Looking For Help

By Windoom

The Avengers had crossed paths with a group of frightening monsters. After being defeated by them, Thor leads... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Christmas Special!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 23

14.9K 439 106
By Windoom

Right after this sentence, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and fainted, leaving the shocked Avengers behind.

Wanda awoke to find herself surrounded by darkness.

Her entire body ached in pain as she rolled over to try and identify her position. Where the hell was she?

She could feel a soft bed under her and the bed covers over her body.

Slowly, her vision got used to the dark and Wanda could see that she was, indeed, in her bedroom.

When she left her bed, her head started to ache. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened for her to be in such shape.

Then it hit her.

Was Percy... dead?

She quickly dressed herself and rushed out of her room. She stoped on her tracks when the sunlight hit her on the face, momentarily distracting her.

Wanda finally made it to the living room, where Steve was cooking his pancakes. As usual.

"Steve! Where's Percy? Is he alright?" Wanda asked.

"Good morning Wanda" Steve said. "Calm down, alright? Percy is okay, he is just resting."

Wanda let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

After the good news, her headache came back. Steve noticed so.

"Sit down, Wanda." He said. "Percy wasn't the only one who lost control the other day."

Wanda did what Steve said and rubbed her temples. "The other day? What happened?" She asked. Wanda didn't seem to recall any of the events of their mission to help Percy. The only think that she could recall was the fact that Percy was dead, or so she had thought.

Luckily, Steve said he was safe, so she wasn't that worried anymore.

"You don't remember?" Steve asked surprised.

Wanda shook her head. "No. It's all... blurry."

Steve sighed. "Percy lost control." He explained. "When we arrived he was fighting a huge robot. Do you remember?"

Wanda slowly nodded. "I think so. It was a junkyard, right?"

Steve did a curt nod. "Yes. Well, Percy destroyed the robot in no time and he was about to attack us," He explained. "Luckily, Thor managed to fight him off." He wanted to say more but he couldn't find the words.

"What happened next?" Wanda asked confused. "You don't want to tell it?"

"No- It's just... Percy." The soldier said. "I've never felt so much fear in my life. Not even in the wars. He was able to fight a God, for the love of God!"

Steve took a deep breath.

"At the begining, Thor had him under control. He even managed to strike him down with thunder. We really thought that it was over." He started. "But then, you lost control."

Wanda fitched. It had been long since she had lost control, back when she was a child.

"Thor could take you down without dealing major bruises. He managed to knock you out, in the end, and we thought that that was it. However, Percy raised, once again, and..." Steve trailed off. "This time seemed to protect you. He didn't let anyone come close to you."

Wanda felt a slight blush creeping on her face.

"When Thor tried to reason with him, he striked back." Steve continued. "He was like a madman. In the end, somehow you managed to bring him back. Even if you don't remember."

After Steve finished, a heavy silence settled on the room. Neither of them wanted to talk about it.

After some seconds, Wanda spoke again. "W-Was it that bad?" She asked. "Was it that frightening?"

Steve nodded solemly. "It was that bad." He said. "Tony hasn't left the lab for the last three days. He hasn't done that since he guided that bomb towards the aliens and he was diagnosed with PSTD afterwards."

Again, silence filled the room.

Not wanting to talk more about the topic, Steve did the only think he could think of to try and cheer the teenager up.

"Pancakes?"

-----

"Wanda." Bruce said. "Can you explain what happened while Percy and you were away?"

The Avengers were all sitting in the living room. Peter wasn't there and neither did Calypso. The boy had said he wanted to explain some things to his aunt.

"Of course." She said. Wanda had been silent the entire time, she still felt guilty about losing herself to her emotions.

Wanda explained them about how Percy had healed her when they were trapped in the mall. She told them about the Labyrinth and how she knew where to go thanks to that shining trace, she also explained how they had found Kira until when they were ambushed by the dracanaes.

"Then was when they stabbed me and I think I lost counciouness. I don't remember anything else until Percy, Kira and I had to flee from the place where the demigods hide."

Of course, Wanda didn't tell them everything. She said that she had promised Percy not to reveal the position of Camp Half-Blood, even if that wasn't true. She felt that she owned him this.

She didn't mention the fact that she knew Percy's past in certain extent, it was his choice to reveal it to the others, not her's.

"Don't you know anything else?" Clint asked.

Wanda recalled everything she and Percy had done after she awoke, she couldn't think of anything usefull. However, she felt a soft and warm feeling on her forehead, as if someone had pressed pure happiness onto it.

Finally, she shook her head. "Nothing else." Wanda thought for a moment after speaking again. "Maybe Kira knows something."

"Kira?" Steve asked. "Why would she know it?

Wanda shrugged. "I don't know, but Percy mentioned something about a prophecy. Maybe she knows. Kira, you know something?"

