Lullaby

By StAl2LiGhT

(Based on the Academy series by C.L.Stone. Do not copy as a lot of this is original work from other stories I... More

1• Dance Forever With Me
2• The Guardians
3• Doctoring the Broken
4• Unraveling Our Demons
5• Soul Within a Soul
6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey
7• Monsters are cute
9• Stellar Genetics
10• Traitorous Organs
11• The Damned
12• Aries
13• Lulu Phone Home Part 1
Lullaby OneShot~ What Could Have Been
A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree
Cover Archives
Lullaby Big News
Publishing Announcement

8• Lycorns & Knomepyres

9.4K 406 212
By StAl2LiGhT

"Lean your head back.", Gabriel orders gently.
I do as he says, blinking up at him as he brings a cup full of water up to my hair and rinses away the shampoo. Gabriel decided to just sit on the edge of the bathtub this time with his feet in the water. He said it was easier this way.

I wrinkle my nose," It stinks."
He smirks at me as he wiggles his fingers through my hair and repeats the process," Hush. It's good for your hair."

I grimace and rub at my eyes as some soapy water gets into my eyes. Gabriel quickly gets a dry washcloth and wipes gently at my eyes," Sorry, Sorry."

I sniffle, still wiping at one of my eyes," Good for it?"
He brings the cloth back when he sees I'm still wiping. He weaves his fingers into the hair at the back of my head and gently tugs until I'm facing the ceiling," There we go."

He explains as he pats my eyes lightly," Yeah, good for it. Your hair is a little brittle and dull right now. This will help."

He studies my eyes carefully as I blink up at him. He smirks," Better?"
I nod.
He taps me on the nose before grabbing the conditioner and lathering it in my hair that fell to my hips when it was wet," Jesus Christ your hair is long. It needs a trim."

I pull away from him, holding my hair in a bundle to my chest," No!"
Gabriel jerks back and puts his hands up diplomatically," Hey, hey! Cool it pipsqueak. We don't have to trim your hair if you don't want to."

I eye him warily, slowly easing back in the bath water. His eyes flicker to my chest, before they quickly dart back to my face.
He clears his throat and begins working his fingers through my hair.

I get bored pretty quickly and find his toes under water. He laughs and playfully tugs on my hair," What are you doing?"
"Playing.", I say while wiggling his big toe.
He snickers," Lean your head back silly."

I watch him as he rinses my hair again. He has a content smile on his face as he bathes me," I could get used to this."

"Get used to what?", I ask him.
He starts to grab the scratchy sponge and the 'intense moisturizing body wash' he created for me. I like it. It smells like plums, peonies, and marshmallows - like moonlight.

He starts to scrub at my arms in small circular movements," Doing this - bathing you everyday. It may be hard for you to understand, but for Guardians it's the greatest honor to care for our Soul."

I grab the other sponge and try to mimic his actions to my thigh," It is?"
He snorts and smirks when he sees me trying to scrub myself," It truly is. It shows that you have the upmost faith and trust in us to take care of you when you're the most vulnerable. That means a lot to Guardians."
He lightly pats me on the thigh," Stand up."

I do as he says. He starts on my legs even though I already did them. I decide to redo my arms because he was redoing my legs. He chuckles when he catches it out of the corner of his eye," I heard you've gained another two pounds. That's really great. You're doing so good. Look good too. You actually have color in your cheeks and this fuzzy shit all over you is slowly coming off."

I start to scrub my chest while he lifts up my foot to clean," I've always had the fuzzy stuff."
He purses his lips, eyes narrow," Yeah I know."

"Meanie?"
"Yeah trouble?", he murmurs as he turns me around to get my back.
"Am I pretty?"

He freezes. I hear him huff before a his hand lightly swats me on the butt," What the hell kind of question is that?! Of course you are moron!"
I pout and rub my butt," I didn't know. I don't know what's pretty and what's not."

He's quiet for a long time. He slides his arms around my waist and buried his face in my lower back," You're the most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes on and I've seen quite a few."
"Even though I look like a little girl?"
He chuckles into my back," The only reason I don't think that's pretty is because I know that means you're not healthy yet. You'll fill out like you're suppose to as soon as we can get your hormones to kick in. You already have about an A cup anyways."

A cup?

"Hormones?"
"It's something your body makes to regulate things. When you gain enough weight you'll start producing them again. Sean will tell you all about it soon."
"Oh okay."

He picks up the sponge again and starts to scrub my butt," You really are beautiful, the prettiest little thing."

