Accept it or Leave it ✔️

By bboybandloverr

Phoebe Lanx is your average girl. She is that cheerful girl that everyone loves but then it happen to fall ap... More

Accept it or Leave it
Chapter One: The Bad Ass is Back.
Chapter Two: Unexpected News.
Chapter Three: Annoying Prick
Chapter Four: Am I asked to Homecoming?
Chapter Five: Some football game & Homecoming Party
Chapter Six: Grandma Josie and the Invitation
Chapter Seven: Dinner
Chapter Eight: Meet Candice Low
Chapter Nine: Shopping and Sleepover
Chapter Ten: Just another day
Chapter Eleven: Camping Day 1
Chapter Thirteen: Unbelievable Day
Chapter Fourteen: Is it visiting hours?
Chapter Fifteen: Not any normal day
Chapter Sixteen: Meeting New People
Chapter Seventeen: Is it Confession day?
Chapter Eighteen: Big News
Chapter Nineteen: Surprise?
Author's Note
Announcement!

Chapter Twelve: Camping Day 2

4.5K 155 2
By bboybandloverr

Chapter Twelve: Camping Day 2  

We all know that sleeping is the best way for us to relax. Everyone loves sleeping. Even me. It’s our way of being free...in a dream. Will you deny if you dream about your crush? Or even better when your crush and you is together, as in dating? Sleeping keeps you calm.

Now, who is a morning person?

I have to say I am a morning person. It disturbs you from your beauty sleep.  And when a morning person wakes up, oh I tell you, you don’t want to know. Some may hit you on the head but others can make it violent. So don’t you dare mess with a morning person, okay?

I’m saying this because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I woke up to something sticky and slimy. I sat up and rubbed my face and wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth. I looked to my side to see no one. Hmm. Maybe the girls are now up.

I didn’t bother to fix my hair because I’m going swimming anyway. So I stood up and walked out of the tent.

Ugh. I hate mornings. Why do this to me?

I hear the Luke and John snickered quietly at the campfire, cooking eggs and sausages for breakfast. Jeric was beside them, slicing the loaf bread, smirking at me. I just raised an eyebrow in confusion and continued to walk towards the lake. The girls were cleaning the table and looked towards me. Both of them had their wide eyes staring directly at me or something in my face.

I looked at them weirdly and pointed at my face or at my head. I rolled my eyes so I continued to walk towards the lake. What’s nice in the like is that you can see under because it’s clear as the mirror.

I looked at myself, ready to wash my face when I screamed. I totally screamed as it echo through the woods and birds flying out of their nests, flying away from the tall trees they were staying.

Oh.

My.

God.

WHO DID THIS?!

My hair. MY FREAKING HAIR!

MY BEAUTIFUL MORNING HAIR!

My hair, it’s everywhere. Hey! I’m not saying that girls don’t have this kind of problem like mine but you know what’s worst?!

You want to know?

Seeing your hair sticking from different directions, sticky. There’s this yellow color thing that is so slimy. Ew. I don’t want to touch it.

My hair is completely ruined and it’s going to be hard to remove from my hair. You hear me?! My HAIR!

I couldn’t move from my spot. I was angry. No. I was beyond pissed to someone who did this to my hair. I wanted to know who did this. But wait. I clearly know who did this.

Aha! I’m going to kill that person!

I marched back to our little camp, pissed. My hands turned into fists, you could clearly see the blue veins popping out. As soon as I saw him, I screamed like a Sparta and attacked him with my body. I took the nearest thing with me, which is a spoon, and spank him with it. He was shouting and shouting for me to stop.

I don’t want to stop! He deserves to be hit. For the mess. For freedom. And for my HAIR! I continued to hit him and I did what was best for him. I kicked him where the sun doesn’t shine and hearing him groan in pain was now making me smile.

“Jesus Phoebe!” he groaned while holding into his friend. I smirked to myself.

My friends were gaping at us. They looked from me to Jeric then back to me. The boys whistled innocently then continued to cook our breakfast. I smiled at them but then frowned. I still have one problem.

