My Cheerleader Has A Gun (gxg)

By maryrobins

Olivia Cox is your typical highschool student. She's wealthy, spoiled and of course the captain of school's c... More

Chapter 1 "Queen Bee"
Chapter 2 "Samantha Flynn"
Chapter 3 "Masked Girls"
Chapter 4 "Banged Up"
Chapter 5 "A Sudden Invitation"
Chapter 6 "Movie Night"
Chapter 7 "Suspicion"
Chapter 8 "Questions and Intruders"
Chapter 10 "Her Soft Lips"
Chapter 11 "Back To School"
Chapter 12 "Trail"
Chapter 13 "A Little Space And A Kiss"
Chapter 14 "Complicated"
Chapter 15 "On A Mission"
Chapter 16 "Not Too Discreet"
Chapter 17 "The Bitch's Confession"
Chapter 18 "Little Plan"
Chapter 19 "A Little Bump Ahead"
Chapter 20 "Saving Sara"
Chapter 21 "In For A Surprise"
Chapter 22 "Guns Blazing"
Chapter 23 "Taken"
Chapter 24 "Confined"
Chapter 25 "In A Weak State"
Chapter 26 "Killed"
Chapter 27 "Let The Game Begin"
Chapter 28 "Trick or Threat"
Chapter 29 "Smooth Plan"
Chapter 30 "The Bitch's 'I Love You'"
Chapter 31 "Out On A Date"
Chapter 32 "Gun Game"
Chapter 33 "Blood Spilt"
Chapter 34 "In Distress"
Chapter 35 "Consequence"
Chapter 36 "Guilt"
Chapter 37 "Left Behind"
Chapter 38 "Deadlock"
Chapter 39 "Going In"
Chapter 40 "Fight To The End"
Chapter 41 "Survive"
Chapter 42 "The End Has Come"
Need Suggestions!! Another Story!
Redress (New Story)
Redress has been published!

Chapter 9 "Just Another Ordinary Day"

16.9K 491 84
By maryrobins

Scarlett

The familiar comfort of the place made me calm as we made our way to the living room. It has been months since I had been here and frankly I kind of missed this. I collapsed to the sofa while looking at Olivia who was curiously scanning around the room. A minute after, V returned from the bathroom bringing a first aid kit and towels. 

"Gosh, what happened to you? You are pretty beat up," V asked while started cleaning my wounds. Olivia flopped down to the sofa across me and looked at us.

"Got caught up in the moment. What about you?" I hissed when she pressed the swab a little harder on the cut.

"Sorry, what about me?"

"How is your assi-"

"Is there something I could eat? I'm famished!" My head snapped to Olivia's direction so as V who eyed her with a raised eyebrow when she butted in. Olivia looked at V expectantly as if waiting for her to answer. V didn't speak up, probably scrutinizing the girl sitting across. One of the things V hated the most was when people interrupt a conversation she was in. I put a hand on her arm, calming her down. 

"Food's in the kitchen, afterall, where would you usually find something to eat if not in there," V answered sarcastically earning her a glare from Olivia. She grudgingly stood up and stomped towards the kitchen but not after giving us one last huff. Remind me to teach Olivia how to minimize her bitchy attitude. 

"I know, she's a handful," I spoke when V gave me a questioning look.

"Thank God, they didn't assign me to her or else I would flip out." I chuckled while she continued cleaning my wound.

After a couple of minutes, V has already finished with my wounds so as Olivia who returned from the kitchen. As soon as they saw each other, tension has started to fill in the room. Too tired to deal with it, I stepped in between them. I turned towards V and she slightly shook my head, rolling her eyes. I heard Olivia snickered behind me.

"I had a long night, so if you don't mind, I would like to rest my eyes for a moment." V's face instantly lighted up.

"Yeah sure! My bed's still available, just like old times."

"What?!" Olivia snapped behind me. "You two slept together?"

Rolling my eyes, I stepped aside and faced her, "Yeah we did, so?"

"You can sleep on the spare bedroom, it'll be comfy," V chimed in.

"No! That won't do. What if someone would sneak in and kill me?"

I smiled, "Trust me, this is the safest place you could find. But you're right, I must be vigilant at all times, we'll never know."

"What? You can't be serious! She can always holler if someone would attack her," V interjected, looking pissed.

"How can I holler when I'm already dead, you dumb!" 

"Okay, enough!" I half-yelled, "V, Olivia and I will use the spare bedroom for the time being, it would be safer when I'm near her."

She huffed indignantly, "Fine, suit yourselves," with one last glare at Olivia's direction, she stomped outside.

We headed upstairs and made our way to our bedroom. I went straight to bed, slowly easing myself at the soft mattress. I didn't bother changing my clothes or taking a shower as I felt too exhausted to move. Olivia, on the other hand, went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. The steady hum of the streaming shower made me more drowsy. Soon after, I found myself falling asleep. 

