Accept it or Leave it ✔️

By bboybandloverr

Phoebe Lanx is your average girl. She is that cheerful girl that everyone loves but then it happen to fall ap... More

Accept it or Leave it
Chapter One: The Bad Ass is Back.
Chapter Two: Unexpected News.
Chapter Three: Annoying Prick
Chapter Four: Am I asked to Homecoming?
Chapter Five: Some football game & Homecoming Party
Chapter Seven: Dinner
Chapter Eight: Meet Candice Low
Chapter Nine: Shopping and Sleepover
Chapter Ten: Just another day
Chapter Eleven: Camping Day 1
Chapter Twelve: Camping Day 2
Chapter Thirteen: Unbelievable Day
Chapter Fourteen: Is it visiting hours?
Chapter Fifteen: Not any normal day
Chapter Sixteen: Meeting New People
Chapter Seventeen: Is it Confession day?
Chapter Eighteen: Big News
Chapter Nineteen: Surprise?
Author's Note
Announcement!

Chapter Six: Grandma Josie and the Invitation

8.4K 193 16
By bboybandloverr

Chapter Six: Grandma Josie and the Invitation

*edited

As the best auntie and sister in the world, I always hang out with the most important people in my life. Seeing them all energetic in a Saturday morning, I would've guessed that it was our day to go around the city. 5 hours ago, I was bombarded by the most energetic kids. They jumped around my bed, waking me from my most precious sleep. They were beyond excited to hang out with me or maybe just to get their favorite ice-cream and go to the park and play. I pretend to ignore them and snored so loud. I know, its UN lady like but I don't mind.

"ARE YOU READY TO HAVE FUN KIDS??!" I shouted from the top of my lungs from the stairs and raised my hands in the air. I heard little cute voices downstairs and I giggled to myself. Such cuties.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and was met with cute little arms hugging my legs. I looked down to see wide grins on both of their faces. I roared pretending to be a monster and they shrieked, making them go and hide behind George. I'm glad mom isn't here to witness my crazy self or else she would be on her drama queen self and tell everyone in the neighborhood of how much of a fool I am to the family. Typical mom.

"I AM THE TICKLE MONSTER! I'M GONNA TICKLE YOU UNTIL YOU'RE OUT OF BREATHE!" I yelled in my monster voice and pretend to search for Toby and Steve even though I knew where they were hiding. Of course, kids would be hiding under the table. I heard Toby shrieked and Steve giggling. George was just on the stool rolling her eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out at her in a playful way and continued, well; pretend to look for the boys. I gave up soon enough and got myself a glass of water. I almost choked when I felt little arms punching my legs. I smirked and laughed evilly. The little arms on my legs froze then once I turned to them the shrieked again and run out of the kitchen. I giggled to myself and winked at George. Too bad she can't go with us because she's working.

I went to the living room and plopped myself on the couch waiting for the boys to change and have the fun day with them.

***

"I WANT VANILLA!" Toby said in his little voice and waves his hands in the air. Steve continues to poke my cheek while I try to get money in my purse which is in my hand bag. I tried to put Steve down but he begins to cry and cries like a whale. So I didn't have the choice but to carry him. I pulled out my purse and was about to get 20 dollars just to keep Toby's mouth shut and get his ice cream, a hand stopped me from getting my purse and paid my order, I mean, our order.

I looked up to see Jeric smiling and at the same time frowning.

"I'll take it from here, and oh, add two scoops of Chocó Mint." I turned to him shocked that he knew my favorite, how creepy!

The lady smiled at us and began to murmur some of the lines 'what a cute couple!'. I wanted to puke and tell her wrong but I didn't waste any time to see Toby looking scared and staring at Jeric, ohhh the boogie man.

I can hear Steve eating his ice cream like a dog, so I took his napkin and cleaned his mouth off. Jeric continued to smile at me and almost dropped Steve to the words he said next.

"You'll be a great mother one day." So he knew they weren't my kids. So clever! Because in some sappy romantic movies, the guys would look shocked that their friends or girlfriends are bringing kids with them and the guy starts to judge the girl by being a whore and 'I never knew you had kids' saying and dumps her in the middle of the road, leaving the girl with a crying kid.

"uh, thanks!" I whispered and looked down to see Toby eating his ice-cream; thank god he didn't panic on seeing Jeric beside me. "C'mon buddy! Let's go." I took his little hands and dragged him, walking out of the ice-cream parlor and walked to a nearby park. I heard footsteps following us and I felt Toby stopped from walking, bringing me to stop too.

