III: The Redemption (Complete...

By writtenbytee

MUST READ KEEPING SECRETS & THE REVELATION FIRST!! Nothing lasts forever, while somethings never change. Ho... More

Disclaimer
Copyright
Visuals Are Back
1. First Day of School
2. The New Boy In Town
3. Mine
4. Major Changes
5. Friend or Foe?
6. Baby Fever
7. Literally, Lit
8. Fashion Industry
9. Family over Everything
10. Movin' On Up
11. You Aint Seen Crazy Yet
12. One Less Thing To Worry About
13. Return to Sender
14: Then & Now
14 & A Half: Revenge
15: Personal
16: Anything For You
17: Beyond What You See
18: Puzzle Pieces
19: Promise to Protect
20: man to Man
21: Should've Been Me
23: Another Side of You
24: For The Last Time
25: Dove
Epilogue : Lesson & Blessings

22: A Loss

6.9K 383 142
By writtenbytee

Samantha King

I didn't get the time to even recover or enjoy my father's release. Nor did I get the chance to tell him how much I hated him for the things he did to me, the way he made me felt and most importantly how he broke my heart. I wanted him to pay for the pain I felt, and the humiliation but instead of getting the chance to be bitter and get back at him; I was stuck here playing the good wife to a man that put me through hell for the last year.

We were going onto our fourth day after the big incident and I hadn't left the hospital or his bed side once. Friends and family filled up the room day in and day out, but I didn't move an inch. Like the stupid lovestruck idiot I was; I sat there waiting for good news.

Alonzo was alert, but he wasn't responsive. The doctors told me that he was poisoned, apparently one of the most disturbing cases they had seen; unlike most cases it was his lungs that were contaminated. I don't know how but whoever was behind it, was an evil genius they said. With that being said and this case being so rare, they were trying everything they could but couldn't figure out why nothing was turning around for him.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Elise chanted while pulling on my arm, I rolled my tired eyes and looked over down at her.

"What is it Elise?"

"When are we going to be able to talk to daddy? I miss him." She leaned her head against my shoulder and my heart broke. I looked ahead of me to see Alonzo hooked up to machines and IVs. It had been his third day here, and it seemed as if there was no progression at all.

"Soon baby girl, daddy's just resting for now."

"Can we wake him up? I want to tell him about my school concert next week."

"When he wakes up, I'll be sure to tell him okay." As I spoke, I looked up to see the room door crack open and my dad pop his head in. "Finally, you're back. I need you to watch the kids while I go call up some more lawyers."

Nya and Rochelle had gone home for the day to change and get some rest, meanwhile my father and I stayed for the night shift with the kids. After everything that happened, I didn't want them out of my site.

"How about you eat something first?" He suggested, walking over to me with a tray of lemonade from Wendy's and a couple bags that looked like they were filled with snacks hanging around his wrist. "Along with getting some rest?" he added, placing the drinks onto the side table and handing Elise hers.

"I really can't sleep while going through this."

"I understand, but remember you've been through trauma too and need to process it as well. I'm here to help and Rochelle will be here in a few. I'm sure that a nap won't hurt."

"I need to monitor him dad, I don't think you understand how critical his situation is."

"I'm aware baby girl." He plopped down in the chair next to me and rested his hand on my shoulder. "But self care is necessary, you'll burn out going at that pace." Carter began to cry and reached for him in his car seat but my dad stopped me. "Let me help, just relax."

I did as I was told, and leaned back looking over at a sleeping Alonzo. I sighed, resting my cheek against my hand. "I'm waiting for these stupid police to come and remove these off him. How can they expect him to recover in this state?" I asked pointing down at his hand that was handcuffed to his hospital bed. Due to his warrant, his progress was being monitored and reported to the Toronto Police, the moment he recovered was the moment he would be processed and sent to jail for something I was sure he didn't do.

"You know the system doesn't care, they just want him behind bars."

"And I won't let it happen. I've been calling Isaiah and Simone for days now and they haven't responded to a single one, nor my messages."

"That's fishy..."

