Im Not Like The Rest, Harry S...

By whoooopdeedoo

After Skylar Cowell's mother died, her father turned into the opposite of who he used to be. After some horri... More

Im Not Like The Rest, Harry Styles-1
Meeting Someone New-2
Bonding Time- 4
One Month Later - 5
I Think I Want To Be More Than Friends With Him- 6
A Day At The Beach-7
Update In My Relationship Status-8
Talk Time -9
Theres Always Two Sides To A Person-10
Too forgiving-11
I Can't Believe I Like Harry-12
The Past Is The Past So Enjoy Right Now-13
Plan Gone Wrong-14
Look For Signs-15
Time To Go To Hawaii-16
idk a name for this chapter-17
A Little Flirt, A Little Tease-18
Do Something With Your Feelings Alright?-19
Finally-20
Feelings and Kissing-21
What Do You Want For Your Birthday?-22
Happy Birthday, Love-23
Discussing Things And A New Challeng-24
Make Him Want You-25
Bye Bye Hawaii Hello Public-26
We Can Make It work-27
Back To School-28
I Don't Want To Keep Too Much From Him-29
Two Weeks Without Harry?!-30
Talking About Eddy-31
Welcome Back Harry-32
Talking and Forgiving-33
Not Fully Forgiven-34
Friends Again But Come On Tour With Us-35
Date Before The Tour-36
STOP EDDY YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING-37
Can't Stay Mad-38
Phone Calls-39
Closer To Seeing Harry-40
New Years-41
After Party-42
Losing the best thing-43
Talking about thingss-44
He Needs To Earn Her Trust-45
An Explanation-46
Skylars Dad's House-47
Perfect morning??-48
Eventful Day-49
Car Rides and a Fancy Hotel Room-50
Next Day, Cheeky Talks-51
Elevator Arguments but True Love-52
Back To The Boys-53
Beaches, showers and Harry Styles-54
Police Officers and Bad Day-55
Walks and Talks-56
Pranking The Pranksters-57
Date-58
Last day-59
Back Home-60
He's Not Talking To Me-61
I Still Love You- 62

A Day With The Boys -3

173K 2K 1.2K
By whoooopdeedoo

Skylar’s POV

The next day came by too fast. I know, its summer and I have nothing to complain about but, I honestly wasn’t in the mood of doing anything today. My stomach and legs felt sore from a couple days ago, and now I have plans with a group of people I don’t even know. But they couldn’t be that bad. I don’t even know why I think that they’re bad people at all. I guess it’s because they’re all somewhat attractive and usually the group of attractive guys are ass holes, you know what I mean?

I hoped out of bed and checked the time, 10:37am. So I have about an hour and a half to get ready. As I started to walk around my room looking for clothes my legs started to hurt. Ugh, why do they hurt even more now than they did when they were first caused! Whatever, they shouldn’t be like that for too much longer. The doctor did say a couple weeks right? So not too long. I just want the pain to go.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple hoodie.  I wasn’t going to dress up for them and give them the wrong impression of me. I just met them and honestly I’d rather stay home today then go and hang out with them.

As I went downstairs to try to look for Uncle Simon, I found a note on the coffee table from Simon saying:

Good morning! Sorry I’m not here right now, had to head off to work early today. Have fun today with the lads and give me a ring if you need anything,

-Simon

Well, I guess that means I can go out now. I checked the time and it was only 10:45.

“I’m not staying here.” I muttered to myself.  So I decided to go out and buy some breakfast from Star Bucks. And maybe I’ll make some conversation with Eddy again. He was pretty nice. And cute... and kind of hot but you know, simple conversation couldn’t harm right...? So I threw on a pair of flats and headed out for Starbucks.

After about 20 minutes I finally made it there, and I saw him flash me a smile when he saw me. I walked up to the counter.

“Hey,” I said with a little smile.

“Hey, what can I get yah?” He asked and before I could answer he said “You want the same as last time or something different?”

That was cute! He remembers my order! Awe!

“Yah that would be great,” I said “And for here please.” I finished leaving a 10 on the table.