"Hey! You don't mind if I can come with you guys?" I heard Jeric asked Toby and I knew Toby nodded his little head of his. Ugh!

"Thanks buddy! So, is Phoebe your sister?" I heard Jeric once again asked Toby. I looked to my left to see Steve wanting to join the boys. He looked at me, making puppy eyes and I couldn't resist the little cuties charms so I kissed his cheeks and let him walked to them. For a little three-year-old boy, his legs are pretty strong.

"Yeah and aren't you the boogie man?" Toby asked and began to shake. Jeric was about to open his mouth when I beat him to it.

"Remember what I told you about the other night Toby." I warned him giving him my evil stare, but he knew I was joking. He nods his head, making Steve follow him. Jeric looks up to me with adoring eyes. What? Adoring eyes? No way man!

"Hey." He said in a soft voice. Hmm so maybe he meant what he said last night but I won't fall, like ever fall for his charms.

"Hi." I returned the greeting and adverted my gaze from him o the little kids. "So what you want to do today kids?" I smiled at them and waited for their response.

"The park!" Toby cheered and run out to the playground. Steve cheered as well, but in his baby voice and followed Toby. I almost shrieked when he almost tripped on a stone but thankfully he didn't and continued to run. I was about to follow them when Jeric's strong hands stopped me from moving. What is it now?

"Is it okay with you that I hang out with your brother and nephew?" I heard him ask in a whisper. My eyes widened when I heard the word nephew. Now how did he know that Steve is my nephew? Creepy guy. I turned to him, almost bumping my forehead to his.

"Oh my god! Are you some creepy guy who stalks about my life? No way man! No way!" I waved my pointer in his face and couldn't help but stare at his face. I noticed that his eyes were a little bit red and he seems he lacks eight hour of sleep. He looked confused at my outburst and began to twitch my eye, making me look like a detective that wants to find some hints.

Then he began to shrug and went to the boys who were playing at the monkey bars. I spotted Steve trying to copy Toby and almost slide so I run up to him to catch him from falling but someone beat me to it. I heard Steve's angelic laugh and told Jeric to stop tickling him. I was shocked to see Jeric just on time to catch my little nephew. And I was beyond shock to see Jeric having fun with the boys. I never thought Jeric would love kids as I remember, he was that mean guy who stole my teddy bear when I was 12 (yeah, I loved that teddy so much and dad gave it to me), poured his drink on me when I was 11 at the café and the guy who did that huge prank on me when we were sophomore. But looking him right now, smiling like a happy kid, I thought he would come back bringing trouble then so, I judged him too much. That reminds me of what he said last night. It made me frown. Did he really mean to what he said? Why is it affecting me and is making me a softie towards him? That can't be, but I have to see for myself to what he is planning. Or else, I would be a victim again.

"Phoebe! Phoebe!" I turned to see Toby running towards me holding a cotton candy. I smiled at him and then stopped, there is no cotton candy in the park or there might be but it only means one thing.

"There's a carnival nearby! Can we go? Can we? Can we?" He pleads and puffs his cheeks out making me giggle. I don't know where this little guy gets his cheekiness.

"Yeh Aunie Fobi! Hen qwe? Hen qwe?" I looked up to see Steve in Jerics arms, cheering. Jeric laughed at his cheer then looks at me and grins. I blushed then nods to them. Steve jumps up and down, excited of going to the carnival. I saw Steve wiggling out of Jeric's arms making Jeric putiing him on the ground and we watch the two boys dancing like maniacs. I continued to smile seeing the two important boys of my life dance with joy. I thank god for having this two in my life and without them, I would never be this jolly girl that I used to be.

***

We took different rides from roller coaster (the kids part), the Merry All-Around, the bump cars and more. We were now in the booths where we had to win some stuff toys if you pass the game.

"Two please!" Jeric said then paid the guy who manages the booth. Ever since we went inside this carnival, he kept on paying the rides we chose and it's really ashamed of me because I was the one who was treating the boys not him. I explained to him that I was supposed to pay since I let him joined and kind of brought the boys but he insisted that he pays and brought up that he needs to prove that he really did not meant any of it in the past. All I wanted was to ask and confront him is that 'why?' or 'why did you it?' or 'why make my life miserable?'. But I didn't. And in the end, I was going to find answers.

