My Cheerleader Has A Gun (gxg)

By maryrobins

Olivia Cox is your typical highschool student. She's wealthy, spoiled and of course the captain of school's c... More

Chapter 1 "Queen Bee"
Chapter 2 "Samantha Flynn"
Chapter 3 "Masked Girls"
Chapter 4 "Banged Up"
Chapter 5 "A Sudden Invitation"
Chapter 6 "Movie Night"
Chapter 7 "Suspicion"
Chapter 8 "Questions and Intruders"
Chapter 9 "Just Another Ordinary Day"
Chapter 10 "Her Soft Lips"
Chapter 12 "Trail"
Chapter 13 "A Little Space And A Kiss"
Chapter 14 "Complicated"
Chapter 15 "On A Mission"
Chapter 16 "Not Too Discreet"
Chapter 17 "The Bitch's Confession"
Chapter 18 "Little Plan"
Chapter 19 "A Little Bump Ahead"
Chapter 20 "Saving Sara"
Chapter 21 "In For A Surprise"
Chapter 22 "Guns Blazing"
Chapter 23 "Taken"
Chapter 24 "Confined"
Chapter 25 "In A Weak State"
Chapter 26 "Killed"
Chapter 27 "Let The Game Begin"
Chapter 28 "Trick or Threat"
Chapter 29 "Smooth Plan"
Chapter 30 "The Bitch's 'I Love You'"
Chapter 31 "Out On A Date"
Chapter 32 "Gun Game"
Chapter 33 "Blood Spilt"
Chapter 34 "In Distress"
Chapter 35 "Consequence"
Chapter 36 "Guilt"
Chapter 37 "Left Behind"
Chapter 38 "Deadlock"
Chapter 39 "Going In"
Chapter 40 "Fight To The End"
Chapter 41 "Survive"
Chapter 42 "The End Has Come"
Need Suggestions!! Another Story!
Redress (New Story)
Redress has been published!

Chapter 11 "Back To School"

15K 347 103
By maryrobins

Scarlett

I woke up earlier than usual and gently tucked the familiar weight of Liv's arm over my waist to her side. She stirred lightly and her nose crinkled for a second which made me smile. Slowly lifting myself up, I jogged towards the bathroom to start my daily routine. As soon as I got out from the bathroom, I changed into a white tee and ripped skinny jeans and put on a pair of black knee-high boots.

When I was done changing, I went downstairs to cook breakfast for Liv since I usually skipped breakfast and today was no different. While waiting for the waffles, I heard the faint ringing of the alarm clock upstairs. Sighing, I took off the apron and trotted upstairs straight to our room. As expected, Liv was still asleep, putting the pillow over her head as her body was almost on the edge of the bed. Walking around the bed to turn the alarm, I picked up the pillow covering her head and threw it.

"Liv, wake up, it's time for school," She groaned and slapped my hand shaking on her arm. "Liv, I'm warning you. Get up, I don't want to be late in our first day back." When she didn't move, I walked back downstairs towards the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, I filled it with water before going back upstairs. If she didn't want to wake up, then I would make her.

I hovered near her sleeping figure and with a smirk, I quickly poured all the content on the glass to her face. She gasped and immediately sat up while coughing.

"What the fuck!"

"Good morning! Time for school," I said cheerfully while grinning like an idiot to goad her even more. After wiping her face, she threw a murderous glare in my direction but before she could snap, I was already walking towards the door.

"Hey come back here, you...ugh!" She bellowed as I closed the door.

In the whole ten-minute ride, Liv refused to hold onto me while riding my bike and was pretty silent as she refused to talk to me. She was still mad about that little stunt I pulled earlier, which was, by the way, her fault. It didn't bother me though because I knew she would come around later. Once I parked our ride, she immediately got off without a word and strided towards the entrance. I quickly lifted my helmet off and got out of the bike before catching up to her side. She only gave me a sideglance then continued walking, not bothered by my presence or by the students who were looking at us since we arrived.

We walked until we reached the hallway and heard the bell rang for the first subject. I mentally sighed in relief and stopped in front of our classroom but when I thought Liv would enter first, I found her walking away and probably heading to the restroom.

"Ahh Liv, come on," I shouted before dragging myself to her direction.

"Where do you think you're going Ms. Flynn?" My ears perked up and I stopped on my tracks, turning to look at Mrs. Pierce.

"Um, restroom?"

