Brooklyn's Break In #1 | ✔

By starsatmidnight_

Highest #294 in ChickLit before rated MATURE 🔞 S E X U A L C O N T E N T 🔞 Read at your own risk Br... More

ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳ💦
ᶠᶤᵛᵉ💦
ˢᶤˣ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᵗᵉᶰ💦
ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᶤᶠᵗᵉᵉᶰ💦
ˢᶤˣᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ💦
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ💦
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʸ
epilogue
trivia
New Story Idea: checklist

ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ

1.3K 53 8
By starsatmidnight_

Riiiing. Riiiing.

Brooklyn's cellphone was insistent on its shrill ringing. It was on the coffee table in front of the television, and she had giant bowl of popcorn sitting on her stomach, which was one of the prime reason why she was too lazy to move.

She let it go to voicemail, hoping that it was not an emergency and they would just leave what they needed after the beep. But the didn't happen as it started ringing again immediately after the call ended.

Thinking hard, she recalled that her mom wanted to go out to get some fresh air, and Jessica was good enough to accompany her when he own daughter was too lazy to move her ass. What if they were in an accident and the hospital was calling. Or maybe it was Asher.

Maybe he wanted something from her. She couldn't say no to that man, he was her boss after all. Not to mention they also exchanged 'I love you's.'

The ringing stopped and Brooklyn waited with bated breath in hopes that it would stop making that awful sound, but all it did was ring again. She groaned and lazily push the bowl aside, heaved before she got up from her slumped position on the couch, and snatched her phone off the table.

She groaned into the phone upon pressing the green button without checking the ID. "I hope there's a good reason why you're calling, because I'm doing something important here."

Yes, in her mind, binge watching TV shows are paramount to her, it was because she never had the privilege growing up and now that she does, she had to make the most out of it.

"Jessica," he called her by her pseudonym, "don't you sound happy to hear from me."

She knew that voice, it sounded familiar, like she had heard it before but haven't from that person in a long time. Finally, she found a face in her memory for that voice, "Jack?"

"You got it, sweetcheeks."

She cringed at the nickname. "How have you been? It's been a while since I heard from you."

"I'm good, thanks. But the same goes for you. Everyday I hope that I will get a call from the beautiful lady," he said smoothly, "but as each day passed I start to lose hope. So I thought it's about time it take things into my own hands."

"Sounds a handful. I'm sorry for not calling, there's a lot going on lately and I've been busy sorting things out," she said, being very vague.

The last thing she needed was another guy in the picture right now, being with Asher was scandalous enough for a lifetime. If she was seen with another male, the died down news of her and Asher would rise up again, this time without the niceness and manners.

"That's disappointing to hear," he said with fake melancholy, "would there be anything I can do to cheer you up? I, personally, can think of a few," he asked suggestively, finally showing the side of his womanizing ways.

Brooklyn's lips twisted at his suggestion. Before Asher, she would be delighted to participate in opening her legs for men to use, because she gained out of it too. But after him, her views changed. She had a man that owned her heart and it would be a sin to disregard it.

Jack was a handsome guy, he can get any woman he wants, but this one was officially off limits.

"No that I know of, no," she answered. "But thanks for the offer though, appreciate it."

"Really?" she sensed sadness, but she knew it was all just a ploy to get her to surrender to him, "nothing at all? Because I can provide and you can just watch."

"Nope, I'm good," she answered, evading the subject again. "There are enough people that are helping me cope with things. They're doing a really good job already, I don't want to trouble you."

"I don't mind. Why don't you swing by my place," he suggested, sounding all innocent-like but the undertone of the sentence was 'why don't you come by my place and we can have sex. It will be so good.' "Maybe we can catch up for real, get to know each other."

-'s anatomy. That was what he didn't say, but Brooklyn heard it loud and clear.

It wasn't the first time she had a run in with fuckboys. Heck, Asher was one of them, but he's changed now. Anyway, she knew how they work, thoughts, strategy, game. It wasn't that hard to guess. But overall, the moral of every ending was that they only want some pussy and would walk through a desert with no water to get it.

