Dil Jaanta Hai | ✔

By chaashnee

■WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2019 WINNER■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎● ● ●▪︎ For the Delhi Tycoons' kids, life has always been to... More

Wattpad India Awards 2019 Winner
before the words
e p i g r a p h
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
dil janna chahega
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
dil janna chahega
behind the words
Sequel/Extended Epilogue: Dil Dhadakta Hai
Book III/Stand alone: Dil Beparwah

thirteen

6.4K 705 181
By chaashnee

||CHAPTER 13||
《¤》

Even the librarian was suprised to see me between the rows of fiction and Young Adult Reads.

I couldn't blame her; it wasn't like I looked like a person who would like to read all day.

"Need any help? What are you looking for?"

"Just skimming," I told her, picking out a random book from the shelf.

"I assume it's your free period?"

It was my P.E. period, but she didn't need to know the fact that I was bunking it.

"Yeah," I reply. She nods and turns to go back, when I stop her, "Could you tell me where to find books on business studies?"

"You're a Science student, aren't you?"

That's why I didn't want to ask her; I didn't like raising suspicions.

"I have this... you know, G.K. quiz coming up. And it required me to learn about the stock market and stuff, so I was wondering..."

"Third row, fourth shelf on the right. Are you issuing any book?"

"I'd like to, thanks."

After helping me with the books, the old librarian starts making my Issue Card, keeping an eye on me from her desk. Ignoring her, I settled at a desk farthest from her scrutiny, gawking at the strange books which I'd probably never understand.

But I had to.

So, when the bell rang half an hour later, I was relieved, and after issuing the book that I'd atleast try to understand, I left the library.

Karan was exiting his psychology class, across the halway that led to the library. "Arvika? Library? What're you doing here?"

"It's a peaceful place for a power nap," I replied, hiding the book slithely inside my blazer.

"So you're bunking P.E. by being lazy?"

We fell into step, and started climbing upstairs, "Uh, you know, girly problems."

That wouldn't make it a complete lie now.

"Awkward," he chuckled.

Students were filling the classroom again, and since it was the last period of the day, the otherwise quick process was naturally slowed down.

"Get inside already," the Maths teacher grumbles, but his expression worsens when he spots me. "Arvika Deewan, right? Mr. Thakur is calling you."

Karan squeazes my shoulder, maybe out of sympathy, and as I depart, Arnav catches my eye. The contact stays for few seconds before the Sir asks me to hurry and copy the notes if I'm late.

Knocking on the door to the Physics faculty, I await approval. When Mr. Thakur spots me from between the mountains of books and papers, he ushers me in.

"Good Afternoon, Sir."

"Good Afternoon. You might be knowing why I've called you?"

"It's about the test on which I cheated." I nod.

"Do you despise Physics, Arvika?"

I gave out an awkward smile, "I do try to maintain equilibrium with it."

"Well, the school policy despises unfair means."

I don't reply.

"You were doing it for your friend, weren't you? You haven't attempted after the third question, and whatever you did attempt, consists of wrong answers. And the answer Arman was sending was of the seventh. Chakkar kya hai?"

"Sir, jab upar se questions nahi aa rahe the, tho randomly karna shuru kiya." I was desparately trying to keep Ishita out of this mess.

"I wish I could believe you, but I don't. However, there's no way I can forge my beliefs, can I?" He scratched the bridge of his nose, leaning back on his chair. "The school doesn't take these issues easily, but I'm letting this go. But you will have to give a retest, which you would have had to give either ways."

I mentally breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank you sir. I'll try my level best."

"The next time won't be so pleasant, remember."

How many times had I heard that sentence?

I did end up copying the notes on Linear equations that evening. And while I did so, three pairs of eyes stared me down, intently.

"Okay, look," I said looking up at them, "mujhe pata hai mai khoobsurat hu, par aise besharmon ke tarah mat taadon."

"Are you sure Mr. Thakur let you go?" Vansh asked, grabbing an apple to play with.

I rolled my eyes, huffing a breath. "Yes, he did. I just need to give a retest and try not to fail it."

"I'm really sorry, Vickey. It's because of me that you had to go through..." Ishita didn't complete her sentence.

"Oh god, cut the emotional crap will you?" I was irritated with the constant apologies. "This is not new for me. If you haven't guessed already, I'm not a goody-two-shoes!"

"Last year, a fellow was rusticated from Mystic High because he was caught cheating in the Final exams," Arnav adds.

"It's not exactly the school's fault. These students don't know how to cheat properly. I mean, come on! Who throws paper balls of answers?"

Vansh and Ishita cracked a smile at that, but Arnav didn't. "Vika, thoda serious ho. He might have let you go this time, but next time, if you are caught that is, you'd be suspended. Papa ko kya bologi?"

I pick up at my work, five pages of torture, before I snap. "Don't you guys have shopping to do, or foot ball practices, or simply minding your own business?" I glance at Ishita before continuing, "if you don't mind, I'll give your notebook back tomorrow morning. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Not that I cared about their excuses.

Saturday evening, I grabbed the business studies book that I had issued and sat on my window seat. I didn't understand a thing about anything actually, but it wasn't until I decided to close the book that I realised that it wasn't for dumbtards like me. It was a freaking advanced level book.

That's a lesson I need to learn, don't pick a book with fancy covers. The insides aren't too fancy.

Without warning, the door opened just in time, as I swapped the book for my Physics Textbook.

"Daadi?"

