Brooklyn's Break In #1 | ✔

By starsatmidnight_

Highest #294 in ChickLit before rated MATURE 🔞 S E X U A L C O N T E N T 🔞 Read at your own risk Br... More

ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳ💦
ᶠᶤᵛᵉ💦
ˢᶤˣ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᵗᵉᶰ💦
ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᶤᶠᵗᵉᵉᶰ💦
ˢᶤˣᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ💦
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ💦
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʸ
epilogue
trivia
New Story Idea: checklist

ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ

1K 55 12
By starsatmidnight_

In movies, during a dramatic scene, there will always be background music playing that puts the audience on the edge of their seats. It creates an intense atmosphere as well as builds the suspense to what's about to happen.

It can be either a good type, bad, or a very bad one if watching a horror movie. Whichever it is, audience will be on their highest alert and desperate to know what will happen next, they will grasp onto every detail in hopes to know what to expect.

The director will make sure that doesn't happen, he wants the theater to be on their toes, anticipating the next move but never actually knowing. It maintains the quality and also attracts more viewers.

If Asher and Brooklyn were in a movie, this will be the time where the music plays, and where an everlasting silence etches so loud you'd be able to hear a pin drop.

Lisa was pacing around the room, and Brooklyn and Asher were both sitting on her bed as instructed the moment they entered. Brooklyn had her head resting on his shoulder after she got bored of seeing her anxious mom and the consistent footsteps was getting on her nerves, his big hands were wrapped in her small ones and his cheek rested on the top of her head.

He readjusted and placed a kiss on her forehead, "you okay?" he asked softly, not wanting to alert Lisa.

Closing her eyes and sighing, Brooklyn answered, "yeah. It's just, we have been here for about ten minutes and she's still walking back and forth around the room."

"I get it," he whispered, playing with her hair, "you wanna try and call her?"

"We already did that. It didn't work, remember? The last ten times proved it."

"The eleventh times a charm, babe."

"Sure," scoffed Brooklyn. "Why don't the both of us yell together, maybe she will snap out of whatever she's in if we had a louder voice."

"Whatever floats your boat, babe, I'm down. On three?"

She nodded. Three... Two... O-

"Wait! I have a question first, it's important." Asher looked at her in panic and they had to stop the countdown.

She wasn't happy that they were prolonging it. "What is it, Asher. Make it quick."

"It was a sudden thought, okay?" he defended, raising his hands up and surrender. "Just wondering, what were we supposed to yell?"

"Are you serious? Yell whatever you want, as long as it does the job. You can call her Lisa or Mrs Reid or mom for all I care. Even though it would be weird but that doesn't matter. Three. Two. One. MOM!!"

She didn't pause before she started the count, and it was abrupt and quick, which brings to attention the Asher wouldn't be ready when they were supposed to shout their heads off. So in a moment of hesitation, he yelled the only thing that he could think of. One thing that contributed to the word of choice was that Brooklyn was shouting it.

"MOM!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, successfully gaining Lisa's attention, as well as Brooklyn's.

Both women whipped their head towards him and while the prior looked at him funny, thinking what the hell had gotten into him that drove him into calling her 'mom', the latter was gagging on her own saliva, wheezing for breath the moment she heard her lover yell exactly what she did, embarrassing himself.

He slowly lowered his volume until it became utter silence, where Brooklyn's giggles could be heard as loud horns blaring. When she noticed the attention, she shut up and just like that, all eyes were back on Asher. He gritted his teeth to sate his embarrassment but it doesn't work.

"Can you two, please, stop looking at me like that? It's uncomfortable," he said while pulling at the collar of his shirt after a long silence. "Lisa, sorry about that, I was out of line and it won't happen again. I promise."

"Did you– Did you just call me mom," she asked for conformation, eyes wide and baffled beyond words.

"I did."

"And it won't happen again?"

"Well," he said awkwardly, "as of now, no. But I plan to after I marry your daughter."