"Ohhh I see. If I were you Ms. Flynn, I wouldn't want to be late considering your two-week absence. You and Ms. Cox have a lot to catch up on. Did you two agreed to be absent? It's unusual,"

I snorted, "Thanks for reminding me Mrs. Pierce but I'm afraid it's none of your business. I'll see you later," With a smile, I turned my back on her and walked towards the restroom, hoping to find Liv there.

I reached my destination in no time by speedwalking and found her just went out of the restroom, zipping her shoulder bag. She looked up then spotted me approaching, making her roll her eyes. I stopped on my tracks while she stomped on my direction. As I expected, she walked past me and I tried to grab her arm but I found her soft hand instead. I squeezed it while turning to look at her.

"I'm sorry," I said. Honestly, I didn't have any intention to apologize to her but knowing her, she would probably try to get away from me and I just couldn't risk it. Her deep blue eyes found mine as she gazed into me.

"Really?" she asked uncertainly.

"No,"

"Ugh, you..." She tried to pull away her hand but I gripped it firmer.

I sighed, "Ofcourse I meant it! I'm sorry," I mustered up a soft smile and after contemplating for a moment, her expression softened then her lips curled up into a smile. Knowing that was back to her usual self, I was about to pull my hand from hers but she held it firm and instead laced her fingers with mine. Looking at her, confused, all I got in return was her smile that was still written in her pretty face.

We started walking hand in hand which I didn't mind, given the few stares of few students lingering in the hallway, because it felt good holding her hand like this and somehow I didn't feel uncomfortable about it.

Halfway to our classroom, I heard a familiar voice called out my name. Turning to my back, I spotted Sara who was running towards us with a wide smile on her face and suddenly wrapped her arms around me which surprised me. My arms instinctively circled her body to steady her, letting go of Liv's hand in the process.

"Oh my God, I missed you. Where have you been? Where have you two been?"

"Um, I had to do something important. I don't know about Olivia though. Were you absent also?" I asked turning to Liv who seemed confused but seeing the left eyebrow I raised, she faintly nodded in understanding.

Turning to Sara, she mustered her usual bitchy face, "W-Well, I don't think you have to know what I had been doing Sara, we're not close." Sara just frowned at her remarks.

"I was just worried, you haven't been answering my calls or texts,"

I smiled at Sara, "Well my phone broke down but... I'm back now,"

"Okay lovers, it's time to go to class," Liv intefered with a hint of irritation in her voice. As much as I wanted to chat with Sara, Liv was right, we needed to get to class. Although I hated attending classes, but just to give justice to my cover, I should be present for the attendance. Yeah, just for the attendance.

"I'll see you at lunch Sara," I said and smiled to her before following Liv who was already walking ahead.

Since we entered the classroom, Mrs. Pierce's piercing glare rarely left either of us and it was like we were the focused of her anger the whole period. Ofcourse it didn't bother me, neither did to Liv since we both knew that she couldn't do anything about our absences, tardiness or our behaviors for the matter. Who would want to touch Liv when her parents were practically the lifeline of the school. Without them, many of the school's activities and programs wouldn't be recognized and achieved. And as for me, well, being a student was just part of the cover.

The morning classes went by faster than I thought and since I saw Sara earlier, I couldn't help but feel excited that we would be taking lunch together again because honestly, I missed hanging out with her. But before we proceeded to the cafeteria, I dragged Liv first to the library to get something from Violet. Since Violet was part of the protection plan now, she suggested that it would be best for her to be near us in case something might happen, even if that meant becoming the library circulation assistant.

"Why do we have to go to the library?" Liv mumbly asked.

"I have to get something from Violet,"

"And why would she be in the library? She isn't even a student or worker here,"

"See for yourself," I replied pointing towards the circulation desk where Violet was sitting. Based on Liv's angry expression, she didn't expect to see Violet here other than in our house. Sensing that we were approaching, Violet looked up from her computer and flashed a wide smile on my way.

"Hey beautiful," Violet greeted which made Liv rolled her eyes.

"Hey you, doing great in our first day?"

"Yeah, not bad. So you're here for the thing?"

I nodded, "Yep, is it done?"

"Absolutely," she answered enthusiastically while rummaging her bag, "Here," She handed me a small black box which I immediately shoved on my bag before Liv would see it, "Gosh, you're making me jealous right now!"

I chuckled while pinching her cheek, "Don't be. I'll see you in the house."

Linking my arm on the crook on Liv's arm who was standing impatiently, her hands on her hips, I pulled her towards the exit. Getting the thing back on my possession somehow brought a little joy in my heart that was why I was already in a good mood leaving the library.