I hide my mouth behind my fists as he turns me around and starts on my tummy. I watch him from under my eyelashes.
"You remind of a starry night - so ethereal and mysterious, like an angel that fell from the sky. Yes, you're tiny and have no figure, but that'll change and if it doesn't that just means I get to dress you up like a little doll."

I giggle causing him to chuckle. He looks up at me and smiles," Honest to god, I can't believe you're mine. That I get to have you by my side for all eternity."

My eyes bug out," Forever?"
He laughs and pokes my nose," Once we've all marked you, it's a done deal. None of us will age anymore."
"Don't you want to age?"
He snorts," Hell no. I'm too sexy to wrinkle. It's blasphemy."

I giggle. He chuckles, before looking me over and getting serious. He suddenly looks exasperated and stressed," You still can't figure out how to wash your girl parts huh?"
I shake my head rapidly," No. there's secret passages down there."

He runs a hand down his face," Don't I know it. Okay. Spread your legs."
I smile cheerily and slide my feet out.

Gabriel looks at my tummy the entire time he washes me down there. I think over our previous chat," How old are you meanie?"
He seems almost relieved.

"Well technically I'm thirty seven. I died in the early 2000s when I was twenty. I started aging about two years ago. That'll stop though once I've personally marked you like it has for North and Silas."

My heart fluttered at the mention of my teddy bear and grumpy North.
"How did you die?", I murmur hesitantly.
He pauses, eyes looking suddenly angry and distant," I lived in New York City at the time. I was going to a really nice art college there. It was my dream to design clothes. Pretty good at it too."

I hum and smile," Can you make me clothes?"
He grins up at me," Already planned on it gorgeous."
"What happened?", I ask, trying to focus.
He pulls his hand away from between my legs and starts pulling out the item he calls a razor.
"Sit down and give me a leg.", he orders gently.
I plop back into the tub splashing water everywhere and give him my right leg," I was passing by when 9/11 happened. I ran in to help as many as I could, but as you can see I didn't end well for me."

I watch him as he shaves my legs for me. It doesn't take long. He drops that leg and grabs the ankle of the other, putting it in his lap.
"It didn't end well? You don't want to be a Guardian ?"
He glares at me and pops me on the thigh again," Did I say that? No."
I bite my lip, nervous.

He sighs and begins to shave my leg again," I'm just saying I had a few more things I would've liked to accomplish before moving on. I can't really become a fashion designer because I'm immortal. Kinda brings the wrong kind of attention to you if you look the same and never die."

I eye him sadly. Poor Gabriel. There has to be a way...

I decide to change the subject to something else I was curious about. Gabriel explains things where I can understand them. Since I woke up a few days ago, he's been very patient with me and took really good care of me.

He got me ready every morning and bathed me every night. He even sat me in his lap two days ago and let me pick things out for my room on this device he called an iPad.

"Hey meanie?"
"Yep?"
"Can girls be Guardians?"
He smirks at me," No. They go straight to heaven where they belong."
I wrinkle my nose at that," Why? Aren't they able to do the same things you do?"

He freezes before slowly looking up at me, his eyes contemplative," It's not that they're incapable. Things is our realm work differently than yours. It's code was created around the old ways. Women who are that selfless and brave definitely belong in heaven where they can be cherished and safe. Being a Guardian is the furtherest thing from that."

"Can't they change the code? That doesn't seem fair."
He smirks at me," No. That's like saying not being able to choose your gender isn't fair. It's the code we were created from. If that changes, we don't exist. Simple as that."

"Huh.", I mumble.
He snorts, but falls silent.
I'm not very fond of it being quiet though. Not since I've become accustomed to all of them constantly making a ruckus around me.

"How much longer until you can mark me?"
"About two or three days. North said you're nearly ready. They'll know as soon as your magic balances out and we'll do it immediately after."
"Who will mark me this time?"

"We're still trying to figure that out. It needs to be someone who can handle the strain your soul will be dishing out. It won't matter as much the next time around. I think it'll be Nathan and Owen honestly. They're the next in line as far as physical strength goes."

"Oh. How do they mark me?"
Gabriel's ears start to turn red.
He freezes before swiftly getting out and drying his feet. He wraps a towel around me and starts drying me off," I don't know if I should tell you."

I huff. They always say that. Why don't they give me a chance?
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want to freak you out and I always say shit wrong. Explaining things to you is Sean and Luke's job."

