AVALON

By palominolane

PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.COM Avalon has spent her entire life on her family's Cattle Station in Northern Queenslan... More

Chapter 1 - A Frank if you may
Chapter 2 - I like something with a bit more power between my thighs
Chapter 3 - arrogant dobbing a#$e
Chapter 4 - not impressive
Chapter 5 - Bad Sausage
Chapter 6 - ooops
Chapter 7 - this is war
Chapter 8 - Smurfs
Chapter 9 - I'll pray for you
Chapter 10 - Plans laid, advice given and questions asked
Chapter 11 - warnings unheeded
Chapter 12 - miscalculation
Chapter 12 - no undies
Chapter 13 - The Naked Chef
Chapter 14 - I Won't
Chapter 15 - Music to boost an excavator too
Chapter 16 - Satan
Chapter 17 - remorse and memories
Chapter 18 - stare fest
Chapter 19 - Down time
Chapter 20 - secondhand dart board
Chapter 21 - banana mooves
Chapter 22 - Rebel Heart
Chapter 23 - my choice
Chapter 23 - fury
Chapter 24 - lying in wait
Chapter 25 - my heart
Chapter 26 - cross roads
Chapter 27 - heart thud
Chapter 28 - annoying people
Chapter 29 - girlie
Chapter 30 - thinking
Chapter 31 - Angel's bum wiggle
Chapter 32 - Tear up me shoe
Chapter 33 - Dreams
Chapter 34 - I can
Chapter 35 - Deep breath
Chapter 36 - Tangled
Chapter 37 - Constant
Chapter 38 - Girl talk
Chapter 39 - coconuts
Chapter 40 - bull
Chapter 41 - Toddler
Chapter 42 - flint
Chapter 43 - wolf creek
Chapter 44 - Twang
Chapter 46 - Potatoes
Chapter 47 - Betrayal
Chapter 48 - Detached
Chapter 49 - Sauces
Chapter 50 - Channel Taylor Swift
Chapter 51 - Boys are moronic
Chapter 52 - Thornie
Chapter 53 - Boy talk
Chapter 54 - Changes
Chapter 55 - Carrots & apples
Chapter 56 - Ummm
Chapter 57 - sssssic 'em
Chapter 58 - Roses are red
Chapter 59 - Recharging
Chapter 60 - Have you?
Chapter 61 - The Land
Chapter 64 (I know I missed some... lol) The Land (b)
Chapter 65 - Bullmilker
Chapter 66 - Fear
Chapter 67 - My Fear
Chapter 68 - Monsters
Chapter 69 - Demons and Angels
Chapter 70 - Catching cold
Chapter 71 - Pictures of you
Chapter 72 - EAT ME
Because...

Chapter 45 - just playing

89.3K 2.1K 740
By palominolane

A/N - hey guys, here's the next bit. Thank you to all those of you who vote and comment, I love them. There will be one more chapter on camp before Av gets home and discovers... her surprise :)

Avalon POV

 "Av," D breathes my name as she gazes at the tattoo on my toe.

 "What do you think it means? The bad one or the good one?" Stretching my toe out of the water to admire, I think on how beautiful it is. Delicate, unlike me. It's more like it's creator in that respect, not that he's delicate in the physical sense.

 D laughs as I roll on my stomach in the cool water. The other girls are swimming deeper in the water, splashing and laughing while D and I talk in the shallows. Once we had walked the forty five minutes in the heat to this little oasis there was no cajoling to strip off and plunge into the cool water.

 After we got back from the tasks we had a dismal lunch of two minute noodles and were given free time until four thirty. I'm glad we won the extra plate of chicken and potatoes, Seth and Sam's tummies were rumbling like volcanoes about to explode.

 Amanda was almost unrecognizable she had been so angry, so angry that it is a certainty that she is going to try something. We won the second task easy; they had set up a test with a few items (two ropes, two planks of wood, a tarp, a bucket etc) for each team to cross another creek bed without getting wet. The edges were about two meters up from the low lying water. As I can lasso pretty good and tie knots of all kinds it was kind of an easy task.

 Amanda and her team tried to copy the lassoing technique; it was really amusing to see their faces puckered in concentration. Amanda even had a hissy fit when hers hit her in the back of the head. I had to give it to her, she tried again and this time had this if you can do it I can do face on and slipped down the edge of the bank adding more mud and dirt to her attire. She was probably extra pissed due to the fact Dave couldn't see her butt cheeks anymore.

