Mash-Up

"GLEE" Season 1, Episode 8: MASH-UP!!!!

*NOTE: I do not own the Glee characters or Jordin Sparks

*NOTE: I do not own the Glee characters or Jordin Sparks. Lexi, Lonny, and Lonny's family is all I own. Thank you.*
×××
Lonny was late to glee practice. When she arrived, she took a seat next to her best friend. She heard Lexi and the rest of the club talk about something.

"This is a disaster. Our reputation as McKinley High's "it" couple is in serious jeopardy if we don't find some way to be cool again, Finn." Quinn says as she patted the towel on Finn's face.

"The slushy war has commenced." Artie says.

"And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe." Kurt says.

Lonny looks at Lexi in shock. Someone slushied Finn and Quinn? Lexi nods her head slowly.

"Okay, guys," Mr. Shue says as he walks inside the choir room. "We're a little behind for Sectionals thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour. But you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I'm gonna keep you guys fired up. Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. But the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like chocolate and bacon."

Lexi gags at thinking about those foods together. Mr. Shue hands out sheet music.

"Or Glee club and football." Finn speaks up.

"Exactly." Mr. Shue agreed, "But you've proven that it is a great combination. So here is my favorite song. And your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

"Bust a Move?" Lonny questioned.

"Yeah, this is old school." Artie says.

"Alright," Mr. Shue says clapping his hands together before wheeling Artie over to the band. "Um, Artie. Try to follow along on the bass." He then points to Finn at the drum kit, "Finn, take us through it."

"Uh, I'm sorry Mr. Schuster. I got corn syrup in my eye." Finn says and winced when Quinn poked him in the eye.

"Okay. Uh, Puck how about it?"

"I don't really groove on Young MC." Puck says, defending himself.

"I am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now." Rachel complained.

"It's okay, Rachel. Mercedes you done good with Gold Digger?" Mr. Shue says turning to Mercedes.

"I'm really not up for that right now, Mr. Shue." Mercedes says.

"I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." Mr. Shue sighs as he unbuttoned his shirt and threw it over the music stand.