Vampire Royalty

By bellaPiiink

Melanie Meyer is an ordinary seventeen years old teenage girl. But when she meets Garret Stone, a vampire, ev... More

Vampire Royalty
Prologue: Meet Melanie Meyer
Chapter One: Melanie Meets Garret
Chapter Two: At the Cinemas
Chapter Three: Night Creatures
Chapter Four: Vampire World
Chapter Five: My Conversation with Jasper
Chapter Six: The King's Decision
Chapter Seven: Meet the Vampire Parents
Chapter Eight: Garret's First Love
Chapter Ten: A Day with the Royal Family
Chapter Eleven: There's No Place Like Home
Chapter Twelve: The Truth about My Blood
Chapter Thirteen: The Carnival... And The Two Guys
Chapter Fourteen: A Drunken Mistake
Chapter Fifteen: It's In His Kiss
Chapter Sixteen: Amanda's Discovery
Chapter Seventeen: A Warning from Her
Chapter Eighteen: Truth Comes Out
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Take a Walk
Chapter Twenty: A Hidden Secret
Chapter Twenty-One: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Kiss in the Rain
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dr. Jensen Weston
Chapter Twenty-Four: Melissa's Shocking News
Chapter Twenty-Five: Disastrous Eighteenth Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Six: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Disadvantages of Being Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Rescuing
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leaving?
Chapter Thirty: Goodbye, My Love
Epilogue: Coming Home
Author's Note
Vampire Princess

Chapter Nine: Invisible

69.3K 1.9K 130
By bellaPiiink

            “You shouldn’t have told her.”

            “I know. But she deserves to know.”

            “What would happen if Garret will find out? You know how he is when somebody speaks about that—that bitch.”

            “What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

            “Are you possibly thinking that you are going to hide it from him that you told Melanie? He would know sooner or later.”

            Xayranne rolled her eyes at her fiancé. “Then so be it. I know he wouldn’t hurt Melanie or me. And if he hurts me, he doesn’t know what’s coming to him.”

            Flynn frowned at her disapprovingly. “Xayranne, I just wanted you to be safe… and honest. Why did you tell Melanie about that?”

            “Because she deserves to know. You perfectly know that—.”

            “Yes, I do. But you don’t need to explain it to her. I know someday Garret would explain it to her.”

            With that, I snorted loudly, earning glares from the vampire couple sitting across me. “He wouldn’t tell me. I mean, who am I to know something about that? Garret doesn’t like me enough to trust me with that information.”

            Flynn’s eyes twinkled. “Well—.”

            His fiancé nudged his ribs, making him groan in pain. “Shut up, Flynn.” Then she looked at me, smiling warmly. “Just don’t tell Garret that you knew, okay? I’m sure he’ll tell you when the time is right.”

            I shrugged, not sure what to say. Would Garret tell me? I don’t think so. I mean, I’m just a human living with them for a week. And that’s that… Right?

            It was already four in the afternoon and the three of us were watching The Fourth Kind. It was supposed to be scary—it’s about aliens and those stuff—but the truth? It doesn’t scare me. Usually, I get scared shitless in these kinds of movies but hey, I live with vampires for the meantime now. Aliens wouldn’t abduct me.

            Any minute now, Garret and Roxanne would arrive from school. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. That Chicago from Springfield is like an hour or two drive? Well, vampires drive in a faster pace than humans so it’s like a forty-five minutes drive instead of an hour or two. Damn, how fast is that? And they use Garret’s motorbike.

            The local vampire doctors arrived earlier at noon. They were warm and polite. I was picturing them as doctors with black cloaks and that kind of stuff. But they were just wearing normal human clothes, nothing unusual. They took some of my blood and then told us that they’re going to be back maybe at Thursday or Friday.

            A beep from outside the house snapped me back to reality. Flynn took a deep breath and looked at Xayranne and me sternly. “You better shut up, okay? You—.”

            Xayranne waved him off. “Yeah, yeah we know. And it’s not like it’s the first time Melanie keeps a secret. Right, Melanie?”

            I gulped, nodding nervously and faking a smile. “Yeah sure.” Not to mention that I can’t keep a secret and always spill the beans.

            “Good,” Xayranne said, nodding her approval at me before smiling smugly at Flynn. “So we’re all good now, okay? And you need to stop overreacting, Flynn. We’ve got nothing to loose.”

            The door burst open and Roxanne stepped in, smiling cheerfully. “Hey, sis and future bro-in-law! And hey there, Melanie! I have loads to tell you!”