 The third task was a ... bit different... I think I scared Dave to Timbuktu with my answer. We were walking along this trail to go to the last task when he cried out in pain. We all dashed back to find him writhing in pain on the side of the trail looking frantically around grasping on to his leg like it had been bitten.

 "Snake," he hissed. "Snake bit me."

 I leant forward and on his long pants were two dots of blood, fairly well spaced. The snake must have been bloody huge. Like over fifteen feet.

 "What type was it?" I crouched down looking around for the culprit.

"I don't know," he gasped clutching his leg. "Didn't see it."

A snake with fang spread that big would have given him at least a glimpse. Amanda pushed past me then and threw herself on him, rubbing her hot pink taloned hand over his, brown bits of dried out dirt flicked off on to his pants. Her brown eyes had looked out from their mud encrusted home to glare at me like this was all my fault.

"Bandage me someone quick," he threw his backpack in front of us. "There's first aid stuff in there."

"We have to find out what snake it was," I stood and brushed off the dirt from my hands, my eyes scanned the areas for the tell tale signs of the snake's trail. Even though it quite leafy I didn't see any.

"Why? Don't we just bandage him like they taught us?" Seth asked, leaning close to me again so that our arms were pressed together. His skin had felt smooth and cool in the heat.

"Yeah but what if it's a Taipan or a brown? We have to send someone running now and you guys will have to carry him. If it's a black we can just carry him, if it's a python we can tell him to man up and walk. Bandage him but try and mark the bite sites and don't touch the area around the bite in case I can't find the snake," Dave paled. I smiled suddenly thinking that this might be another 'simulated' first aid experience.

"I'll go now." I tested him.

'What?" Dave exploded fear saturating his voice. "No you don't need to!"

Oh yeah, I had thought. We had a trickster here.

"I'll do it, no biggie. It will save you going through the swab and stuff. I'll be quick," I pushed through into the bush. The type of bush we were walking around in right next to the creeks and stuff I'm pretty sure it will definitely have a snake residing somewhere close. I heard Dave yelling for someone to tell me to stop but no one came after me. Shock horror. I wished he'd quiet I down some the racket he's making he'll scare off any bloody snake in the area.

Ah ha. There curled in a little patch of sunlight was a big red belly, which I was delighted with because browns can get really agro quick. I won't deal with tigers at all, Nathan reckons it's because we have similar personalities, they don't bluff they just go you. Red belly's don't hark up so badly, they are usually pretty cool characters and try and bluff you out of whatever you're thinking if you get to close to them. We don't find many of these at home unless we are near a river or dam, they like the wet. I'd prefer these guys over browns any day.

This bloke was just under two meters long, enough to scare Dave from pulling another prank. I couldn't wait to see his face.

I don't relish handling snakes but I'm used to it. We have to move along snakes that hang near the dams and watering areas before the cattle come through, not that there's much danger to them, the snakes normally take off but there has been occasion where we've lost a cow to a snake bite on the face. They also love to hang in our feed sheds to catch the rats, pythons are allowed but anything else has to go.

This guy luckily was still sleepy when I cautiously grabbed him behind the head and his tail; I slowly lifted him letting him slide to a comfy position before starting back to Dave, who I might add was still crying out like a baby.

Nathan got bitten by a snake once, not a bad one still he said it hurt like hell, like boiling hot water had been injected into his leg. He didn't cry out like Dave did though but to give it some truth Nathan never really expresses pain at anything. He had thrown the snake about hundred meters though so I knew it must have hurt.

I had snuck up quietly behind Dave with the snake, which incidentally had become a whole lot more active with each step I took. Seth's eyes widened but he'd stayed quiet.

Sam bit his lip and moved back slightly.

"Right," I said as I'd knelt next to Dave. "Let's see if we have a match!"

Amanda had threw herself on the ground away from Dave, yabbering as if she couldn't get a breath in to scream out properly and did the bolt on her hands and knees as I put the snakes head closer to Dave's bandaged leg. Dave himself had let out a squeal that would put any girl to shame and jumped up so quickly that the rush of wind raged against my face.

