Until Proven Innocent

By AbbyRoseTyler

Following the birth of her first child, Cordelia Waters suffered from a severe postpartum psychosis. When six... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

2.2K 228 6
By AbbyRoseTyler

AFTER
Cordelia Waters
Sunday May 21, 2016

This day seems to be turning into a family reunion. I phoned Colton three hours ago, informing him that Liam and Lianna were here with the kids. Now I watch him and Jada, who arrived moments ago, as they sit together on the couch, immersed with the family.

Everyone sits in the living room: my mother, my father, Weston, Liam, Lianna, the kids, Colton, and Jada. I'm standing from a distance observing this odd scene, fiddling with my fingers. Why do I feel so uneasy? I should be happy to have my family together like this. Especially since Weston is here too.

I turn and glance at him, watching as he stands there holding a cup of coffee. I was sure he'd be up early and out of the house, just as he was yesterday and the day before. It's as though he can't stand being around me since she went missing.

I understand that he thinks it's my fault. I can't really blame him. But I don't care about that right now. I'm just glad he could put our differences aside and be here with my family.

I stand here, allowing my eyes to linger on him just a little longer. I don't want to turn away. The sight alone has the ability to make me feel even the slightest bit better.

Colton loves spending time with his niece and nephew. He's been chasing them around the house, playing games like hide and seek with them. They hardly know him due to the fact that Liam has been keeping his distance over the years, but they seem to be thoroughly enjoying his presence.

As soon as I called Colton and told him that they were here, he said he was on his way. I told him he didn't need to rush, but he said he wanted to. I guess he was eager to see everyone. Eager to see his brother. I know we've all had our differences, especially him and Liam for reasons that are beyond me. But despite all of the tension in the room, everyone seems to be getting along and catching up.

Nothing like a family crisis to bring everyone together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

April By Amanda Owen

Mystery / Thriller

126 142 33
Lost her parents, left to care for her sisters, under the watch of suspicious orphanage caretaker. April has gone through a lot but is she ready for...
49 0 17
When girls start going missing again in London Theodora and her boss go to investigate, not knowing what would happen the two rediscover a secret abo...
175 7 14
Babies are taken from their mothers as soon as they are born, and only returned at the age of 15. Not one of them remembers what happened there excep...
No Telling By AMBower

Mystery / Thriller

73 1 1
Detective Louise Highcroft's first investigation is an open and shut case. The murderer has confessed, even led them too the body, there's no chance...