London Chronicle✔

By MrsASR

:::COMPLETED::: What happens when our very own desi girl Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada would have to move... More

Part 2: Khushi's Day Out
Part 3: Khushi's Day Out 2.0
Part 4: Sweet Weekend
Part 5: Sick Leave
Part 6: When Two Worlds Collide
Part 7: Party
Part 8: Aftermath
Part 9: After A Break
Part 10: The Musical
Part 11: A Bitter Surprise
Part 12: Sleepless
Part 13: Love Your Next
Part 14: Supermarket
Part 15: What Bothers Her
Part 16: Game of Egos
Part 17: The Test
Part 18: The Final One

Part 1: Homesick

12.6K 468 26
By MrsASR

"Chalo Maiya ke Bhawan, Bhawan, BHAWAN. Chalo Maiya ke Bhawan, Bhawan-"

"What the!"

He got up with a jerk turning the alarm off and stared his phone for a moment. That was certainly not his usual alarm tone. But of course he knew who was to be blamed: the crazy girl sleeping right next to him.

She was also up in the meanwhile and stretching herself, only to let herself loose after a yawn again. He'd turned to her with the intention of scolding her but Khushi never failed to mesmerize him by her morning beauty. Even when she was wearing no makeup at all, she looked as much or even more wonderful and breathtaking. Even after few years of living together, every morning he finds himself admiring her again.

He came to his senses only as she opened the curtains letting the sun rays shine in through the windows that hit him in the face. He closed his eyes looking away and took a deep breathe.

Khushi - Don't you wanna get up?

He stood up and met her eyes with a glare as she started making the bed to which she raised her brows. The first day and he was already on to getting angry at her?

Arnav - Why did you change the alarm tone?

Khushi - I just thought, our first day should start with Devi Maiya's blessings.

Arnav - And a fight?

Khushi - You always seek for reasons to fight with me, isn't it? Is that why you got me here? So you can fight with me all the time without someone else intervening? Of course, after all no Di and Nani here to side with me and you can do whatever you want.

She kept her hands on her hips pouting in her dramatical way. He rolled his eyes not ready for a melodrama in the very first morning already, so kept quiet and made his way to the washroom.

Khushi opened the window to have a look of the city they are to live in for a year now. She closed her eyes breathing in the cool fresh air. In comparison to Delhi's burning heat, it's quite cold here in London. So she closed the window again rubbing her palms together.

Arnav - Are you freezing?

She turned to realize he had returned from the washroom and was now searching through the suitcase. They arrived in the evening yesterday and were too tired afterwards to even unpack. Having to spread fresh sheets on the bed and making it in general so they could finally sleep was the only thing they could get themselves to do.

Arnav - Turn the heater on.

He said pointing to the white heating system right below the window. But she denied walking over to him.

Khushi - No. Just felt sudden cold wind. It's better inside.

Arnav - London's spring is not as warm as Delhi's. It'll be sunny but windy.

Khushi - Ajeeb hai. (That's weird) Still Lucknow is best.

He frowned his brows looking at her in amusement. From where does Lucknow come now? But he didn't question it. There could be anything going into his crazy wife's mind. And questioning further may result into her missing home more. The ladies cried for an hour or so when it was time to leave. It was really hard for Khushi to bid bye to both their families and come to London with him. And he knew the first few days and weeks won't be easy for her.

* * *

Khushi - You thought of arranging everything before we arrive but forgot the most important thing.

Arnav - What?

Khushi - Food. Am hungry.

He chuckled as she rubbed her tummy with a cute pout on her face. It could be possible that she loves food as much as him or even more.

Arnav - I didn't have food arranged purposely.

Khushi - What? Why? Do you think a furniture, electricity, vessels etc are more important than food? We had a roof over the head, I could have managed with everything as long as there's food. You know I can't bear hunger.

Arnav - I know Khushi. We'll go to the supermarket and get the groceries.

Khushi - I can't be hungry for that long. Can't we borrow a bit from neighbours?

Arnav - This is not India. The neighbours here don't necessarily want to be friends with you and don't lend things to people they don't know.

Khushi - Strange foreigners and their strange neighbourhood culture. But I need to eat something.

He walked over to her in the open kitchen where she stood hanging her shoulders low. She raised her eyes to look at him as he held her waist standing in front of her smirking.

Arnav - Eat me.

Khushi - Don't you even try. Am hungry. And besides, you too have to eat something now. You haven't eaten anything since we arrived. And your medicine-

Arnav - I know. Let's go out and have some breakfast.

Khushi - Indian breakfast.

Arnav - Khushi, for that we'll have to drive into the city. It's better we go to some nearby café and have breakfast, before you faint.

Khushi - You're diabetic, not me. It's you who'll faint. And there's not even sugar at home.

Arnav - Don't worry about me. It's you who faints even at a mosquito bites.

Khushi - What the.

* * *

Arnav - Why aren't you eating?

She turned her gaze from the cheese sandwich (the only vegetarian option, everything else contained egg) to her husband who just took a bite of his grilled omelette sandwich. He'd ordered it for himself with a black coffee and a cheese sandwich with tea for Khushi.

Khushi - Don't they have some parathas or puri? Anything Indian?

Arnav - The sandwich is not as bad as you think. Try it.

She took the sandwich half-hearted and took a bit only to chew it with struggles. She gulped the sandwich down with tea, all the time making faces he couldn't stop chuckling on.

And once done, she saw a piece of cake being served to a customer.

Khushi - Hawww, Arnavji, they have cakes too. I want one.

Arnav - They contain egg.

Khushi - Order eggless cake na.

Arnav - Only vegan shops have eggless cakes here.

She looked at him with sad and disappointed eyes now.

Khushi - I don't like this London. They do egg in everything. I can't eat anything here. I want to go back to India. No Parathas, Poori, Dosa, Gol Gappe. How will I live here?

She said later on sitting in the car and he couldn't help but feel upset seeing her sad. He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

Khushi - You ate eggs. I hope you washed your hands.

Arnav - Of course I did.

She nodded just. The dark dressed any same looking crowds, the cloudy and sulky weather, the silent streets depressed her. She missed their families. She missed the food. She missed Delhi.

The car stopped and she looked up expecting them to be back at their apartments but it was some other unknown place. Maybe the supermarket, they have to purchase groceries yet.

Arnav opened the passenger's door and helped her off.

Arnav - Come.

She went with him holding his hand and her eyes widened at seeing an Indian restaurant. Her face immediately lit up.

It gave him so much content to see her happy. She'd immediately got friendly with the restaurant staff and ate Chole Bhature with mango Lassi like there was no tomorrow.

Sometimes he felt he hasn't married an adult woman but a five years old girl. And yet if he had to, he'd choose to marry this girl again and again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 6.6K 23
Justice, or khushi's journey. Khushi who had been born and brought up in a very wealthy family, she was loved by all, she was happy.. but her destin...
172K 9.4K 29
(Cover credit: naughty_breeze) Due to a situation Khushi had to leave Raizada mansion. Now after five years Arnav met Khushi. But she is not the Khus...
326K 14.7K 37
Khushi Kumari Gupta's love for business compelled her to marry Arnav Singh Raizada...a mature and equally strong person. Although after marrying Khus...
509K 25.6K 55
A beautiful love story of Arnav and Kushi who got married in an most unexpected way.....