I didn't know how long I was sleeping but it didn't take long for me to snap awake when I felt the side of the bed shifted. Olivia's surprised expression was blocking my view and before I could utter a word, she pulled away to her side of the bed.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing,"

"It's not nothing,"

She turned towards me with a stoic expression. "Fine! I was just checking those cuts on your face, happy?"

"Whatever!" I turned to my side and pulled the duvet over my shoulders. When I was about to fall asleep again, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I groaned in frustration and rolled over, facing her. Her hand was moving up and down on the center of the bed as if drawing an invisible vertical line between us.

"What?" I asked impatiently. If I had known she would be this annoying in bed, I should have slept with Violet.

"This...this is our invisible thin line that would divide us. Which means that that's your side of the bed and this is mine so don't you dare cross the line or else I'll push you off the bed."

I shook my head, "You're crazy,"

"I know!" she growled before turning her back on me. 

What just happened?

I pulled the duvet over my head and mentally cursed the person who kept calling and shaking me awake. They should know better than to disturb someone who wanted nothing but sleep.

"Scar babe for the love of God, get your ass out of the bed. It's dinner time!" I sighed groggily when I made out Violet's voice. I lazily hefted myself to a sitting position and looked at my right side of the bed.

"Where's Olivia?"

"Downstairs. Eating,"

"How?"

She frowned, "What do you mean how?"

"How the hell she's still alive, considering that you looked like you wanted to murder her earlier,"

She chuckled and stood up, "Let's just say, I like bantering with her. Now come on sleepyhead, time to eat." I held her outstretched hand and got off the bed. Thankfully I slept for few hours because now I wasn't feeling too tired to move.

When we reached downstairs, I immediately spotted Olivia sitting in front of the table already eating. Pulling the chair, I sat beside her while V went to get something in the kitchen. Olivia smiled when she looked up at me then went back to eating.

"Here Scar babe, I made your favorite orange chicken," V excitedly hollered, walking from the kitchen and put a plate of orange chicken in front of me. I gasped and immediately sniffed the delicious smell of my favorite food.

"Thanks babe, I so missed this." I replied and excitedly took a bite on my chicken. I heard Olivia cleared her throat beside me. Looking at her, I noticed she was eyeing the chicken on my hand while biting her lower lip. 

Damn, that's sexy! 

"Uh why are you looking at my chicken?"

"I so fucking love chicken!" she giggled before grabbing one on my plate.

"Hey! That's my- ugh whatever!"

"Hmmm this is so yummy. I've never tasted like this before,"

"Uh thanks?" Violet reluctantly spoke. I looked at her and smiled. It was rare for Olivia to give some compliments least of all to Violet. After a moment, V smiled in return and dug her food. I guess there was still hope for the both of them to get along one day.

Dinner ended peacefully, luckily Violet was in a good mood probably because of the compliment she earned from Olivia. Ofcourse I always complimented her cooking but it was different coming from Olivia since she was the second person, aside from me, who gave her compliment. 

After tidying the table, I helped Violet with the dishes just like old times. And as for Olivia, she was just sitting in the living room, reading something.

"So any new mission?" I asked wanting to break the silence.

"Nah, I've been holed up in here for almost two months now. I'm glad you called me because honestly I'm bored living alone in here."

I chuckled, "That's so like you,"

"But seriously...I missed having you here, I missed you," I stopped washing the plate after I heard what she said. I felt her gaze on me but I didn't look back at her. We remained silent and only the pouring water was all we could hear. I didn't know what to say to her, it caught me off guard.

She put down the plate and the cloth she was holding and stepped closer to me. Turning off the water, she slowly pulled the plate out of my hand and put it on the sink. Before I could protest, her hands cupped my cheeks, turning my head to her and then her soft lips crashed against mine. I closed my eyes as I was feeling the familiar taste of her mouth against mine. Her hand flew to the back of my head and the other was to the middle of my back as her tongue entered my mouth. Her body pushed mine towards the kitchen island but before she could lift me up, my hands acted out and pushed her from me when Olivia's face flashed through my mind.

"Olivia," I breathed when I remembered her in the living room.

"What?"

"We can't do this V," I freed myself from V grasps and walked out to the living room. I started panicking when I didn't find her in the room. Where did she go?

"Olivia!" I called scanning the area. I jogged upstairs towards our bedroom. Pushing the door open, I found her already tucked on her side of the bed. I sighed in relief and approached her. "Olivia?" She was already asleep so I pulled up the duvet to her shoulders before walking to my side of the bed. I slowly lowered myself, not wanting to disturb her. When I was already settled, I turned my back to her back and stared at an empty space, thinking about the kiss with Violet. I felt bad leaving her hanging like that but I didn't want to go back there and explained what had happened. It would be better to talk things through tomorrow.