            I grinned. “Really? What is it?”

            “Jeremy talked to me! Can you believe it? I almost died in pleasure!”

            I stared at her blankly. “Jeremy? Who’s Jeremy?”

            “Wasn’t he your friend? That dark-haired dude with amazing sapphire blue eyes?”

            “Oh, he’s name is not Jeremy. He’s Jasper. Jasper Mendez,” I said, trying not to laugh at Roxanne’s epic fail statement.

            She blushed. “Ah, right. Sorry about that. We didn’t talk much but he approached me during Phys Ed! He asked me if I know how to play volleyball. It’s our lesson for Phys Ed today and he doesn’t know how!”

            I laughed. “Yeah, that’s Jasper. He’s sporty but he doesn’t like volleyball that much. Saying it’s for girls and all that. He’s more of a basketball guy.”

            Roxanne sighed dreamily. “He’s really handsome…”

            I tried not to laugh again. If Jasper could hear this… it’ll definitely inflate his ego. I sighed. Thinking about Jasper made me miss home again.

            “So the human wasn’t any trouble?” Garret’s voice rang the living room. Suddenly, I found myself to be thrilled to see him again. It seemed like my day is complete when he’s here.

            I mentally slapped my face. Why the hell am I thinking about these kind of things? The guy is in love! He has already found a wife to be with forever! I sighed again. What a lucky bitch.

            “Nah, she wasn’t,” Flynn said, grinning. “She was a good girl.”

            Garret snorted. “Good. We dropped by at her house to pick up some things for her.”

            My jaw dropped. “You know where my house is?!”

            “Well, yes. We followed your sister after classes.”

            “You saw my sister?! Oh my God, have you seen my Mother?! Do both of them look okay?”

            “Your Mother wasn’t home. And well, your sister looks more than okay.”

            I frowned. “What do you mean?”

            Garret scratched his head awkwardly. “Um, she brought a guy over and they were doing something… well, private.”

            I blushed. “Oh… Yeah… Well, what do you have for me?”

            Roxanne tossed me a big white bag. “I managed to get some clothes for six days and some bras and panties. By the way, nice thongs!”

            Everybody laughed while I blushed angrily. “I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult.”

            “It’s a compliment, don’t worry.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Anyway, I better take a bath. I want to change to my own clothes.”

            “Okay! And wear the thongs. I’m pretty sure Garret would drool over you,” Flynn said, winking at me teasingly.

            He and Xayranne laughed while Garret just glared at his brother. Roxanne, however, stared at the ground silently. Huh, weird. I shrugged nonchalantly and left the living room.

            “Your house looks so… home-y.”

            Immediately, I turned and saw Garret, leaning on the door of my room. I breathed a sigh of relief and placed a hand on my chest, calming my race heart. “Oh, it’s just you. What are you doing here?”

            He shrugged and walked to my bed, sitting on it. I raised my eyebrow. What the hell is the Vampire Prince here? Am I in trouble or something? “Well, when Roxanne was picking out your clothes, I roamed inside your room and found a very weird notebook.”

            “Notebook? What notebook?”

            “This.” He raised his hand and I gasped when I saw my songbook on it.

            “What the—? Give it back!” I screamed, reaching for it. But he was too fast and he immediately raised his hand higher to the air, making sure I can’t reach it. He’s too freaking tall for me. “You jerk! Give it back! That’s invading my privacy!”

            “What is this?” Garret asked, smirking as he watched me, amused.

            “A notebook, you idiot! A notebook that I own so give it back!”

            “I don’t think this is a normal notebook. Is this your diary?”

            “No! Of course not! I don’t keep diaries.”

            “Well, then, what is it?”

            I sighed angrily and took a step backward, crossing my arms on my chest. “It’s a songbook. I write songs. But only Jasper and Amanda knows about that. My Mother and Melissa don’t.”

            “You write songs?” Garret repeated, cocking an eyebrow. “Are you kidding me? You’re not the type of girl that likes to write songs.”

            “Oh yeah? Well shocking news, Garret. I love to write songs.”

            “Then why do you keep it a secret?”

            “It’s not a secret! Jasper and Amanda knows about it.”

            “Only them? Why not tell your Mom?” he asked, frowning at me, confused.

            I sighed angrily again. Why does he care if I write songs?! Is he actually serious? “What is it with you?! And why do you even care?!”

            “Do you write crappy songs?”

            My jaw dropped. “No! Jasper and Amanda actually likes it!”

            “Then why keep it a secret?”