I pout as he dutifully keeps his eyes away from my face and starts grabbing clothes off the counter for me. I stiffen when I see those icky pants again. He turns around and sees my wrinkled nose. He points a finger at me and glares,"Hell no. We're not doing this shit again. I've had to sit on your ass everyday this week. Today you're going to fucking behave and wear these freaking pants!"

I hold the lavender towel wrapped around chest and shake my head rapidly," No!"

Gabriel takes a threatening step forward with his hands at the ready to grab me if I dart off again.
"Trouble! I can't take bathing you like that and seeing you waltz around half naked too. Put. The. Fucking. Pants. On!"

I yell out," No!", and duck under his outreached arms. I swiftly run down the hallway and stairs, heart racing as I hear his pounding footsteps chasing after me.
I slide around the bend seeing most of the boys sitting in the kitchen drinking hot tea.

Luke stands up with a grin when he sees me. He rushes around the table and holds his arms out for me with a huge smile," Come on, hurry before he gets ya. I'll keep you safe from that meanie!"

I run right into his arms. He swoops me up, putting both his hands under my butt and holds me to him.

Gabriel let's out a frustrated cry from the door," Damn it Luke! Quit enabling her!"

Luke nuzzles his nose against mine with a big cheery smile," Nope. I'm the enabler. It's what I do best."

I giggle while Gabriel rolls his eyes in annoyance.  Owen clears his throat and presses his tie down as he says," Luke, go with them so she can get dressed. Make sure she wears at least undergarments and a shirt and that he doesn't force her past that."

Luke grins happily," You got it, boss."

A hand slides under my towel and pinched my bare butt close to my girl parts. I sit up in Luke's arms, ramrod straight, and squeak out," Bad Sean!"

Sean chuckles lowly as he passes by.

🦋

Gabriel finishes clasping the 'bra' behind my back for me while Luke pretends to be playing with macaron. I look down at the lilac colored material with a tilt of my head," Why do I have to wear this again?"

Luke chuckles, finally looking up now that my undergarments are on. Gabriel sighs," To keep your boobs in place."
"I have boobs?"

Luke falls to his side on the bed, laughing. Gabriel chuckles," Yeah. You have freaking boobs."

"Oh.", I murmur, playing with the tiny bow that is sown into the middle. I go to hop off the bed I'd been standing on so he could see, when the world changes.

My feet hit the soft tan carpet of the rug, knees lock in place before I collapse to them. The world changed in a flash. Things that were dark colored looked glowing white and things that were bright colored became dark shadows.

I faintly heard them calling out to me as I sway on my knees, my collarbone length bangs falling into my eyes.

Cold. So cold. Too cold.

Frost spread through my veins, my breathe fogged from my lips. My heart thumped loudly in my ears. Every beat sends pulsations from my body, waves of violet light seeping into the ground.

"Lullaby!!", someone calls out.
"Get Doc!"
"On it!"

I'm pulled into my mind, away from the person shaking me, away from the nine voices shouting and screaming, away from the negative light that's taken over my vision.

I'm falling.
Falling into a dark whirlpool with purple lightning illuminating it within. The cold is absolute here. Sound doesn't exist.
Their voices disappeared.
The warmth of Sean's hands disappeared.

It all disappeared.

🦋

•A•
Silas

This isn't happening.
Not to her.
Not to Agelle mou.

For so long I've awaited her, hoping the next time we visited The Academy, we'd find her there. When she turned ten our thoughts grew dark and doubts crawled into our hearts.

Was she safe? Was she even alive?

Our sweet little Soul consumed us before we'd even found her. She was in every moment of our lives in some way. If we were eating pizza, we silently wondered if she'd like the food, or if she would like something more refined. If we were goofing off we wondered what that moment would be like if she was there. Would she laugh and tease us? Would she pout because we didn't let her win? Would she squeal because she got dirty? Would she kick our asses?

Always.
She was always in our minds, in the moments her presence was missed.

I felt it the moment her mind fell into the shadows. North had stood up swiftly from his chair, it falling to the ground, eyes staring in horror in front of him. Before Luke could even get downstairs we were pushing him out of the way, Doc hot on our tails.

The sight I saw will haunt me until the day I die.

Little Lulu was on her knees in only her lilac under things. For a split second that's all I could focus on - the pastel panties with ruffled lace trimming all the edges.
My eyes though immediately caught the patch of ice on her thigh right where I marked her. It was spreading, slowly trying to encase her.