I woke up at dawn when I felt a weight on my waist and thigh. When I realized it was Olivia, who's arm draped over my waist and her thigh was over mine with her face nuzzled on my shoulder, a smile tugged in my lips. So much for crossing the invisible line. I could always push her body away but I decided not to since it felt good to be wrapped in her warmth and she has this intoxicating scent I couldn't get enough of it, so why would I push her? Grinning like a mad girl, I let myself drifted to sleep. 

It was rare for me to have a good and exciting dream. When I was about to punch the kidnapper in my dream, everything suddenly disappeared when I felt someone jerked up beside me followed by the quick shifts of the bed and then a yelp before I heard a loud thud on the floorboards. I cracked an eye open, curious of what it was and turned to my right side, all I could see was a wrinkled duvet. I jolted up when I heard a moan then an arm suddenly appeared on the edge of the bed.

"Olivia?" Her hair was disheveled as she continued rubbing her head. "What are you doing on the floor?"

"Obviously I fell. It's your fault!"

"And how is it my fault?" I shook my head in disbelief. 

"Forget it," She hauled herself up and sat on the bed. It was still early in the morning and she was already in her bitchy attitude. 

"Oh I think I know..." I started before standing up, "You crossed the invisible line and did the honor of pushing yourself off the bed, am I right?" I smirked while making my way to the bathroom.

"What? And why would I do that? I didn't cross the line, you did!"

"Oh come on, don't play coy with me. So how was it, hugging me hmm? I bet it felt good right?" I teased making her blush but glared at me. How cute!

"I said I didn't cross the line," she mumbled through gritted teeth. 

"Hmmm fine, but I know what I saw," I answered before walking inside the bathroom.

After a relaxing shower, I changed into comfortable clothes before dressing my wounds. My side still hurt like hell but it was bearable as long as I didn't do any stretchings or heavy lifting. I went downstairs after doing my business and found Olivia and Violet into a glaring match. 

Stepping in between the two, I dragged Olivia to the table and let her sit. Thankfully she didn't make a fuss and sipped her coffee instead. Violet just shook her head before going to the kitchen. I didn't know what they were doing but it seemed like I couldn't leave the two alone for a long time.

After the long and awfully silent breakfast, Violet went to buy some stuff in the city, leaving me to deal with Olivia's sour mood. I didn't know what has gotten into her, she has been acting bitchy since this morning. She wouldn't even talk or bat an eyelash to me. Having enough of her silent treatment, I went outside to get some fresh air, leaving her watching the tv. If it wasn't for her I could have gone with Violet.

I laid down on the bench under the tree and watched as the leaves danced with the wind. Sometimes I wished I had a normal life but when I kept thinking about it, I felt like it would be too boring. I guess it would be enough to experience normal once in a while.

Minutes later of lying idly, I heard the crunching on the ground and then Olivia peered on my peripheral vision. I shut my eyes, bringing an arm over my eyes and tilted my head to the side. I wondered what she was here for but all I was certain was that I didn't have anything to say to her. When she sensed that I had no intention of saying anything, I heard her sigh deeply.

"I'm bored," she huffed. I remained silent and unmoved. If she was planning to be cold for the whole day, two could play the same.

"Scarlett, did you even hear what I just said?"

Yes!

"Scarlett for God's sake talk to me!" 

Funny eh! 

"I swear to God Scarlett, if you won't open your eyes, I would get inside my car and leave this fucking place," she snapped. She could try, if she was smart enough, she wouldn't even go near her car. When I didn't hear another snappy remark, I fluttered my eyes open and found no one hovering in my side. That was when I heard a closing door followed by an engine roaring to life. I jerked up which made me hiss in pain as I forgot my injury. I turned to the direction of the car and found Olivia inside, looking at me. 

Gosh, this girl was just impossible!

Biting the insides of my cheeks, I approached her car while her eyes were trained on me. I knocked on her window and she rolled it down a bit.

"What the hell d-," She cut my outburst by rolling the window back up. I snorted in anger while mentally cursing at her. I knocked once again and she rolled the window down but this time, I put my hand so she couldn't roll it up easily.

"What are you doing?" I asked slowly and calmly but inside I was fuming in anger.

"I'm bored and I'm gonna drive around,"

"So you're gonna put your life in danger just because you're bored, is that it? Come on Olivia, boredom won't kill you, stubborness will. So I suggest you get out of the car before I drag you out." She didn't move and continued staring ahead. She was really testing my patience. "Okay fine, when Violet gets back, I'll take you to my favorite place." Her head slightly tilted to my side and she seemed reluctant, but then I heard an unlocking sound inside the car and I stepped back before she opened the door. 

"Fine, but what are we gonna do while waiting?"

I thought for a moment and then it hit me, "Do you play pool?"

