Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 6 - Family Night
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 9 - Engagement
Chapter 10 - Mehendi
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 13 - Reception
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 5 - I Hate Him

189 24 10
By dezertroze

...A week had passed since Armaan had started school and he had become very much part of the gang; he was funny, smart and a great talker. Muskaan and Nikita had also become quite fond of having him around just as much as Rahul and Abhi had found a great friend in him but someone's feelings towards him hadn't changed as yet.

Riddhima; she just couldn't stand the sight of him as he had won everyone's praise and had taken her place as the top student in every lesson. It had also become a habit of Armaan to tease Riddhima, who always fell for his tricks. She tried to stay away from him as much as possible but found it very difficult as they were in most of the same classes and he was always with her friends.

One lesson where she had a little peace and quiet was in Textiles, this was her favorite lesson as she loved designing and sewing and she had decided to use this time wisely as she was not disturbed by him nor would he take her place in this lesson.

The girls walked into the class and Riddhima got straight on with her work as the other two were just getting settled.

Riddhima breathed a long sigh as she got on with her work; "Finally...you don't know how long I've been waiting for this lesson...at least I don't have to see that bandar's (monkey's) face!"

Nikita shook her friend at her friend in disbelief; "Ridz c'mon...that's not nice...why don't you like him?"

Riddhima was shocked at the accusation being laid on her; "DON'T LIKE?" she calmed down and gave her friends a sweet smile; "...No, no, no...it's not that don't I don't like him...let me correct that for you...I HATE him...I absolutely LOATHE him..." she finished angrily.

Muskaan laughed; "You joker...how could you hate him...he's so sweet yaar..."

Riddhima sighed again; "Guys please...at least in this lesson let's not call that idiot's name...I need to rest my brains...in the last half an hour he's chewed my brains so much I need to take a break..."

Riddhima had grabbed a huge A3 sized paper and rushed her pencil over it designing a complicated yet elegant outfit with lots of layers and drapes and a detailed surface decoration. She had completed the basic design within three to four minutes and was working on the detailed touches.

Nikita had finally settled down; "Okay...okay...we won't call his name again..."

"Thank you..." Riddhima said not looking up as she was busy working away.

"Wow yaar...you're amazing..." Muskaan said looking at Riddhima's unfinished design.

"Let's see..." Nikita leaned over Muskaan's shoulder to have a look; "...beautiful...I wish I was that talented..." she sighed.

Riddhima thanked the girls again with a smile but carried on without looking up.

"You're making that for me right?" Nikita asked.

"We'll see..." she concentrated.

"Ridz...tell us...how do you do it?" Muskaan quizzed her.

"What?" she replied still working away.

"You know...just get right into it and get it done so easily?" Muskaan said looking down at Riddhima's design; "...Just getting started takes me five minutes..." she took a quick look around at the other six girls in the class; "...and it's not only me...it's all the girls..."

They looked around the class to see everyone was just chilling, taking their time and chatting to each other while the teacher entered the class and was slowly preparing for the lesson.

Riddhima looked at Muskaan; "Well my dear..." she smiled fully for the first time that day; "...designing is my passion and creating is my love...and passion and love comes from the heart...so when I put my heart into it...sab kuch ho sakta hai...haina..." (anything is possible...isn't it...) she smiled at her friends; "...aur haan...ek aur wajah..." (and one other reason...)

"What's that?" Nikita asked curiously.

Riddhima added; "Woh bandar yahan nahi hai...isliye!" (That monkey isn't here that's why!)

They all looked at each other and laughed then everyone got on with their work. Riddhima had added a bit of colour to her design and had moved onto her second design just as the other girls were getting started with their first...

...Two hours later the girls left their Textiles class and carried on walking down the corridor chatting happily about their designs and projects. Nikita was still arguing with Riddhima about making the outfit for her; Riddhima was so cheerful she wasn't looking ahead of her but was looking at Nikita instead when she walked right into someone; they both fell back onto the floor and Riddhima's folder flew out of her hand; all her designs and drawings were scattered on the floor.

"Hey! Can't you look where you're going...you stupid..." Riddhima looked up and came face to face with Armaan; "...Tum!" (You?)

Armaan answered defensively; "You weren't looking where you were going..." he stood up quickly and dusted off his clothes then turned to her fuming with anger.

"You were wrong and you don't even apologise..." Riddhima shot back angrily.

They had squared up in front of each other like they were going to rip each other's hair out any minute while the others around them began to roll their eyes as if to say; "Here we go again".

Armaan's voice was a rising; "Why should I apologise...it was your fault!"

Riddhima shoved his shoulder; "IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!" her voice took over and he shoved her back.

Rahul quickly jumped in between the two; "STOP IT!! That's enough!"

The girls picked up the papers from the floor and Riddhima, with the angriest expression on her face, stuffed them back into the folder.

"C'mon...let's go for lunch...I'm starving..." Muskaan lightened the atmosphere.

Abhi added; "Yep me too..."

They walked off down the corridor in pairs; Muskaan and Rahul holding hands, Riddhima, still upset, was walking with Nikita and Armaan and Abhi walked behind them. When they had almost reached the Common Room Abhi changed his mind stopping and making everyone else come to a halt.

"Guys...wait a minute..." Abhi spoke up as they all watched him with raised eye brows.

"What's up?" Armaan asked.

"Why don't we leave now?" Abhi told them; "...There's no point hanging around here we haven't got next lesson...so why don't we go to the mall?"

Muskaan agreed; "Yeah that's a good idea then we can get something decent to eat..."

