Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 31

31K 1.8K 907
By SianaghGallagher

I tried uploading this chapter multiple times last night but Wattpad was doing some maintenance and it was giving you notifications, even though it wouldn't let me upload the chapter! So here you are, sorry it's a tad later than my update on Quotev!

- Sian

A little rise in the corner of Lucifer's lip revealed a smirk as the words fell, knowing it would cause further destruction for Kaiden. He glanced at the young teen, a devilish glow in his eyes for all to see. Kaiden looked surprised and was not able to hide it. Milokan's mouth opened, not sure if he should be horrified by the fact that his soulmate is related to the lord of hell.

"Brother," Kaiden spoke, testing the word in his mouth. It tasted foul. His eyes scaled Meloras who now looked nervous as she watched him in return.

"Yes," Lucifer looked proud of himself, "your father here, he is my-"

"I heard you," Kaiden growled, taking a step on the sand. Milokan was too startled to tug him back. Jeronah looked ashamed when his son connected their gaze. Kaiden understood why.

"It is a horrible truth," the angel sighed and visibly shivered, still finding it horrendous to say out loud.

"H-How-" Milokan breathed, "how can that be?"

"He is not family," Jeronah didn't disconnect his gaze from Kaiden. "Being related by blood does not make him my brother."

Lucifer's smirk started looking more like a pained twitch of anger as he took a step towards Kaiden.

"I am family," he said, "we are related, Kaiden. You may not want to believe it, but we are more alike than you think."

Jeronah scoffed, still not tearing his gaze away from the teen.

"Kaiden is nothing like you. He may get angry and be short tempered, but that is only his demon traits from Meloras, which he cannot control. He has compassion and feels empathy. You said that was his flaw, but it is the greatest thing about him. It shows that he is my son, and those are my angel qualities within him."

Lucifer's blood was boiling.

"I knew he was more like Meloras; he is more of a demon than he is an angel. Does that bother you Jer, huh?"

"Not at all. Kaiden is my son, and I love him."

Kaiden could hear the confidence in the angel's voice, he felt a little warm inside, but it was odd nonetheless.

"What are you doing?" Meloras sighed, and Lucifer frowned when she looked at him with disgust. For years, she has been scared to speak too loud or get in his way. Now that Jeronah is back, so is her confidence and that angered him more than anything. "My son and his father have been separated since Kaiden was two years old, and it is entirely your fault. You're not going to succeed in distancing them before they have even connected. Not again."

"Again?" Kaiden turned and glared with all the darkness he could emit when Lucifer stepped closer to her. "Get any closer, and I will tear your head from your weedy little body," he growled.

The devil wasn't used to them talking to him like this. Respect and authority are the things he is used to receiving. Nothing provoked him more than not getting what he wanted, so he lifted his hand and clicked bony fingers. Shuffling came from within the cave, revealing a line of demon's that was no surprise to everyone else.

"Keep this attitude up Kaiden, and I will be forced to use this." He turned when a whip landed in his grip. Kaiden gulped back his fear and took a small step away. Everyone saw his sudden panic. "That's right. I am still your leader."

Jeronah's fists clenched and his eyes were getting aggressive.

"Why did you hurt my son? Why did you torture him?" he asked.

"Every time I saw a mixture of you and Meloras within him, I punished him because I knew you would one day blame yourself. I see your shame, and every scar on his body is your fault!" Lucifer spat.

The demons behind the devil were staring at their master, either confused or confident.

"Why are you all supporting him?" Kaiden spoke. "Didn't you just hear what was said? Lucifer used to be an angel. He's one of the beings we were taught to hate!"

Lucifer spun and scowled at his demons. They lowered their heads, not daring to be as bold as Kaiden.

"I created you, you all belong to me!" Lucifer roared, and everyone fell silent.

"What is going on?" Kaiden asked and turned to his mother. "I'm trying to keep up, but I just don't get it." He was confused about why the devil separated them from Jeronah and why Lucifer had kept them prisoner in hell.

"Do you know why I made you my best soul-catcher?" Lucifer asked and tossed the whip from one hand to the other. He was getting impatient which meant that it would snap very soon, and his companions would fulfil their purpose by coming with him. It was clear that the devil had prepared to protect himself. He expected a fight. "Because I wanted you to loath angels and I succeeded until you met him." His red eyes flicked to Milokan who was listening silently. "Then everything changed. I should have known."

When Lucifer stared at Milokan and gripped the whip until his knuckles turned white, Jeronah stood in front of Kaiden. He rested a hand on his son's chest and pushed him back until the demon stood next to his soulmate.

"I am livid beyond belief," Jeronah spoke carefully. "I want to kill you for what you have put my son and my soulmate through. You took them from me. You proceed to cause them pain and misery for sixteen years. If you came here to fight, that is what you are getting. You are going to pay for what you have done."

"And how are you going to do that?" Lucifer smirked when his loyal and dimwitted demons crowded him, protecting him. "There's only four of you."

"Wow, he can count," Kaiden muttered.

Lucifer lifted his whip and slapped it down, letting the end spark a rock next to Milokan. The angel got such a fright that he stumbled and fell backwards onto the sand. The demons erupted with laughter while Kaiden turned and crouched. Milokan looked bewildered for a moment.

"keep yourself together, I think we might have to fight," Kaiden whispered while his mother and Jeronah stared down Lucifer. Milokan climbed to his feet and looked around. They were heavily outnumbered and didn't stand much of a chance against the devil.

"We can't win," he whispered, but Kaiden already knew that.