I went and sat down at the same table I sat at last time. I pulled out my phone from pocket and played some temple run trying to waste some time.

“And here you go,” He said placing my drink and cake on the table, “Would you mind if I joined you again?” He said waiting for a response.

“Yah of course, sit” I said locking my phone and putting on the table.

“So how was yesterday, did you get a good look around town?” He asked me, getting comfortable in his chair.

“Yah I did, this place is amazing. I didn’t think I would like it that much. But I didn’t see a lot of the main attractions but I’ll save that for later.”

“Yah, this place is great.” He answered

“Yah...” I said awkwardly not knowing really what to say

We started talking about random things for about an hour and he was really funny too. He explained how people used to come here and order like, 6 different drinks and while he makes it they would ditch and not pay for the items or take the drinks. We talked about school, and how he was starting college after summer. He was a year older than me.

I looked at my phone at saw the time was 12:10. Shit, they’re probably at that house right now!

“Oh I have to go,” I said as I got up from the table.

“Yah I should get back to my shift, but could I get your number?” He asked me before I left.

“Yah” I said as we exchanged numbers and I was out of the door.

I started to speed walk down to the house. What if they called Simon and told him I was missing or something? I wouldn’t want him or them to get worried.  I slowed down now because the pain in my legs were started to get stronger. Probably starting to run wouldn’t help them heal, and I could feel pain starting to get to my shoulders.

I finally reached home and saw their car pulled up in the driveway, and now the time was 12:30. Whatever, what will they do right? I walked up to the door and stepped in.

I walked in and saw that they were sitting on the couch watching TV and I had never felt so awkward in my life.  When the door shut their eyes were on me and. And we kind of just looked at each other not really knowing what to say till Louis said;

“Well I thought we had plans for noon today?!” he said breaking the silence.

“Yah sorry about that, I lost track of time” I said

“Where were you anyways?” Harry asked me as he raised an eyebrow.

“I was at Star Bucks, getting something for breakfast.” I answered “So are we going to go out or stay here?” I asked not wanting to stand by the door awkwardly any longer.

“Yah let’s go!” Niall said jumping off the sofa and continued by saying “Let’s go out to Nandos!”

We all headed out the door and into their car. I was squished in the backseat between Louis and Harry, while Liam was driving and Zayn was in the passenger seat. Niall made his way there in his own car.

I felt so weird. Louis and Harry were having a conversation and I felt like I was in the way. But I wasn’t going to say anything because that would make things even more awkward for me, and I would rather that not happened.

After a few minutes my phone buzzed, and I got a text from Eddy saying

-Eddy

Hey SkySky! What’s up?

I let out a laugh reading the text. I thought it was cute how he used SkySky as my name.

“What are you laughing at?” Louis asked causing me to turn my phone off. I didn’t really want to show off anything.

“Oh nothing,” I said still smiling. Louis was funny, I liked him.

“Liar, LIAM. Stop the car we have a liar in here!” He said jokefully, causing me to blush.

“No, he’s joking!”

“No I’m not!!!” He said making me laugh again.

“It was just a text okay! A funny one, now don’t stop the car.” I said

“What did it say? And who is it from!”

“Well uhm... it’s from a friend and he asked me what I was doing.”

“Ooooh so it’s a he?” He said making me shake my head and smile.

“Whatever!” I said as we pulled into the parking lot of Nandos. 

When we stepped in there was a table for six waiting for us at the back corner of the restaurant. We all went there and sat down.  It was a cute place and the restaurant smelt like yummy food.  I took a seat next to Louis while Harry was in front of me, on the other side of Louis was Zayn and next to harry was Liam and next to Liam was Niall.

“So Skylar, what have you been up to for the past few days?” Liam asked me,

“Not too much, I’ve been walking around town a lot, trying to get familiar with the area.” I answered as a waiter cam and asked us for some drinks.

“Uhm, I’ll have coke please.” I said

“Coke for all of us too” Niall said ordering drinks for the rest of the crew.

