Lullaby

By StAl2LiGhT

(Based on the Academy series by C.L.Stone. Do not copy as a lot of this is original work from other stories I... More

1• Dance Forever With Me
2• The Guardians
3• Doctoring the Broken
4• Unraveling Our Demons
5• Soul Within a Soul
6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey
7• Monsters are cute
8• Lycorns & Knomepyres
9• Stellar Genetics
10• Traitorous Organs
11• The Damned
12• Aries
13• Lulu Phone Home Part 1
Lullaby OneShot~ What Could Have Been
Cover Archives
Lullaby Big News
Publishing Announcement

A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree

1.5K 99 122
By StAl2LiGhT

(A/n: Gore Warning ⚠️ this is the psycho I always warned you guys about that Lullaby can be)

👽
"But I don't want you to go," I whine, lip wobbling with a sniffle.
He chuckles down at me, " I know sweetie. We'll only be the night."
I wrinkle my nose, dropping the crocodile tears. Kota smirks, amused. They've learned my trade secrets so now I'll have to make new ones.

Most everyone else is outside finishing up with packing the cars. They have to do some stupid special mission and I'm going to be left here all by myself. This is only the second time they've left me alone since I've met them. The first time they were all a nervous wreck, but when they came back and saw I'd been fine they began to trust me more.

Well...kinda.

North comes by with a heavy looking crate on one of his shoulders. He glances at me and comes to a stop. His eyes become severe as he points at me, " What are the rules, Lulu?"

I puff out my cheeks and spin away from him with a 'humph', nose in the air while I hold Macaron to my chest. I hear Kota smothering a chuckle and North letting out an exasperated sigh. The crate knocks on the floor when he sets it down. His big heavy thumping feet slowly make their way over to me. I'm tensing, ready to be yelled at, but North doesn't yell.

His big arms wind around my body and pick me up. In one easy effortless maneuver, he gently tosses me and catches me so I'm facing him and my legs dangle around his ribs. He's got a small smile on his face and his scary eyes aren't very scary anymore. I lose my growly face and pout at him. He chuckles and kisses me on the nose.
"Oh, Lulu," he sighs out with amusement.

When he pulls away I blink up at him "I don't want you to go," I mumble.
He grins and cradles me to his chest. I accept it and bury my face into his neck, still clinging to Macaron tightly. I refuse to tell them this, but I'm scared when they leave. If I tell North that though, he'll never let me be by myself ever again. I don't know how to say it right.

North's big hand runs through my hair, lips pressing against my temple. His chest vibrates as his low grumbly voice says, " It's only for the night baby. We'll be here before the sun comes up, before you even open your eyes."

I think on this, wanting to argue but not wanting to seem like I'm a scaredy cat either. North continues, " If you watch tv and fall asleep, we'll be home before you know it."

"...'Kay." I concede. I pull back and look in his abysmal eyes that gleam at me with love. North smirks, pecking my lips with his before setting me down and ruffling my hair.
"That's my girl."

"Why can't I go?" I ask, unable to help it. Kota steps up beside him, arms crossed, and with an understanding smile, " You could get hurt, Lullaby. We're going after these scary men and they wouldn't think twice about hurting you. No matter how cute you are." He ends it with a wink that has me blushing. I'm determined though and rise up on my tippy toes and lean in a bit, " Nuhuh! I'll gut them and take their eyeballs!"

They both blink down at me, a disturbed look crossing their faces. A booming laugh comes from the front door and we all look over. Nathan comes in with a grin, " Always with the eyeballs."

I drop back on my heels with a lean that tilts my hip out and back before bringing them forward. It makes my skirt sway and Silas thinks it's cute so I never corrected my habit.
"I like eyeballs," I say matter of fact. Nathan's face scrunches up like he wants to laugh but I have a random thought that distracts me. I look away from them, bringing one hand away from Macaron to poke at my lips while I look up at the ceiling in thought, " Maybe I can use the ones I have on the Christmas tree."

I miss Victor coming in and shivering in disgust at what I say and miss North and Kota cringing, because I look over at our bare tree they said we'd decorate when they get back. All sorts of wonderful ideas come to mind and I gape at the naked plastic tree with sparkling eyes. Without thinking, I say aloud, " Oooo, if I gut enough icky people I could use their squishy noodles as ribbons."

"Ugh, what the fuck Trouble!"

I blink over at Meanie who's behind a green faced Victor who's holding his stomach like he might barf. Meanie looks appalled, amused, and disgusted all at once.
I grin cheekily and swing my arms around to behind my back where Macaron dangles by a hoof, " Stab, stab, stab!"