The girl, who was drawing on the table, looked at her.

"Yes! I asked the Disky Disk a question and it answered!" She said happily.

"Do you remember it, sweetie? Do you remember what it said?" Natasha asked her.

Kira frowned, trying to remember the exact words that the Disk of Phaistos had prophecied.

"It was something about bread." She said. "I don't remember enything else."

"The feared pit and the enless night,

Shall rise at everyone's sight.

The foretold hero must withstand,

After sentenced to banishment by the Fates hand.

One last toast shall remeber his feats,

After the upcoming threats have been beat."  A male voice said from behind.

The Avengers turned around to meet a handsome blonde teen, that held a powerful aura. He smiled widely while the heroes stared shocked at him.

"What happens, guys?" He asked. "Never seen someone as awesome as me?"

"W-Who are you?" Steve demanded, trying to sound confident.

Before the teen could answer, Thor did something unexpected. He bowed towards the boy.

"Lord Apollo." He said. "It's a pleasure to see you again, after all this centuries."

Apolo smiled at him. "Thor! It has been, indeed, a long time. How are the things going in Asgard?"

Clint stepped into the conversation between the Gods, redirecting the conversation towards the words that Apolo had said before.

"What were those words you said before?" He asked.

The God huffed annoyed and glared at the archer. "Those are the lines of the prophecy. They are my domain."

"Dad?"

Apollo looked at the little girl, who was looking at him wideyed. The God smiled warmly at her.

"Hello sweetheart." Apollo said. His appearance morphed into an older one. He seemed more mature, almost like a responsible adult.

Kira launced herself at him, englufing him with a hug. "Daddy!"

The God laughed joyfully. "Careful girl. I may be a God but I'm already a couple of milenia old."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Lord Apollo." Natasha said. "But we are quite in need of knowing the prophecy. Who is the foretold hero?"

Apollo directed his gaze towards the assassin. "And who might you be, darling?" He said flirtiarously.

Natasha glared at him, but Kira was the one who acted. Apollo was smacked upside down by his daughter.

"Dad!" Kira scowled. "Don't do that!"

Apollo chuckled. "Sorry sweetheart." He then directed himself to Natasha. "The foretold hero is none else than Percy."

The room setled in silence. If the foretold hero was Percy, that meant that he was going to die if the prophecy was fulfilled.

"So that means that the boy is going to-" Tony said, stunned.

Wanda cut him midsentence.

"Kira, come here. We are going to see the pool that Tony has in this tower, okay?" She asked.

The girl stared at her confused. "But...dad is here!"

"You can talk to him later, okay?" Wanda said, her voice giving away the sadness that she felt after knowing what Percy's future was.

Wanda didn't let Kira say anything else as she dragged her out of the room.

Silence settled, once again, in the room.

"She loves him, doesn't she?" Apolo asked, still looking in the direction the pair had left.

Nobody answered. It was obvious about the feelings of the girl.

"You've matured, Lord Apollo." Thor said.

The sun God smiled at him widely. However, it didn't reach his eyes. "What do you mean Thor? I'm still as cool and awesome as always!"

It was painfully obvious to The Avengers that it wasn't the case, but they didn't point it out.

"Have you got anything else to tell us, Lord Apollo?" Steve asked.

Apolo sighed, knowing the mortals were more simple than the Gods and that they didn't appreciate riddles.

"I've come here mainly to make sure you're aware about the prophecy." He explained. "However, I would like to ask you a favor."

Thor nodded. "Anything reasonable."

"Thank you, Thor." Apollo smiled at him, he seemed tired. "The Gods of the Greek Pantheon can't be involved with mortals, it's written in the Ancient Laws. However, that doesn't mean that we don't care about our children, it's painfull to see them die over the years, mainly to the monsters."

"Percy has earned the grace of several Gods over the years. His loyalty and perseverance has brought hope to mortals and immortals alike, and we all feel in debt with him. That's why I ask you this, Avengers." Apollo continued.

He took a ragged deep breath.

"Make sure that Percy Jackson, twice saivour of Olympus and bringer of Hope, enjoys his time remaining in the world."

When he finished, he flashed away, making The Avengers cover their eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 5.3K 25
When Annabeth spends her summer working on fixing Mount Olympus, Percy has nothing to do except to get a job. So when he surprisingly gets an interns...
6.3K 143 18
This won't be your average Percy Jackson and Marvel Crossover. The avengers find out that they are facing more threats than just Thanos and they mig...
broken By shrek

Fanfiction

2.4K 60 17
percy jackson / avengers crossover. characters belong to the mcu and rick riordan
25K 701 25
(The sequel to 'Percy Jackson & The Avengers: Aftermath') After the death of Perseus 'Percy' Jackson, a new threat is rising on earth and the underwo...