Whispering Spells [on hold]

By TrueLies15

Lucinda Arista Scott, an introvert, who just has one friend, Roxanne- a cheerleader. She reluctantly agrees t... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 2: Dashing Off For Stupid Reasons
Chapter 3: It's Party Time!!
Chapter 4: Trouble
Chapter 5 (part 1) : Have To Tell Her!
Chapter 5 : How bad can it get?
Chapter 6 : Feisty my foot!
Chapter 7 : A Beautiful Trouble

Chapter 1 : Ferrero Rochers Is My weakness

618 39 89
By TrueLies15

Hey guys!! I have finally wrote my first chapter *doing happy dance*

A bit cliché start and mistakes ahead!

<><><><><><><><><>

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.

- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

<><><><><><><><><>

Lucy/Lucinda's POV

A monstrous sound was heard in the background. As it started getting louder and louder, my conscience started kicking in. Without opening my eyes, I reached out for my side stool, patting the laminated surface, searching for the source of this evil sound.

Huh! I hate alarms, they are like the call from Hell. With their irritating growl disturbing the peaceful heaven of my dreamland, which I seldom get to visit.

After putting an end to Satan's weapon of sleep destruction, I stretched my arms in a very un-ladylike manner. I got out and made my way to the washroom to let the warm water do its magic and get rid of the sweat and my dragon-breath.

Facing the closet, I stuck with my technique of wearing the first thing that seems nice and wore grey sweats with a white T-shirt and a black hoodie accompanied with my favorite black Converse. Removing my blonde-brown hair from my emerald green eyes and putting them in a messy bun as the final touch, I was ready for school.

Reaching the kitchen, I sat on the kitchen stool and was greeted with the sight of the person who took care of me in my most difficult times, and has been with me since my birth. She has taught me half of the things that I know today. Helping my mom and me whenever we need her. Though at first she was just my nanny, now she is much more; she is like my second parent.

"Good Morning Darling. Sleep well?" She gave me her warm motherly smile.

"Good Morning to you too Ava. Fortunately I did." I grinned. Then I noticed her sprinkling some spices on the dish in the pan, a delicious aroma escaping from it, immediately making my mouth water. Taking it in, I gave a dreamy sigh.

Noticing my reaction. She chuckled, " Hungry are we? Your favorite pasta coming right up."

Ava is in her late-thirties. Though she has a motherly aura, she has a fit figure with toned body. Her chestnut hair is set as a bun. Wearing comfy pants and a T-shirt, she looks very young. She is actually a beauty and I am grateful to have her in my life; without her, I wouldn't be half of the person I am today.

After devouring my pasta and talking for a little while with Ava, I was on my way to school.

After parking my car, I walked towards my locker thinking about all the periods I have today, and how much I have to suffer from all those boring lectures. Believe me, they are total torture, just blah, blah, blah... It's not like I hate studying, I like it and I love books...just not ugly-grumpy-spit-throwing-teachers. Seriously, they take hours just to say one sentence. Imagine a whole lecture to do with spit... Gross! But on the other hand, they're not all like that. There are some rare jewels...like Mr. Stuart. He's hot and sweet but he's married, and then there's...

I was busy thinking when I saw a jumpy rabbit make its way towards me, hopity-hopity-hop, grinning from ear to ear.

And NO! I am not dreaming, and am very much sane, thankyou.

'Cause ladies and gentleman, this so called crazy bunny is none other than my BFF , Roxanne, which at the moment doesn't look like a human being. She was skipping, more like hopping down the hall, coming towards me, pausing momentarily to respond to some "Hi's" and "Sup's".

Yeah, here's my popular all-time crazy childhood best friend. Who would have thought a kit-kat could get you a friend such as her? And I was right when I said she was popular. Well, why wouldn't she be? She's a freaking cheerleader!

She likes all the attention and fame, and by attention, hot guys chasing her to ask her out on a date. Usually after being popular, people become bitchy, but that's where Roxanne's different.

