London Chronicle✔

By MrsASR

:::COMPLETED::: What happens when our very own desi girl Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada would have to move... More

Part 1: Homesick
Part 2: Khushi's Day Out
Part 3: Khushi's Day Out 2.0
Part 4: Sweet Weekend
Part 5: Sick Leave
Part 6: When Two Worlds Collide
Part 8: Aftermath
Part 9: After A Break
Part 10: The Musical
Part 11: A Bitter Surprise
Part 12: Sleepless
Part 13: Love Your Next
Part 14: Supermarket
Part 15: What Bothers Her
Part 16: Game of Egos
Part 17: The Test
Part 18: The Final One

Part 7: Party

7.1K 334 5
By MrsASR

Yeh duniyaaaa, yeh duniya pittal di, yeh duniya pittal di..

Ho baby doll main sone di..ho baby doll main sone di

"As much I love to see you dancing in a towel-"

He couldn't even complete his words when he had to move towards the bed to catch his falling wife into his arms.

Khushi - Arnavji! You scared me. Why were you watching me like that?

Arnav - I just entered and had the privilege of watching my wife dance on the bed wrapped in just a towel. Something, which never happened in Shantivan.

Khushi - Because in Shantivan anyone could come at anytime. While here I am alone and I know, the only other who could walk in are you, my hubby.

A pleasant smile crept up on his lips at her pout. With each passing day, she just makes him fall in love with him more and more. She moved her legs in the air motioning to keep her down. He carefully placed her on the bed and straightened himself to strip out of his tie and waistcoat while she walked over to the full length mirror to do her makeup.

Arnav - I called you an hour ago and told you to get ready. What were you doing?

Khushi - I took a romantic bubble bath-

Arnav - A romantic bath without me?

She giggled as he stood there with his hands kept on his hips eyeing her through the mirror.

Khushi - Then what else? You are always so busy with work. After that weekend we spent together, you didn't have any time. Even your Sundays are reserved for work.

Arnav - Well, without that same work I wouldn't have been able to get in a partnership with one of Europe's most reputed-

Khushi - I know. After losing the deal because of me, you grabbed a better one. And this party is for celebration.

He smiled nodding while taking his clothes from cupboard.

Arnav - So you took a bath for a whole hour!

Khushi- No. Then I played some songs to listen to while getting ready but-

Arnav - But you started dancing.

She stopped applying the eyeshadow and bit her tongue looking at him through the mirror. He chuckled at her going to the washroom.

* * *

"How am I looking?"

He turned to see his ladylove cladded in a wine red colored sleeveless top reaching her navel paired with a shining floor length golden skirt. A messy updo with few curls falling out and a perfectly matching minimal makeup with an intensifying touch of the wine red lipstick completed the overall look.

He finally released the breath stuck in his throat as the queen of his heart walked downstairs with such grace. He'd gotten the dress for her from AR's latest and most expensive collection. She'd insisted on wearing something Indian to which he had asked her to tell one difference between this outfit and the lehenga choli she wears.

Khushi - Am I looking so bad that you can't even say anything?

Arnav - I'm speechless, you're looking that good!

Just as she approached him, her slightly pinkish painted cheeks turned crimson red for real at her husband's comment. His intense stare didn't help it.

Khushi - Arnavji, will you keep looking at me all night or will we go to the party too?

Arnav - How about we go back up to the bedroom and spend some quality time with each other?

His hand went around her waist and he pulled her onto his chest making her widen her eyes and drop her jawline.

Khushi - What are you doing? It took me over an hour to get ready and you want to ruin my efforts? No way, leave me.

Arnav - If attending the party wasn't that important, I would have taken you right here, right now.

Khushi - Stop being so shameless Arnavji. Leave me and let's go.

She hit him on the chest lightly giving him a deadly look. He chuckled releasing her and brought her hand up to his mouth placing a feather light kiss on it. An instant smile appeared on her face by his small gesture.

Khushi - Laad Governor kahin ke!

Arnav - How many times did I ask you not to call me Laad Governor?

