THE CONFESSION DILEMA (s. lop...

By ashleebooks

Lexi Carrington, the adopted daughter of renowned fashion designer and former singer Amanda Carrington, lives... More

DISCLAIMER
CHARACTERS
INTRODUCTION
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Wheels
Ballad
Hairography
Mattress
Sectionals
Hell-O
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Laryngitis
Dream On
Theatrically
Funk
Journey To Regionals
Thank You!

Mash-Up

842 25 2
By ashleebooks

"GLEE" Season 1, Episode 8: MASH-UP!!!!

*NOTE: I do not own the Glee characters or Jordin Sparks. Lexi, Lonny, and Lonny's family is all I own. Thank you.*
×××
Lonny was late to glee practice. When she arrived, she took a seat next to her best friend. She heard Lexi and the rest of the club talk about something.

"This is a disaster. Our reputation as McKinley High's "it" couple is in serious jeopardy if we don't find some way to be cool again, Finn." Quinn says as she patted the towel on Finn's face.

"The slushy war has commenced." Artie says.

"And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe." Kurt says.

Lonny looks at Lexi in shock. Someone slushied Finn and Quinn? Lexi nods her head slowly.

"Okay, guys," Mr. Shue says as he walks inside the choir room. "We're a little behind for Sectionals thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour. But you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I'm gonna keep you guys fired up. Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. But the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like chocolate and bacon."

Lexi gags at thinking about those foods together. Mr. Shue hands out sheet music.

"Or Glee club and football." Finn speaks up.

"Exactly." Mr. Shue agreed, "But you've proven that it is a great combination. So here is my favorite song. And your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

"Bust a Move?" Lonny questioned.

"Yeah, this is old school." Artie says.

"Alright," Mr. Shue says clapping his hands together before wheeling Artie over to the band. "Um, Artie. Try to follow along on the bass." He then points to Finn at the drum kit, "Finn, take us through it."

"Uh, I'm sorry Mr. Schuster. I got corn syrup in my eye." Finn says and winced when Quinn poked him in the eye.

"Okay. Uh, Puck how about it?"

"I don't really groove on Young MC." Puck says, defending himself.

"I am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now." Rachel complained.

"It's okay, Rachel. Mercedes you done good with Gold Digger?" Mr. Shue says turning to Mercedes.

"I'm really not up for that right now, Mr. Shue." Mercedes says.

"I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." Mr. Shue sighs as he unbuttoned his shirt and threw it over the music stand.

(Bust a Move by Young MC)

When they finished, they all clapped. They had to admit, it's a pretty good song.
***
"Hey, Lon. Are you okay?"

Lonny looks at her best friend and nods.

"Yeah, why shouldn't I be?"

"Last night we were supposed to have our normal 'Tuesday Text All-Nighter' but you didn't answer any of my texts. So I tried calling you but you never picked up." Lexi says.

"Oh, I was helping my mom with her work. My mom always needs a bit of extra help with her crime lawyer papers. My dad's out of town for the week. I guess I over slept." Lonny explains.

"Oh, okay." Lexi says nodding.

"But I promise you that I will text you tonight." Lonny says.

"Okay." Lexi says a smile.

Mr. Shue walks in and Lexi turns away from her best friend.

"So any ideas for the mash-up?" Mr. Shue asks the glee club waiting for someone to perform, "Anybody? No? Oh, come on, guys! It's like your daring me to start dancing."

"On no." Lonny mutters under her breath.

"I've been working on something." Puck says as he turned away from the band.

"Oh, yeah?" Mr. Shue asks surprised.

"It's my personal tribute to a musical Jewish icon." Puck says as he walks near the center of the room.

"Uh, fantastic," Mr. Shue says as he sat down. "Let's hear it."

Puck nods and started playing.

(Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond)

When Puck finished, eveyone clapped. He looks into Rachel's eyes with a smile on his face. Rachel blushes lightly as she looks into his eyes.
***
Lexi was at her locker when a random guy walked up to her. Normally, she would have sent him away. But she realized that she needed to get out of her little 'Smart Funk' or that's what Santana calls it. Maybe she can make a certain boy jealous.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me on Saturday...." The boy trailed off but Lexi zoned out of the conversation. She was already not interested. This is harder than she thought. She saw Finn and Quinn walking by.