She's a pretty attractive brunette. With her hazel eyes and sexy curves, she is a trophy; and a beauty-with-brains.. well she's my friend. I tell you, she doesn't let her ego or her reputation come in between us, she values what she has and is far from ragging or bullying people; no wonder people like her, me on top of that list. On the other hand, I am the 'Nobody' at school and I kinda like it like that. Though we are total opposites, we are stuck to each other by hip. She's like the sister I never had, A sister from another mister!

Wait a minute.... was she skipping? More like hopping?

"Hey Lucy!" She squealed, her voice hurts my ears. I know she's my sister and all but when she's way too exited or nervous, my poor ears have to suffer.

"Oh, Hey Rox " I say after gaining my senses back.

"Isn't it such a wonderful day?" She gave me a dreamy sigh.

What? Day wonderful? Seriously! She's completely lost it ; this has to be something big.

"Whatever." I say, I have to know what's going on ."Is there something you aren't telling me? Huh, Rox?"

"Nothing...there's nothing..." she says blushing.

"Oh! Come on , Spill the beans. Don't you dare think I didn't notice you hopping like a bunny or the blushing and God, the squealing! Now what are you so excited about? And don't get me started on what the day is like." I said narrowing my eyes.

"What? No I wasn't hop-" She tries to protest but my no-nonsense look stopped her.

"Uh! Okay," she says giving up. "Have you heard about the party tomorrow night?"

"Um... Yeah. I heard people gossiping, I think the whole school is invited." I say, remembering the loud talks I overheard. "So? What?" I asked, confused.

"Well... I heard that Ryan just broke up with that slut Megan last week... and," she said excitedly.

"And?" I pushed her to go on.

I already knew about that through all the gossips and, well, Ms. Crazy-about-Ryan. She fried my brain talking about it; literally she was on cloud nine. Well, it was no shocker cause no one's serious about that Megan, she's just a pastime for guys. And if one even felt sympathy for her after the break-up, it was gone because the next day she started dating someone else. Well a bitch is a bitch.

"And rumors are that he has his eyes on a particular girl; cheerleader, brunette with hazel eyes... does it ring a bell??" She asks more excitedly.

Well, Ryan was her big time crush. But somehow, she wasn't able to get his attention for years. She was totally desperate for him. She dated but somehow never stopped thinking about him. He was a nice guy but well, let's just say his choice of friends and most importantly girlfriends were... how do you put it? Hmmm.. Ugghh!! Well, you know Megan... so imagine the rest.

"You can't be serious." I look at her with disbelief.

But her look says I am wrong.

"Well if you seriously think its you, i'll be so happy for you, but it can be anyone else and how can you be so sure that the rumors are true?" I asked.

"Come on Lucy, use that marvelous head of yours. It is me; who else meets the description? Huh?" She asks, looking at me as if I am crazy.

"I know Rox; it means the world to you. But I don't want you to be disappointed or sad if the rumors turned out just to be rumors." I say worriedly. I don't want my BFF to be sad and I know for sure that if the rumors aren't true she would be devastated.

"You worry a lot you know that. It's me, I know it is. All those years dreaming about him has finally paid off." She says confidently. " And besides I saw him even staring at me for the past few days. That makes that all the more obvious."

"I don't know. But what does it have to do with the party?" I asked, still unsure.

"Oh! Yeah...Well.. he's going to be at the party tomorrow...and it's the best time to find out if the lucky one is me." She says sounding hopeful.

"Well are you sure?" I ask unsure.

"Hell yeah I'm sure." she says confidently.

"Ok then, go ahead. I hope it is you. Though if it's not, be ready for my 'I told you so's" I said finally. She never seemed so determined before and If she wants it then I'll support her.

"Oh.. Thank God! You agreed. But I need a tiny-miny favor from you..." She said feeling relieved.

See, one thing I know about Rox is that her favors are never 'tiny-miny', it has to be something big, "Favor? What kind of favor?" I asked, not knowing where this favour thing is going.

"Um... Iwantyoutocometotheparty" She blurted out.

"Crazy- bunny say what?"