Olivia was confused as to where we would play pool. I led her into the small empty room which was next to our bedroom upstairs. Her brows arched in question but I smiled and looked up. She did the same and smirked while I pulled the cord, revealing the small stair.

She giddily climbed up and I went next. After I closed the attic door, I saw her admiring the space. It was just a simple space with a pool table on the center and couches on either side of the table. I switchen on the light and it flickered above the table, lighting up the whole room. 

"Okay, this is definitely amazing. How come you haven't told me about this,"

I shrugged, "Uh because you were bitchy since you woke up," 

"Hmm fair enough. So ready to lose?" she asked cockily. 

"Oh I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you,"

"Let's make a bet, if I win in three rounds, you'll take me for a ride to the city,"

"No, I can't risk it," I shook my head while grabbing the cue.

"That's why you have to win or are you afraid to get beaten by me?"

"Fine but if I win, you try to minimize that bitchy attitude of yours."

"Bring it on!"

It was almost four in the afternoon when Violet arrived home. After letting her know that Olivia and I would take a stroll, we immediately headed out to the place I wanted Olivia to see. Ofcourse Violet being Violet wasn't happy about the idea since it was a place only two of us discovered and knew. I couldn't blame her though because we used to go to the place together and now I was bringing another girl there. Honestly, I wanted to bring Olivia there not just to cure her boredom but because I just felt like taking her to a special place I knew.

"Are we almost there? We've been walking for hours now, my feet are killing me" I rolled my eyes at her whining and turned towards her. 

"We're almost there and just so you know, we've been walking for like fifteen minutes, you tend to exaggerate things. And hells, it's supposed to be a ten-minute walk, you're just dilly-dallying," I complained, raising my voice a bit.

"Pfft! Whatever! Lead the way, ma'am!, she mocked, curtsying at the same time. I sighed and continued my way. After a short uphill battle, finally we reached the top. I smiled looking at the view in front of me as it brought happiness to my heart. I heard a gasp beside me and found Olivia's surprised face while she was taking in the view. I shared the same reaction as hers when Violet and I first found this place. Just looking at the green mountains in front of us took my breath away.

My eyes turned to look at the girl beside me. My heart leapt out of my chest when I focused my attention to her. Her hair was dancing freely with the wind while her face lighted up with a smile and then everything went still around me. She was breathtaking, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I saw her lips moved but I couldn't hear a thing as I was entranced by her that I didn't care about anything else at the moment.

"...this place?"

Beautiful!

"Scarlett?"

Breathtaking!

"SCARLETT!" 

I staggered a little and looked away immediately. Heat crept to my cheeks when I realized I was star-struck by her for a minute there. I hoped that she didn't notice me looking at her. What was happening to me? I wasn't someone who would be easily entranced by some girl.

"W-What were you asking?" I stuttered without looking at her.

"I asked how did you find this place? This is just amazing!"

I composed myself and gazed on the view instead, "Violet and I stumbled here by chance while we were strolling."

"Tell me, who is she to you?" My brow quirked up at her sudden question.

"Who? Violet? She's my friend, we're very close,"

"Really? The way she kissed you, I don't think a close friend would do that."

"Y-You saw us la- whatever..." I shook my head, "...fine, she was my ex, we broke up eight months ago,"

"Oh so this is like your special place. That's just funny! Bringing another girl to your special place instead of her. So why did you two break up?"

"You know what? I don't like to share my personal life to someone I'm not friends with. But why were you asking anyway?"

She shrugged nonchalantly, "No reason," she said before walking away. Sometimes I couldn't figure her out, one moment she was curious like a cat and the next, she was like uninterested at all.

"Hey!" I hollered before catching up with her, "Can I ask you something?"

"Okay?"

"Can I call you Liv? Your name's kind of long for me, I like it if I call you with just a syllable of your name. Same reason why I called Violet, V."

She smiled, "Okay!"

"Great! Now let's go to that tree over there Liv," She chuckled when I emphasized her name. When we reached under the tree, I quickly crouched and laid down on my back. Liv did the same and laid down closer to me than I expected. Our arms brushed with each other which caused a tingling sensation to my arm.

"I'm glad you brought me here, this place is amazing. I love it here!"

"You're welcome," I was relieved that she liked the place knowing that she grew up in the city, I thought she wouldn't appreciate places like this but I guess she proved me wrong. As much as I surprised her with this place, she also surprised me how she admired something simple like this. Seeing this side of her made me happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 1.1K 37
Addison is a lesbian and has a massive crush on a cheerleader at her school. A cheerleader who is supposed to be 'straight'. But as the school year p...
560K 13.9K 51
The moment where you are at your happiest you could possibly be and it is about to get even better. But then some mistake you made in the past comes...
86.6K 2K 10
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
13K 397 34
When she started high school, Olivia had only one goal when she transferred to Clover High: she wanted to be popular and stand out academically and i...