"Don't move around mate," I said seriously. "The venom will circulate faster."

Dave started to splutter and back backwards as I advanced with the red belly extended out toward him. "We have to see if it was this snake, mate. Sit down so I can see if it matches the bite spread!"

I could already tell it wouldn't as I said the dots of blood on his legs were over two inches apart.

Dave didn't move instead he started to make funny choking noises as I came closer, his hands were waving frantically and his eyes were as wide as a wild, cornered brumby's.

"No-o-o-o," he spluttered.

"Not this one you reckon?" I say shrugging the snake in my arms. "I agree, the fang spread on your leg indicates one much, much bigger. Hold this one for a tic and I'll have a look for a bigger one."

I walked forward and casually holding the red belly out to him like I was fully expecting him to take it. What I was not expecting was for him to suddenly turn on his heel and sprint off leaving us all standing there in shock.

Sam and Seth started to crack up.

"I wonder if these guys have heard of the boy who cried wolf?" I asked rolling my eyes. "I'm not helping again!"

Seth had gone to put his arm around my shoulders but hastily dropped it when he realized that I still had the snake.

"I'm pretty sure they will rejoice about your restraint," Seth drawled.

"Well we'll know if he was really bitten. He ran out of here like a bat outta hell and if that doesn't circulate the venom in three seconds he wasn't bitten," Sam laughed evilly.

"Good on you Avalon!" Amanda shrieked. "Now he's left us out here in the middle of nowhere. We are looooooooooost!" she wailed clutching at her friends in a huddle.

"You maybe are but I'm not." I send her a sweet smile.

D's soft voice reminds me I'm here in the lake with her.

"Depends on what you think is good or bad. I think it means that he likes you," she smiles at me. "A lot."

I don't know how I exactly feel about that. I can feel my blood racing quicker through my body but... my mind is not totally ready to do a cart wheel.

 "Do you mean as friends? Or..."

D chuckles, "I'm not expert but I believe it's the 'or' one."

A smile blooms on my face with me actually wanting it to and I can't hide it quickly enough.

"Do you like him Av?" D says. I like the way she asks and talk about things. She is not judgmental at all. Just supportive.

I close my eyes to think, "I don't know. I mean, I've only ever felt 'funny' around one other guy before and both Seth and Noah make me feel more 'funny' than he ever did."

"I've noticed the way Seth looks at you, he's kind of changing you know? He would never have even given any of us the time of day before you. And he and Sam have not said one mean thing since you told them not to, in fact the other day at school Seth gave the evil eye to a girl that called me... you know. Which one do you like the most?" D puts her hand under her chin and watches me. I can tell she likes talking about this stuff, I mean its ok I guess but I don't really understand it like they do.

"I don't know if I like any of them like 'that'. I'm my own person you know, I don't want to change them and I don't want to change either. I like different things about each of them and I want to hang out with them all, I just can't shake these stupid feelings I get when I'm around them two." I groan into my hands, I hate my body's reactions.

"I get those with Jarrod but he will never like me like that. At least you have a chance," D says so wistfully I turn to look at her.

"What do you mean you don't have a chance? D you're gorgeous, you're smart and talented and you're caring and you have the most amazing nature ever! Why would you say that?"

D blushes, "thank you Av, but guys don't look for that."

"Apart from the fact that you are beautiful if a guy is after something other than all I've listed than he's a jerk and doesn't deserve you. Don't waste your time, you deserve more. But I don't think Jarrod is like that, I work with a lot of guys and he seems like someone that would fit in with us at home and we don't care what you look like, just your talents and character."

I'm pretty sure I've seen Jarrod's gaze linger on D.

"I think Jarrod seems nice like that, I'm just so shy and don't know what to do," D turns to looks at me. "I'm no good at this."

"Join the club. Just be yourself and I'm sure will Jarrod will take the reins but honestly I have no idea about how that works either so it's the blind leading the blind here. I mean Seth just asked me to go on a date with him so I figure the boys ask the girls," I say thoughtfully.

"Did you say yes?"

"Nope."

"I didn't think you would," D chuckles to herself.

"Why?"

"You just seem to free or something," D smiles at the sky.