He snorts, putting a hand over his face, " You better be glad you're cute."

👽

"Bye!"
They all call out to me as they get in the two vehicles.
"Bye," I say softly, clinging Macaron very tightly in my arm and waving my hand slowly by my face. Sean calls out from the passenger window he's half hanging out of as Owie pulls out of the driveway, " Luke left a snack in the fridge for you! Oh and brush your teeth before you go to bed! And if you get scared our numbers are by the phone! The remote is on the coffee table and whatever you do don't- AGH!"

Sean's head hits the door when Owie yanks him back in. They bicker back and forth until Sean finally gets free long enough to yell out to me, " I love you!"

They're already down the road by the time I whisper back, " I love you too."
I wilt when their taillights disappear around the corner. Holding Macaron out in front of me, I say to her, " Think they'll bring me the bad people's eyes like I asked?"

Her head falls forward so I take that as a definite no. I sulk, holding her back to my chest, " Awww."

Party poopers.

👽

Unknown

The man looks back at his two partners, all covered head to toe in black, " Ready boys?"

They both pull on their ski masks and nod. The man nods back, pulling his ski mask on too before driving the black van down the road. They drive for only a minute, having been nearby waiting for their target to empty, when he pulls them into an alleyway out of sight.
The three get out, securing their gear around their waists. Swiftly they stalk through the streets, their mark in sight.

This house belongs to a doctor and a stockbroker. Prime pickings. Downside is that there were just under a dozen men coming in and out of it for the past month they've been scouting it. There'd been a little girl too, but they weren't too worried about her. She looks like she may have just hit puberty at best. Wouldn't be a problem for them if she happens to be around.

Lucky them, the lot of them left around five. They waited around for a couple hours to make sure, but it didn't appear they'd be returning anytime soon.

They jump the fence and immediately crouch low, swiftly creeping once they land along the perimeter until they get to the back door that's not visible from any angle they could find.

The main guy, Peter, who'd driven them here, gets to the door first. Peter puts his ear to the door and hears the sound of the television on. He'd noticed a few lights on and figured it was the brat. Rolling his eyes, Peter grunts at his partner, Eric, and jerks hid head towards the door. Eric scuttles low and starts working on the lock. Meanwhile, Peter signals for Ryne to be ready to take out the girl.

They'll tie her up real pretty for her boys when they get back. She'll look so fine, they can take her straight from her present wrap to the casket. Peter may have considered having a little something extra with the cute thing if they weren't so worried about the nine guys returning. That'd be a bloodbath just waiting to happen and he didn't plan on sticking around for it.

Eric gets the lock and immediately creeps inside with the other two close behind. They secure the door, Ryne using a bungee cord to deter any escape route she may pursue, and sneak down the hall towards the television. They hear some kids show going on that makes Peter quirk a brow. She's either a strange teenager or a really well developed brat.

"Pony power!"
"Hyah! Get him Powderpuff!"
"Ima getting him! Take this, evildoer!"
A man cries out on the screen as a comic book like ass whooping sounds off from the speakers. The man let's out what's suppose to be an over exaggerated and humorous noise after being kicked. "Uwuuuoohh!"
An explosion echoes out from the living room, twinkling glitter noises follow. The rainbow colors make the hallway behind the archway to the living room blare with an array of disco like lights.
"You go girl!"
"Yeah! I'm totes awesome!"
"Yeah, you are!"
"Group hug!"
"Awwww! Yay, group hug!"
Obnoxious girly giggles and squeals take over before an upbeat end theme cuts on and a terrible corny song sings in the pony superheroes' voices.
"Wake up, start the day! We're gonna save the day! Hooray! It's Powderpuff, Daisy, and Gloomy too - that's gonna rock you, sock you, stick it to you! Woohoo! Evildoers, BEWARE! We'll HIYAH you to the moon!"

Peter bites back a groan and tries not to hurry too much just to turn that damn tv off. Patience pays. They creep to the corner, Peter giving them their signals, and the others split off into the room. They come from either end of the sofa from behind, Eric has the duct tape and Ryne the knife.

"There's Powderpuff! She's beautiful and smart too! Daisy's so cute, and never blue! There's Gloomy - " Go away." - she's just rude!"

The two crouch under the arm of each side of the couch, a creak of leather and a sleepy grumble letting them know they're safe to attack without worry. Eric and Ryne look at him, waiting for him to give the affirmative signal. He holds up his hand, waiting, waiting, waiting. He closes his hand into a fist and both nod at him and jump up to strike.

