fire flower; leopold vermilli...

By jibblies

"I know you think nothing of me, I know you probably want to send me back to the boonies, so why?! Why do you... More

Author's Note
COVER CREDS
Chapter 2: Mission
Chapter 3: The Dungeon
Chapter 4: Mayhem
Chapter 5: Injury
Chapter 6: Return
Chapter 7: The Black Market
Chapter 8: Vorla Cafe
Chapter 9: Thanks
Chapter 10: Tears
Chapter 11: Invitation
Chapter 12: The Crimson Ball
Chapter 13: Captive
Chapter 14: Burn
Chapter 15: Infirmary
Chapter 16: Apology
Chapter 17: Second Chance
Chapter 18: The Stars
Chapter 19: Departure
Chapter 20: Companion
Chapter 21: Face To Face
Chapter 22: Open Water
Chapter 23: The Maze
Chapter 24: Tournament
Chapter 25: Sunshine
Chapter 26: Candidate
Chapter 27: The Test
Chapter 28: Deception
Chapter 29: Ambush
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Plan
Chapter 32: Infiltration
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Trial
Chapter 35: Imitation
Chapter 36: The Wolf
Chapter 37: Revolution
Chapter 38: Flight
Chapter 39: Glass
Chapter 40: Sea
Chapter 41: Chalice
Chapter 42: Breaking Point
Chapter 43: Unveiled
Chapter 44: Promise
Chapter 45: Nova
Chapter 46: Fortress
Chapter 47: Hope
Epilogue
Fire Flower Logs [#1]
Fire Flower Logs [#2]

Chapter 1: Encounter

9.4K 241 23
By jibblies

Sparring practice has just ended, and I wipe my face with the towel draped around my shoulders. Time to hit the showers and relax until I get a mission! This is one of those semi-free days that I've learned to appreciate. It's been a while since I've joined the Crimson Lions, but Captain Fuegoleon still gives me a steady stream of assignments so that I can find the ones that fit my abilities the best. So far dungeons are my preferred type of job, but I don't mind going after fugitives or criminals.

I make a turn and continue walking down the bright and airy hallway bordered by open arches. I smile faintly as I hear birds chirping from the courtyard. Stopping for a moment, I let the breeze cool my face. It's just so peaceful and quiet here, something that's pretty rare in the Crimson Lions' base. The trees and grass create splashes of green under the sunlight, and I can see butterflies hovering over roses and daisies alike.

Get to the showers, dummy. You'll definitely get missions today, so you gotta be in tip-top shape! I snap out of my daze and hurry down the hallway, breaking into a run. Just as I reach the end and make a sharp turn, I come face to face with a wall of muscle.

"Ow!" I yelp, jumping back, my nose tingling in pain from the collision. I look up, and to my dread, I find that I've run into Leopold Vermillion, the younger brother of Captain Fuegoleon. It seems he's come from the sparring ring as well, sweat drenching his white tank top and leftover concentration still creasing his face. He's infamous in the Crimson Lions for having little tolerance for commoners like me. Great, and I thought today was going to be a good day. I bow slightly, fear creeping up my spine. "I'm so sorry for bumping into you! It won't happen again!"

"It better not, commoner." I can feel his glare burning into my skin as I stare at the ground. He gives a huff and turns away, and I wait until his footsteps fade into the distance before I race straight to the showers. He really is as bad as they say! I should be more careful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.9K 43
Book 1 of "The Clover Prep" Series: Asta and Yuno have known each other since they were kids. Now, 10 years later they are about to go to Clover Prep...
8.6K 214 21
"We were Fated to be from the start?" Y/n Vermillion a carefree, free spirited, lazy and flirty Royalty being dragged to get her grimoire and take t...
150K 4.7K 68
"We were devoured with hate and despair, oblivious to the fact that there is still light in the midst of misery." -(Y/n) She was discovered by a man...
2.3K 198 27
Book 1 to "Klaus & Yuno's Danger-filled Romance" Series: Yuno has been in the Magic Knights squad, The Golden Dawn, for half a year. So far he has go...