I found myself flinching when a crack suddenly appeared within the patch, her odd navy blood glimmering in the light of the room. The ice seemed to begin at our marks and was spreading out little by little, almost appearing out of thin air.

Her arms hung limply at her sides, her hair fell around her haphazardly creating a lavender veil her glowing eyes were peeking through. Her eyes weren't the dark starry orbs I'd just seen when she cane running into the kitchen earlier. They were the swirling, churning fuchsia, blue, and purple they became when she'd first laid eyes on me. They glowered hungrily, mad with desire.

What is it, Agelle? What do you desire? I'll give you anything you want. Just please, please snap out of it.

My eyes narrowed on her fingertips just as Sean pushed past me to rush over to her.
"Pookie! Sweetheart, snap out of it!"

Dark green flecks chipped off her nails in huge fragments and fluttered to the rug beneath her.
Sean was listening to her heart," I should've known better. She started humming in her sleep last night."

Gabriel dug his fingers into his hair," Fuck!" He turned his narrowed eyes on North and I," Why didn't you fuckers say something? Aren't you supposed to be able to detect this shit?"

North tensed up, his hands clenched into fists at his sides, mouth opening to yell. Mr. Blackbourne stepped in before it could get out of hand," Enough. Both of you."

Gabriel and North snapped their lips closed and quickly turned away from each other to glare at the walls. Mr. Blackbourne turned to look at me," There wasn't any forewarning?"
I shook my head," No. Nothing."
He nodded," The bond closed off."

North lost his angered gaze and looked at him with worry," That can happen?"
"Just as she can let you in, she can shut you out. It's most probable that she didn't do it intentionally. Her soul probably did it to save you from any agony."

North and I both grunted our agitation and glared at Lullaby, worry seeping out of us like a foul odor.

My eyes immediately fell on her nails again," Doc."
He stopped worrying over her and looked up me from his crouched position on the ground. His green eyes were shining with worry and fear. It chilled my heart. If he worried it was bad.
"What is it, Si?"

I nodded my head at her hands," Look at her nails."

He swiftly grabbed one of her hands and studied it. I watched, we all did, as his brow furrowed.
"What the...?"

Gabriel dashed to his side, falling to his knees. He grabbed her other hand and adopted a look identical to Sean's.
Mr. Blackbourne seemed as impatient as the rest of us," What is it, you two? Don't leave us in the dark."
Sean and Gabe shared a look before Gabe turned to us to answer, his face oddly serious," Her nails have been painted over. They're black. It looks like they're growing."

Kota stepped forward, eyes curious and concerned," Growing?"

Sean nodded," They're sharping, growing into claws."
Kota's head jerks back," That doesn't make any sense. Everything else has been typical, expected. It's because of soul neglect or magic buildup. This is a form of magic, of transformation. How does that even begin to correlate with her abilities."

Victor nodded in agreement, looking just as baffled as Kota," Her ability seems to be of the spell casting sort. Not transformation."

North glared at the floor with his arms crossed, seriously contemplating this. Finally he speaks," Do you all remember the little girl with the fire hair, Mira?"
We all looked to him. He looked up, black eyes shining with thought," Mira was half elf. She had pointed ears like them. Mira also had odd blood and a unique soul neglect."

Luke nodded," That's right. She turned into dust."
Nathan looked right at Kota," Her blood had been gold and silver veined."
Kota looked to the floor and hand rubbing his chin as he thought this over," Most souls are human. They burn internally when their soul is neglected. It would make sense, I suppose, that the rare soul who isn't human would show different symptoms and attributes."

Sean watched all of us attentively from the ground while he cradled Lullaby to his chest, a hand held her head to his heart. She just stared off, unblinking, not at all reacting to his touch like she usually does.
"That leaves the question: what is she?", he murmured, deep in thought while stroking her hair.

Mr. Blackbourne adjusted his glasses," Perhaps that book her father left her will answer it."
Nathan glares at all of us in warning," We can't just read that. That's hers."
Mr. Blackbourne nodded," I agree, but perhaps we should urge her to read it soon."

Sean huffed," We'll worry about that later. I'm more concerned with her health right now. Can you two try to pry open the bond?"

North and I shared a look. We've never tried to force our way into the bond. We haven't wanted too. That was her mind, her soul. If she wanted to tell us something, she'd tell us, and I sure as hell wasn't taking away her free will unless necessary.