"What?" came Brooklyn's response. She was as shocked at the revelation as the other woman in the room. Lisa looked like she wanted to faint while at the same time she was also internally jumping for joy. "Correct me if I'm wrong, Ash, but did you just say 'marry'? Me?"

He looked at her with what can only be described as loving, "Yeah, babe. When the time is right I'll propose to you, and we can stay together as a couple, married, and so in love."

Tears were at the corner of her eyes, threatening to spill, "I love you, I hope you that."

"I do. And I love you too," he leaned down to meet her lips.

She kissed back almost immediately to show how much she meant each of her words, spilling everything into a simple kiss that only him and her can understand.

When it was getting too heated for an older woman to handle, Lisa cut in again. She had put up with too much of them tonight already. "Alright, you two, I've seen enough. Save it for the altar, will you." She was tapping her feet impatiently as she waited for them to finish, "I don't need you savages tearing each other's clothes off in front of me."

Brooklyn pulled away suddenly, gaping at her mom. "Hey! Couldn't you use a nicer word to describe us?"

"That doesn't matter," she waved her off. "I just remembered, we were supposed to talk about something?"

"Right. That's what we were here for," Brooklyn, who had somehow forgotten her objective in being in her mother's room, said. "I'm ready, mom. Lay it on me."

Lisa's mouth went sideways, hating that she had to disappoint her daughter. "Sorry honey, this is actually more for Asher than for you, but I figured it would be easier for you to break it him than me doing it myself. But since the both of you are here, I might as well just say it."

He nodded in response, "go ahead."

"Okay. Let me just clear this up, though. I didn't make this my business, I just thought you'd want to know it before someone else found out and informed you much later," she said, maintaining eye contact with him to gauge his reaction, but he stayed composed. "So, I was on my way to the backyard this evening, and you have those wide, Victorian style windows that I had always loved. I was just doing what I usually do, look out those windows to admire the greens, but then there was this one panel that was open, which was unusual in itself, so I poked around and checked it," she paused, "and it appeared to be picked. The latch was bent and I don't mean to alarm you, but I think, possibly, someone broke in," she lowered her voice at the end like she doesn't want anyone else hearing.

Asher should've at least have some normal, humanely body response when he finished listening to Lisa; like fuming, clenched fist, pursed lips, or even just furrowing his brows in question.

But at the end of Lisa's tale, Asher only looked at Brooklyn and saw that she was already doing the same back at him. Although it doesn't solve the mystery, the mention of robbery would still bring back good memories about how they met. If it weren't for her decision, they wouldn't have found each other.

He squeezed her hand lovingly and she reciprocated it. None of them knew from the start where their decisions would lead, but this seemed adequate.

Lisa, who didn't know their story, found it rather disturbing that they don't care about a possible break in. To her, in a situation like this required immediate attention and the two of them were doing anything but! They were smiling at each other. Smiling!

In her mind, that was absolutely unacceptable. Brooklyn was her daughter, she knew she was missing a few screws somewhere in her head, but Asher was completely normal, although maybe that's changed now.

Possibly from spending too much time with Brooklyn.

"Asher," she called, snapping him out of it, "shouldn't you do something?"

After all the good flashbacks, he couldn't seem to find the right words, "oh yeah. Don't worry about it, Lisa. I'll make some calls and get it fixed. It'll be good as new by noon tomorrow, tops."

"That's good. And the person that did it? What will you do?"

"You don't have to worry," he repeated, "I will handle it. But if you really want to know, I have a guy, he's a PI and he'll get to the bottom of this faster than you can say 'I'm guilty.'"

____________________

If it's not too much a trouble, please, please please please help me share this book to your friends. Ever since it was rated mature the views have been pretty much static and that's not good :'(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.1K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
52K 2.5K 23
𝑻𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. ______ Lou attracts danger everywhere she goes. It's how she me...
224K 12.2K 40
An ambitious Indian-American CEO mixes business with pleasure when she finds a hot-headed investor for a new venture. However, when forces threaten t...
1.1M 40.4K 80
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...