"Exactly and I can't be waiting on them." I said arising from my seat. "Not to mention that I haven't heard a word from Eazy. I'm sure he's going to kill me if I don't let him know what's goi-. You know what? Just watch them, I'll be back soon."

"Before you go..." he dug into his pockets and pulled a little baggy out, placing it into my palm.

"What's this?"

"Your friend Claudia, she stopped by earlier but didn't feel right coming in to give it to you."

I opened up the bag, and pulled out my necklace along with my wedding ring. Two things I didn't think I'd ever see again. "Thanks dad." I put them on and I stepped out of the room with Elise's iPad that I had been using to look up some numbers that I needed. Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten my phone back as yet, nor did I have the time to go out and get one since I was stuck here.

I got to the nurse's station, and due to them having to deal with me for the past few days; she already knew what I was coming for. The lady turned the phone to me, and gave me a small smile. "It's all yours."

"Thank you so much." I placed the iPad on top of the table and opened up the first link I had bookmarked. I dialed the number into the phone and rested my hand against my waist, waiting for it to ring.

"You have reached Frank and Tulsa's Law Firm. We appreciate every single call that comes in and guarantee that with us you'll never fail. Unfortunately, our offices are closed Friday - Sunday but if you leave us a brief message we will be sure to get back to you; first thing Monday morning. Thank you and leave a message at the t-." I hung up the phone, shaking my head and opened up another link. This time the phone number was no longer in service.

I stood on the phone, speaking to different people; comparing the prices as well as the experience; it was something that he had taught me a year into our marriage. Alonzo told me that if anything like this was to happen, he kept a little something in one of his accounts for me to make sure he had a good lawyer, and that was exactly what I was about to do.

I finished up what I was doing, and made a few notes that I'd consult my dad about first, before hanging up and thanking the nurse for help.

"You good Samantha?" I turned on my heels to return back to Alonzo's room when I saw Nya strolling in with her friend Aaliyah and Rochelle. "Any updates?" she asked.

As a mother, I knew that Aaliyah was her only real one out of the circle she hung with. This situation made Nya finally come to that understanding of who was real and who was fake. Now; Jerome and Ashton were locked up but Natalia was no where to be found; not a call, a text, nothing. Throughout the past few days Aaliyah had been here for Nya, regardless of the hour, or the uncomfortable places they had to rest, Aaliyah hadn't left her side.

"Nothing as yet, still waiting."

"Has he woken up at least?" Rochelle questioned.

"He did a bit earlier but... still not responding."

"Ugh," she groaned. "You know... I always say how much I hate him, and how annoying he is, but now that he's... like this, I kind of re-."

"Regret it." I finished off her sentence, "I was the same with my dad, because he wasn't there for me. I became so bitter to the point where I wanted him dead for abandoning me, I know that was a harsh thought but I didn't care... I grew out of it and realized that like was just too short. Your dad is a good father Nya, he's just going through a phase that we have to experience the after shock off but you and I know that he would give away his last shirt, his last dollar and his last meal if he had to. A person can do a million and one good thing for us, and we let one bad thing cloud our memory of that."

"... Damn, you and Rocky sure know how to talk."

"The moral of the story is... that life is too short to hate your dad Ny, he needs you right now. More than anything." I laughed a bit at her joke, "now go inside and see him. I'll be there in a second."

"Alright." She waltzed off leaving Rochelle and I. I waited until her and Aaliyah were in the room before I sighed, and turned to my confidant. "Here you go." She said, giving me, an envelope filled with something I had asked her specifically to get.

"Thank you."

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

I nodded, and slipped the wedding ring Claudia had returned into the envelope to sit with the divorce papers that just needed his signature. "As soon as this is over, I'm going to do my own thing. I can't do this forever."

"And I applaud you but I know the real you... so I'm going to ask you again; is this what you want?"

"No, but it's what I need." I responded, "time to put myself and my kids first. Be my own, independent woman. I love Alonzo, but he doesn't love me and for that, I can no longer stay and be miserable."

"I understand, and you already know I'm supporting this decision 100%."

"Thanks boo."

"Anytime," she hugged me for a second then pulled away. "Now, any news?"

"No word from Isaiah, can't find a decent lawyer to represent him. No one wants someone with that much of a history, and the ones that do say the most they will be able to do is get him a lighter sentence."