North ran a hand down his face," I'll give it a shot. I don't think any of us could bear her being pissed off at Si."
I smirked at him," I'm her teddy bear."
North snorted," Yeah I know. She only wants you to hold her every fucking chance she gets."
I grin smugly while he began to focus on penetrating the walls of her mind.

My Agelle loves my hugs.

North began to grimace as if in agony and fell to his knees. I ran to his side and grabbed his arm as I knelt beside him," North!"
He didn't answer me, instead Lullaby began to whimper.

North cursed," Fuck! Her magic is out of control."
Sean barked out," Try taking some of it to ease the strain on her. She can't survive like this for long."

"I'm trying.", North struggled to get out, fingers clenching at the wood floors. Sean started to rock her in his arms as tears fell from her glowing unblinking orbs.
Then something happened that none of us expected.

She began to sing.
(Video above)

Something odd happened in that moment.
Many odd things happened actually.

We all became entranced, unable to move. It was like I'd suddenly lost all want to do anything other than listen to her. I wanted to go to her and hold her. Nothing else but that mattered.

Little sparkling lights began to flicker in the air around her, growing larger and larger, until they were golf ball sized. They were all different colors - white, blue, pink, purple, orange, yellow. They danced in place around her, swaying to the enchanting lull of her voice.

They kept trying to form into something, four points pulling out from the glowing spheres. They just didn't seem to be able to achieve their desired shape.

Then they danced away from her body, coming towards us, but stopping to hover just in front. They started to swirl and twirl more enthusiastically until a larger shape came. Half the lights formed what looked like a wolf, the other half forming a little man with a pointy hat.

But we couldn't react. All we could focus on was Lullaby and her song.
Her sad beautiful song.

The creatures came into shape. The wolf was large, it's pink eyes glaring into mine directly, nearly as tall as I was. It's fur was thick and black as night. Ram horns curled from either side of its head - neon pink and glittering.

The little man with the red pointy hat took shape of a tiny garden gnome. He grinned maliciously at us, fangs protruding from his upper lips. The gnome hopped from foot to foot in an anticipatory dance.

Abruptly her song stopped and her eyes returned to normal, as did we.

🦋

Lullaby

In the darkness I was lost, spiraling into a never ending frost.
The cold was all I knew.
It became painful, piercing every pore with shards of ice.

The shards fell around me like mirror fragments, revealing memories. Some I remember easily, others must of been dreams.

In one fragment, a woman with dark purple hair that fell to her knees and solar eyes was holding a newborn baby with lilac hair in her arms. She was small and dainty, her clothing barely covering her private areas. Two white strips of fabric covered her breasts and her hips, flowing behind her by many yards, but did not cover the back of her. It seemed like a nonexistent wind constantly kept the fabric in place, pulling it from behind.

She looked down at the baby with a sad smile, rocking it lovingly, before passing it to a man that looked peculiarly just like father. Their mouths moved soundlessly, both looking at each other with sad eyes and smiles. They looked at each other like the boys looked at me. She took a step back and waved at the baby, her smiling solar eyes that roared like the fires of a comet leaked shimmering tears.

"Farewell my little Lullaby. We will meet again. If ever you're alone or lost, look to the stars and I will guide you." An ethereal angelic voice softly echoed in my ears.

The star filled night sky above twinkled enthusiastically before a comet streamed across it.
When the comet disappeared, so did she.

Another mirror fragment passed by, falling towards the black hole behind me.

It's memory I knew well. I was only three at the time and Father has become very distant and sad. He made me sit at the kitchen table while he chugged down glass after glass of bitter liquid. He wrote a few lines on each page before telling me to draw its story. He explained in great detail what to draw.

The page I was currently working on was of a pretty lady with dark purple hair and eyes that glowed like the fires of the sun. She was floating into a beautiful night sky as Galexi's Comet passed by. Her hand was reached down towards a baby left in a field of wildflowers, sunlight tears leaking from her swirling eyes.

The lines read: And although the stellar spirit longed to stay with her mate and child, the call of her comet was too strong. She belonged to the stars, only meant to briefly pass into our world. She left her daughter as a gift to her mate, hoping she could spare her of the lonely fate their kind is cursed with.

The next page was of the lady sitting upon the comet as a silhouetted man holding the lilac haired baby looked up at her. Her hand was still outreached as she was nearly leaving the page. The silhouette man was crying.

This page read: Time is meaningless to those who exist outside of it. The stellar spirit knew one day her comet would pass their world again, and she could embrace her daughter once more even though her mate would be long gone and her daughter would be a grown stranger. Her mate watched as his heart flew away, knowing time was very much real to his kind.