"I think we look cool." Finn says with a grin plastered on his face.

"I'm proud of you, Finn," Quinn says as she looks at the tall boy. "I'm proud of us."

"Yeah."

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be popular. It just means you want people to like you. I think that's healthy." Quinn says.

"I totally agree." Finn says.

"Being popular means you can have it all." Quinn says smiling.

A group of football players came up to Lexi. They were each holding a slushy.

"No!" Lexi shouts, covering herself with her jacket.

"Don't you worry 'bout a thing, princess. I would never hurt you." Azimio says making Lexi gag, "But I wanted to get you're attention so you didn't miss the show."

"What show?" Lexi asks. Azimio winks at her before walking away with his cup, his clan following him.

"Oh, hey, guys." Finn says as the group surrounded him and Quinn.

"You thirsty?" Karofsky asks.

"Sure." Finn says. They all threw their drinks at the couple.

"You can't do this!" Finn yells as he wipes his eyes. He looks like he was ready to punch one of them. Or all of them.

"Oh, you think that's bad? Just imagine what's gonna happen if you don't show up to practice on Thursday and quit that little Glee club for good! Bros before hi-hos, dude." Azimio says as they all dropped their empty cups and walked away.

"Um, I'll see you later." Lexi says to the boy as she walks away towards Finn.

"Hey, do you need some help?" She asks.

"Lexi? Oh, that will be great." Finn says.

Lexi led him into the boys locker room and pulled out a chair for him to sit on. She picks up a couple of towels and turned one of the showers on to dampen one.

"What made you think wearing sunglasses would be a good thing?" Lexi asks as she started wiping Finn's face.

"Miss. Pillsbury said that celebrities always wear them." Finn chuckles, "And they're popular."

There was silence for a moment before Finn broke it.

"You know, you're a bit more gentle than Quinn is."

Lexi chuckles, "Trust me, I'm not. Someone taught me how to be gentle when doing this kind of stuff. Before, I was rough."

"Who taught you?" Finn asks.

Lexi stops and butterflies started forming inside of her stomach as she blushed.

"Kurt." Lexi answers.

Finn smiles as he realized that Lexi may have a crush on Kurt. He didn't want to ask her though, knowing that she might deny it. So he kept quiet as she continued to clean his face.
***
Lonny and Lexi walks into glee club and noticed everyone, minus some of the boys, watching the clock on the wall.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?" Lonny asks.

"Didn't you two hear?" Kurt asks and Lonny and Lexi shakes their heads.

"Coach Tanaka is making the boys pick between football and glee." Rachel says.

"Why?" Lexi asks as she and her best friend place their bags on the floor.

"Rumour has it his fiancée is attracted to Mr. Shue's ramen noodle hair and his extensive vest collection, he must be jealous." Santana says as Lonny stood next to her. Lexi stood next to Tina.

"Hey, guys." Mr. Shue says as he walks into the room.

"I guess they're not coming." Kurt says.

"I'm really sorry, guys." Mr. Shue says, trying to console them.

"How can they just abandon us?" Artie asks.

"Hi." Two male voices say. Everyone turned around at the door and saw Mike and Matt at the door. Santana, Brittany, and Lonny runs up and hugs them.

"I'm glad you made it." Brittany says to Mike.

"You scared me." Santana says to Matt.

"Thought you were gone." Lonny says to both Mike and Matt.

Puck walks inside the room as Rachel smiles and ran towards thim, engulfing him in a hug.

"Are you sure about this, Noah? I mean, choosing us over the team means you might get a slushy in your face everyday." Rachel says.

"Are they a thing?" Lonny asks Tina who nodded.

"Bring it." Puck spat.

"Where's Finn?" Lexi asks looking at Quinn.
***
Lexi turned around the corner and saw Kurt throw a slushy at himself. He was surrounded by Tina, Rachel, and Mercedes. Rachel frantically tried wiping the ice off of his body. Lexi noticed the tall football player standing there shocked.

"Now get out of here," Kurt says to Finn. "And take some time to think whether or any of your friends on the football team would have done that for you."