            “Because I don’t want anyone to know about it! That’s why it’s a secret,” I said, rolling my eyes. “How stupid could you get?”

            “So your songs are not crappy?”

            “Of course not!”

            “So do you mind if I read?” he asked, smirking as he flipped the notebook open to the first page.

            I gasped. “Garret!”

            He looked down at me, still smirking. “Yes?”

            I rolled my eyes and sighed in a defeated way. “Fine! I’ll sing a song for you. Just don’t… read it all. Some of them are embarrassing, okay? And some of it are from personal experiences. So please, if you mind!”

            His eyes twinkled with amusement. “You’re going to a sing for me? How cute.”

            I glared at him. “You pick a song.”

            “Hmm…” he muttered as he flipped to another page. After a minute or two, he handed me the notebook. “Sing this song.” He pointed to a song on the fourth page.

            I glanced at it before glaring at Garret. “But you need to promise me that you won’t tell anyone about this. I don’t want anyone to know.”

            “Depends.”

            “Garret!”

            “Yes, Melanie?”

            I sighed angrily. “You’re insufferable.”

            “And you’re stubborn. Sing.”

            I rolled my eyes before clearing my throat.

            “She can’t see the way your eyes will light up when you smile

            She never noticed how you stop and stare whenever she walks by

            And you can’t see me wanting you the way you want her

            But you are everything to me

            And I just want to show you, she don’t even know you

            She’s never gonna love you like I want to

            And you just see right through me but if you only knew me

            We could be a beautiful miracle, unbelievable

            Instead of just invisible, yeah

            (skip to the last part)

            Like shadows in the faded light, oh, we’re invisible

            I just wanna open your eyes and make you realize

            And I just want to show you, she don’t even know you

            Baby, let me love you, let me want you

            You just see right through me but if you only knew me

            We could be a beautiful miracle, unbelievable

            Instead of just invisible, oh yeah

            She can’t see the way your eyes will light up when you smile.”

            I sighed and put the book down. I glanced back at Garret who was staring at me, his mouth open slightly in shock. I raised an eyebrow. “Yeah? What do you think?”

            “That… that was a beautiful song.”

            I blushed. I’m not good in compliments. I rarely get them. “Um… thanks.”

            “No, seriously. I can relate to it,” Garret said, running a hand to his hair nervously. “The girl that I like doesn’t like me back.”

            I frowned. Is this the same girl that Xayranne told me about? “Oh?”

            “Yeah.”

            “How do you know?”

            “Well, I just think that she doesn’t like me.”

            I gulped as I recalled the lyrics inside my head. The person in the song is trying to say that she’s invisible to the guy she loves because the guy she loves love someone else. This song perfectly fits Roxanne.

            But I do think that this song perfectly fits me, too. To Garret, I’m just invisible.

            I mentally slapped my face again. And so what if Garret thinks I’m invisible? Isn’t that a good thing? Argh, I don’t get this at all!

            Then suddenly, Garret smiled at me. No, not one of his smirks but a real, true genuine smile. My heart skipped a beat as I smiled back at him.

            “Don’t worry, I’ll tell no one that you can sing. By the way, you have a nice voice.”

            Still smiling, I nodded. “Thanks. So we’re cool now?”

            And just like that, the smile on his face turned into a smirk. “Of course,” he said as he ruffled my hair, messing it up. Then he stood up, smirked at me one last time and left the room.

            I glared at the door as he closed it behind him. Oh well. What will happen to the world when Garret is all goody-goody?

So this chapter is not what I expected. -.- Oh well, at least I wrote a chapter. xD Hahaha. Anyway, sophomore week is sooo tiring, but still fun. :)) Thanks to school, I think I'm going to update my stories in Saturdays and Sundays from now on. Argh. :(

The song of this chapter is Invisible by: Taylor Swift. :) Yeppo, the song is real and Melanie Meyer sang it. xD Hahaha. If you want to read the lyrics while hearing Melanie sing it, click on the video on the side. :) 

I don't like this chapter but if you do, thank you so much! :) Hahaha. <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 13.5K 39
Katie Vaselle was a regular girl. She had friends, good grades, and a vampire for and English teacher. When Katie meets hot, sexy, and charming Mr.Sh...
229K 10.1K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
36.6K 1.4K 29
Seventeen-year-old Raven Thorne thought moving with her mother from her crowded hometown in California to a small, gloomy town in Washington called F...
21 0 51
People don't actually care, they're just curious. That's what eighteen-year-old Ace Meyers has always thought when it came to people wanting to get c...