I walked back to the lake and began to wash my hair. I tell you, it wasn’t easy.

***

After an hour of washing my hair, I finally got to take the stickiness and the yellow slimy away from my precious hair. We silently ate our breakfast and I was brought about last night’s events. So, let’s do a throwback, shall we?

Throwback

“Stacy, you hand out the sandwiches I made and I get the guitar and we’ll all sit by the campfire.”

Everyone went to their seats, grabbing two sandwiches each person. I grabbed the drinks from the cooler and poured the cups and gave it to each of my friends. I sat beside Jeric, well I was forced to sit with him even though we weren’t that good yet. We were doing our usual campfire song which will always start with the banana song. Stacy chose it so we didn’t argue anymore. And after the banana song, we’ll sing random songs, it depends though cause I always start them.

And after the singing, we play some truth and dare.

“Okay! I’ll sing.” Stacy cheered and shifted from her seat to look comfortable.

We all groaned and Jeric looked at us confused. I leaned into his ear and whispered, “We’re singing the banana song.”

He raises an eyebrow and I sighed, annoyed.

“Banana song? Minions? Despicable me? Does it ring a bell to you?” I hissed then quickly looked towards the fire. I heard him say ‘Ahh...’ then shuts up.

“Bababa-Babanana!” Stacy sung then stopped. She turned to us then sighed. Wait for it.

“Fine, let’s do the song singing.” We all cheered then John started to strum his guitar with the famous G-D-Em-C chord. He did the intro then I began to start.

I inhaled then sang. “Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I’m home bound.” I closed my eyes and hearing the strumming of the guitar.

Then I continued, “Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making a way, to the crowd.” I opened my eyes and watched everyone loving the soft music.

It was Stacy’s turn. “And I need you, and I missed you and now I wonder.”

“If I could fall, into the sky.

Do you think time,

Would pass me by 
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles,

If I could just see you, tonight.”

Stacy hummed then passed the next lyrics to Luke. And to say that Luke has a good voice.

“It's always times like these 
When I think of you 
And I wonder If you ever think of me.” Luke finished. It was now Candice’s turn.

“'Cause everything's so wrong 
And I don't belong 
Living in 
Your precious memory.” Candice’s voice was melodic. It was so good to hear her sing.

“'Cause I need you 
And I miss you and now I wonder.” Luke and Candice blended perfectly in this part. John was the next to sing.

“If I could fall 
Into the sky 
Do you think time 
Would pass me by, oh 
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 
If I could just see you tonight”

“And I, I don't want to let you know I, 
I drown in your memory I, 
I don't want to let this go 
I,I don't.” Surprisingly, Jeric can sing.

Then I turned to Stacy and saw her wink. It was our turn.

“Making my way down town walking fast 
Faces pass 
And I'm home bound 

Staring blankly ahead 
Making my way 
Making a way 
Through the crowd 

And I still need you 
And I still miss you 
And now I wonder”

John nod to Jeric’s direction, motioning him to sing the last two chorus with me instead of Stacy. I looked at Stacy and she winked. I rolled my eyes and sing the chorus, with Jeric.

“If I could fall into the sky 
Do you think time, would pass us by 
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 
If I could just see you, now

If I could fall into the sky 
Do you think time would pass me by 
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 
If I could just see you
If I could just hold you, tonight.”

After the song ended, I was out of words. The way we sang the last two chorus was like a BAM in the end. His soft voice looks like he’s the innocent Jeric, not the bad boy Jeric. The way our voices were connected, wow! I can’t even explain it. It’s just...fate!

Our friends were clapping at us, at how we ended the song with a blast. And I quote Stacy’s words,

“Wow. I swear I saw sparks fly.”

Pfft. Sparks aren’t real.

After the song, we decided to end the night because we were all tired. We skipped the truth and dare and Luke suggested that we can do it tomorrow instead. So we all went to our tents and slept peacefully.