Finn walks away shocked. Kurt sighs as the slushy became sticky.

"Someone get me to a day-spa stat!" Kurt orders. The girls pulled him in the girls restroom. They started cleaning him up. Lexi wipes Kurt's face with a soft small towel she carries with her in case she gets slushied.

"Thanks, girls." Kurt says, "And Lexi, you're getting better at this."

Lexi smirks softly, "I learned from the best."

Kurt looks at her and smiles softly before Rachel turned on the sink water and began washing his hair.
***
Lonny sat on the bleachers as she sighs heavily. Her feelings for Quinn were getting stronger. She tried ways to tell her parents, but she feared they would kick her out. Santana was talking to Lonny about a new outfit she bought for an incredible and fair price. Lonny sees Rachel walk away from Puck. He looked upset.

"Hold on a second, San." Lonny says as she made her way towards him.

"You miss it?" Lonny asks as she sits down next to him.

"Hell no." Puck says looking at her.

"I like Quinn," Lonny admits. "But she's with Finn. And I've been so lost about who I am."

"They aren't right for each other." Puck states.

"Who?" Lonny asks.

"Finn and Quinn." Puck sighs.

"Why would you care, aren't you dating Rachel?" Lonny asks.

"No." Puck scoffs, "I dumped that chick."

Lonny nods her head understandingly.

It was silent for a while before Puck broke it.

"How did you know that you liked girls?"

A little shocked by that question, Lonny shrugs.

"I guess when I was five. When I was watching the Little Mermaid I told my parents that I thought Ariel was cute instead of Eric. I don't think they took me seriously, though." Lonny confessed.

She gets up and walks away, leaving Puck alone in his thoughts.
***
-Next Day-

In glee club, Lonny heard that Quinn got kicked off the Cheerios. She sat at the piano hitting a few keys as Finn walked inside the classroom with a tray of slushies. Wait, he's coming back?

"So, what do you think about my welcome back gift to the club, huh, guys?" Finn chuckles.

"Thanks for the slushies, Finn. They're delicious." Rachel says.

"And loaded with empty calories." Lonny says poking her straw in.

"You know why they call them Slushies? Because your butt looks like one if you have too many of them." Kurt says.

Lonny instantly released her mouth from the straw as she stared at the cup in disgust.

"I'd like to propose a toast." Finn says while lifting up his cup. "To Mr. Shue. You were right about Glee club and football being a killer combination."

"Mr. Shue, I am so sorry to report that we've been remiss about completing our assignment." Rachel says feeling disappointed.

"Yeah, none of us could find a good groove for "Bust a Move" and I personally feel like a failure." Artie says sighing.

"Well, that's okay, guys. Because I feel like the lesson landed. And that's what's important. And we are glad to have you back, Finn." Mr. Shue says as he pats Finn on the back.

"You okay, Quinn?" Mr. Shue asks.

"Do I look like I'm okay? I'm devastated." She looks into her cup, "Now that I'm off the Cheerios, I'll start everyday with a slushy facial."

"That's okay if that happens, Quinn, because there are 14 of your friends right here- who are gonna be more than happy to help clean you off." Mr. Shue says reassuring her.

"Yeah." Rachel says looking at Quinn.

"We're you're friends, Q." Lonny says blushing as she places her hand on Quinn's shoulder. Quinn smiled at her, blushing softly, too.

"That's right, girl!" Mercedes says making everyone laugh.

"Mhm, brain freeze. I can't imagine getting hit in the face with one of these." Mr. Shue says as he held his head.

"You've never had a slushy before, Mr. Shue?" Rachel asks. Everyone took their straws and top of the cup off.

"Um, alright, guys. We're a team. Bring it on. Gimme your best shot." Mr. Shue says as he spreads out his arms.

"One, two, three!" Finn counted.

Everyone threw their slushy at their teacher, laughing when Mr. Shue was covered in purple slushy.

"Oh. Alright. From the top." Mr. Shue says as everyone laughed again.
×××
End of Season 1, Episode 8: Mash-Up
Next: Season 1, Episode 9: Wheels!

Follow me on Wattpad:
Klaine103

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 32.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

88.9K 2K 37
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
269K 9.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...