Love to Hate You (A Harry Sty...

By harmonica

Autumn Pierce. That awkward girl from Holmes Chapel. Harry Styles. That equally awkward/famous guy from Holm... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The California Nightmare
Chapter 2 - Stereotypes All Around
Chapter 3 - They All Do
Chapter 4 - Peanut Butter
Chapter 6 - Good Luck With That
Chapter 7 - Virtually
Chapter 8 - It Really Is on You
Chapter 9 - The Sass Master
Chapter 10 - Francesca or Nymphadora
Chapter 11 - It's a Date
Chapter 12 - Such A Girl
Chapter 13 - Book Covers
Chapter 14 - TVs and Penguins and Ziam, Oh My!
Chapter 15 - That Time I Thought I Was Gonna Die

Chapter 5 - Admiring Your Masterpiece

16.3K 203 34
By harmonica

- Autumn's Point of View -

I woke up in the morning to the sound of manic yells and the slamming of the door. I had a small smile, knowing who it was and for what reason.

 “What the FUCK, Autumn?!” Harry screamed as he closed my bedroom door a bit too loudly and dramatically for my liking.

He never cursed, which weirdly excited me. It meant it was working. Revenge hurts, bitch.The boy was lucky Rita and my dad had gone out for the day, or he would possibly be skinned alive.

 I rubbed my eyes, adjusting to the bright lights, smiling at the curly haired boy who looked like he was about to have a tantrum. I didn’t know about him, but I was enjoying myself very much.

 I sat up, “Pink suits you, Hazz.”

 He glared at me, steam practically coming out of his ears like in those old cartoons.

 He pointed at his hair, which was now a pretty neon pink, “This is not funny! My social life is going to be ruined because of this!”

 I waved a hand at him, dismissing his thoughts, “You look at life too seriously, Harry.”

 Just then, Louis walked in with a playful expression, “I told you you needed to change your look. Since you refused, the lovely Autumn and I decided to take it upon ourselves to make you look fabulous.”

 I nodded, completely agreeing with Louis’s story, “We did this for your sake, love. Wouldn’t want to be behind on the trends, would you?”

 Louis gasped dramatically, nodding his head as if it were the truest thing anyone had ever said, that it would save the human race.

 Harry was getting even more annoyed by each word we uttered, “I had to walk down Rodeo Drive in front of all of the celebrities to have Nicki Minaj tell me she liked my hair!”

 I smiled at him, my eyes widening, “You talked to Nicki Minaj?”

 Louis interjected, “Was she nice?”

 “WOULD YOU BOTH BE SERIOUS FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE?” he blew up, then began panting out of anger.

 That made me crack. I covered my head in my blankets as I laughed like a hyena, hearing Louis giggle and say, “Take a chill pill, mate.”

 I heard Louis run away as I guess Harry chased him. I couldn’t stop laughing, being on a high that I hadn’t had for a long time. After a moment, I felt someone lay down on the bed next to me. I didn’t mind him getting touchy-feely at all. He had always been a physical person with everyone that he met, even the ones that he had a bit of dislike for, since we were little kids. I was too used to it.

 He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him. He brought his mouth closer to my neck,  his warm breath making me shiver.

 “You’re going to pay for this, love,” he whispered in my ear softly.

 I turned to face him and smirked, “Hit me with your best shot.”

 “Trust me,” he caressed my cheek, so close, I could hear him breathing, “I am.”

 “I’ll be waiting,” I said and got up, pulling him up with me and shoving him out the door, “Now, out! We’ll worry about your man-period after I get changed!”

 He gave me a puppy dog expression when he was out of the room, “Can’t I stay and watch?”

 I gave him a Yeah, right expression and closed the door on him, locking it because I didn’t trust the pervert to keep his hands to himself.

 I grabbed long, skinny, black pants and a white blouse with cut-off sleeves and put them on my bed, going to the bathroom with my toiletries bag to fix myself. After exiting the bathroom, I dressed into my outfit with cream colored Christian Louboutin “Freddy” flats, yet again, courtesy of Rita’s “shop ‘till you drop” motto.

 I ran downstairs to find Niall raiding the refrigerator, a loaf of bread in his mouth. He turned to me with a wide eyed expression, like a deer caught in the headlights.

 “Sawwy, Aurum. I wuth hunwy,” he said, barely understandable with the food in his mouth. He tried smiling at me nervously, the bread almost falling out of his mouth.

 “Eat to your heart’s content, Niall.” I laughed and walked over to Zayn and Louis, who were on the phone.

 “What are you two doing?” I asked, sitting on the other side of the booth.

 “Ordering pizza,” Zayn answered, then continued nudging Louis that he wanted pineapple on his.

 “You may not be aware of this, boys, but it’s nine the morning.”

 “So?” Zayn shrugged, “It’s never too early for pizza.”

I didn’t know how to reply to that, so I got up, letting the five-year-olds do what they wanted to, and walked over to Liam, who was sitting on the island with a blank expression, his legs swinging out of boredom.