"Do you really have to pinch her cheek like that?" Liv suddenly asked sounding irritated.

"Old habits die hard,"

By the time we reached the cafeteria, there was already a long line of students waiting for the food. It wasn't a big deal though, considering they would make way for Olivia. I immediately spotted Sara on our usual table, her back was onto us, but what surprised me was the person sitting across her. Elle. Making our way to the table, I hastily sat beside Sara who jolted in surprised. I heard Liv sighed beside me and limply sat beside Elle.

"You scared me blondie!," Sara playfully hit my arm.

"Blondie?"

She smirked and I pinched her cheek before I could even realize. Okay what's with the cheek pinching Scarlett? Liv must have seen what I did as her brows met. I smiled briefly to her before averting my attention to Elle who was awfully quiet.

"Hi Elle, it's nice to see you."

She smiled although it was brief, "You too Samantha,"

Liv cleared her throat causing for us to turned towards her, "I'm hungry! Come on Sca- I mean Sam, let's go get food," with that she promptly stood up and walked away. Smiling apologetically to the two girls, I excused myself and followed Liv who was already holding her plate of food while other students falling in line were watching her in annoyance. A perk of being the school's greatest bitch!

As much as I wanted to chat with Sara, I decided not to when I sensed the tension between Liv and Elle since we sat back. I also noticed Sara was unusually silent for my liking and barely touched her food. I was sure it wasn't because of the tension in the atmosphere, it was something else. And looking at her clearly, she seemed a little pale.

"Sara are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, just having a little headache,"

"Are you sure?" She nodded and smiled. I brought my hand to touch her forehead, "You're hot, are you sick?"

"Yeah it started last night. As much as I want to rest, I can't, I have a test later."

"Pssh, who cares about school," Liv mumbled, enough for us to hear. I narrowed my eyes on her and she just shrugged.

"Did you see the school doctor?"

"I will, later."

When the bell rang, we already parted ways and went to each of our classes. Well, I was about to enter the classroom when Liv dragged me to the restroom. Of course she would check herself first before going in, I forgot. Sighing, I unwillingly followed her inside the restroom and leaned against the wall while looking at her reflection. Why would she have to wear make up when she was beautiful without it?

While staring at her, she gazed into me through her reflection. She smirked then put her make up essentials to her bag.

"You like what you see?"

"You wish,"

"Aw, so rude," she said feigning hurt which made me chuckle. Remembering something, I pulled my bag in front and opened. I easily found the small black box, and took it out. While Liv was fixing her blonde curls, I cleared my throat to catch her attention. She looked at me through the mirrow and her brows knitted in confusion while eyeing the box in my hand. Walking beside her, I set down my bag on the sink and looked at her.

"Wha- You're not proposing, are you?" she asked in a strained voice. I choked back a laugh and bit my lower lip to calm me. Opening the box, I heard a faint gasp escaped her lips. Taking out the small black fitbit necklace, I made her face the mirror.

"May I?" All she could do was nod before brushing her hair on one shoulder. I slowly raised the necklace over her head until finally it rested on the middle of her chest. Looking at the necklace in her reflection, I smiled as it looked great on her. At the center of the fitbit were her initials formed in diamonds vertically which dazzled against the light. Perfect!

"It's beautiful," she mumbled, "But why give me this?"

"Let's just say...wherever you may be, I will always find you. So don't lose it, okay?"

"Thanks Scarlett, this means a lot to me," I felt my heart skipped a beat when she said it and I smiled feeling grateful that she appreciated it. We locked gazes for how long, I didn't know, until we were interrupted by two girls who just burst in. Grabbing my bag, I nodded at her and we got out of the restroom.

Sitting in boring discussions, I forced myself awake, even if my eyes were constantly drooping. It wasn't that I wanted to listen but because I liked to keep glancing at Liv who was doing the same as I often caught her looking at me.

For the last subject before the practice, Liv couldn't keep her excitement as she immediately stood up the moment the bell rang and went out leaving me chasing after her. After we changed, we went straight to the gym where everyone was already there because, ofcourse, we were late. Seeing the dancers' expressions, I could tell they were surprised and disappointed when they saw us striding in. Coach Brooks greeted us with a warm smile as usual but this time with questions about our sudden AWOL.

After explaining lies to coach, Liv switched to her bitchy practice mode and instructed the dancers to.recall the routine. Some groaned in frustration and others forced themselves to follow the commander's order.

The practice went on smoothly and ended later than usual but it was worth it since Liv had formulated new routines. It always amazed me how her brain worked when it came to cheerdancing.