I watched them enjoying their selves as Toby continuously hold his gun out and kept on shooting the bull's eye with balls in front of him. I turned to see Jeric behind Steve, teaching him how to hold the gun and letting Steve shoot into different directions. I softly chuckled at the sight and quietly whispered beside him.

"You'd be a great dad too, Walter!" he seem to hear me say that and turned to me, his face full of shock. I nod at him then pointed to Steve who was waving the gun like a maniac. He almost jumped then laughed at Steve. And to say, what I said was true.

Toby shouted at the gun and jumped to his seat chanting all over again that he had won. He got his prize which was a robot toy and Steve which is a robot as well. I looked at my watch and the time was past lunch. I took my phone and received a text message from George to bring the boys to her office which is 20 minutes away from the carnival. I turned to the boys and showed my frown face. They noticed my expression that is plastered on my face and they knew what it is. They did the same. I looked down to see Steve reaching his arms out to me. I took him in my arms and carried him. He rubbed his eyes sleepily and starts to doze off in my shoulder.

"Do we have to go?" Toby asked in a low voice and all I did was nod. I smiled at Jeric's confusion and spoke.

"My cousin needs them right now, especially this little guy here." I pointed to the sleeping Steve in my arms.

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked kindly and I thought, we took a cab going to the ice-cream parlor and took it as an offer.

"Actually, we aren't heading home. We're going to my cousin's office, and don't worry, it's just 20 minutes away from here. I'll give you the directions." I answered his question and he nods his head.

"C'mon buddy!" He held Toby's hands and we walked towards the exit of the carnival. As we walked outside the carnival and towards his car, an old couple passed by and I almost choked to what they said.

"Awee. Look Jordan, young love. I remembered I was holding Fibby like her and you holding Jack's hands like that. Such a happy family." The old lady said. I was shocked to hear that. I looked at Jeric and he seemed to hear what the old lady just said but he seemed to ignore it and stared at the ground, looking at his feet walking. Honestly, I felt a little hurt that he didn't comment to what she said but at the same time, I was happy he didn't say anything or else it will be awkward.

***

I looked through the shelves to find a new book to read. After Jeric giving us a ride to George's office, I thanked him quietly and brought the boys to George. After George thanked me, I told her where I would be and bid her a goodbye before going to the bookstore, I suddenly wished that Jeric isn't waiting and I sighed in relief to see his car out of sight. I soon received a text from him that he had to bring his grandma to the bookstore. I simply replied an 'okay'. Right now, I had to choose between John Green and Sophie Kinsella. I have seen The Confessions of a Shopaholic 5 years ago and I just finished reading The Fault in our Stars and now, it's going to be a movie. I can't help but decide so I huffed so loud that the old lady beside me chuckled at my frustration.

"You okay dear?" the old lady asked kindly, pulling out a James Patterson book. I nodded at her and hold out two books that I have been choosing for almost an hour and I skipped lunch just to choose between the two books. The old lady looked over at me and saw what I was holding. She giggled and took the Sophie Kinsella book from me. This old lady is different from the other old ladies. She somehow looks like she has grand kids at her age. I mean by different is that she's not as cruel as my grandma in my father side. My father's mom, she's cruel to everyone except dad because he is her favorite. Even to her husband, she's cruel. I didn't know dad managed to let his mom just be cruel to my mother. There were other old ladies that simply ignores you even you help them crossing the road, carrying their bags of groceries, can't they thank you? But this old lady beside is really kind and loving. As you look closer at her, she isn't that old enough yet, maybe in her 60's. yeap!

"This book is lovely my dear. I think you should get this." She handed the book to me with a polite gesture and I thanked her for the advice. For a while it seems awkward so why not try a conversation with the old lady.

"uh, I see you love mysteries. James Patterson has good books, I once read his book called Swimsuit and I think I recommend you to read it. It has a good climax." I shared with a sincere smile and searched for the book, but to my luck, there is no stack.

'Yes, mystery genre has been my thing when I was once a teenager. And even small pocket books like the Nancy Drew were my first book until I had to read big books like James Patterson, Sydney Sheldon, and those kinds of books." She said with happiness in her voice and showed another James Patterson books which is about the mystery of the Sail. At the mention of Nancy Drew, I nearly died and I was once a fan of Nancy Drew. I giggled out of excitement and walked with her to the counter to pay our books. I paid my book and old lady paid hers as well. I can't call her 'old lady' the whole time, it would be so embarrassing. As if she read my mind, she walked to me and gasped.

