Distract Me [Kehlani×XXXTenta...

By JhoniiBlxze

"Don't touch my shit, don't even look at my shit. Don't even breathe around me because don't nobody wanna sme... More

[[Distract Me]]
Chapter×1
Chapter×2
Chapter×3
Chapter×4
Chapter×5
Chapter×6
Chapter×7
Chapter×8
Chapter×10
Chapter×11
Chapter×12
Chapter×13
Chapter×14
R.I.P.
what now
Chapter×15
Chapter×16
Chapter×17
Chapter×18
Chapter×19
Chapter×20
Chapter×21
Chapter×22
Chapter×23
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter×24
Chapter×25
Chapter×26
Chapter×27
Chapter×28
Chapter×29
Chapter×30
Chapter×31(pt.2)
Chapter×32

Chapter×9

2.8K 139 163
By JhoniiBlxze

"Why you bother me when you know you don't want me?
Why you bother me when you know you got a woman?"
-SZA

×××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

The next morning I woke up in my room, sprawled across my bed like an animal. I looked up and Skyler was knocked out on the floor. I tried not to laugh at how ridiculous she looked, but I took a picture on my phone and saved it. I yawned and stretched before getting up out of my bed. I was still a little tired and sore from last night, but I'll survive.

Skyler groaned before popping her curly head up, turning it in my direction. I tried my best not to laugh at her. "What yo' duck ass lookin' at?" She groaned as she stretched.

"Yo' ugly self."

"Shutcho goof ass up." She laid back down before going on her phone.

I checked the time on my phone, which read 10:13 a.m.. I walked out of my room and began to head downstairs. On my way down, I could hear Geneva's voice in the kitchen, followed by Jahseh's laughter. I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued to grow closer to the kitchen, as did their laughing. 

"Come on, you know it was good." She said. "I mean, yeah, but it could've been better." He chuckled. I shook my thoughts away before walking into the kitchen, completely ignoring them. I could feel them burning a hole in my back, but I didn't care. I just continued to make me and Sky's bowls of cereal.

"You know, you should do something to your hair." Geneva continued.

"Like what? I was gone cut it."

"No, no! Don't! Just dye it. Matter of fact, let me do it. Please?"

He chuckled. "What color you tryin' to dye it?"

"Don't worry about it. It's a surprise."

"In that case, then no."

"Please, Daddy?" She whined. I glanced up at them, and my eyes met hers as she leaned in and kissed him, making sure that I saw her slip her tongue in his mouth. I rolled my eyes before carrying the bowls of cereal out of the kitchen.

"Uh, Kehlani?" Her annoying voice called me. I turned around with a dead look on my face. Lord knows how bad I wish my looks could kill. "What?" I answered, making it clear that I was annoyed.

She smirked. "You forgot to put the milk and cereal away. X and I just cleaned up in here, so could you please put them back where they go?"

Two words: Bite. Me. "Well, I can't right now, so I guess you'll have to wait. If it's bothering you, then I guess you should do it." I said before turning on my heels and going back upstairs to my room. I walked in before shutting the door with my foot as I let out an annoyed sigh.

"Fuuck, she's so annoying." I groaned, getting Sky's attention. "Who we gotta jump, bitch?" She sat up. I shook my head.

"Nah, nobody. It's just that Geneva think she that bitch, but she really not. She thinks that she making me jealous, but it's not doing anything but annoying me." I rant as I hand Sky her cereal.

"Just ignore that ho."

"I am, she just so happened to be here today and allowed me to see her. But despite that, I'm humbled."

I handed Sky her bowl before sitting comfortably on my bed. "Did you take your meds today?" She asked all of a sudden. I shook my head "no" before verbally answering.

"I haven't really felt the need to. I haven't been having any hallucinations or anything lately." It got quiet as I began to think. "Man, I really need to get back on my writing. I haven't written any lyrics lately."

"You ain't been doin' jack diddly lately." Sky chuckled.

"I know, I know. I don't know what happened."

"You got dick-notized. By X." I glared at her. "Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right."

I didn't say anything, I just rolled my eyes as I finished off my cereal. Sky chuckled then continued:

"No seriously though. We do need to get back on our shit."

I nodded in agreement as I set my now empty bowl aside. "I know. I have been thinking of some lyrics lately though."

"Then why haven't you been writing them out?"

I squinted my eyes at her. "I'm sure you know and have the answer to that question."

She chuckled. "You know me so well."

