Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 5 - I Hate Him
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 9 - Engagement
Chapter 10 - Mehendi
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 13 - Reception
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 6 - Family Night

166 20 14
By dezertroze

...It had been a while now since Anjali and Atul had met each other and got to know each other a little better; they had met up a couple of times and were really enjoying each other's company.

It was a nice Indian Summer evening, warm with many different coloured leaves on the ground and trees, Atul and Anjali had decided to meet up in the Cosy Caf!, a coffee shop where Anjali and Riddhima usually spent time together.

Armaan had also decided to tag along with his brother as he had not as yet seen his to-be sister-in-law and was very eagerly waiting to meet her because he had heard so much about her from Atul. Armaan and Anjali sat around a triangular coffee table on comfortable armchairs while Atul had gone to order something for them to drink.

Anjali thought of starting up the conversation as Armaan had continued to sit and smile; he was quite pleased with his brother's choice and had no words to describe it; "It's really nice to have finally met you..." Anjali started.

Armaan gave her a cheeky smile; "Sab yahi kehte hai..." (Everyone says that)

Anjali smiled; "You're funny..."

Armaan nodded; "Woh bhi kehte hai..." (They say that as well)

"Okay...okay..." Anjali laughed.

He laughed along with her; "But seriously though...aap se milkar bohot acha laga (it's really nice to have finally met you) ...you're just as beautiful as champ described you..."

Anjali was confused; "Champ?"

Armaan shook his head; "I mean...Atul bhaiya...I have loads of names for him...Champ, Bro, Bhai...and more...we are very close...haan (yes) we fight just as much but we love each other a lot..."

Anjali nodded; "Oh really...that's so sweet...aur tumhara aur bhi naam hai...ya sirf Armaan?" (And do you have any other names...or just Armaan?)

"Oh... you don't really want to know..." he tried to change subject.

Anjali smiled; "Batao na (tell me) ...I won't laugh..."

Atul made his way to Armaan and Anjali and sat down in between them. "Toh...kya baate ho rahi hai?" (So...what are you guys talking about?) he said looking from one to the next.

Armaan turned to his brother; "Kuch nahi...bas..." (Nothing much...just)

"Ammy...have you asked your twenty questions to Anjali yet?" Atul asked him.

Anjali looked from Atul to Armaan and back; "Twenty questions?"

Armaan shook his head; "It's okay...forget it..." he gave Atul a stern look as if to say "drop it".

"Go on...ask me..." Anjali urged him.

Atul smirked; "Yeah go on Ammy...pucho na..." (Ask away)

Armaan looked at Atul as if to say "mar wayeh ga kya?" (You're going to get me killed)

On the way to the café the boys had a discussion on asking Anjali some personal questions. Armaan wanted to ask the questions and Atul had made him promise not to ask as they were very embarrassing. On seeing how beautiful and sensible Anjali was Armaan had changed his mind, not wanting to embarrass himself.

Armaan; once again; tried to change the subject; "Uh...to...Anjali Ji...what do you do?"

"That wasn't the question..." Atul whispered to Armaan.

"Kya?" (What?) Anjali asked.

Armaan continued; "Kuch nahi...toh Anjali Ji...batao na (Nothing...so Anjali tell me)...what do you do?"

"Please Armaan...just Anjali..." she told him.

Armaan smiled at her sweetness; "Okay..."

"Well...at the moment I work at Birthdayz...it's a greeting card shop, we sell cards, balloons, decorations, that stuff...but I do the floral arrangements...I just love flowers and plants..." she explained.

Armaan smiled; "Wow...sounds very interesting..."

Armaan looked at Atul and smiled as he noticed that Atul had become lost in Anjali's words. He then looked at Anjali who was also staring at Atul and decided to let them have their moment; he stood up and went to the counter to collect their order.

When he came back they were still sharing their eye lock, smiling as he thought they looked adorable and he had never seen his brother so attracted to any other girl.

Armaan cleared his throat and placed the tray onto the table "Sorry to disturb you..."

Atul and Anjali jumped out of their dream and looked around in embarrassment; Anjali looked down into her lap as Armaan sat down and smiled at them.

Armaan picked up his mug and sipped his coffee; "It's okay...hota hai..." (It happens)

Anjali became comfortable again; "Bohot pata hai tumhe..." (You seem to know a lot) she also picked up her cup of hot chocolate and smiled at him.

Atul nodded; "Definitely...agar yeh nahi janta toh aur kaun janta?" (If he doesn't know then who else will)

Anjali looked at Atul; "Matlab?" (Meaning?) she sipped her hot chocolate.