"Oh my! Where are my manners? I'm Sally Dale, but everyone calls me Grandma Sally and at the age of 68, I am still strict with my kids, even my grand kids." She said in a sweet voice. For an old lady, she's such a sweetheart.

I laughed and gave her a pat in the shoulder.

"Nice to meet you Grandma Sally, I'm Phoebe." I spoke too soon and was surprised to greet by a warm hug. I chuckled softly and hugged her back. As soon as we pulled away, my stomach growled. Ooops!

"How about I invite you to take lunch with me, don't want our stomachs to empty." She chuckled at my growling stomach and I blushed.

"Sure. I'm starving."

***

"Oh my god! This is the best steak I have ever eaten in my whole life. It feels like I'm in heaven." I moaned with satisfaction and began to slice another piece before putting it in my mouth. We were right now at some diner near the bookstore and I can't say but love the diner so much. With the menu full of good food and their special is the steak with Jack Daniels sauce as they say. Now I have heard of that kind of special sauce somewhere. Hmmm. Where it is?? Uhhh. Aha! I got it. T.G.I. Fridays!

"I see you like the steak. I must have chosen the right diner then." Grandma Sally joked and rolled my eyes at her. I expected the conversation to be dull and boring but with Grandma Sally, you're just a teenager after all. She's so carefree and goes along. She even told me that one of her grandson is the same age as mine.

"Are you kidding? I love it!" I exclaimed like a 7 year old child and took another bite. Grandma Sally chuckled at my excitement and soon frowned. I asked what was wrong but she just shook her head and smiled at me.

"I never did this with my grandson. Every time I come and visited him from our town which is 5 hours away from New York, all he does is go clubbing and bring home girls in his apartment. I don't know what to do; all I wanted was for him to change for good. Oh my god! I'm so sorry if I'm letting it all out on you Phoebe, but-" she stopped when I place my hand in top of hers. Hey! Don't get this the wrong way. I'm just comforting the old lady. I shook my head and met her eyes.

"I understand Grandma Sally, but boys will be boys. Maybe there are a lot of things going on his mind. Try and talk to him. Maybe he'll open up to you." I said in a quiet voice. What the hell? Did the words just come out from my mouth?

"I've tried but-" then she suddenly stopped talking. She thought for a while and I wanted to know what was going on in her head. Old people and their thoughts and then she smiled. How creepy is that. She turned to me, almost making me jump from my seat. She opened her mouth and spoke.

"Phoebe, dear, can I ask a huge favor from you?"

I suddenly thought and asked myself, what is this huge favor is all about? I looked at her face and saw the emotion she was holding on and I wanted to figure it out myself but I'm not some psychologists to do that. I wish I could read people's body language. Soon, I gave in.

"Uhm. It depends to what it is." I shrugged and let her to continue.

"Can you possibly help my grandson change? I mean, I know it's impossible but we could try. I chose you because you're smart, kind and really caring. To what I saw right now, you are a carefree girl. Will you help me?" she asked with hope in her eyes. I stare at the poor lady wanting help for his grandson, anything for her love ones. And I didn't know what came to me but I agreed. I freaking agreed.

"I will try, but what do I do?" I asked in a slow voice.

"I want to introduce you as his girlfriend." She said in a straight face but she wanted to show her worried face.

I almost choked. "What?!" She quietly laughed.

"That's why; I wanted to invite you to dinner tomorrow, to personally meet him." Oh god! What have I gotten myself into? Now is there any doctor who wanted to help me from fainting?

***

Copyright (c) 2014 by bboybandloverr

All Rights Reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 30 26
Phoebe Smith has always been the one who gave her friends dating advise but yet herself never had a boyfriend. Term two of her second year of high s...
479K 6.6K 20
Diana is your average good girl. Everybody wants her but she has made it clear that she wants to keep her virginity until she meets the one. When ult...
9.2M 216K 60
[#1 in Fiction][complete] Kaitlyn MacDonald. Your typical nerd. Shy, smart, and more than a little bit awkward. Tutors for extra credit, even though...
79.3K 2.1K 24
Phoebe Anderson moves to a new town. New school. New house. She is a trouble teen with a t trumatic past. Eliza Peters is Phoebe's new teacher. Even...