“I’ll get right on that,” he said as he left to go get us drinks.

“I’m going to go to the washroom,” I said as I got up and left. I walked into the empty washroom and looked in the mirror. My bruise on my cheek was starting to fade, but I applied some cover up again just so it doesn’t become too noticeable.  I fixed up my hair and just before I was about to leave, my phone vibrated again.

-Eddy

I see how it is, you’re too cool to text me back? </3

I let out a laugh. I guess I did forget to text him back,

-Me

Ohh whoopsie! I guess I forgot to reply, but nothing much, at Nandos with some friends, hbu?

Once it was sent I made my way back to the table. The drinks were already at the table. When I sat my phone went off again,

-Eddy

Oh, that place is so good! And I’m just getting off work soon, maybe we can hang out later?

Does he mean like a date or just a friend thing? I smiled; I think he’s being really sweet right now.

“She’s smiling at a text message again!” Louis yelled making my eyes widen and my cheeks flush. Was it that big of a deal?

“Can I not smile without being questioned?” I said not rudely but in an annoyed-ish kind of way

Just before Louis was going to answer Liam jumped in and asked “So Skylar, tell us about you.”

“Well what do you want to know?”

“How about your hobbies or things you like to do?”

“Well I guess I like hanging out with friends.” I said not really knowing if that was the answer they wanted.

“So what would you and you’re friends do?” Harry said

“We would usually go to parties, clubs or the mall.” I answered.

And once I said it I realized how much I missed my friends. I never really got to say goodbye to them, but we had so many good memories. They always lightened my day when I was sad because of my dad. None of the ever knew what was going on at home but they probably suspected it. My friends would take me to clubs and we would get so wasted that we wouldn’t remember what was going on. We always had one friend from our group stay sober while the rest of us go crazy, then that one friend would tell us everything we did, or things we were about to do or even things we were about to do! We had some really good times and I honestly do miss them.

“Oh, so we have a party animal?” Louis said shaking his eyebrows.

“Maybe not a party animal but, I can be fun at parties!” I said not wanting them to think of me as some dumb girl who always gets drunk and doesn’t give a shit.

“Well you haven’t had fun at a party until you’re at a party with us” Zayn said.

“Yah we know exactly how to have fun” Louis said making me laugh. He was actually really funny.

“I’m sure you guys do,” I said as the waiter came back to the table.

“What can I get you guys?”

“I’ll take a hamburger please” I ordered.

While the rest of them were ordering I pulled out my phone and answered the text.

-Me

Yah I would love to but I’m not sure if I’m going to be free anytime soon today, so what about tomorrow?

After about 10 minutes the food finally came and we all ate.

“I’m so stuffed.” I said rubbing my stomach.

“Same.” Zayn agreed.

“I still have some pace left...” Niall said making me laugh.

“You always have room in there!” Louis said poking his stomach.

“Well we better get going; we have other things planned today!” Harry said as we got up and started to leave the restaurant.

“So where are we going now?”

“We’re going to Lou and I’s flat, since you should be visiting us a lot, cuz you know we’re awesome, you should get used to the flat” He said winking at me.

I shook my head and smiled and said “That can be argued with but, whatever.”

As we were on our way to their flat, I couldn’t help but think about how nice they were being to me. I don’t even know them very well but they’re acting like they’ve known me for ages. And I honestly really appreciated it. But still at the back of my mind, I really hope they’re not being nice to me over sympathy. But at the same time, maybe they don’t even know what happened.

“We’re here!” Niall said.

“Just duck your head when we get out okay?” Harry said as we stepped out of the car.

And all of a sudden there were lights flashing, wait. More like cameras?  Are they paparazzi? Why are they here? I had so many questions.

“Harry, Louis!”

“Niall, Zayn, Liam!” more paparazzi yelled.

An arm went around my shoulder as I was being pushed into the building and into their flat. And it was Harry. I gave him a questioning look.

“So do you want to explain?” I said as I sat down on their sofa.

“Well, you see, the boys and I were in a band, One Direction.” He started as I was puzzled. They didn’t seem like the type to be in a boy band.