"At home I am free, well mostly. Angus and Dad like to think they have some control. I can't stand the thought of being fenced by someone and if I went out on that date with Seth he would think that I'm agreeing to be his turf or whatever he calls it and I really have a fun time with Noah – when he's normal- and Seth would be all 'no way'." I imitate his you're not going near him voice.

"So would Noah," D giggles. "He wouldn't let you near Seth."

"Arggh that's why I'm staying friends, guys are so much more complicated than horses." I take a moment to dive under the water relishing the feel of he coolness wash over my forehead.

"So who was the other guy?" D asks as I surface.

"Jesse Holden, he's works on the neighboring stations." I wonder if we would be together had Nathan let him work on our property. That is, I guess, if Nathan hadn't lured him off and shot him then buried him in a shallow grave somewhere.

"So he would be in the lead because he knows your life?"

I frown thinking about her question.

Would he?

Is he?

"I don't think so. I'm so jumbled up about this stuff. I have to put this in my terms... which is horses." I roll over again and stare up at the sky. "Okay I'll pretend I'm at the sales and I see these three horses that have caught my eye."

I close my eyes and picture a yard where three stallions stand out form all the rest. Stallions because, I would never go for a guy that is as easy going as gelding can be and for the fact that these guys are like stallions in their mannerisms and I am pretty sure they would be hell bent on keeping whatever mare they chose as theirs.

             "One this beautiful palomino stallion, prancing to the tune of whatever audience he's in front of. He's strong and powerfully built but he has his own mission. His mind is hidden by walls of ideals that he and others around him have created. He will only accept a rider that will take him there and by that I mean just sit there and let him rule the ride. Because that  ride to his dream, in his thoughts, is going to go smoothly without any detours or attempts on turning him.

            His trainers – his parents- feed him on the hard food that is competition and he looks every bit the part. Wherever he goes he's always looking to impress, to dominate, to be the one that's shining. If I bought him we would fight because I would want him to relax, to listen, to feel, to give. To live life. To enjoy the ride not to keep looking for the end. I could imagine he would have a hard mouth towards doing something that isn't in his plan to succeed, yet to me you have to try everything to get experience and to succeed; you have to listen, to learn.

            He would be an amazing horse though if he let go. But would he fit my life? Away from the crowds and the dreams where you work hard every day without and kudos?

            He sees riders as avenues, stepping stones... not partners and even when I'm in front of him I have the feeling his eyes would roam.

            When I approach him he is hesitant at first, rearing and kicking out at me until he seems to decide that somehow I could fit into that dream, then he prances over with his man and tail rippling like banners and stands close letting his breath fan out over my arms and his rump press against my back.

            Than there is this station bred stallion, he's good looking, strong and is proven to work all day. I could get on him and he would know every aid I gave, he would be scared of nothing in my life, happy to live and work everyday and I would not have to teach him anything. He would be the perfect horse for me because he's been there, done that and he lives the way I do.

            But... there is no challenge there... and for some reason that doesn't seem as attractive to me as it did before. He comes over to me and nudges me so I stumble only to grab me by the back of my shirt and hold me up. He turns and indicates his back, he is ready to go. There is no hesitation. No thought that I won't be the rider for him. Forever.

            Than there is this dark horse standing still right over in the corner, moody, sullen and watchful. He's strong and he's fit and even though I can see he's covered with scars and old injuries I can see that he could work hard. His ears are plastered to his neck the whole time and if one of the other horses goes near him he attacks it with no holds barred.

             I see many other interested riders approach him only to be snapped at or kicked but when I walk over to him he watches me with these eyes... eyes that captivate me. His ears come forward and follow my journey toward him. He snuffles my hand and pushes me with his head, gently. And although I've seen the other rides get bitten when they go to touch him he allows me to stroke his face.

But that's it.

            When I move to run my hands down his legs to feel for his injuries he backs up and whirls away snorting and blowing through his nostrils. I move off only to find that he begins to follow me. I let him lip the back of my shirt and turn again to pat him which he allows but as my hand moves down his strong neck his ears flatten. I'm not going to put up with that at all so I raise my whip and crack it sending him backwards in surprise. His nostrils flare again and so does something in his eyes, something I don't understand.

            I can see he would make a great horse with TLC, he would be a one person horse. One that would be happy to bolt across the paddock just for the hell of it or work hard to bring in the cattle. He just has all these scars over that if he would just let me I could help melt off. But maybe he has too many and what if someone else has tried and made them worse.