"See I don't think I will be able to talk to Ryan without your help. I don't want to miss this chance but I know I'll back out last minute, so I need you to go with me to the party. Please Lucy please, I know it's your first party and all but will you please do this for me...." she begged with her adorable puppy face, which, trust me, is very hard to say no to.

"Me? I have never been to a party before and if you haven't noticed before I lack in every department related to partying!!" I said, totally shocked.

'Me' and 'party' don't go together. I am not at all party-material, yeah I love dance and all but I've never been to a party before in my life. Hell, I have never even had a drink before. I know what party is all about - drinking, kissing, grinding and....sex. Just the things I want to avoid.

"I know that Lucy but please for me... You know I am head over heels for Ryan. And one day or another you gotta go to a party. You gotta live a little...I go to parties all the time, and they aren't so bad. Lucy." She tried to convince me, but failed miserably because I know exactly what happened at her first party.

"Rox, I don't give a shit cause you very well know what happened at your first not-so-bad-party." I snapped.

"Well... yeah but it doesn't mean that it would happen to you. I was immature at that time but you are sensible enough...and--" She was cut off by the school bell.

I looked at her in disbelief and walked towards my first class. She and I had different classes today. I had arts as my first period. The only period I love. I entered the class and headed straight for my desk, already pulling out my sketchbook in anticipation of a clear mind.

The room was really a huge hall with a white board in the front wall and space in the center for models - who willingly let people (as in boys) sketch their body. Though it is sick, we do need them for portraits - so who am I to complain?

There were many elongated white desks and chairs arranged nicely. Some canvas stands at one corner and three huge cupboards full of colors and other heavenly painting materials - my personal paradise.

While the rest of the class is doing basics - which I already know, I am excused to do sketching, as I am Mrs. Barns' favorite. She knows my love for art. For me through sketching I can express my thoughts; it's like putting all my thoughts together into a sheet. It helps to clear my mind; In other words, it's kind of like meditation for me. Whenever I had nightmares I use to sketch them and keep them in my file, which is at home. This one is only for school.

It has a blue cover with 'SKETCHBOOK' written over it in white. I opened it to a new page and started sketching, thinking about my conversation with Rox. Well, it's time to think clearly. How can she expect me to go to a party?

She very well knows how hers turned out! And she knows I try my best to avoid them. What do people get from parties anyway? I am no socialite, and I don't have a charming personality; added to that I am only known as 'Rox's friend'...hardly anyone knows my name. And I would like it to stay like that. "And my fashion sense is way underneath the gutter."' as per Rox. I think my style is comfy and nice. I mean wearing the first thing I see is nice right? Wait, don't answer that!

"But she's your sister" says my not-present-till-now conscience.

Well... I know what Ryan means to her. She's been head-over-heels for him since she saw him. I mean we spent nights talking about him. She even stalks him on facebook and gets sad whenever he uploads a pic with a girl...which is quite often. And finally she's got a shot. All that time maybe finally paid off.

Keyword being 'maybe' ...well if the rumors are true.

I should help her out. What kind of friend or sister would I be if I won't help her when she needs me? Knowing her, she would definitely back out last moment because she doesn't have the guts to face him. And she will regret it if she didn't try. And one day or another I need to attend a party. I don't want to miss it but I can say I am scared a little. Well, not little; more like 'pissing my pants' scared, But I have to do it for her. She helped me get through a lot. Why can't I do her this favor? I will do it for her. I have to do it for my sister. I will tell her at lunch.

Well, how bad can it be right? I just have to be careful about a few things like...

Not taking drinks from strangers...No talking to drunk people... No going to bedrooms... No dark corners... Avoid talking... No getting in the way of bitches...Lucy just remember and follow these and it will go smoothly. Hardly anyone knows me, I am invisible to every one and I hope it remains like that.

<><><>

Well, I mostly have lunch with my best friends... BOOKS... at the library. I know I may sound pathetic but it is how I like it. Rox always eats lunch with the squad at the canteen, not that I mind; I'm completely okay with it. Books are my escape from this world, a world without my own problems, a world where you are not yourself but the character. And guessing all the possibilities where the story might lead you to. It clears my mind and relaxes me.