"He was the biggest flirt back home..." Atul emphasized on biggest then continued; "...sab ladkiya usse chati thi (every girl wanted him) ...he was never seen without a girlfriend..."

Anjali smiled at Armaan; "Oh...like that...tum toh bade chupe rustam nikla yaar..." (You're a sly one)

"Kya bhai (What bro)...why are you spoiling my image...you're making it sound like I was really bad..." Armaan turned from his brother to Anjali; "...I wasn't that bad...just one or two girls..."

"At once?" Anjali teased and Atul laughed while Armaan sat there looking lost not knowing how to get out of this one; "...Okay...toh tum bato...(So you tell me) ...what's the real story?"

"Well what can I do...if I'm so hot...that's not my fault...is it?" he smirked; "...Yeah I like girls...who doesn't...all the girls wanted to be my girlfriend toh main kya karta (what can I do)...I had to give everyone a fair chance..."

"You're so funny..." she laughed.

Atul turned to her; "Aur main?" (And me?) Anjali became shy and looked down at her cup.

"Not at all funny...you're so boring...haina (isn't it) Anjali?" he asked her with a smile.

Atul now waited for her answer; "Kya main boring hoon?" (Am I boring?)

But again Armaan spoke up; "Of course you are...you just love your plants..."

Anjali asked him; "What's wrong with plants?"

Atul also turned to him; "Haan (Yes)...what's wrong with plants?"

"I didn't say anything was wrong with them...I just..." he trailed off his sentence as he noticed that he won't be able to win this one as they were both are against him.

"You were going to say something..." Atul said.

"Bolo na (go on) Armaan..." Anjali urged.

Armaan gave up; "Kya yaar Anjali...shaadi se pehle bhaiya ke ho gayi...?" (What is this Anjali...even before marriage you're on his side)

Anjali again became shy as Armaan mentioned shaadi; Atul looked at her and smiled.

There was a little silence until Armaan decided to tease her; "So when can I start to call you bhabi?" he smiled at her; "...Have you guys decided to marry yet?"

"Mere taraf se toh haan hain..." (It's a yes from me) Atul spoke only to Anjali; "...mum has invited you guys to dinner tomorrow...please apna jawab kal de na..." (please give your answer tomorrow)

Anjali smiled; "Theek hain..." (Okay) she blushed madly.

Armaan who had witnessed the whole scene found it really sweet and couldn't wait for this relationship to happen; he thought to himself; "A small sweet family...I can't wait! Bohot mazaa ayega shaadi main!" (There's going to be a lot of fun at the wedding) he sipped his coffee and looked at the two love birds...

...Riddhima unlocked the front door and walked into the house; placing her bag and folder on the foot of the staircase she made her way into the living room to where her mum and grandmother were sitting having a cup of tea and conversing generally.

Riddhima placed her arms around her grandmother's neck and leaned into her giving her a kiss on the cheek; "Hi Nani..." she said a little tiredly; "...hi mama..."

"Meri bachi...aja..." (My child...come) she called her around the sofa to sit with her.

Riddhima made her way onto the sofa and laid her head down onto her grandmother's lap who instantly stroked her hair; "How was your day?"

"It was good...but I'm so tired..." she moaned.

"Go and have a shower...you'll feel better..." Padma told her; "...the others will be here soon..."

"Mama...let me just rest here for two minutes..." she closed her eyes; she loved the feel of her Nani's fingers through her hair.

Nani nodded to Padma; "Give her two minutes..."

Riddhima smiled with her eyes closed; being the favorite she always got what she wanted.

After about fifteen minutes Padma forced her up the stairs; she quickly had a shower and felt refreshed. She changed into a comfortable gray and black track suit with a black vest top and matching hoodie. She brushed her hair and sprayed her deodorant before leaving her room, making her way down the stairs into the living room, Shashank was sitting on the single arm chair with her cousin sitting next to him on the arm rest; she smiled as she saw her favourite person and ran to him.

"Hi mamu (Uncle)..." she gave him a big hug and sat next to him.

Vikram smiled and gave her a hug; "Riddhima...how are you?"

"I'm fine...where are the others?" she asked.

"Your mami and Nani are in the kitchen...Aagam is as usual...on the computer..." he pointed over to the study desk where she saw her cousin staring at the monitor.

She called out to him; "Hey Aagam..."

"Hi Ridz...you okay...?" he answered without looking up from the monitor.