"I'm beat," she murmured exhaustedly.

"Here," I handed her a bottle of water as we exited the gym heading towards our lockers. While we were on our way, I stopped in my tracks as I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Looking around, I saw some students were walking by and nothing seemed out of the ordinary but I was certain someone was watching us. Shaking my head, I walked up to Liv's side and held her arm. She threw a quizzical look at me and I smirked at her to mask the uneasiness in my expression.

We reached the locker room safely and I told Liv to change quickly while I sent a message to Violet before changing. Seven minutes later, we were already in the parking lot and when I was about to get on my back, I felt Liv tugged on my arm.

"Isn't that Sara?" I looked to where she was pointing and saw Sara leaning on her car with one hand on her head. Putting the helmet back, I nodded at Liv who just shrugged with a bored look. We walked towards Sara who was oblivious with us approaching.

"Sara!" I hollered. She looked up and her lips curled into a tired smile, "I thought you went home already, are you okay?"

She nodded, "I-I'm fine." Just to make sure, I touched her forehead and I quickly retracted my hand at the sudden sensation.

"Sara you're burning up! Did you go see the doctor?" I asked a little forceful.

She shook her head, "I didn't get the chance to. Something came up in the office and I had to help since the other assistant was absent. I just got out." I sighed and glanced at Liv beside me who was frowning while staring at Sara.

"I see. Well, I can't let you drive in that state, you should call your mom or dad to come pick you up."

"They're away for business, I'm all alone in the house,"

"What? So there's no-" I cut my sentence and thought of the situation instead. Honestly, I was pretty worried for Sara right now, seeing her in this open place, may put her in danger especially now as someone was following Liv and me. And it was bad enough that she was currently alone in their house and was sick.

After contemplating for a moment, I felt Liv squeezed my arm. Looking at her, I noticed she was slightly shaking her head with a narrow look on her eyes. I understood what she meant but after some thinking, I couldn't just let Sara live alone while she was sick and if I let her come with us, she would know that Liv and I were living together, she would probably ask questions and she would get tangle up with our mess or she was already tangled up with our mess.

"I should probably get going, I'll see you when I can Sam," With one last smile, Sara opened the car door but I pushed it shut midway so she looked at me, confusion written on her pale face.

"I can't let you drive..." I said slowly, "...and I can't let you stay in your house alone while you're sick. You're coming with us,"

"What?!" Liv and Sara shrieked at the same time.

"You can't be serious," Liv added.

"Us? You two live together?" Sara questioned. Okay so it would be an utter chaos if Liv and Sara would live in the same house but I couldn't really take back what I just said. My decision was final and it wasn't like Sara would live with us permanently, just a day or two depending on her state and by that time, hopefully her parents would be back.

"Okay, you two stop making those faces. My decision is final and yes Liv, I'm dead serious and Sara..." My eyes darted from Liv to Sara, "...Liv and I are staying at the same house."

"Gosh, I hate you right now Scar- Sam!" Liv hissed then rounded Sara's car and opened the passenger door.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked with narrowed my eyes.

"What do you think? Obviously, we can't fit in your bike, might as well use her car since she's coming with us." She sluggishly entered the car and closed it forcefully.

"I'm sorry about Liv, she's a handful but she's right though, we can't really fit in my bike,"

"Look Sam, it's fine, I can take care of myself. I don't want to take advantage of our friendship."

I chuckled, "Like I said I don't do friends and besides, you don't really want to get Olivia out of the car, she's blazing in anger right now,"

She laughed, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Okay, thanks Sam,"

"No problem, come on let's get you home, I mean let's get you at my house."

Looking at the parking lot one last time, I got in the car and maneuvered to the highway. Not too long after, I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. Getting my phone, I read the message Violet sent me.

'We got alien. Other one escaped! Basement.'

I cursed silently. It wasn't really a good timing with Sara in the house soon. But then again, it wasn't really that bad since I was itching to know who was coming after the Cox family. I guess I had to keep it quiet then.

Pic of Olivia's necklace given by Scarlett. Just imagine there's an O above the C on the center :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.7K 2.5K 57
Noa Carter, everyone knows her name, she has the money and she has the looks, her parents happen to be the head of school so she has the power. She's...
281K 9.8K 48
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
86.1K 2K 10
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
1.5M 48.1K 29
This book is not edited, read at your own risk. Carmen Larove, a rebellious 16 year old girl with a secret, master in martial arts and she doesn't g...