"Three ponies just trying to get through school! Best friends, totally cool! At night, they wear a mask and saveeeee theeee-."

Ryne goes to stab the sleeping girl on the couch as Eric rips the duct tape open, when all the lights click on at once. Peter stands, heart beating in his chest. Did they miscount? Was someone still here besides the girl?

"DAYyYyYyYy! Pony power!"

The lights all cut off at once with a hum as if the whole house suddenly lost power. The tv screen showing three cartoon pony teens high fiving in a field of flowers just before it cut off.
"The fuck," Eric exclaims.
All three hold their breath, waiting for one of those huge fuckers that live here to pop up out of nowhere. They wait at least five minutes, not daring to move. As soon as Eric exhales and relaxes, Ryne let's out a high pitched fart that goes on for a long minute.
Peter and Eric look at him while leaning away. Ryne shrugs, fanning behind him, " Nervous stomach."

Eric grunts and shakes his head, " Where the fuck is the brat?"
Peter scratches his cheek, " No clue. Let's spread out and -."

Knock

Knock

Knock

They all freeze and turn to the front door. The doorbell goes off once as they watch it. Peter gestures for them to be quiet and get down. It's dead silent for a solid minute, and just when they begin to think they've gone away...

Knock

Knock

Knockknockknockknockknocknockknockknockknock

Ding- DongDing- DongDing- Dong

A high pitched sound comes from the far side of the couch that sounds like a helium balloon letting out air. Eric's head jerks over to look at Ryne. Ryne shrugs. Eric throws his hands up and Ryne replies with a middle finger.

A girly giggle comes from outside the front door, getting all of their attention. The giggle sounds like it belongs to a child, so imagine their surprise when this menacing voice husks out, " I know you're in there."

The doorknob turns.

They gulp, not daring to move. Suddenly, the front door bursts open, banging into the wall. All they can make out is the silhouette of a small girl in a tutu, thigh high socks, and a tee tucked into the waist. Her hair is long and wild, lavender in color from the looks of it and entirely unkept like she just rolled out of bed. In her left hand dangles what appears to be a stuffed unicorn toy she holds by the hoof. In the right, however, is what causes the three to scream and scatter like roaches - a very sharp kitchen knife.

The girl giggles out as she watches them scurry away, " You hide. I seek. Kay?"

Peter runs back down the hallway, circling back to the kitchen where he hopes she'll be long gone and after one of the others. That way he can escape. His heart races minutes later as he hears her cheery childlike voice call out from upstairs, " Found you!"

Eric screams, gurgling on blood from the sounds of it not a moment later. When all that can be heard is Eric's pitiful dying gurgles, he hears the girl say in awe, " Ohhh, what pretty eyes you have! Do you mind if I have them? Of course you don't! I'm so silly."

A blade hitting flesh, a squelch, a choking cry, and something rolling across the floor above his head. Peter gulps as he hears the blade dig into Eric again, except there's no crying out this time. Peter has to get out of here! There's no amount of money worth this bullshit. Figures they'd pick the one house with a psychopathic child left to her own devices. He'd take a beating from those nine any day over this shit.

A strange tiny male cackle comes from the hallway bathroom, with Ryne's cries of terror following.

Footsteps slowly make their way downstairs. A slurping sound, fleshy wetness traveling across a blade, " Nummy."

"Peekaboo!" She calls out from somewhere close. Too close in fact. Peter shuffles backwards, realizing his mistake. He should've left when Eric had been busy getting dissected by the girl. He looks around everywhere, trying to figure out how to escape as quietly as possible. Just as he came to the conclusion he needed to just make a run for it, the hallway light flickers on and a pastel green sock steps into view.

In a quick movement he barely could register happening, the girl practically appears in the archway to the kitchen, the front door creaking as the wind sways it against the wall lightly.
"I see you," she giggles out.

With the help of the light, he can make out just enough to become paralyzed with fear. A beautiful face, older than he'd originally thought, tilts to the side as gleaming starry eyes hone in on his body scrambling backwards on the floor. There's wet blood dripping from her hair. It's splattered on her skin and stains her lips. Eric's green eyes stare at him from the waistband of her blue tutu where they dangle, tucked in by the severed nerves like she'd ripped them straight out of his face.

She grins at him, " I found you!"
He backs himself into a corner, realizing too late that he's sealed his fate. She walks towards him without rushing, tiny socked feet quietly padding towards him on the tile. She stops mere inches from his body, legs parted, hands still dangling at her sides. Her voice becomes sinister again as she watches him squirm at her feet.
"Naughty, naughty. You shouldn't try to stab people when they're sleeping. It's very rude, you know?"

