Alex and Xander (#1) {Complet...

By Sarah24SM

Sometimes, one's happiness can be cause of your tears. Sometimes, those who seem happy now may not be happy a... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 02

12.9K 558 43
By Sarah24SM

When my dad yells at us for the second time my sister and me, we both hurry up downstairs to meet them. We are heading to some business party which I'm not a fan of much.

But this party is a big deal for both my dad and brother as they have been ranting about it to all of us from the moment they were invited.

Seems this party is very important to make some new business ventures as some new businessperson has recently come to our town.

It has created havoc with all of the business around to have them as their partner so my dad wants the deal to finalize tonight, as he believes that he will get it before any of the other men in the town.

All we can do as a family is support him, be polite enough to attend the party which I'm not looking forward to but no matter what I say they won't let me skip this one.

"Who are these people again?" my mom asks as we get in the car.

"They are the Carmen's; they hold the top business spot and are tycoons. The owner Mr. Nicolas Carmen wants to invest in some of the companies in the area. We are very close to finalizing the deal but he still has not made his decision yet. So, this party is very important and I hope we get this deal" dad replies smiling at my mom.

We reach the place and as we park the car, David greets us at the door while taking Casey with him to take some photographs by the reporters so does mom and dad. William too takes Kia with him.

While I stand near the door of the car and stare at them, I'm not so good in front of the crowd. I get really nervous and start stammering that's why dad and William never take me as their date to any party.

Finally, debating and getting some courage I start making my way that's when I hear someone shouting for me to stop.

"Hey wait up! You are going to the party?" the girl asks me so I nod then turn back to go in.

"You don't remember me do you?" she asks once again stopping me.

As I face her and try to remember, I cannot.

"Well I'm the one who saved you at the campus bathroom remember now?" she states.

That is when I remember the girl she is the one that helped me clean up in the bathroom.

"Oh, ya hey sorry I didn't see your face properly, I'm Alexa" I introduce myself and held my hand but she surprises me by giving me a hug.

"I'm Amy. Therefore, glad to see you are doing well. Well you came alone? Good let's go inside together its weird getting in alone. I'm so glad I met you here. I hate these parties; they are full of people talking just about, how to increase their money now you may think why I am here then? Let me tell you there are really hot guys over here and I love men in suit" she keeps talking non stop and takes me in but we get stopped by the camera and reporters.

"Hey Amy, how are you feeling about the party and who is with you?" someone asks "Party will be boring as always and she is my date Alexa isn't she hot?" she replies and I blush hearing that. They take some of our pictures and we get in finally.

"You sure know how to work it out" I comment amazed with how she handled it.

I can never in my entire life be as confident as her, nope no way. All I can do is sweat and stare at them if they ever ask me anything but I must say she is really good with the reporters.

"Of course, I have to do this all the time for family business but you seem awkward never done it?" I shake my head.

"Seriously girl and I thought all girls are sucker for the whole attention" she says and I laugh.

She is hilarious, I already like her.

"Don't worry I will teach you all the sass you need" she adds pushing me playfully

"Um not to be rude but you don't look all..." I trail off not knowing how to put it.

"Black, girl my dad is Italian and mom African how do you think I got this aura huh?" she winks at me grinning.

I can't help but smile at her. I can already feel we will we will bond quiet well.

"Amanda where the hell were you, the party started nearly an hour" someone pulls her ear making me cringe and her flinch.

"Ow! Ow! Mama, stop it. People are watching" she says rubbing her ear.

"And I went to pick up my friend. Meet Alexa I saved her today in bathroom right?" she looks at me and begs to save her so I look at her mother and nod.

"Hi I am Alexa, we met at campus today it's nice to meet you mam" I introduce myself to Amy's mother.

"Oh look at her, don't you have some manners. Girl, teach this idiot daughter of mine too have some and you can call me mama or Liz if you want sweetie. Now come on let's enjoy the party"

Wow is it just me or is Amy's mom is so confident and warm. As her mom makes her way in we both follow her silently.

As I enter the room I search for my parents and finally see them chatting with some people probably having some boring business deals.

"Let's go eat something, I'm hungry" Amy whispers to me, so we go to the table and pick some cakes, donuts, salad, roast and start eating.

We talk and get to know about each other, she is twenty-one and just transferred to our campus because her parents decided to come here. She talked and talked damn! She can talk. I kept nodding and doing hmm, uh huh where necessary as she started telling how much she misses her bf and wild sex that's when I choke on my food.

I start coughing. I feel a bit better as someone rubs my back and set a glass of water in front. I gulp it slowly before turning to thank the person and froze.

The guy in front of me is huge. I have never seen such a tall, dark and handsome man in my life and not only that but the power to dominate other is oozing from him.

But the thing that captures me the most is he has got the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.

He does have a good body seeing how that suit fitted him perfectly and those lips I want to... what the hell am I thinking? Stop it.

Didn't you already have had enough trouble and why would he even be interested in me I argue in my head.

The man in front of me clears his throat and I get startle. I watch him with wide eyes as I realize he probably saw me gawking at him. I look down immediately, god it's embarrassing.