Rahul nodded; "C'mon then let's go..."

The gang had decided to go their second favourite hangout...The Mall. They loved chilling in the mall, especially the girls. They had bought food from all over the place, the guys' unhealthy food from Mc. Donald's and the girls had healthy sandwiches and salad pots from the salad bars.

When they had got their food they all sat around their favourite spot by the fountain; it was always their favourite hangout, they loved it as it had such a pleasant feeling, sitting by the fountain or the comfy chairs sipping coffee or munching on the mall's best chocolate chip cookies, cracking jokes among themselves or teasing each other, they always had fun when they were there together. Armaan, Abhi and Nikita sat on the edge of the fountain eating their food, Riddhima sat on the comfy chair having a sandwich and Rahul and Muskaan sat on the same chair sharing their food.

After about an hour Rahul and Muskaan decided to leave and spend some time together. Nikita and Riddhima sat together going through Riddhima's designs and discussing some changes while Armaan and Abhi sat back in the chairs looking at girls walking by.

Riddhima looked up in disgust as Armaan had said something about a certain girl that had just walked by; "Sick..." she said in disgust.

Armaan turned to her; "Did you say something?"

"You're disgusting...you know that?" she told him.

"Now what did I do?" Armaan looked from Riddhima to Abhi shrugging his shoulders wondering what he had done.

"How could you talk about girls like that?" she asked him.

"Like what?" he replied clueless.

"Oh forget it...there's no point in even talking to you..." Riddhima huffed and turned back to her work.

Armaan smiled; "So you want to talk...why didn't you say so...?" he stood up and moved closer to her.

"Whatever...keep dreaming!!" Riddhima moved away from him.

Abhi smiled; "You guys are unbelievable..."

"What?" Riddhima looked confused at Abhi wondering how he could even mention them as a pair.

Abhi turned to Nikita; "Do you remember what she said on the first day back?" Nikita just smiled.

Riddhima looked from Abhi to Nikita: "What did I say?"

Nikita smiled knowingly but stayed quiet not wanting to agree with Abhi but she knew he was right.

Abhi mimicked Riddhima; "Don't you two ever stop?"

Armaan and Nikita laughed at his impression of Riddhima who looked cross but he continued; "Yep...and what did I tell you...when you find someone as annoying you won't be able to stop...and I don't think you guys are ever going to change..."

Riddhima and Armaan look at each other.

Armaan thought silently; "Are we ever going to stop fighting?"

Riddhima looked at him and shook her head silently thinking; "NEVER!"

"Hi guys..." a young girl stood at the edge of the fountain with a friend smiling at them; "...Hey Dumpling..."

"Dumbo..." Riddhima frowned at her; "...when will you learn to stop calling me that in public..." she said through gritted teeth.

"Hi Radha...how are you?" Abhi asked with a smile.

"I'm fine...what are you guys up to...?" she sat down next to them.

"We..." Nikita began but Riddhima cut her off; "We're chilling can't you see...?"

"So...who's this?" she ignored Riddhima and turned to Armaan.

"You don't need to know him..." Riddhima continued.

"I wasn't asking you..." Radha snubbed.

Nikita rolled her eyes as she sat between the two girls; "Will you two please stop...Radha this is Armaan...he's new to the school and new in our gang..."

"Hi Armaan..." Radha put out her hand to shake Armaan's.

"Hey..." he accepted with a raised eyebrow.

Abhi took this chance to introduce Radha to him; "Radha is Riddhima's cousin..."

"Oohh..." Armaan smiled; "...very nice to meet you...if we had met in other circumstances I would never have guessed..." then he turned to Radha; "...on a serious note how do you put up with her?"

Radha rolled her eyes then sighed dramatically; "Don't ask..."

She ignored Armaan's question as she did not want another argument for the day; "Dumbo...don't you need to be going already?" Riddhima said through gritted teeth once again.

Radha turned to Armaan with a smile; "Actually I do..." she stood up; "...I'll see you around...bye guys..." she waved to Abhi and Nikita; "...bye Dumpling..." she stuck her tongue out at Riddhima who frowned.

They all smiled as Radha walked away with her friend; but Riddhima turned her head sharply and called; "Hey Radha wait up..." she stood up and walked over to her.

"What's up?" Radha turned to her curiously.

"Did you hear about Dii?" Riddhima said excitedly.

Radha smiled widely; "OMG yes I did...I'm so excited...has she decided yet...what's going on?" she questioned.

"She's getting to know him better...they've been meeting up...and everything looks good...so let's see..." Riddhima told her.

"That's so cool...there's going to be another wedding in this family...I can't wait..." Radha squealed.

"I know...okay...I'll see you tomorrow...you guys are coming around for dinner right?" she asked.

Radha nodded; "Yeah I think so...see you tomorrow..." she gave her a quick hug; "...bye!"

Riddhima walked back to her friends; after some time they all made their way out of the mall and to their respective homes...

_______________

Hey...what did you all think of the chapter...are things ever going to get better for these two...want to know your thoughts on them...and a new character has been introduced...what do you guys think about they first glimpse of Radha?  

Please comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 1.6K 43
Varia_nv's first book! Bollywood House❤️{Regular updates} on Wattpad. #1 in Valia (12-9-2019 - 15-10-2019!!)) #1 in Parineeti (8-01-19 until 6-02-19...
174K 11.5K 99
Amelia Jones, Amy's good life turned upside down when she lost both her parents in a car accident. Now she got to move in with her father's best frie...
37.9K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...