A gasp left my lips softly as the memory fell away. My fingers tentatively touched my cheeks where tears fell.

I was crying?
Why was I crying?

Just as I was about to become engulfed in the black hole, a beautiful voice began to hum a sad tune. It was a simple tune, whimsical and haunted. I'd heard it before, somewhere, sometime far in the past.

My eyes closed as the tune struck a chord within my soul. My lips parted as I tried to mimic the tune I heard. It was easy enough to do, like trying to remember the words to a song I used to sing all the time years ago.

It was so familiar to me, even though I'm sure I'd never heard the tune before.

The black hole dissipated until I was lost in the dark oblivion in between all worlds and planes. I opened my eyes as I was set upright by some unseeable force, my feet landed on a surface that wasn't there.

I looked around, confused and scared, desperately wanting one of my guardians to hold me until I wasn't scared anymore. I hugged myself tightly and squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted this to all go away.

If ever you're alone or lost, look to the stars and I will guide you.

My breathe caught as my eyes slowly opened. Hesitantly I started to look upwards, or what I at least think is upwards. My eyes began to tingle as a single dot formed in the sky and twinkled.
Then another joined it, and another, and another. Quicker and quicker they began to appear until the sky was full of stars. Particle dust clouds of pale blue and green weaved across them. Three new moons slowly became full - one pink, one orange, one lavender. The lavender was the largest moon and had silver rings around it.

Shooting stars in a rainbow of colors flew across the sky. Silhouetted skeleton trees grew in my peripheral vision, the thin twigs tickling the night sky.

My eyes lowered to look around me. I couldn't fight off the big smile on my face.

Cosmia.

Glowing paper lanterns of various shapes and colors flickered on in the limbs above. Lilac grass grew until it swayed around my knees. A fox fairy with pink wings ran by with a Knomepyre chasing it.
Knomepyres were nasty little creatures always trying to sink their sharp fangs in anything with a heartbeat. Even so I adored them. They were so adorable and mischievous.

A wolf howled at the three moons, the sound of the pack's footsteps echoing in the forest. They ran by, all with black fur and pink ram horns.

Lycorns.

A thousand orbs of various colored lights flickered like fireflies deep within the forest. It was hard to see, but I knew if I got close enough I'd see little black bat wings attached to them.

Batlights.
They light the way when one was lost.

A dark chuckle came from behind me. I grinned widely and turned around to see my greatest friend - Jack.
Jack the headless knight.

He held his grinning Jack-o-lantern head in his black leather gloves hand, while his headless body faced me. He wore his typical ensemble - black pants and shirt with his black cloak and leather boots.
Jack never spoke, I just always knew what he was trying to say to me. Through our connection his soul spoke novels to me.

I ran towards him, smiling madly. He chuckled and opened his arms just for me. We were each other's only friends.

The Queen of Stars cast him out from her kingdom and beheaded him, damning him to the life of a traitor. I could see her black palace with its crooked towers off in the distance.

Jack held me as I exclaimed into his chest," Where have you been? You left me."

I didn't expect a reply, not a verbal one at least. Jack showed me things with his mind. He showed me the nine boys on earth who I missed dearly. They were in a trance as they all stood around me. I was singing.
I needed to go back.

"How? I don't know how.", I whimper. He held me tighter. He'd help me.

I nodded," I'll see you again right? You won't disappear?"
He showed me the strings attaching me to the boys. They needed my time more than him. He was my magic, they were real. It was time I joined reality instead of losing myself to my magic. I must try. I must prioritize them. If I do that, Jack will be able to stay more because the boys will help me balance my magic.

Until that happened, he couldn't promise anything.

I sighed sadly but nodded anyways," Okay."

He stepped away and placed his head on his shoulders. Then he held my face between his hands and bent down until his carved mouth touched my forehead.
Cosmia faded away until I was once again floating in the abyss.

And then I fell into reality where I apparently belonged.

🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
12.1K 420 27
THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS LIKE TEN. ITS VERY BAD LMAO Staffie and her dog Unicorn, a white great dane puppy, move to her uncle and aunt's mans...
11.1K 784 6
C.L. Stone Fanfiction of the Ghost Bird series. ~.~.~.~ Summer Break is just starting after they survived a whole year at Ashley Waters. Then, the bo...
13.4K 447 53
A rare species of supernatural arrives at the most famous academy for those like her, werewolves, witches and more. With a knack for finding trouble...