“To be completely honest, I thought you already knew about us and was playing cool about it.”

“Well, uhm. No offence but, I don’t really know you guys...”

“It’s alright, but would you like me to show you around? The boys are probably answering some questions to the people outside.”

“Uhm sure”

“Well here, this room is the living room,” he said towards the room I was just in.

“Here is the kitchen, and here is the dining room,” We walked around a bit more until he opened a door.

“This is Louis room, here is my room, and this is the bathroom.”     

“Cute place,” I said not really knowing what to answer with, but that was good enough I guess.

“Thanks,” He said as we walked into the kitchen and sat at the table.

“So tell me about you, like what lead you to living here?” Harry asked.

“I uhm...” I said trailing of; I didn’t know what to say. He was being too nice to me and now I was about to make a huge lie up.

I realized I hadn’t answered in too long and quickly said “I wanted to live somewhere new, and different, and I thought here would be a good idea,”

“Oh, well this is a nice pace.” He said, and I knew he could tell I was lying but I wasn’t going to just open up and tell him all the crazy things that had happened in my life. I wasn’t planning on telling anyone, at least anytime soon.

“Yah, I can’t wait to  fully look around the city.”

“I could show you around sometime if you don’t mind. I know this place like the back of my hand,” He offered.

“Yah sure, if you don’t mind.”

“Not a problem, is tomorrow good for you?”

“I can’t tomorrow, I’m going out with a friend, but if we aren’t out too late then sure,” I said.

“Sure, so who is she?” he asked referring to my friend.

“It’s a him, and his names Eddy, he’s the friend” I said awkwardly.

“Oh,” he said. And after he said that we had an awkward silence that lasted for a few minutes. I was awkwardly looking around the kitchen until I finally said.

“I should go...” I said as I got up and walked towards the door.

“Well, let me drive you,”

“No thanks maybe next time I said as I stepped out the door smiled at him and started to leave.

“Where are you going?” Louis said to me from across the hall. I turned my head to face him slighty.

“I’m headed home now; I have something’s to do.” I said as he stopped me.

“You want a ride?” He asked me,

“No, it’s alright, thanks anyways but I better get going.” I said as waved at him and left.

                    Phew I’m finally out. That was way too awkward. I don’t know why but he just like, stopped talking to me like I said something wrong. And I didn’t, I just said I was going to go out with a friend tomorrow. Does he think because he’s apparently famous I’m supposed to just like, hang out with him because he wants me to? Whatever, he can get over it I guess. Now, how the hell am I supposed to find my way home? I walked around for about 2 hours and I felt hopeless. I checked my phone, and it was already 7:50pm. It was starting to get dark out and I didn’t want to stay out too long, but I wasn’t going      to call Harry for a ride this time that would be too weird. I’ll just keep walking and when I feel like I can’t find anywhere to go I’ll just call a cab. I walked and I walked, for God knows how long. It was officially pitch black outside, and I couldn’t see where I was going.

                     For a little while, I knew where I was, but now it’s impossible. It’s too dark out now. I pulled out my phone and dialled the Cab company’s number.

“Hi I need a cab-” I was going to continue but suddenly my phone turned off. Shit. My battery died. Simon is going to kill me, and I have no idea where I am. I don’t even know if I’m even in the right area. Ugh. I am so dead when I find my way home. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late update and sorry about that! I have exams till nxt week on tuesday so I'll be busy studying, but I'll try and update as asoon as possible!

Hmm... What might happen when Skylar finder her way home? Someones in deep doodoo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 8.9K 30
Hi I'm Carly Elizabeth Horan. My Dad is the famous Niall Horan. My mom left when I was little and I haven't seen her since. But that's ok because I h...
32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
31.6K 603 23
Evelyn is suffering from depression. After texting the wrong number, she finds Harry Styles. He continues to text her, and try to cheer her up while...
6.5K 118 13
***Previously known as Complicated*** Allison Cowell has had a hard life. She has been deaf since she was a young baby, and her father is none other...