-

"Lani." Jahseh peeked his head into the living room, interrupting my conversation with Sky. I found myself nearly rolling my eyes at the sight of him, but I hid it. "What?" I answered, turning away from him.

"Y'all wanna roll with us?"

"If by 'us', you mean you and Geneva, then no thanks. We don't wanna cockblock." I retorted. Sky tried her hardest not to laugh at my clear jealousy, but I didn't care.

He smacked his lips. "Yo, chill, jit. We just headin' over to Ski's house."

"Is WiFi gonna be there?" I questioned as I finally turned around to look at him. His face slightly frowned.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because, why not?" I shrugged as I turned back around. I could tell he was jealous now, and I smirked at the fact that now he knows how I felt.

"Whatever." He mumbled. "We leavin' in 10 minutes, so I suggest y'all get ready."

"We are ready. We just waiting on y'all now." I stated. I heard Jahseh mutter something underneath his breath as he turned around and went back upstairs. Sky looked at me and laughed as she shook her head.

"What the hell you doin', K?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why you askin' if WiFi gone be there?"

I shrugged. "I honestly just like hanging out with him. He's like my only guy friend."

"What about Jahseh?"

"He shouldn't really be anything but my step-brother."

"Well, technically, he's not your step-brother. Since your dad isn't really--"

"I know, Sky." I cut her off. "I don't want to talk about that, but still. He is my step-brother, and this whole thing we've done shouldn't have happened in the first place."

"True." She mumbled. It was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. "Did you take your medicine?"

I shook my head. "No. I told you, I'm fine."

"Just do it just in case, okay?"

"Alright, fine." I sighed as I stood up. On my way up the stairs, my phone began to ring, so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Kehlani, hey sweetheart. How are things? You guys doing alright?" Janice's voice chirped through the phone. I froze in my tracks, as I thought about how I deeply forgot about our parents.

"Oh, h-hey Miss Janice. Things are good, how is the retreat?"

"It's alright. Your father and I were just talking about you and Jahseh, so we just wanted to see how you two are holding up."

"We're good." Just as I said that, Jahseh came out of his room. He was about to say something but I quickly sent him the hush signal. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, so I mouthed to him: "It's your mom."

His eyes grew wide, so I know he definitely forgot about them too. "Oh my God, we're fuckin' dead. She 'bouta beat me like a piñata. Lord, please protect me, Almighty Father." He began to pray.

I covered the mic. "Nigga, hush."

"Kehlani, did you hear me?" Her voice drew my attention back to the conversation.

"No, I'm sorry. I got distracted for a second. What did you say?"

"It's fine. I said we'll be home next Friday."

I nodded my head while Jahseh was still tweaking in panic. I wanted to slap him so badly. "Ohhh, Mama gone lay the belt on me for sure now! Not even the belt; probably her Louboutins, or Giuseppes. Fuck, my ass hurts already!" He cried.

"Shut the fuck up!" I whispered to him through my teeth. "So, u-um, what time are you guys landing?"

"Well, we don't know yet, but I'll keep you posted, okay?"

I nodded, as if she could see me. "Okay."

"She gone leave a scar on me with them spiky ass shoes, vrooo!" Jahseh cried. I swear this nigga is retarded.

"Where's Jahseh?" She asked. Over here having a heart attack, I thought. It's not like I would've been lying anyway.

"He's right here." I looked at him, and his eyes got wide again. "What's she saying?" He panicked. I just waved him off as I continued to listen to her.

"Oh okay. Tell him I love him and I hope he's behaving himself."

I chuckled nervously. "Okay."

"Alright, talk to you guys later. Be good."

"We will."

"Goodbye."

"Bye." I hung up and shook my head at Jahseh. "You're pathetic, you know that?"

"Fuck you. What she ask about me for?"

"She just said that she loves you and she hopes you're behaving."

He let out a sigh of relief as he nodded. "Oh. Well, anyways, are y'all ready or what?"

"Why you rushing us? What about y'all?"

"We ready. Geneva's in the car. We waiting for y'all now."

"Okay, okay. Tell Sky to go to the car, just let me get something real quick."

He nodded his head and went on his way while I continued my previous mission. Once I got to my bathroom, I took my pills before grabbing my earphones and heading outside to meet with everyone else.

-

"Y'all come on! Stop being scary!" Sky yelled to us. "Hell no, bitch you crazy! I didn't even bring a swimsuit!" I yelled back. This goof bitch was in the swimming pool in her underwear. Ain't no way in hell I'm gonna get in a pool at night, in front of three dudes, in my underwear.