Maybe not.

End of Flashback

I saw a hand waving in front of my face. “Phoebe? Hello?”

I blinked my eyes and turned to my friends. They were staring at me as if I was caught up with the headlights like a deer. I blinked my eyes like I’m doing the ‘close-open’ like a baby without the fingers part, okay?

“Are you all right? You haven’t finished half of your sausages.” Candice asked, a worried expression was plastered in her face.

I was about to speak when someone beat me to it.

“She’s daydreaming of how hot I am!” Jeric said in high pitched voice which it didn’t sound like a girl, more like a hawk. I narrowed my eyes at him but he just gave me a wink.

“Oh yeah. I sure am.” I mocked his voice sarcastically.

“I knew it.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my sausage.

“Ever heard of sarcasm?” I glared at him then got up to throw the remaining on the trash bin.

The others were already done and Luke announced that we were going hiking. At the word, I sprinted into the tent and removed my clothes to be changed with a pink tank top and some black fitting jogging pants. I put on my Nike running shoes and tied my hair in a high pony tail. I toss the mini backpack at my bag which contains a bottle of water and some mint candies and some extra shirts and a soft towel and I’ll never forget my selfiepod. I love that thing to death.

Luckily, I brought my Nikon D5’100 DSLR. I love taking pictures especially with the beauty of nature. Since we were going to hike for maybe 3 hours, I was going to slowly capture the beautiful view around me.

We started by walking slowly since it’s about six in the morning. I didn’t notice that there were a lot of deers in a plain green field. Luke was leading us to a trail, so Candice and I were the last ones to follow. I slowly brought the camera to my eye and slowly made an angle to perfectly capture the deer. I made sure that I switched off the flash but since it is morning, I still did it anyway.

After the shutter, I looked through the monitor and smiled.

The deer was twisting his head to look behind him. He was standing like a knight. The picture was like a real high definition.

I caught up with the others and they stopped for some fresh air. I capture a little moment of my friends. I laughed at how tired they were.

I turned around to look for more to capture when something caught my eye. It was a flower. Not just any flower that we see on our gardens or backyard. This flower tells me that they were very mysterious and only this season, they bloom like a shining diamond. What was more exciting is that this flower has its own spotlight which is the ray of the sun. The petals of the flower are widely open and in the middle of it is a yellow thing which I think is where bees get their nectar but I don’t think it is since it’s really mysterious.

I found an angle where everything around the flower is dim and dark where you can only see is this beautiful flower standing out of its spotlight. I took a shot then proudly smiled at the shot.

“Did you take that?” A husky voice asked me from behind. I rolled my eyes. I knew it was.

“Who else holds the camera? The tree?” I spat.

I heard him sigh then someone wrapped their arms in my waist.

Tingles... Tingles...

I ignored them and tried to escape but his hold tightened. He nuzzled his nose into the side of my neck and that’s when I froze. What is this? Some romantic moment? And why is my stomach twisting into some random places. Oh my god. And why am I feeling a little bit of electricity?

“L-Let me go Jeric!” I stutter then quickly composed myself and ignored him so I continued to take pictures surrounding us.

Even though I can still those stupid things in my stomach and the rapid beating of my heart, I still managed to concentrate with what I am doing.

“You’re ignoring me you know.” He whispered, staring at me. What a creep.

I continued to ignore him but I can’t seem to ignore the warmth of his body. I wanted to lean into him but I don’t want to be teased by this annoying guy over here. I couldn’t help but inhale his scent. For a guy like him, he smells like mint.

“Now you are sniffing me like a dog.”

I took his arms off my waist and stepped on his foot. He didn’t care at all. He was just snickering at my childish mood. Then his gaze went down to the camera that was hanging on my neck. He looked up to me then posed. Oh. I knew he wanted me to take him a picture. How about we make it the other way? By playing dumb.

“Oh. Are we going to play charade?” I asked excitingly. He was about to say something but I didn’t let him.

“Oh, are you a cow?” He shook his head then made something in his fingers.