What if he doesn't get on with my brother's?

What if he is really a one person horse and can't stand me being near anyone else?

D there is so many things about each of them that are good and some things that stop me taking a huge leap and galloping off into the sunset." The image of the three horses stays strong in my mind.

"I'm glad I don't ride horses, I'd be really in over my head! They all sound scary!" D giggles.

"Let's hope Jarrod is a happy pony that you can just slide you leg over and jump on then," I laugh feeling better for letting all those crazy boys are horses thoughts out. It has made me realise one thing though, patience with horses is a must. I have no need to even worry about this now. I just need to live and see what happens.

I hope Harry has got the truck passed or I'll be devastated beyond belief. I can't wait to ride on Saturday.

"Av?" Tina calls out.

"Yep?"

"Where did you hang our clothes?" her voice holds a strange note.

"I didn't move them," I call out moving into the deeper water toward them, D by my side.

"Did you?" I turn to her, she shakes her head.

"They're gone!" Ruth yells from the waters edge. "Someone's taken our clothes!"

"What?" D says. "She's kidding right?"

The others are lying in the water at the edge trying to see where the clothes could be without actually getting out of the water to show their nakedness.

"I bet it was the boys!" Lucy giggles earning a few sideways glances.

"What?" she says after a minute her cheeks flaming red.

"If it was they are still probably around here," Ruth says letting Luce of the hook.

"Guys bring them back or Avalon will get something scary and chase you with it!" Tina shouts out with her hands cupped around her mouth.

I look at her. I'm naked here too people.

No response, not even any laughter and knowing Seth he wouldn't be able to resist.

"I don't know if it I think it was them," I say slowly, thinking back to Amanda's vindictive face. This is something an evil girl would do. Boys would stay around and taunt us with the clothes... I know Nathan would anyway.  But Amanda? Amanda would take them and take them back to camp so we had to walk in naked. I smile at her stubbornness.

"Oh no! Not Amanda!" Lucy cries out in alarm. "She'll burn them!"

"Well let's take a minute to think how extra lucky it was that I hid all the matches then," I chuckle. "It was a forty five minute walk and I think we were on this side for around fifteen before we went deeper. I'm pretty sure I could catch her."

"There's no way Av, she would have half an hour start," D frowns.

"Oh hey! I found someone's white bloomers," Tina chuckles holding up a wet pair of undies.

"Oh god they're mine!" Ruth covers her face. "They are clean before everyone starts teasing me."

"Can I wear them?" I ask holding out my hand for them.

"Are you really going to run after her Av?" Lucy asks.

"I'm not going to run but the horse is," I grab the undies Tina throws at me before they sink and maneuver in to them. The worst thing would be to ride bareback naked.

Once I hid Jordan's clothes at the dam and he had to ride home naked, he was so angry. Nathan kept teasing him saying he was sick of finding hairballs in their shared toilet. I can imagine a girl doing it would be worse.

"A horse?" D repeats.

"A horse. Do you reckon Amanda will like being ridden down like a cow on the loose?" I laugh imagining it.

"What shall we do? I don't want to get caught walking back naked by the guys or anything," Ruth starts.

"Lucy does," Tina giggles.

"I do not," Lucy squeals splashing water in Tina's face.

"Lucy and Sam," Ruth cries diving back into the water before Lucy can splash her.

**

SETH pov

We've been playing touch footy since the girls left for their skinny dip about just over an hour ago. I'm not game to go in to Av's tent to get some fresh clothes so I just throw my shirt over the top of the tent and sit down across from Sam.

"So what the hell is with you being all Mr Friendly and shit to Lucy? Do you like her?" I ask pointedly, it had annoyed me all day that Sam had done a three sixty on his smart arse self.

"Not like that," he says cryptically before holding one of Av's water bag things up over his mouth and letting the water fill up his gob.

"What? Mate you never have girl 'friends' what the hell is up with you?" I gesture for the water bag.

"Yeah but maybe I've been missing out you know. Av is awesome to hang around and she likes these guys I just thought I would give it a go and plus I need to try for her sake," he looks off into the trees.

"I don't get it," Sam isn't a deep person. He is the pickiest chick critic in the world. I understand he digs Avalon because hell she's not afraid of him in the least but he's acting all friendly to everyone now. Isn't he worried it will come back to bite him? That he will get run over because he's turned soft?