"I'm good..." she replied then turned back to Vikram; "...and Natz...?"

"She's still at work...should be here any time soon..." he told her, she nodded and then they both turned to the other two people in the room who were busy whispering amongst each other; she turned to Vikram and he shrugged.

"What's going on over there?" she asked curiously.

"None of your business Dumpling..." Radha snubbed her then turned to Shashank; "...Fua (Uncle) she's so nosy...I think she will be detective..."

"Mamu listen to her...she's so mean...I've told her so many times not to call me that..." Riddhima sulked.

Vikram turned to his daughter; "Radha...stop being mean..." he smiled as Radha smirked.

"And papa you won't say anything to her right...?" she asked her dad.

"But she didn't say anything..." Shashank defended Radha.

"Haan...haan...woh toh kabhi kuch nahi karti..." (Yes she never does anything) she told him.

"Par maine kiya kya hain...?" (But what did I do?) Radha asked innocently.

Shashank turned to Radha; "It's okay...you didn't do anything..."

"Papa you always favour her...it's not fair...when she's around it's like she's your only daughter...you forget all about me..." Riddhima continued to sulk.

"Aww poor thing..." Vikram ruffled her hair; "...don't you worry...I'm there for you..."

Radha sat up instantly; "See...this is why Fua favours me...when you're around you kidnap my dad...so I have every right to be Fua's favourite...I'm I right or not?" she turned to Shashank for an answer.

"Of course..." he nodded smiling.

"Haan toh theek hain na (Yes and that's fine)...your dad is my mamu...he has every right to favour me..." Riddhima replied.

Suddenly the doorbell rang disrupting their little tiff while both Shashank and Vikram smiled at the two cousins; they were both the same age, Radha being a month older than Riddhima had grown up teasing her and always had the upper hand making Vikram favour Riddhima who was always on the losing end of the argument.

A moment later; a girl in her late twenties walked into the room and was greeted by a loud cheer.

"Hey Natz Masi (Maternal Aunt)..." Riddhima teased along with Radha who welcomed her with; "Hi Natz Bua (Paternal Aunt)..."

"Hey everyone...and you two...I'm tired of saying...its Natz...just Natz...please..." she dropped down on the sofa and looked at the two girls who grinned mischievously; "...you two are in one of those weird moods right...?"

They both nodded and continued to tease her but she ignored it and carried on talking to Shashank and Vikram.

Later they were joined by the ladies but the girls continued with their non-stop banter, they went on all the way until they heard the lock click on the front door and everyone went silent.

A moment later Anjali walked into the room facing many eager faces; "Hi everyone..." she said casually.

There was suddenly an outburst of questions...

"How did it go...?"

"What happened...?"

"Do you like him...?"

"Will you marry him...?"

"Are you happy...?"

"What did he say...?"

"Calm down everyone..." Anjali smiled at everyone in the room; "...the meeting went fine...we just got to know each other better...yes I like him...and I'm happy..." she blushed; "...yes I want to marry him...and he's invited us over to dinner tomorrow evening...he wants me to give my answer then..." her cheeks flushed red as she had come to the end of everyone's questions.

"YAY!!!" Riddhima, Natasha and Radha cheered as they ran and gave her a hug.

"That's great news Anjali..." Vikram smiled at her.

"Padma...go and bring some mithai (Indian Sweets) ...I'm so happy today..." Nani beamed at Anjali as she made her way to her; giving her a big hug as Padma left the room with a big smile on her face.

"Nani..." Anjali blushed.

"We're all so happy for you Anjali..." Neha gave her a hug.

"Thank you mami..." she replied...

A moment later Padma came back into the room with a plateful of Indian sweets and everyone took turns to feed the soon to-be bride. Sometime later they all had dinner together and continued talking about the upcoming wedding...

_______________

Hey everyone...hope you enjoyed reading the Family Night and Anjali and Armaan's meeting...

Please comment and let me know how the story is going so far...and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 15.8K 31
Madiha Shah, a young woman from a middle-class family, finds her life unexpectedly entangled with the illustrious Zafar Shah Abraar, a prominent busi...
531K 21.8K 51
"If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read th...
194K 11.4K 71
*status: completed* | Nia Subhash | A 16 year old teen who enjoys life as it comes. She has mother who loves her unconditionally. A father who hates...
223 9 16
Ekansh Singh Rathore Sahiba Kaur Randhawa Shahmeer Ali Khan Zafar Ali Khan Four Best Friends After the death of Zafar. The bond of their friendship...