason suddenly speaks up. "You have feelings for him, don't you?"

I stare down at the blank, black screen. "I don't know."

"He has them for you; very deep feelings. So be careful, Allison, keep yourself safe." I once again wrap my hands around the hot cup, wanting to eliminate the chills climbing up my spine.

I look down at my nails. "Why does Justin carry a gun?" I feel the urge to pick at the polish, watching the red flakes fall onto the table like blood splatter. I can't shake the image of Justin playing the game at the carnival, except the toy gun is no longer a toy, and Godzilla is a human being. The red falling from my nails makes pictures of the blood falling from the boy's lips that tried to get with me after Alex's party flash through my mind. Justin threw a deadly punch.

"You never know what could be around the corner." Jason says casually, and automatically, my eyes travel down his torso. "Yes, I carry one too."

"Why?" I whisper.

"Guns separate the real from the fake." Jason stares up at me. "If you know how to use a gun, you should always carry one. High school boys who act like gangsters would never be able to carry such a powerful weapon. Justin knows his way around one very well, yet, he probably doesn't even need one to kill someone. I carry one because I'm a target, I know a lot of fucked up people, and a lot of them don't like me very much." His finger reaches up to point at the scar slashing through his face. "As you can see, I'm not exactly a saint." He glances at his golden watch. "I should get going."

"Wait, I have one more question." I halt him from getting up. He nods for me to continue.  "Logan works for Jacob, doesn't he?"

Jason sighs, "Yes, he does. He was the one who told Jacob you were back in Justin's life in the first place." He glares down at me for another moment before clearing his throat. "I really should be going, now."

I slump, disappointed. "Oh, okay." There is still so much to be undiscovered. However, at least now I know that somehow, Justin knew me long before this year, and that the Jacob situation is very serious and I am his main target.

"Feel free to contact me whenever, Allison. I hope you make the right decision." Jason sends me a small smile, before pushing out his chair and heading towards the door. I know he means the right decision is leaving Justin.

Jason pulls his dark sunglasses back over his eyes as he steps into his black Range Rover. He catches my eye one last time, giving me a wave before rolling off down the busy Toronto streets. I take a few moments at the table, drinking the warm coffee and thinking of my next move. I know I have to ask Justin about Jacob, and what he is planning on doing. I can't stay with him if it puts my life at danger.

I leave the Starbucks, making the short trek back to Justin's building. Lacey greets me once I walk through the revolving glass door. "Hey, Allison," she warmly smiles at me. I smile back, my throat too dry to voice a greeting. Once I step into the elevator, I take slow, long, deep breaths, trying to relax myself. The elevator shook, causing my heart to skip a beat and I grip the bars surrounding the perimetre of the small box. Do I have to fear for my safety at every waking moment?

Tears prick the back of my eyes as I reach Justin's floor. Just to my luck, Logan spots me. I want nothing more than for him to ignore me, but he makes his way over. "Allison, how are you this fine morning?"

"Fine," I whisper, trying to walk past him without tears falling.  I feel fire burn in my chest as I think of Logan spilling all of Justin's secrets to Jacob.

Logan notices and grabs my arm. "What's wrong? Did Justin do something?"

"No, just please, let me go." I murmur, taking my arm from his grip and quickly walking past him. I feel his stare on me as I knock upon Justin's office door. My knees feel week and my throat itches from having to hold back my sobs.

"Come in," his deep, gruff voice sounds from beyond the door. I quickly turn the knob, sliding in and shutting the door immediately. I release another long breath, happy to finally be out of any public eye. "hey, baby, I'm glad you're finally here."

I can't help it, I let the tears stream down my face as I turn to look at him. His eyes widen and he shoots up from his chair, tugging me forwards. I release a pitiful sob, clutching onto his suit jacket and nestling my head into his chest. "Sh, baby, it's okay, I'm here." I shake and tremor in his arms, wanting nothing more than for him to tell me everything I just heard is a lie. Justin picks me up and settles himself in his chair, huddling me on his lap. I keep my head buried in his chest, not wanting to face him just yet. "Princess, please, what's wrong?" He whispers as his large hand rubs up and down my back.