"Isn't he hot?" Amy speaks and then adds "Alexa meet my brother Benjamin Alexander Carmen and bro she is Alexa. I met her today in bathroom in campus where I saved her"

God wasn't it embarrassing enough he caught me staring at him that she has to go and announce how we met?

I smile at him nervously.

"Thank you for the water and it was nice meeting you" I reply softly.

"She tends to get in accidents you could have died there you know it seems you are indebted to us Carmen's and know this girl we take it seriously" Amy speaks.

"It's nice to meet you too Alexa" Benjamin smiles.

As soon as I hear his voice I cough once again, what is wrong with me tonight? There was some kind of adverse effect on me as he said my name.

Not knowing what to say in this situation as they keep looking at me in concern I blurt out the first thing that comes in my mouth.

"Roberts" I say.

He raises his brow at me in question and I blush as I feel so stupid.

"Alexa Roberts" I pass slowly.

As I explain it he bows the upper half of his body and kisses my palm and a shiver runs down my body making me gasp.

He grins at my reaction before tugging my hand, I stand up as he wraps his arms on my and Amy's shoulder and it's like I have been in his arms for ever.

"Now that the introductions are done and you both filled your appetite let's go join the others" he inform us and start walking.

"Not fair Xander we don't want to go please" Amy whines.

"You have to do it sooner or later brat so stop whining" with that we move to a table where Xander pulls the chair out for the both of us and sits down after Amy and I settle down.

I look around and see that my parents are at the table as well so I smile at them.

"This is Amanda my sister and you know your daughter, Papa she is Alexa Mr. Roberts daughter" Benjamin states as soon as we settle down.

I greet his father and he smiles at me. Then once again, all of the men at the table start talking about business while Amy stifles a yawn.

Suddenly, I get tensed. I turn around slowly to see a hand on my arm but relax one when it's Xander's. He stares at me like he is trying to figure something out but gets distracted when my dad asks him about the deal.

So, he looks to his dad and then nod like they are having some conversation mentally.

After a while the paper are signed and they are the new investor for our company. To celebrate the new partnership they open a bottle of wine.

Xander offers me a glass but I refuse and before he argues Amy takes it from him to gulp it down in a go.

"Amanda" her mum warns her so she drinks it a bit slowly.

I giggle seeing that then close my mouth with my hand and say sorry as all of them look my way.

As the wine in Amy's glass is finished she gets up and announces.

"Okay folks now that it's a done deal we youngsters are going to go have our fun time" with that she holds my hand and drags me with her. We end up on the dance floor.

She turns some rock music and start swaying her hips. I try to hide in the corner as people around stares at us this is not my night.

Amy catches my wrist to hold me back and I don't have choice but to dance along.

"Don't be shy, let it free don't care what they think and enjoy!" her suggestion makes me laugh so I start copying her moves.

We dance and dance while laughing at each other's weird dance moves. I have never had so much fun before.

Suddenly she twirls me around making me lost my balance due to which we both start falling when suddenly I am in a strong arms.

I open my eyes to see my savior only to find the blue eyes of Xander.

"Guess you are a bit of a klutz huh?" he teases making me a bit red.

God why do I have to always put myself in such position?

"Xander a bit of help" Amy speaks.

Therefore, I turn to see her being an inch above the floor; if Xander had not caught her by one hand she would be planted face first on the dance floor

"Sure" with that he let her go down.

She gets up and hit Xander in the arm "You are going to pay for that" she threatens.

I giggle seeing them fighting like that and once again stop as Xander's pulls me tight to his side and speak.

"I would like to hear you laugh freely"

I blush more. I don't realize I'm still in his arms till David interrupts us.

"Having fun?" I freeze in Xander's arms.

David looks at me then at Xander. Suddenly I being pulled out of Xander's arms making me leave the warmth.

"It's getting late we should get going and you have got classes tomorrow" David growls.

With that he drags me where my parents are waiting for me. It looks like all I have been doing at the party was getting dragged from one place to another.

While we say our goodbye to the Carmen's and wait for our car, Xander sneaks beside me.

"It was really a pleasure meeting you. If you don't mind can we meet again?" he asks.

I clear my throat trying to speak but get interrupted by Kia

"Here's her number call her anytime you want"

She winks at me before leaving both of us standing awkwardly.

"Um uh I uh I would like it" I stammer a bit trying to make it less weird.

He chuckles before once again kissing my palm saying goodbye. I watch him walk inside then hold my breath as he turns back at the door giving me a little wave.

I wave at him just as he vanishes inside the door. My little bubble of happiness is gone when I hear the horn from our car.

I turn around to find my family grinning at me so I get in hoping I did not embarrass too myself much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.8K 12
โPromise me you won't tell him it's you.โž It's not merely a promise she was asking. Instead she's forcing her to tear her heart. โYou know I love hi...
8.4K 313 20
I can't possibly love her she's a girl! In this story two girls worlds collide Alice a high ranking bad girl of highlanders high meets Alexa the new...
227K 14.9K 39
"Who says your life ends only when your heart stops? It ends even when there's a celebration around you." A marriage. To a man who had saved my pare...
240K 2K 6
Eunice I've always had this idea of what a marriage should be like, how it should feel. Bliss, happiness, love, lust. And I've experienced it all...u...