London Chronicle✔

By MrsASR

:::COMPLETED::: What happens when our very own desi girl Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada would have to move... More

Part 1: Homesick
Part 2: Khushi's Day Out
Part 3: Khushi's Day Out 2.0
Part 4: Sweet Weekend
Part 5: Sick Leave
Part 6: When Two Worlds Collide
Part 7: Party
Part 8: Aftermath
Part 9: After A Break
Part 10: The Musical
Part 11: A Bitter Surprise
Part 13: Love Your Next
Part 14: Supermarket
Part 15: What Bothers Her
Part 16: Game of Egos
Part 17: The Test
Part 18: The Final One

Part 12: Sleepless

6.7K 323 6
By MrsASR

She tossed and turned letting out few groans to express her discomfort but in vain. Her husband was in deep sleep in his usual hand under the head pose.

She made a face at him in annoyance and grabbed her phone from night table. It was 3:15 AM yet, better say already. She couldn't sleep and then there is this Laad Governor, sleeping so peacefully.

She removed the sheet and walked downstairs to the kitchen where she poured oil in a pan and set sugared water in a pot to make syrup.

Her phone rang after sometime when she had settled on the couch with a plate of Jalebis and a movie on IPad.

A huge smile erupted on her face as the called ID flashed on the screen.

Anjali - Good morning Khushiji

Khushi - Good morning Di. You woke up?

Anjali - Yes, it's already past 8 here, but why are you up so early?

Khushi - Just, couldn't sleep. But how do you know?

Anjali - Saw your status update on WhatsApp. So upset that only a full plate of Jalebis can help you now? What happened? Did you and Chote have a fight again?

Khushi smacked herself for forgetting that she put up a photo of the freshly made Jalebis. So of course all her contacts must have come to know she's awake and eating Jalebis. Khushi smiled chuckling inside at herself and how Arnavji will react when he sees it in the morning.

Khushi - No Di. Everything is ok. We didn't fight, just I couldn't sleep, so made Jalebis.

Anjali - And Chote? Is he sleeping?

Khushi - Yes obviously, your Chote is sleeping soundly. Why would it bother him that I have been tossing and turning sleeplessly? He slept right after having what he wanted.

A silent giggle could be heard from the end of the line making Khushi take in the meaning of her words.

Khushi - Di! I didn't mean that what you're thinking.

Anjali - What am I a thinking?

Anjali asked in her ever so innocently voice to which Khushi pouted characteristically.

Khushi - Haan haan I know you're Arnavji's sister. You brother sister duo always keep teasing me. But let me inform you, your Chote had a Pizza and slept.

Anjali - Accha, that's very bad.

Khushi - Leave him. How are all at home? How is Naniji doing? And Mamiji-

Anjali - Everyone is all fine and healthy. But we're all missing you both.

* * *

"You were awake the whole night?"

She didn't say anything and just walked over to her dressing corner where she applied some moisturizing cream on her face and lipstick. He walked over to her and looked at her through the full body mirror.

Arnav - Khush, what happened? Why couldn't you sleep the whole night? Tum theek toh ho na?

Khushi - Don't you "Khush" me! And what does it matter to you if I'm fine or not? You keep up with your sound sleep.

Arnav - Ya, I had a tiring day at office. But still you could have woken me up.

Khushi - Let it be. You just focus on your work. I am not that important.

He rolled his eyes placing his hands on his hips. Here she goes again with her emotional blackmail. Can't she just directly say she want his attention?

Arnav -Woh toh hai, you aren't that important.

She was just to apply Sindoor when she stopped and looked at him. He smiled a bit coming further, took a pinch and applied it on her partition.

Arnav - You're just my wife.

She made a face as he kissed her cheek and went back to the cupboard to wear take out his blazer and tie.

Arnav - I promise, I'll sleep after you only today. In fact I'll come home a bit earlier and we'll go out for dinner.

She turned and almost ran towards him like an overexcited child.

Khushi - Really?

Arnav - Yes. Be ready in the evening.

She hugged him in content and kissed his cheeks before parting to run down.

Khushi - I'll make your favorite pancakes today.

* * *

"After so many days we spent some quality time together and talked about things."

She joined him in bed after changing and brushing her hair. She rested her head on his chest as he held her in his arms laying on the bed.

Arnav - Now tell me, why couldn't you sleep yesterday?

Khushi - I don't know. Just got no sleep. But leave that, am fine now and very happy. In fact tired too. I'll get sleep today.

Arnav - Still, I'll make sure you get proper sleep today.

Khushi - And how will you do that?

After living with him for years, she knew very well what he meant yet asked for fun and his reaction. She wants him to tease her as he usually does.

Arnav - Well, I have a genie in my pocket that can achieve lots.