Irritation took its respective place on his nose again to which Khushi replied with a pout while adjusting the small gold colored netted veil that was hooked around her elbows. She had combined it with the outfit herself for an Indian touch.

Khushi - And how many times have I told you it's my pet name for you. You too call me Khush sometimes, do I scold you for you waste the I in my name?

Arnav - Ok fine. But-

Khushi - I know. No Laad Governor in front of other people. Only in private. Itni akkal hai hum mein!

Arnav - I highly doubt it!

Khushi - What the!

He walked out of the door leaving a mad Khushi behind with her mouth hung wide open.

* * *

"Hey Devi Maiyya. Look at all these beautiful girls there and here I am!"

Arnav - Khushi, you're looking damn beautiful. To me you're the most beautiful woman on this whole world.

She held his arm, smiling genuinely as they walked over to a reserved table halting in between to exchange greetings.

Khushi - Who are all these people?

Acting like the gentleman he was, he pulled a chair for his lady to sit and took a seat opposite to her.

Arnav - International models, well-known business people, designers and also employees of both the companies. And uninvited Paparazzis.

Khushi - This seems a huge project.

Arnav - It is actually!

Waiter - May I offer you some drinks?

Khushi looked at the tray the waiter was holding. They all seemed to be alcoholic drinks. Arnav accepted a glass of wine and asked for a virgin pinã colada for his wife.

Just as the waiter left, two other couples joined them on the table. Arnav introduced all to each other. Mr Lambert waved at Arnav from two tables afar walking towards their table.

Arnav - Khushi, I'll just come. I'll just meet Mr. Lambert.

Khushi - Ji, come back soon.

He excused himself and then went over to being introduced to some important people in Mr. Lambert's company.

* * *

"Arnavji, I'm leaving."

Holding a drink in his hand, he turned his back to the laughing entrepreneur's circle and excused himself upon seeing his wife.

Arnav - Khushi, what happened?

Khushi - I want to go home.

Arnav - Why? What happened? Did someone say something?

Khushi - No. Nobody said something. I've been sitting at the table and playing games on my phone since hours now. You excused yourself for few minutes and didn't appear since then.

Arnav - Ya, it's a party. Talk to people, eat something.

Khushi - I know nobody here, whom do I talk to? And how? All talk in so fast English. As if they don't complete their sentence in a second, they'll be killed or something.

She made a face in annoyance. The party had been going great, she had been introduced to a lot of people by Arnav. But unfortunately some people were not friendly by nature and for some an interest and language conflicts came in her way. She couldn't gossip about the latest affairs of fashion world in English. And the few Indians present didn't really show any interest in socialising with her.

Arnav - Okay relax. If you feel uncomfortable with other people, am here. Stay with me.

She sighed dropping her shoulders. Listen to business and work related things was not how she thought this party would be.

* * *

"Arnavji, it's past 2 now. Let's go home. Am tired."

She leaned against his arm keeping her hair on his shoulder. Although he had a great time at the party, Khushi had spent most of the evening all bored. To him party meant some cultural programme and socialising. For desi Khushi a party meant dance on Bollywood songs, Jalebis and Lassi. So he understood it completely if she wanted to go back home now.

Arnav - Okay, we'll leave. I'll just bid bye to Mr. Lambert's team.

They just started walking when a tall and skinny girl in a nude mini came in front of them.

Maya - ASR!

Arnav - Maya!?

He looked at Khushi through the corner of his eyes who smiled at Maya genuinely. Once she gets to know who this girl is, well, he doesn't know what she'll do then. That won't end well for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 6.6K 20
How far can love take someone, how better love can make someone...
27.8K 1.4K 5
🔖Highest rank #202(5/4/17) in Short Story 🔖#335 in romance(11/5/17)👈 We heard many people say,"Love is blind" Is it really blind? Can it possible...
448K 15.6K 29
(IPKKND AU) In love with his brother-in-law's mistress, Arnav Singh Raizada is torn between his duties as a brother and his feelings for a woman who...
138K 5.2K 9
Arnav is being forced to meet a girl named Khushi for marriage. After a lot of emotional blackmailing he agrees to meet her. Will this be love at f...