Jokes, Riddles, and Other Phi...

Af Mistyswirl

So this is just for me to do whatever depending on the mood I'm in. It's a way to get my feelings out, and al... Mere

Math Humor
Science Humor
7 Things to Do in an Elevator
Stream of Consciousness
Summer Homework Rage
My Friend's Six Part Joke
My Theory on Death
Six Pack?
Drive-By Shooting
Beach Stones
Him
The Bad Years
The Promise
Muffins
Before
After
Olaf Ice Cubes
A/N
Have You Read
Teacher Rant
Human Nature
LOL So True! (Highlights)
Friends?
Yearbook
Cell Phone
Aw Nuts!
Thanksgiving Thrillers
Bar Jokes
Elephant Car
Apocalypse
Bob
Power
Give Your Hearts!
Dead
(Another) New Wattpad Setup
2.5K Reads
Holiday Valley Skiing Trails That Would Also Make Good Warrior Cat Names
Percy Jackson Characters Play Minecraft
Warrior Cats Quiz
Drug
Hunger Games Realistically
Jelsa Shipping
Two Days
Frozen Fever
π~* Pi Day *~π
They Won't Arrest You
TV Show Riddle
Inner Beauty
Letting Go of Your Heartbreak
Wattpad Users Rant
Real Friends
Multilingual Let it Go
A Conversation With My Mom
Morons
Fish
Word Definitions
Poems Inspired by Zulfa
Gandalf Graffiti
Elemental Quiz
Schoolwork
It's So Stupid
Alone
UPDATE!!! - Sadness and Stress
Words to Live By
Best Last Line
Missing You...
...But Not Really
13 Reasons Why
The Fish Tank
Growing Up Canine (Harry Potter Universe)
HAMlet
Cry Little Sister
Two Years Too Late
Symptoms of Senioritis
Hallelujah for a Thousand Years
Being Square
I Cannot Follow You Into the Midnight
The Dragon Prince: Season 2 Review (SPOILERS!)
Scent Marking
The Hands That Carried Us
Identity Collage
The Turns Have Tabled
This is Fine
Amelia (One Shot)
When the Water Rushed
Definitions, Part 1
Definitions, Part 2
Anxiety
A Ray of Sunshine
Corona Blues
The Mistake
Progression of an Average COVID Morning

Waddle On!

16 1 0
Af Mistyswirl

So I recently checked out the new Club Penguin Island game that replaced my beloved (*sobs*) Club Penguin, and here are my thoughts.

Pros: I love the new game mechanics! Took a bit of getting used to, but being able to walk around a three-dimensional world, even jump, was a nifty change. You can still through snowballs, although the hotkey changed from T to X and you can't aim where they land, just which direction you throw them.

Swimming was super fun! Remember those underground water-filled caves you could navigate to find a secret? They're back and better than ever, with tons of new rooms to discover, an item to collect (albeit for members only), and even a race course. Also, by pressing spacebar in ANY body of water, you can briefly propel yourself a little faster.

They also upgraded the EPF phones, so that everyone has a cellphone where you can get the latest news and teleport to live mini-contests around the island. Additionally, just by pressing C, you can interact with furniture, canon characters (like Rockhopper, Aunt Arctic, and Rookie), and mini-games for members. Walking around allows you to pick up items you can trade in for coins and use to decorate your penguins and your igloos (although in a limited way for non-members).

There are tons of stores to buy cool clothes (for members), and even the "Design Your Own Hoodie" is back with more types of clothing to design, wear, and even sell (wearing and selling items you create, though, is—you guessed it—members only).

Cons: Where do I begin?

First of all, MY BELOVED CLUB PENGUIN IS GONE! I literally spent years on there, and I probably had over 500 items between my igloos, puffles, and clothing. (Oh yeah, puffles are gone too.) I was a jiu-jitsu master of all three elements, a proud owner of every color puffle (including rainbow and golden), ice-fishing pro, expert EPF agent, and a member for three years. All of that is now lost, including my badges and achievements that I worked so hard for. (Goes to show you the worthlessness of virtual reality, doesn't it?)

The island is smaller. Probably because it's still in beta stage, but the layout is so confusing now, especially when traveling between areas. I like the unique music in different sections of an area, but all the fun, discoverable secrets are gone. It's definitely not the extensive game it once was.

Also, as a non-member everything is basically pointless. You can't play the canon character quests past the first chapter, interact with the cool mini-games (like tubing or fishing), sit or dance anywhere just by pressing a hotkey, collect rare items (like in the cave), or have any other items for your igloo or character besides the basics. There's no catalog with hidden items to buy. I mean, the user-created clothing is a cool idea, but I miss the old catalogs.

I guess it just comes down to missing everything I could do on the old CP. There was so much to do, so many ways to earn coins, so many things I could accomplish even when my membership ran out. I still had my puffles, my items (though I couldn't use some of them), my stats. It's just not the same anymore and I don't know how to feel about it.

Maybe if they expand this new CPI and bring back the nostalgic elements of the old one, I'll consider joining back up. But for now, it's just not really worth it.

Waddle on forever, Club Penguin! We'll miss you.

~Misty ❄

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

242K 1.3K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
23.7K 1.3K 34
Y/N is reincarnated in HI3rd as her/his favorite character, Houraiji Kyuushou. She finds herself in Nagazora, and starts to explore it, trying to fin...
74.9K 2.9K 6
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
53.3M 378K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!