"But he's innocent."

"Exactly." Frustrated, I ran my fingers through my hair. "You know Isaiah lives for cases like this. Most lawyers around here wanna play it safe to protect their rep."

"Which is why, we need him."

"We really do, but I don't know how to get a hold of him."

"Well, you already know that I'm an on-sight type of girl so I'll be right back." She said while walking backwards.

"Where are you going Ro?"

"To handle business, duh."

She waved goodbye and I smiled to myself; Rochelle was pretty crazy but she definitely knew how to get the job done. I tucked the iPad under my arm and turned around, to see... her.

My eyes widened, the nightmare I once had was right here... standing in front of me. This woman looked a lot different now; she didn't seem to age, but was much slimmer, less kept together, way different from what I expected. Matter of fact, I never thought I'd see her ever again. But obviously I thought wrong.

Rosalie, Eazy's mother stood by a doctor at the end of the hallway; nodding at whatever it is that she was telling her. I watched her wipe her eyes before nodding again and taking the clipboard into her hand, she scribbled something, handed it back then looked up to stare right back at me. Her expression however, wasn't what I was expecting. Rosalie busted out into tears, nearly falling over.

I stood in disbelief for a moment, as the doctor held her up and called for back up. I should've turned around and headed back into the room where I belonged, but being the person, I was... I felt my feet carrying me over to her side. "I got her." I said to the doctor. I wrapped my arms around her body, and held her up so she could cry on my shoulder. I ran my hand against her back and shushed her as I did with Carter. The doctors back away slowly, leaving the two of us there in that hallway.

I continued to comfort her for about five minutes until I felt someone rest their hand against my back. "I'll take it from here." The soft voice said. I looked up, this time to see Charlotte who stood there with a man standing behind her like a body guard or something. She, being another person, I didn't think I'd ever see again. My body grew tense just seeing her, but the moment I took in her demeanor I knew that it wasn't what I thought it was. Charlotte's eyes were puffy and her nose was red, it was clear that she had been crying for quite some time. "Samantha..."

"Charlotte?" Rosalie seemed to be a bit more stable, so I let her go and ran my sweaty palms against my jeans.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that," I responded. "Is... is everything alright?" I asked, afraid to hear the answer.

Rosalie wiped her nose with the back of her head and just shook her head, her lips quivered and slowly she barely let out the words. "He's. Dead."

"Who's dead?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ezekiel." Charlotte answered, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and sniffled.

"No, you're joking." I smirked, "That's impossible... I just saw him a few days ago. That can't be possible. How? ... I know you're joking."

Charlotte Evans

"I wish we were, my fiancée here is his emergency contact. They called us and we took the first flight out here, he was in critical condition when we got here but the moment Andres, Skye and his husband made it down, he took his last breath..." I wiped away my tears and held my head down. "I... I just don't know why."

"Neither do I." Travis said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my body into his. "But he's in a better place now." too choked up to talk, I just nodded.

I know I was determined to leave Atlanta, but I didn't want to leave for this moment right here. We had gotten the call a few hours after my brother's last call to me and literally used everything in Travis' back account to get down here on the earliest flight. We weren't sure how we were going to survive after this but I needed to be by Eazy's side.

At first, I didn't know why I was here, I didn't know why I cared so much. Throughout the plane ride; I realized that deep down I wanted to hate him so bad, I felt like a slave under his care. I knew I wasn't the best person but no one deserved what I went through. I had words I wanted to tell him, words that could send me to hell, but in the midst of those same words... was thank you. That plane ride also opened my eyes to the fact that through this process I was able to get rid of that hurt and that anger, I was able to become a better person. I hadn't known who I was for the longest time, stuck behind characters and who the media wanted me to be but I wasn't Charlotte. I didn't know who Charlotte was, until I was able to cleanse myself and realize that there was more to life than just the materialistic.

I was able to experience not being able to have everything I wanted, I was able to realize that I wanted kids from spending time with Andres, I was able to cry out all my hurt from losing my father, as well as forgive myself for the part I had in it, but through it all... I was able to finally experience love and not love for the things I had, my name or the money but for me... at my lowest state. I was finally... free, and not just physically but emotionally, mentally and spiritually free to be Charlotte.