"I-I'm scared." I whimper, fisting the soft material of his jacket tighter.

"Why are you scared, sweetheart?"

"I don't want to d-die." I sob, and Justin's hand freezes from it's movements.  His heart thumps quickly through his chest, and he says nothing for a few moments. Finally, his hand glides up to the back of my head, holding it steady as he shushes me, trying to calm down my hysteric sobs.

Death has been one thing that will always scare me. I'm not one to say I truly adore life with everything in me, but I certainly have no desire to leave Earth just yet. I still have so many things I want to accomplish, and so many things I haven't experienced. It sickens me that someone would ever want to take those opportunities away from someone - especially someone you don't even know. Then again, Justin used to do it all the time.

"You're not going to die, baby, why do you think that?" He asks, wiping my tears with his soft thumb. I lean into his touch, biting my lip to stop anymore sounds of sadness emitting from my mouth.

"I-I don't know." I whisper, not being able to bring up Jacob. Justin will get suspicious, and know that I have been talking to someone about him.

"Sh, darling, you're okay, I'm here." He comforts me. Him being here is the reason I'm scared for my life. If I wasn't in Justin's life, I wouldn't have Jacob coming after me. I finally take deep breaths, stopping the tears from falling as I am met with a pounding headache instead. I reach for the bottle of water on his desk, taking a few sips to cure the symptoms of dehydration. "Tell me what happened, babe." He soothes, taking the water from my hands. My muscles still shake with fright and anxiety.

"I just...thought about my past, that's all." I say quietly. It isn't fully a lie, it frightens me to know that my car accident was caused because of Jacob. I just wish I could remember what happened before. Justin swallows noticeably, so I continue, knowing he's convinced. "You know, my accident."

"Oh," he mutters, "that will never happen to you again, I promise."

"How can you promise that?" I frown. You were apparently the cause of it in the first place.

"I won't let it."

"You can never be so sure." I wipe my knuckles under my eyes. He seemed to have let me get hurt, before.

He shakes his head, "As long as you are by my side, nothing will ever happen to you, do you understand?"

I only sniffle, trying to clear my nasal passage from the thin mucus trying to escape. Justin pulls my head from his chest, staring at me with such intensity my heart skips a beat. "You have to trust me, baby."

"Okay," I whisper. Trusting Justin seems to be the only reasonable thing to do, considering for some reason, I can't bring myself to cut him out of my life.

"You're staying at my place tonight, okay?" I simply nod at his demand, I know that it is not up for discussion. 

We stay silent for a few moments, Justin whispering sweet things and his hands relaxing my tense shoulders.  He finally sits forwards, beginning to complete work on his laptop.  I pull my lips into my mouth, watching as the screen is written in a secret code, not allowing me to understand anything.  I feel like this is an opportunity to tell Justin that I know what this business is, considering he can't get mad at me.  He is already too worried about my sanity to yell at me.

"Justin," I say and he hums to let me know I have his attention. "I know what this business is."

He pauses briefly, before continuing to type. "I know you know."

I frown, "What, how?"

He chuckles, "You are not very stealthy. A few days ago you said 'you don't have to be so secretive' about my work.  What I'm wondering is who told you."

"Logan told me." I rat him out, not feeling bad for a single second.  He doesn't feel bad for ratting out Justin to Jacob, so why should I?

He nods slowly. "I figured." He stops typing to look down at me.  "You cannot tell anyone, okay?  This business relies on being underground and only known to those who are interested in buying or investing. You especially cannot tell your parents."

I snort, as if I would tell my parents my boyfriend runs a drug industry. "I won't."

"Good girl," he presses a sweet kiss to my forehead, "get up, I have someone to talk to."

I get off his lap slowly. "Logan?"

He smirks, a dark glint adoring his usual honey coloured eyes. "You guessed it." He runs his hands over his suit jacket, smoothing out any wrinkles. "Stay here, baby, I don't want you to see what I'm about to do."