She gasped but blushed on the same time smacking him. He smirked as she buried her face in the crook of his neck. He pulled her chin a little to have her look at him.

Arnav - You'll be pleasured and tired both at the same time. It'll grant a peaceful sleep.

Khushi - You're so shameless Mr. Raizada.

Arnav - Tell me you don't want it.

Khushi - I don't lie.

She bit her lips going all red and keeping her lashes lowered all time. He smiled and placed sweet kiss on her nose before locking his lips with hers.

* * *

"Arnavji....Arnavji, I can't sleep again."

He frowned and opened his eyes slowly to see Khushi hovering above him and staring right into his eyes.

Arnav - Khushi? You're awake? You had fallen asleep but!

He rubbed his eyes a bit to avoid falling asleep. She sat up straight which had him too do the same.

Khushi - Yes. I had fallen asleep but I woke up again. I even ate some Jalebis, but still can't sleep. I tried for half hour to close my eyes but in vain.

Arnav - Okay, I guess you're seriously bothered about something. Tell me, is there anything you have been disturbed about lately?

She thinned her lips looking away. He kept his hand on her shoulder.

Arnav - Tell me.

Khushi - Actually yes. And I've been thinking about it all time. But I can't tell you, you'll laugh at me or maybe even get angry.

He stared her all sceptical now. If she fears he'll get angry, there are high chances it is something for him to get angry on. But what could she have done that she's become sleepless and he'd get angry on?

Arnav - Blurt it out.

Khushi - Woh...um, you know the serial I always watch...

Arnav - Ya. But what does it have to do with your insomnia?

Khushi - It has ended and I am too disturbed, feel so lonely and sad. I can't stop thinking about it. I love it too much, never wanted it to end.

She looked at him as he kept up his stern face and just blinked few times. She didn't know if that was the calmness before the big storm or if he has no idea how to react to her stupidity.

Arnav - I...am not even surprised about it. I was always convinced that there's something wrong with your brain. In fact you don't even have one. But this is just-

Khushi - I knew it!!! You'll scold me. Only because you told me in the morning, I woke up, but forget it. Get back to sleep Arnavji.

She got up wearing her silk robe and went down to the kitchen. He took a long sigh. Was she really serious? Disturbed and sleepless for a show went off air?

But she put him in a dilemma now. Should he get back to sleep or go behind her? How much ever crazy she is, he loves her and she's upset at the moment.

* * *

"You know you're one of your kind."

She looked at him through the corner of her eyes as he put his arms around her waist coming from behind. He smiled at her adorable pout. She said nothing but he understood everything. He left her coming right beside her and picked the tweezer from the countertop. Without exchanging any words, he put those cooked pretzels in the syrup and then into the plate. He took one of them and brought it to her lips just to be stopped by a concerned Khushi.

Khushi - No! These are sweet. If you want to eat, I'll make sugar free ones for you.

He just responded with a grin and fed her the Jalebi he was holding.

Arnav - Actually, you eat these. I want to eat something else.

She raised her brows innocently to which he smirked.

Arnav - My crazy Khushi.

She went all red by his reply to her silent question and holding her plate, she walked towards the french windows of their living room.

Khushi - No. Let's gaze at the stars. I want to complain about you to our parents.

Arnav - Good idea, you complain about me first and then we'll relive our first time.

He's not that great with words and he doesn't know how else to lift her mood other than trying to distract her with such comments.

Khushi - Shut up Arnavji! Have some shame. Here I'm upset and you're having just that one thing in your mind as always.

He took a seat on the recliner with her in his lap and wrapped his arms around her.

Arnav - I'm sorry, I really don't know how to lighten your mood because your favorite show is going off air. But I am always here to listen to you and love you.

Khushi - I love you the most when you say such romantic things.

Arnav - And I love you the most when you're wearing no clo-

She put a finger on his lips nodding in denial and smiled pecking them.

Khushi - No. Don't spoil this moment. I just want you to hold me in your arms and talk about good, romantic things.

Arnav - Like?

Khushi - Like, um' praise me. Tell me what all you like about me...And don't give me that look, I don't mean that! Nothing vulgar.

Arnav - What is left to praise then?

Khushi - Hawww

Her jaw dropped at his rhetorical question and she smacked his chest flaring her nose. He chuckled and stuffed a Jalebi into her mouth.

Khushi - I won't leave you Laad Governor.

She stood up and kept the plate of Jalebis on the table to chase her laughing husband who was now running to escape from her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 6.5K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
413K 13K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...
448K 15.6K 29
(IPKKND AU) In love with his brother-in-law's mistress, Arnav Singh Raizada is torn between his duties as a brother and his feelings for a woman who...
150K 5.6K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...