Jack, as friendly as he was on their first meeting, was undoubtedly one. Even though he was nice and charming, it was still difficult to erase the trace of who you are in the midst of meeting someone new.

"No, thank you, really," she said politely, "I'm sorry, I have to go, but I'll be sure to hit you up if I have something I want to do. You're on...my number 5 speed dial."

Jack was ecstatic and even more arrogant at that fact, "I'll be happy to help. With anything at all," he smirked. "We'll be in touch, honeyboo," he said before ending the call.

Brooklyn dropped from relief when he finally ended the call. He was so insistent at his hints and it was getting out of hand. Maybe she should change her phone number, Asher would help her if she told him the reason.

She set her phone down again, this time switching it to silent mode to prevent being disturbed again, unpaused her show, and resumed watching.

It was a few hours later when a maid came and informed her of the arrival of a man that was looking for her. Brooklyn thought hard to remember if she had scheduled a meeting, but couldn't think of anyone.

There was only one male that she was associated with as of now, and that was Asher. It's his home, there's was no way he needed to request to come in. That was just ridiculous.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute," she told her, huffing to put away her empty bowl. Dusting her shirt once she stood up, she styled her hair to make sure it wasn't a mess, and went to the front door where the person was waiting.

There was a small sitting area for impromptu visits such as this one, so that the visitors were comfortable while waiting. That said, it wasn't a surprise when she saw a man sitting down lazily, hand draped around the back of the chair, with a carefree aura surrounding him. What surprised her was the person that she saw that moment he turned his head to her.

She stopped in her tracks, stunned beyond belief. What the hell was he doing here, how did he know where she was and the most important question of all was, who told him.

Because if there was one thing that she would know if it slipped, it was if she accidentally spilled the location of where she was. Which she was a hundred percent certain that she didn't.

"Jack?"

"Hello, muffinpie," he grinned showing his pearly whites. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he stood there casually, "so, are you busy?"

Brooklyn had to quench the need to grimace at another stupid pet name. What is with this guy and those ridiculous names.

She hesitated, not sure if telling him the truth would be wise. He seemed like a nice guy with bad intentions. Very, very bad ones. "Yeah," she lied, pursing her lips, "I have a bunch of papers I need to run through. Tell me something though, Jack, what are you doing here."

"Are you not happy to see me? Come on, babyface, we haven't seen each other since that day in the flea market. That was over a month ago."

"I told you I was busy, you called barely half an hour ago" she said briskly, feeling her temper slowly rising. "If you don't mind, please, come again another time. I won't go anywhere."

Someone needed to help this guy deal with rejection. ASAP.

"How bout I accompany you?" he asked, still not giving up despite Brooklyn's dismissive attitude, "I'll just sit and watch while you do your work."

Her lips formed an even tighter line. "Look, Jack, I know you're just being nice and all, but if I'm not being open enough, let me just say it straight up. I don't want you here. Leave. Now."

He tensed up as if not expecting that blow, he thought she would give in to that. Keeping his head held high, he closed his eyes, reopened them, and said in a low, almost dangerous voice, "I'll leave. But this won't be the last you'll see of me. I'll see you soon. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...Brooklyn."

____________________

1. I need examples of cringy nicknames that Jack can call Brooklyn. I'm out of ideas.

2. Jack is a douche, isn't he? What are your new views of things?

3. JUST BE AWESOME. Ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2.5K 23
𝑻𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. ______ Lou attracts danger everywhere she goes. It's how she me...
49.7K 1.4K 17
Lucas Walker has a troubled life, with bullies at school, a gold-digging step-mother, an abusive father, and siblings who are out to get him. His onl...
1.7M 55.6K 27
{Book One Of The Millionaire Series} Running away from her psychotic boyfriend to a different country was the best thing Gabi could do, except when s...
2M 57.7K 35
Second book in Billionaire Series #TheMuteMrs.Billionaire Emma Campbell the only heir of Campbell &Co. An accident in her childhood made her mute. Be...