 “You look like you’re having the time your life,” I noted sarcastically, hopping onto the island.

 “Definitely,” he smiled, “I just really miss my girlfriend.”

 I nodded understandingly, “She’s in the UK now?”

 He motioned for yes, “They’re getting ready for the Olympics, so she can’t take time off.”

 I felt sorry for him. The poor boy never had time for his girlfriend, and when he did, she didn’t have time for him.

 “I’m sorry, Liam,” I gave him a hug and he laughed.

 “What are you sorry about? You haven’t done anything.”

 That was a good point.

 “I don’t know,” I shrugged, “I’m just trying to make you feel better.”

 “Thanks, Autumn,” he said and hugged me back, “It means a lot.”

 “Hands off my woman, Payne,” we heard Harry say.

 My woman?

 Liam chuckled and put his hands up in the air like he was being arrested, “Apparently, I can’t give my friends hugs.”

 “Not on my watch,” Harry said, blowing out the fake smoke on his ‘hand gun’.

 He had by now put on a beanie, covering most of his pink hair.

 Since when was I ‘his woman?’ Where did that come from? I didn’t belong to anyone, and I never would. I wasn’t some toy that could be owned. Sure, I should have taken his protectiveness towards me as a compliment, but it annoyed me.

 “Hold your horses, Pinky,” I said, jumping down from the island, “When did I start becoming your woman?

 “Since you started loving me,” he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

 “Excuse me?!”

 Where did he get that notion from? I did not love him. I never had, never would. Why would I ever love him and why would he think I did? I never got the impression that he thought I loved him. If he thought that, did that mean he loved me, too? No, he didn’t. He had told me just yesterday that he loved a girl named Elizabeth, who I didn’t know but was supposed to... Confusing boy, that Harry Styles.

 “We’re going into a very restricted area to talk about with girls, Harry,” Liam tried to reason.

 Harry ignored him.

 “I know you like me, Autumn,” he said and continued, “as more than a friend.”

 “No, I don’t,” I said, my jaw clenched, “Just because I’m being civil towards you for once...”

 “Harry...” Liam warned, yet again being ignored.

 “Keep denying your love for me,” he grinned at me, the bastard, “You’ll eventually come around.”

 “I don’t fucking love you, OKAY?!” I burst out.

 The entire room quieted down and looked at me, Liam cautiously getting off of the island and coming near me.

 Harry turned around to walk out of the kitchen and said loudly enough for me to hear, “She totally loves me.”

 I tried pouncing on him, but was held back by Liam, who had grabbed me by my waist.

 “Calm down, Autumn,” Liam said, hushing me. “He’s just being himself.”

 “I don’t love him,” I mumbled over and over again, almost as if I was trying to convince myself. "I don't love him."

 “You know what’ll make you feel better?” Louis said, coming over and patting me on the back lightly.

 I gave him a questioning look and he grinned.

 “Admiring your masterpiece.”

 “What do you mean?” I asked and he brought his phone up to me, which was open to Google, the search box empty.

 “Search it,” he whispered, “You know you want to.”

 I looked back at the phone screen and pressed images before clicking on twenty-two keys on the touch screen. About one-hundred results showed up, only twenty of them pertaining to what I was looking for.

 Zayn craned his neck to see what we were looking at and read the search out loud, “‘Harry Styles pink hair’?"

 Niall was looking at the screen from the other side of the island, apple in hand, “To be honest, I kind of like it.”

 We all turned to him and gave him weird looks. He just shrugged and said that pink brought out the greenness in Harry's eyes.

 “Your gayness can be seen from outer space at the moment,” Zayn commented, poking Niall on the cheek.

 I laughed, “I kind of agree with you, Niall. It looks nice.”

 “Yeah, totally,” Liam said sarcastically, “It makes him much manlier.”

 “I can hear you, you know!” Harry yelled from the living room.

 “Fantastic!” I yelled back. “We’ve all voted, Harry. You keep the pink hair.”

 “No, it’s okay,” he said, walking back in and groaning at the pictures we were looking at, “Seriously?”

 “Yes, seriously,” Louis said, as I handed his phone back.

 “You never did tell me who Elizabeth was, Harry," I said, elbows on the table.

 “I’ll tell you later,” he smiled.

 “Ugh,” I put my head down on the cold, marble countertop, “I hate cliffhangers."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 340 39
Alex isn't your typical nerd. Yes she gets bullied and beaten. But it's all about to change when she becomes friends with Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Za...
7.3K 258 26
Louis hates everything. He hates that he failed the last school year, that his dad moved out and that his mum is working so much now. Harry hates tha...
11.7K 374 30
Emma Jones and Liam Payne have been the best of friends ever since they met in chorus class back in grade school. Two years after the creation of One...
6.5K 301 32
Shannon was just your average fan, she loved the boys, but, no one knew. She was a secret fan. But one day, her life was twisted upside down, when al...