Peter throws his hands up and screams in terror as her hand rises over her head to stab him. Her face is gleeful, eyes insane.
"You're it," she giggles before bringing the knife down on him.

👽

The boys get out of their cars, tired but ready to see their Soul. Doesn't take long to miss her. They all gather their things, occasionally looking over to the house with a smile. The thought of little Lullaby curled up on the couch waiting to be properly tucked in had them hurrying towards the front door.

Lullaby wasn't asleep though as she quickly threw open the front door and ran to the first one she could get her hands on. Which just so happens to be her, " Owie!"

Owen chuckles, catching her and holding her closely as she clings to him happily, " Good morning, Miss Lullaby. Did you sleep any last night?"

Lullaby ignores him though, which he raises a brow at. Instead, she wiggles from his arms yelling, " Meanie! Meanie! Guess what?"

Gabriel chuckles at her, unable to hug her just yet with his arms full. "What is it, Trouble?"

She grins proudly up at him, " I took a bath all by myself!"

Gabriel throws his head back and laughs. He can't keep the grin off his face as he looks back at her, entirely proud of herself. "Oh really? Why the sudden desire to figure that out?"

She poses cutely, hands clasping behind her rear, swaying side to side, " Well I had to wash all the blood off somehow silly."

Everyone freezes and blinks down at her. Lullaby is oblivious and claps her hands, bouncing on her toes in excitement, " I also decorated the Christmas Tree! It's so pretty! You're going to love it!"

"I'm scared to go inside," Nathan mutters to no one in particular. Victor nods with a gulp and closed eyes.

North eyeballs the others, seeing they seem to be of similar thought. He sighs heavily and drops his shit on the grass. Hands on his hips, he curls a finger at her. She happily skips over to him, bouncing up at bit on the last step to help North pick her up.

He gives her the mean eye, but she just continues smiling, " What do you mean, baby? Why did you have to wash blood off?"

He'd been making his way towards the front door as he asked and froze in the hallway between the two arches to the living room and kitchen respectively.

He has no words.

Sean is right behind him, worried to death the blood came from her trying to figure out what exactly one decorates a Christmas Tree with and hurting herself in the process. The girlish scream he lets out has the others dropping their bags and running inside.

Luke gulps, " Lulu? What's this?"

Lullaby wiggles from North's arms, he practically drops her in shock. She skips over to the morbid Christmas fiasco and the three corpses lined up along the fireplace like some kind of fucked up elves.
"They tried to stab me in my sleep and I didn't like that very much. And then I thought to myself, ' Hey! I can get eyeballs for the Christmas Tree!' I talked it out with Macaron and she agreed. So here we are! Naughty boys shouldn't sneak up on girls like that!"

Gabriel gapes down at her, the only one able to tear his eyes away from the intestines wrapped around the tree like tinsel and the various organs she put on hooks like ornaments. She even made bows out of parts of the remaining intestines, tying them off with what looks like hair. On top is a star made out of six eyeballs held together by toothpicks.

"I don't know if I'm proud or terrified," he mutters.

Lullaby points at the eyeball star proudly, " I made that allll by myself! See Meanie?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm actually a little proud and turned on right now," Luke mutters back.

North finally snaps out of it and glares at the three gutted men dressed in elf outfits, " They tried to hurt you?!"
Lulu nods with a pout, " Yahuh, but I used a Knomepyre to make them think I was on the couch and then I scared one so bad he got gas!"

The expressions she made while saying that had the others slowly break into laughter. It's like she's recounting juicy gossip she's heard down at the police station.
Silas walks over to her with a proud smile and pays on the head, " Good Lulu."

Owen sighs and holds his arms open for her, " Come along, darling. The boys have a mess to clean up and Sean is going to help me make sure you cleaned yourself throughly."

"But I did!" She says indigently as Owen carries her down the hall towards the stairs. He hums, " Even the secret passages?"

Lullaby opens her mouth to argue that she did in fact remember when she quickly wilts, and mutters, " No, I forgot."

" That's what I thought."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
96 4 10
Tiffany-Angelica-valentine a lonely dark and sassy badass, she is a 24 year old who lives in a small unfrequented town where no one visits often due...
333K 18.9K 150
An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were agents for Volto. When a new mission come...
266K 16.8K 47
I'm not a normal girl. I've known this since I was five years old and got my first gift. I have no idea where it came from, who I am, but it's someth...