"Is Alonzo here? I'm sure he would want to know." Rosalie spoke up, and just hearing that name for the first time in a long time caused my heart to skip a beat. Reminding me of a past, that I wanted more than ever to forget.

"Uh... yeah, he's actually been here for a few days now."

"What happened to him?" Travis asked.

"He got into a bit of an altercation, the life he lives... finally caught up to him."

"Do you mind, if I see him?" I blurted out a little too fast, "I mean, I would love to just ... apologize. I want to apologize to you as well, for everything that I've done."

"You really don't have to do that."

"No, I really do need to." I felt my eyes well with tears as I looked into the room where my brother once laid before being brought down to the morgue.

"Alonzo's still sleeping but, if it'll make you feel better especially right now... you can come"

"I don't think I can see him like that, especially not right now." Said Rosalie.

"Understandable, babe can you stay with her please?" I asked Travis who of course, said yes.

Samantha was hesitant, and I could see it but she gestured for me to follow her. We walked in silence until we got to the door that she opened, and stepped in before me. "Ignore the mess, we've been staying here for quite some time now. This is my dad, our family friend Aaliyah and my children; Nya, Elise and Carter."

"Oh... I remember Nya." I smiled, and waved at the girl that had grown into all her features, she was so beautiful and had style that could kill.

"Oh... my... goodness... you're Charlotte? Charlotte Evans? The Charlotte Evans, remembers me?" her hands shook as she unlocked her phone, and her friend beside her was just dying to scream. "I-I-I need a picture. I knew you were uncle E's sister and all but I never got to meet you!"

"Ny, this isn't the time." Samantha said, trying to get her to calm down.

"Aint you the one that just told me life is too short?"

"Yes, I did but in this certain situation your picture can wait. Put the phone down."

"It'll take no longer than a second, I'm always camera ready. I promise." Nya stood to her feet and made her way over to me but Sam stepped in front of her. "C'mon Sam, just let me be great."

"Be great on another day, Charlotte can't handle that right now."

"She's a celebrity, she's built for these things. Why wouldn't she be able to handle it?"

"Nya! Just sit down!"

"But Samantha!" Nya whined, "I need this picture to make my life."

"Ny, Charlotte just lost her brother okay? She doesn't want to take a picture with you. Now go sit down for a minute and let her do what she's gotta do." Samantha sucked her teeth, "you need to learn when to just listen, for once!"

Nya looked upon Sam then looked over at me, shaking her head. The phone she had in her hand slipped out and dropped to the floor as she used both of her hands to cup her mouth. "Not uncle E." she said, with her words muffled.

"Unfortunately." I let out, rubbing my burning chest as I tried so hard to not cry.

"But how? We were just with him. I knew he was only here for a couple days so I thought he had gone back home for an emergency or something"

"I wish that was the case." I faked a smile, and attempted to ignore the eyes of everyone in the room that was now staring at me.

"... who's dead and why the hell is she here?" the voice was low. My brows narrowed as I looked around the room to see who it was that was sleeping.

"Daddy?" Elise, jumped up saying and bringing our attention over to the bed.

Alonzo had removed his mask; his eyes were still closed and his face as pale as it could be. "Alonzo?" Sam sat next to him on the bed and rested her hand against his cheek. "Ny go get a doctor!" she commanded.

"I said, who's dead and why the hell is she here?" he asked once again, this time opening his eyes and looking straight at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.4K 33
- Three years have passed and with time things do change, yet something's never do. True love, trust and family are things that stand the test of tim...
792K 23.5K 56
SOBxRBE- Keep It On The Real All Rights Reserved 2018 © I do not own the rights to any song added in the multimedia.
22K 1.9K 54
[Book Two] Truths are revealed, deceit unmasked and unfinished business dealt with. Features: @_RamiJones_ & @Beebaibee_doll [Unedited] Mature conten...
16.4K 759 48
They say blood 💁🏽‍♀️is thicker than water but I remember when water was here to clean up the mess that blood made.💯 Please check out my book vote...