"So?! I'm in mine! Quit bein' a square, K!"

Geneva and Red chuckled before looking at Jahseh and Ski. "Are y'all coming or what?" Red asked. She and Geneva stripped out their clothes extra slow on purpose, while the guys watched them carefully. Once they were in their underwear, they sent their boys seductive stares before they ran off and jumped into the pool.

Ski laughed as he took off his clothes. "Oh I'm cumming tonight alright."

I groaned in disgust while WiFi and Jahseh laughed. "Y'all are disgusting." I said as I went to sit down in a lawn chair.

Ski and Jahseh eventually joined them, while WiFi and I stayed behind. "Why you not getting in?" He asked me as he sat in the chair next to me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't feel like getting wet, I guess." I said, and he nodded. "Why you not getting in?"

"I just got over a hangover. I don't feel that I should swim after that shit." He shrugged; I nodded.

"Oh," was all I could say.

"So wassup wit' yo homegirl? She single?"

I looked over at him with an arched eyebrow. "You want the plug with Sky?" I asked, and he scrunched his face up.

"Aye, I don't know about all that. I'm just tryna see wassup wit her, that's all."

I smirked. "Mhm, okay. I got you."

"Don't say no dumb shit."

I chuckled as I stood up. "Don't worry, bruh. I gotchu." I laughed as I walked into the house to go use the bathroom.

After I was done, I came back out. On my way downstairs, I was scared out of my fucking mind by Jahseh coming out of nowhere. I gasped as I held my chest. 

"Don't fucking do that." I sighed in relief; he chuckled. "Sorry." He said as he stared into my eyes. We were in a staring contest for like a minute before I grew uncomfortable and said something.

"What?" I said. He leaned closer before trying to kiss me, but I nudged him away. "No."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not kissing you. Go kiss Geneva."

He smirked then chuckled. "Why you gotta be so bitter?"

"Why you gotta be a two-timer?"

"Why you acting like this? You wasn't acting like this last night."

"Because last night I was high."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You know you lying, Lani. You know it was more than that."

"So what? I can't do this with you anymore."

His face softened. "Why?"

"You have Geneva, plus our parents are coming home soon, so we have to stop eventually before it gets more out of hand."

"So what? I don't want this to end, Kehlani."

I sighed as I looked away from him. "I don't want it to end either, but it's for better or worse. At least we'll still be close friends. Just not that kind of close."

He didn't say anything. He just had an angered look on his face. The last thing l wanted was for him to be mad at me.

I didn't want this to end either. But I know that if it doesn't end, one day we're gonna get caught by our parents, and that will lead us down to a serious world of trouble. I care about Jahseh too much to the point where I don't want to see him get hurt or in trouble. I'm not supposed to like him the way I do, and I hate that of all people, he had to be my step-brother. This really isn't fair to me more than it isn't fair to him. But we both should have known this kind of moment was going to come. We've had our fun, and everyone knows that after you ride a rollercoaster, you have two options: either you ride on it over and over again, or you can move on to the next rollercoaster. Even though I'd rather stay on this ride, I know I've gotta let other people have their turn.

"Jahseh, look. If we continue to do this, one of us might catch real feelings. I can't fall for you, let alone even like you the way I do. I'm not good for this anyway. It would be strange for me to wanna love someone who's better by themselves. I'd hate to know that I made you crazy for this fling." I sighed before looking at him, but he wasn't looking at me. "Just don't be mad at me about this."

I gave him a one-sided hug before going back outside. A part of me felt relief from this..

But another part was regretting what I had just done.

×××××××××××××××××××××××

Helllllooooo my beautiful readers 😚💛💛

I am so sorry for the long waittt 😭 im not gone lie i been gettin too damn lazy😔😩

Anyways, what y'all think gone happen next?👀

Do y'all really think it's over between them?? ☺

Just know.... It's only the beginning 😈 ain't no tellin' what I'll do

More coming up💖

(P.s. guyss my birthday is coming up🙉🔥 Apr. 25)

-Jay🕊👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 957 28
TW// abuse
45 0 24
I finish putting on my makeup and make sure I'm ready. I hear the doorbell ring and almost have a heart attack. I peek my head out my door hoping i...
2.4K 23 16
Status: Discontinued ☆☆☆☆☆ I arrived at school and was taking a look around on my surroundings until i saw my boy bsf, my crush, my enemy together lo...
442K 20.3K 119
She goes to Walmart one late night to get some snacks for her munchies and she bumps into Jahseh. Just a accident or was it the universe connecting t...