But right now I have to tell Rox about my decision. I texted her to meet me at the library and she's on her way.

I have to do it. I've thought enough. And she's right; I have to live a little. I am going to be eighteen soon. I gotta loosen up a bit.

"Hey Lucy" Rox called coming towards me.

"Hey Rox."

"See Lucy, I know you have never been to a party before and you hate them. But please help me just this one time. I know I am not the best person to be talking about first party experiences... But please do it for me. You know how much I like Ryan. This is my only chance...plea-" She said pleadingly making her puppy face again.

"Rox..." I started saying but she cut me off.

"...se say yes. Don't worry about clothes. I'll help you out on that. I'll even do your make up and I will even give you a packet of Ferrero Rochers... Please do it . Please," She pleaded again.

I grinned inwardly seeing her pleading like that when I already made up my mind.

And well Ferrero Rocher's are my weakness

" Aww.. Rox, you know I'm a sucker for those. I was gonna say yes anyway, but you just made saying yes sound so yummy."

Her whole face lit up, those hazel eyes were filled with relief and happiness as she threw her arms around me and gave me a breath-choking hug. "Lucy thank you so much, you just made my day - actually my life. Thank you so much. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you...."

"C-Can't breathe!" I choked.

She let go of me "Sorry," She smiled sheepishly. "But Lucy, seriously, I owe you big time. And I promise you won't have a bad time either. I will personally dress you up. You know I'm a wizard when it comes to clothes. I will come at your house at 6 the party starts at 8 ."

"Rox no probs and you don't owe me anything. Ferrero Rocher's made up for that and I know what Ryan means the world - no, universe to you. And plus I've gotta live a little too." I said.

"I know he does." She sighed. "But woo-hoo! Lucy's going to a party. Lucy's going to a party. Who would have thought we'd see such a day?" She grinned, jumping a bit.

"Watch your tongue missy; I may change my mind." I scolded.

"No you won't, you love me and Ferrero Rochers too much." She grinned mischievously.

"You not so much, them yeah, I guess so," I smiled.

"Ouch! That hurt." She said, placing both her hands over her heart in mock hurt.

I rolled my eyes at her, "But yeah I am going to a party tomorrow. Aren't I ?" I chuckled.

She started squealing excitedly; I was so amused to see her this excited - my ears not so much.

She started going about how its going to be and we started talking - rather loudly I suppose, 'cause the next thing -

"Maintain silence in the library." Ms. Gitler scolded grumply, from her place in her seat near the entrance.

We both tried to control our volume, but still smiled.

Well, Mrs.Gitler, as weird as her last name, is our lovely librarian- note the sarcasm. She just doesn't like anything but books. She always has a stern expression and just hates noise. I swear I have never seen her smiling, even though I eat my lunch here. We are nowhere near friendly, she only means business. Nothing informal and I think I have now gotten used to it.

Rox suddenly straightens her back with her hands at her sides. She gives a mock salute with a smirk on her face and eyes filled with amusement, "Yes Sir, Mr. Hitler," she says softly enough for me to hear.

And that we both started laughing like mad women.

"Girls!! Silence!!" The devil yelled.

<><><><><><><><><>

I am dedicating this chapter to one of my favourite people on the face of universe ZIANA. ( @sunshineswirls ) Without your encouragement and help I wouldn't have been able to start this story. Love you alot.....<3

<><><><><><><><><>

Hey !! peeps!!

So how was it??

Good or bad?

Amazing or crappy?

What do you think about Ava?

Plz do tell me. You opinions matter so much!!

- Ariana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 3 30
"So. Wild chases through the streets... near drownings... boat rides with strangers... DRAGONS of all the fool things... and intoxicated, bare-footed...
265 68 17
This is book one of a series.... Emma Smith... 16 years old and given an opportunity to start fresh at a new high school. She decides that she's goin...
187 29 37
Aora is curious about her new neighbors, who are a strange mix of styles and personalities, and they invite her to a housewarming party. Aora discove...
6.6K 72 38
I was told once by my parents that a beautiful and powerful woman lived and saved the world, and mama told me one day, I'll be just as powerful as on...