"Av paid for me to get started on the course man. The more I think about it the more I like the thought of being a personal trainer, I reckon I'm almost made for it but I'm not going to get any work being an arsehole. This is my chance to really try to work out how to be ... whatever... you know friendly and stuff to get work you know. She believed in me and I don't want to let her down. My own parent's would have laughed in my face if I told them that's what I wanted to be but she didn't, she bloody paid for me man. So these are her friends I'm going to make the effort to be nice and stuff. I don't give a fu*k what you or anyone else thinks."

I just stare at Sam like he's grown forty six heads and a unicorn horn. Sam is as I said not a deep person; he has rarely ever mentioned his parents in the whole time we have hung out. I never realised that he was thinking of any of this... I never realised just how much he thought of Avalon. How much he was taking her attitude to heart.

"So you're really going to go through with the whole divorce club running training thing?" I try not to stare at him because I run the risk of him bashing my head in but still it's just fricken unbelievable.

He turns to me now and his eyes zero in on mine. I know he is dead serious. "Yes I bloody am and I'm going to make those women kick arse."

Avalon has sure rubbed off on someone. He kind of sounds like me with my dream now. Tenacious. Thinking back I guess Sam has just followed me because he didn't have a direction, I've had my direction for years and nothing will sway me. It's odd to see him with a purpose. I actually am so dumbfounded I don't know what to say.

"I may need you're help though," Sam says after a while. "I mean I'm not great at maths but hell Avalon is dismal. I'd rather not have her offer to help me again."

I laugh out loud in agreement.

"Do you hear that?" Sam asks sitting bolt upright.

I listen carefully, my ear more attuned to the rustling in our tent to anything else.

A distant and familiar scream splits the air.

The owner some one that has screamed more than anyone else on this camp so far.

Sam gets up a smile splitting his face. "I bet you Av's is back."

We walk over to where everyone has stopped and is staring into the bush. Dave walks over like his whole terrified bushman thing earlier never happened.

"Who was that?" he asks.

"Your girlfriend," Sam smirks. Dave is about to say something smart arse but his gaze lands on Sam's bare chest. Sam is huge for a teenage boy, as I've said before he doesn't like home much and spends his time at the gym. Not many people would willingly provoke him. Noah is probably the only guy our age that does willingly provoke Sam. And that in itself sums it up, you'd have to be a psycho to have a go at him.

Thinking of Noah brings a sour taste to my mouth, I'm glad Av was joking about being with him. If she was I would seriously have to retaliate because... she's mine whether she knows it or know. I don't know who would be easier to restrain... I think Noah to be honest. Av would act like bloody bull from yesterday and charge me.

"I wonder what's happened to her?" Matt asks walking up as we all listen to the shrieks coming nearer from the bush.

The whole crowd of us murmurs one word, "Avalon."

"What's that noise?" someone asks and I strain my ears.

I can hear a familiar thudding sound. My heart kind of falters there for a moment before I realise it can't be a horse. Amber, the evil red devil horse, was left safe and sound at Harry's and no one knew where we were going so he couldn't have brought her to Avalon.

Amanda bursts through the bush, her face the picture of pure exhaustion mixed with terror. Her knees are red from falling and her eyes find the group of us with relief.

And then out of the bush bursts... a horse and I narrow my eyes a bit. I forget the whole where the hell did Avalon find a horse because Avalon looks like she's only wearing undies...

"Holy sh!t!" Sam breathes out. "Is she topless?"

About ten people take off like relay sprinters as they come closer, one guys whipping out his camera in seconds.

Avalon is herding Amanda like she does the bulls, harrying her and directing her. The horse's grey legs rising high as it runs behind the scurrying girl. How the hell can she just ride like that, it's like she was born on a horse. Avalon actually seems more comfortable on a horse than walking.

Amanda makes it to a picnic bench near the shed where the stores over, begging for Mr Keegan to rescue her, for Dave... for anyone. Glancing at Dave who's eyes are stuck on Avalon he seems to be torn, one emotion is admiration and the other... a healthy dose of fearful respect.