“Ohh. So you’re taking pictures. You’re a photographer.” I said confidently then frowned when he narrowed his eyes at me.

“No? Then you’re a paparazzi then?” I was controlling my laugh and continued to play dumb.

He shook his head again and I can see his face turning into red. Oh. He’s getting mad Phoebe.

“Oh, last one. You wanted a picture?” He dramatically sighed and nods his head like a puppy. He did a pose then I prepared my camera. I was about to click when John called us that it was time to go hiking again.

Soon, I burst out laughing out so loud that our friends turned to us stunned. My stomach was hurting but I didn’t care less. All I care was seeing Jeric’s face looking defeated. I took the moment to take a shot of his face and patted his shoulders as I passed by him.

I took the time to turn take my phone out and opened a timer camera app and took my selfiepod out of my bag. I carefully adjusted it on the holder and extended the selfie pod and when my friends noticed that we were going to take selfies, they hurriedly went to my side and the boys behind us, and they smiled for the camera. Others were sticking their tongues out or doing a peace sign.

After of couple of minutes taking selfie pictures, we continued our hiking but not before we walked, Jeric grabbed me by the thigh and his other hand on back. I squealed when he carried me bridal style. I decided to yell at him for being random but instead I kept my mouth shut and stay silence.

The brisk driving of those butterflies rolling on my stomach will be the proof to how I’m almost or slightly admitting that I’m beginning to like Jeric. But at that moment, I was starting to fall for him. For being the carefree guy that I know. ‘Cause this guy will be the death of me.

***

The whole hiking was really tiring and it really kept us sweating like a dog. Candice has to rest due to the bruise she had in her left leg. She tripped on a stone that she didn’t see on her way up the hill and it badly hit her knee. Thank god Jeric brought a first aid kit and Luke quickly got the beta dine and press a little amount on the cotton and gently pressed it in Candice’s knee. Stacy comforted our beloved friend and Luke wrapped a cloth around it to stop from bleeding. John and Luke helped her stand up and walked back to our small camp.

We decided to swim since we were covered with sweat and all were thirsty. I decided to just wear my bikini because it was so hot and I wanted to feel the freezing water. Sadly Candice couldn’t join us so Luke offered to stay with her and decided to prepare lunch so they wouldn’t get bored.

Both Stacy and I run towards the water that is waiting for us to jump and feel relax. We hold hands and jumped and giggled when we landed a big splash. We both sighed and giggled again. Soon enough John and Jeric joined us. But Jeric had other plans. He did jump but then stayed underwater for I don’t how many and I began to panic. I looked for him and asked Stacy but her and John were busy playing stones at the land and throwing them at the water, to see who has the longest throw.

I wanted to join them, forgetting about Jeric but I couldn’t walk. I shrieked when someone pulled me down. I began to wiggle and my heart was beating fast. No. Please. There can’t be a crocodile in this lake. The person was still tugging my legs and now, I was losing out of air and wanted to go up but I can’t. I was too weak from panicking.

Tug-Tug.

Tug-Tug.

No. Please. Help me! But I couldn’t speak. I tried to get up and now the tugging was now stopped. My breathing was getting slower and slower. And before I knew it, the asthma was coming back. Everything turned black and the last thing I heard was someone calling my name.

***

Copyright (c) 2014 by heyycupcakes

All Rights Reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 267 41
"I don't hate you kat" he softly smiles grabbing my chin he pulls me to look at him. Katherine Beckford is a kind quiet girl at heart until she find...
1.1K 30 26
Phoebe Smith has always been the one who gave her friends dating advise but yet herself never had a boyfriend. Term two of her second year of high s...
1.3K 397 35
"Let's play a game,Ms. Garcia. 100 days. First one to fall in love with the other, loses" ~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~ Phoebe Grace...
12.1K 504 46
Kyler and Rosalie get into a happy romantic relationship and into their dream colleges, causing for happiness but also challenges. Caleb and Sadie an...