She comes near me, and seats herself beside me. "Padhai kaisi chal rahi hai?"

"Daadi, please don't ask that for the next two years. Mai is zyakthi ko sehen nahi kar sakti!"

She laughed it off, before looking around my room and then outside the window. I had sensed it before she said it.

"Daadi, kya hua? Everything's okay, right?"

"Maanyata ki shaadi ho rahi hai."

"I know, Daadi." I force my attention back on the boring vectors. "Shayad se usi wajah se mai Delhi wapis ayi hoon."

"Invitation aya hai," she passes me a pristine looking golden card, with fancy borders.

But didn't I just learn that fancy covers guarantee not so fancy words?

"Cool. Papa jayenge na?"

"Binoy ka nahi pata. I won't force him either. Par Jolly jaa rahi hai."

"For business relations."

"They were cut off when your parents separated. Par according to what I know, your step father is complicating things."

"He is not my step father, Daadi."

She let go of the Daddy issues. "Shaadi August me hai, on a Saturday. Do you want to go?"

Once upon a time, Arnav and Arvika both wanted to see their parents get married, just so that they could also be in the wedding album. I don't know about Arnav, but Arvika Deewan wants to stay a Deewan.

"No, not really."

Daadi didn't try to convince me otherwise. "It would be strange to be there, I know. But if you change your mind, let me know."

I had expected Arnav to disappear after he got the news, but I didn't expect him to hide in the terrace of our building.

He didn't realise I was there yet, so I sat beside him, on the edge without making a sound.

"Yaha kyon ayi hai?" It was the first time he actually sounded rude.

"Hawa khane. Tujhse matlab?"

"Go, get a different place for your feast. Mujhe silent atmosphere chahiye."

"Agar tu bak bak band karega, to tujhe tera man pasand atmosphere mil jayega."

He didn't talk for the next five minutes, and both of us were immersed in the swimming pool of stars above us. Far, far away, I could spot the Venus glowing in the dark-lit sky. Eleven floors below our spot, our Dad was probably working on his computer, ignoring the upcoming events, drowning himself in more work. But my brother wasn't built like that. He had to speak up, and that's what he did.

"Are you going?"

"Not to the wedding."

"You share a cordial bond with the Oberois, I've seen."

"You've seen?" I look at him, perplexed. "I've loathed the man more than what he's been loaded with."

"I'm not talking about Raman Oberoi, though he is obsessed with his stepdaughter," He smirked. "I'm talking about his nephew. I stalked your instagram page."

"I shouldn't have accepted your request. Ugh."

"So... Aryan and you had an intense relationship, huh?"

"We also had an intense make out, but lets not talk about that. You suck at minding your own business."

He chuckled, "So you dated him?"

"He likes to say I ruined him, because the boy had never gulped down a vodka before me. But honestly speaking, he ruined my life with a butterfly effect. His Uncle and our mother met at one of his parties. I broke up with him the very next day."

"You want to say that you had the feeling that that would have led to this?"

"Nope," I popped, "our mother is just like you. She sucks at acting."

"I have no idea where this is going."

I shift my gaze to him, before sucking in a deep breath and turning back to the burning Venus. "That night, before the police had rammed into the party, Mamma had come to pick me up. When she came out of the car, another car stopped at the gate. It was the same car that I had seen parked outside our house, many times. Jab mai Aryan ke saath bahar nikli, Mamma us aadmi ke saath baath kar rahi thi, and they didn't know I heard them. They were having a conversation that confused me at first. Fir jab Aryan ne hame introduce karaya, us aadmi ka expression badal gya. Mamma started acting like she hadn't ever met him, but as I told you, she sucks at acting. That's when I knew things were changing for the worse. After that day, they didn't even hide the fact that were dating. They tried to paint a different picture in my mind, but come on, saath mahine ki relationship shaadi me itnse jaldi kaise badal jaati hai?"

"So they were dating before you actually knew who Oberoi was?"

I never wanted to accept that fact, and so I didn't.

"Is that why you decided to come back?" He asks, softly.

I didn't reply, just nodded.

"I'm glad you did. Mai us aadmi ko akele nahi jhel sakta."

Humans are quite complex emotionally. And that was the only reason I could acquaint to the fact that I didn't move his arm when he swung one across mine and squeezed my shoulder.

_____

Namoshtaii!

I'd been waiting to get this moment out for sooo long. Anyways, do you know how bad I was hyperventilating when DJH crossed 700 reads within an afternoon of publishing the twelfth chapter?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Just keep reading, I've got a declaration to make after the twentieth chapter. And no, twentieth isn't the last chapter of this book. Many more to come, but please stay tuned.

Lastly, I'm loving your interview questions, but I need eight to ten more chapters to go before I get you the interview. Just bear with me. So keep asking random questions using #diljannachahega, and surprises lie ahead.

Well, read vote comment and promote ;)

~chaashnee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 923 38
Eshaanvi is the youngest of the two sisters of KL Rahul. Being the youngest, she's not only the most adored and protected member of the family but s...
16.3K 2.5K 52
After meeting each other, Darshan Raval & Navya Shekhawat realize that they're meant to be more than just friends. But the pain of a lost love, the f...
258K 25.3K 58
(Apart Series - Book 6) Thank you for the beautiful cover Shiviious ❤️ Vanshika Khanna has everything in her life today. Her parents love her, her gr...
780K 46.4K 62
[𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝] - 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐇𝐐 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 ☆ 19-year old Akira Joshi has always lived in a shel...