Avalon proceeds to ride the horse closer, her hair some how held over her breasts by a thin piece of something. Avalon I can see doesn't care less that she is half naked. And I swear she looks so beautiful it' almost indescribable. I want her more than ever.

"I thought she didn't wear undies," Sam chuckles.

"She doesn't," I frown wondering. Trying to focus on something other than Av's half naked body.

Avalon rides the big grey horse right up on to the table, its front legs between Amanda's as she cries hysterically, cowering behind her raised hands. The horse is tossing its big head making her add choking sobs into the mix.

"Now you've had some fun cow, where are our clothes?" Av's tone is calm as she sits on the horse that is now pawing at the seat its front legs are on.

Amanda says something unintelligible.

"Pardon?" Av says politely.

"Avalon!" Mr Keegan runs over to the bench, obviously going to try to get Amanda out from under the horse's hooves. Av some how manages to move the horse so it's butt is facing Mr Keegan who looks at a loss at how to deal with this. I'm glad I'm not eh only one who finds horses intimidating. Even though they are grass eaters they are pretty bloody scary.

"I hate you!" Amanda screams suddenly causing the horse to jump it's front legs up a bit, I can hear the wood creaking under its weight.

 "Honey," Av says sweetly. "Water off a ducks back."

 "One day!" Amanda starts. "One day I will find something that gets you. That makes you pay for all this. You will be on your knees begging me to stop! I'm going to bring you down if it's the last thing I do!"

 "Amanda!" admonishes Mr Keegan.

 Suddenly everyone goes quiet because Av under goes that change from innocent and sweet to that downright spine chilling hard cold. Whatever Av has thought of Amanda I hope never goes there.

 "I'm just playing with you right now, Amanda. I warn you if you ever find that something that would effect me enough to get on my knees and act on it I will take you out somewhere that no person will ever tread, so far away from civilization that you could walk for days without even a sign of life and then I will tie you to a tree and skin you from the knees down so that you can really experience the joys of bush pigs. And while they rip the flesh from you feet upwards, I will occasionally glance up to see their progress while I read Harry Potter."

 No one says anything until Avalon breaks the shocked silence by laughing like it was all a big joke. But deep down I know that if Amanda did something to Amber or Harry... Avalon would retaliate in ways that you would never think possible for someone that looks like her.

 I hope for Amanda's sake she just leaves Av alone. Avalon is made from something else.

 "Give me the clothes!" Av repeats a touch of coldness still in her voice.

 Amanda breaks down again sobbing.

 "Avalon," Mr Keegan starts. "Get off the horse."

 Even I know once Avalon is on a horse, she will never surrender her position. It's where she feels safe, where she feels at home and where she feels... in control. Av would sleep on that horse tonight if she could.

 She just looks at Mr Keegan, not a care in the world about her nakedness. "Not until she gives up where she put our clothes."

 Dave and Matt are talking softly behind us something about ditching plan A and an early mark.

"Amanda, where did you put the clothes?" Mr Keegan asks sternly.

 "I threw them in the bush off the path!" she hisses and I can tell she's proud of herself.

 Av somehow gets the horse to rear its legs right up and then back down to the ground whirling it so its back legs are right in front of Amanda who takes the opportunity to scramble over to the other side of the bench.

 Av stares at her for a moment and somehow gets the horse prancing underneath her; no one can take their eyes from her. She turns the horse and they gallop back into the bush followed by Amanda's sobs.

 "Shut up Amanda," Sam says as we walk past her. "You're constant crying is making my bloody ears bleed."

A/N - did you enjoy that one? let me know. Sorry I can't answer all your comments (I've got only 12 more days until the end of term YAY) just tryignt o study hard until then. nad all you Noah fans, he will return in the next chapter. Please please vote! (that is if you enjoyed it at all)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 35.7K 26
*{COMPLETED}* *First book of MHIAG* That's when I remembered that I bumped into someone. I looked up quickly to be met with two grey eyes looking me...
207 25 18
Fay Harlow had grown up in Warlock Australia for most of her childhood once she was old enough - and with permission from her dad - she took off to L...
6.6K 380 27
Ally Johnsen was an ordinary horse loving 14 year old girl until the day came that would change her life, forever. After a big fall during a competi...
231 31 26
Jessie White isn't your average woman. She's a Southern woman. Some women at the age of twenty-four are still in college or starting a new job. Jessi...