I watch him leave the office, my bottom lip trapped between my teeth. My ears pick up the sound of his dress shoes clacking against the marble flooring before a door opens and slams loudly, causing me to jump. Before I can stop myself, I leave Justin's office, entering the break room and walking towards the end, where it is closer to Logan's office.

I lean my head up against the wall, trying my hardest to be able to make out the screaming voices.

"Stay the fuck out of my life, you fucking parasite." I hear Justin spit.

"I'm not the one you need to be worrying about. He's planning some big stuff, Mr. Murderer." Logan's teasing voice makes me cringe, knowing that Justin is at the end of his rope.

Glass shatters, causing me to gasp. "If I hear of you saying anything more to Allison, you'll get it a lot worse than this." Groans of pain follow Justin's threatening words, which makes my stomach twist in fright. Knowing the conversation is rearing to an end, I quickly scramble out of the break room and back into Justin's office before anyone can see me.

I sit in Justin's office chair, attempting to look as casual as possible. The door knob twists and Justin re-enters, a somber look on his face. I catch his eye. "Are you okay?" I ask weakly.

"Of course, doll." I glance at his right fist, which is peppered with dry blood. It seems as though Justin's hand is permanently stained with blood. At least, I only ever see it with a red tint.

Justin's phone rings, causing him to sigh deeply. He saunters over to the desk, picking it up. "What?" He snaps, not bothering to look at the Caller ID.

His nose scrunches up as he listens to the person on the other line. He rolls his eyes. "No, and no, I don't care how long you have been a customer-" he get's cut off, which obviously doesn't sit very well with him. "Shut the fuck up," he hisses, "don't call this number again." He slams the phone onto the receiver.  Justin fumes in silence, his biceps tensing occasionally and his jaw sliding back and forth as he grinds his teeth together. He certainly is frightening while angry, I just hope I never end up on the wrong side of his frustration.

Justin places both of his hands on the glass desk, letting out a deep breath. I let him stand in silence for a moment. There is nothing for me to say, really, considering we are both on edge. When he finally look up at me, his shoulders slump. "I think I've had enough of work today." He lowly chuckles.

I nod, agreeing with him. "I'm sorry, for making your day bad." Justin and my relationship seems to bring him more trouble than it's worth. Why is he so insistent on keeping me in his life?

Justin frowns and shakes his head. "You only ever make my day better." He sends me a small smile, and my cheeks warm at his comment.  "Plus, I never like to stay at work too late anyway. You give me an excuse to get the fuck out of here."

Justin suddenly gets another call, this time on his cell phone. He pulls it out, glancing at the screen, then up at me. "I'll be right back." He mumbles before leaving his office and shutting the door.

There is no way I can stop myself from listening in as he stands on the other side of the door. My need to know everything eats away at my insides, and hearing what Justin says furthers my insight on what is going on between us and Jacob.

"No, she won't be." Justin says faintly. I press my ear against the door to hear more clearly. "My girlfriend is very sick, she will be staying with me and won't be able to come home, tonight."

He chuckles, "Darrell, always a pleasure." My eyebrows furrow together as he says Darrell. Is he speaking to my father, emphasizing that I am his girlfriend? My stomach twists for the millionth time today, is my father involved in this too?

Justin swings the door open, meeting my once again teary eyes. He softens immediately and hugs me close. "Oh, baby, don't worry, everything will be okay soon." He presses his lips to mine, and I sigh into the connection. I love the feeling of his lips against mine, and he clearly knows that, since he smirks and grabs my hips to pull me closer to him.

I have a feeling nothing would be okay anytime soon.

Thanks guys!  I loooove the next few chapters so stay tuned!
-steph

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

40.3K 2.3K 19
Justin Bieber lives a seemingly happy life with his fiancé. It looks perfect to everyone on the outside when in reality it's anything but. Jason McCa...
556K 10.8K 88
Who doesn't love a good jb imagine?
15.3K 912 55
Justin Bieber a 22 year old who's living in hell ever since his dad took Justin away with him from the rest of his family to be trained, this is his...