"It looks like this might be easier for me than I thought." Lucifer took a step towards his brother, not caring about his life. If he killed him, then so be it. "Demons, get him!" he pointed at Milokan with a dirty finger.

Milokan gasped when two females edged towards him, but his vision was blocked by Kaiden, who shielded him with his big frame. The women stopped, tense and unsure.

"Do it!" Lucifer snarled.

Kaiden started shoving Milokan away, so he had the chance to defend them both.

"Get away from me," he yelled. "I won't hesitate to kill you!"

"What are you trying to succeed?" questioned Meloras. The situation was slowly getting out of hand.

"You're coming back to hell where you belong!" Lucifer lunged for her with no warning, just as Jeronah grew enclosed by a sudden rush of demons. The devil planned to distract any threat so he could get to Meloras, the only person he truly wanted.

Kaiden saw the panic in Jeronah when Meloras backed away and narrowly missed Lucifer's grip. The teen punched one of the demons, and she fell back into the other woman. They toppled onto the sand, but there were too many of them to keep track of Milokan who was cornered between the rocks and three hell-hounds.

Kaiden and Jeronah had the same idea and started fighting. The more demons they hurt, the easier it would be to escape. Meloras and Milokan were their primary focus. Meloras could defend herself, but the angel was not so confident about doing the same. He panicked, and his soulmate could feel it.

Kaiden was tackled to the ground and jabbed hard in the ribs. He gritted his teeth and pressed on. The faith of winning was fading, and his worry only grew when Jeronah was in the same position, pinned to the ground by many beings. He scratched, kicked, and even used his head to push the demons away. When he had the chance, he scrambled back and climbed to his feet to rescue his mother, but a cry from Milokan made his hairs stand on end.

He spun to see his wing being bent at an odd angel while he squirmed and kicked, but no matter how hard the angel tried, he was outnumbered and barely stood a chance. Kaiden was about to run over to him until Milokan stabbed a demon in the eye with his fingers after pulling on her hair so he could reach. He pushed his back against the rocks and kicked hard. Kaiden cringed when a man dropped to his knees after being kicked hard in between the legs.

Milokan pulled his feathers from the demon's grip and found the opportunity to escape. He ran over to Kaiden and stuffed the feathers into the demon's pocket. Kaiden didn't question it and started fighting back more enemies. Milokan put his wings away, it was a foolish idea for an escape plan, and now that one of them was injured, it ached the entire left side of his body.

"Milokan, help my mother!" Kaiden yelled when he was held up by more of his own beings. His soulmate hurried over to Meloras, a little fearful of Lucifer but it was clear to him that she was in the most danger, for some reason. He was not sure why Lucifer had such an unhealthy attachment to her, but if he dragged her back to hell, it would be almost impossible for him and Jeronah to follow. Angels in the underworld was a very frighting thought.

As he grew closer, he took a breath and decided that enough was enough. Milokan had to be confident. There was no room for error as he jumped on a rock and landed straight onto the devil himself. Some demon's stopped with shock, not expecting the small and naive angel to be so brave and attack their leader.

Milokan knocked him off his feet, and he was so surprised by his own actions that he forgot to defend himself. Lucifer lifted a muddy boot and kicked him in the cheek, but the angel had stalled him enough for Meloras to escape to Jeronah, who was slashing with his little silver knife.

"How dare you touch me, you filthy little-" Milokan threw sand in his face. Lucifer choked and shut his eyes. He didn't know who he was calling filthy; the stench coming from the devil was enough to make him queasy.

Milokan looked around desperately when Jeronah yelled something about leaving. Kaiden impressively knocked a demon out with a single punch before making eye contact with his soulmate.

"Go and make rifts," he said quietly, knowing fine well that Milokan would hear him perfectly. It was strange when they stared at each other; they seemed to connect deeply. Their senses enhanced but only for each other. "Make as many as you can for as far as you can, then come and find us. We won't be here."

The angel nodded and exposed his wings when he was away from the chaos. He winced from the pain, but he was strong enough to push through it. Kaiden felt bad. He also had no time to dwell on his soulmates pain, his mother and Jeronah were in too much trouble.

When Milokan vanished, leaving a very obvious rift, Kaiden turned and scooped up the remainder of the angel's feathers which had been pulled out by a demon who lay dead by his feet.

He jogged over to his mother, kicking another hell-hound along the way.

"Let's go. We have a plan."

Lucifer was still trying to get the sand out of his eyes while they all nodded, agreeing to abandon the battle. Over ten demons continued to lunge their fists and weapons, and it was too stressful, someone was going to get injured.

"Back to the river," Meloras murmured, "a few miles upstream this time." She didn't wait for them to respond and vanished, knowing that's what they wanted.

The only people left were Kaiden and his father. It grew awkward rather fast when it was an intense stare-down between them and Lucifer's loyal idiots.

"Let us say, kill a few more demons, and we will be on our way?" Jeronah suggested, the blood dripping from his knife. Kaiden stared at him for a brief moment before nodding. They almost shared a smirk, but that would be far too forward in their relationship. They have a lot to talk about and a lot to build upon before Kaiden can even think about tolerating him.

So off they went, escaping and setting plans for Lucifer who they had no time to kill, but time to defeat, for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.8K 46
3rd in devil as of July 9th 2018 62th in heaven as of June 25st 2020 61th in soul as of June 25st 2020 I can't see their faces because the lights are...
454 46 32
COMPLETED (First book in my unnamed Trilogy) You thought your problems were bad? Imagine having supernatural abilities. Nothing wrong with being gay...
2.3K 57 21
Have you ever wanted to be an angel? How about a demon? I really do hope you guys chose angel instead of the devil To be honest, I've always thought...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...