The Boss And His Lover

By Wonder_Women123

He's the guy that's trying to find some answer. His mother's the one wanting a grandchild out of him. Thanks... More

The boss and his Lover
Bonding
Characters
The 'date'
Birthday
First day of work
Tricked
Author's note
the psycho's return
Reunion
Authors note
The bar
Friend Zoned
Halloween special
Doomed
Best day ever
author's note
Christmas Special
Sequel
Author's Note

A Promise

5.4K 144 2
By Wonder_Women123

Nathaniel's (POV)

I had such a good night of sleep.

As I woke up this morning, I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

"I'm happy that I can call her my girlfriend from now on."

As I finish taking my morning shower, I hear a knock on the front door.

While I head to answer the door, completely forgeting that I only had a towel wrapped around my waist.

"Good morni-- Oh gosh!" Saige says as she covers her eyes.

"What is-- Oh!" I say when I look down and just realized that I should have put some pants on or something before answering the door.

"Sorry, I just got out the shower. Um, why don't you come in, while I put some clothes on." I say and she nods, while looking at the ground. Why does everything she do look so delectable.

As I get dressed, I can't stop thinking about all that's happened so far. I never thought that I'd ever fall in l--love and now I can finally express it. I never expected that I'd ever use that word, but she actually changed me completely.

"I never thought I'd actually call Bethany in." I say to myself.

As I head back downstairs, Saige is sitting on the couch fittiling with the hem of her skirt. Geesh, why does she have to look so beautiful.

As I clear my throat she turns around and stands up.

"Good morning Mr. Winston." She says and I frown.

"What's wrong?" She asks and I wrap an arm around her waist while giving her a peck on her cheek.

"I've never heard of anyone who calls there boyfriend by Mr."

"Even if we're dating, it's a work day and this is my first real job, so right now it isn't the time for boyfriend and girlfriend. We should stay professional during work hours." She says and I pout.

"Now, I think we should get going, you shouldn't be late." She says trying to get out of my grasp, which she should have guest by now that it isn't so easy.

"Not until I get a proper kiss on the lips." I say showing my smooth side.

"I'll kiss you later, but not during work hours Mr. Winston." She says and I pout again.

"I guess we'll just stay like this all day then." I say and fake a sigh while slowly walking back to my bedroom.

"Fine!" She says giving up and then giving me small peck.

"What was that? I asked for a kiss not a peck." I say and then dip her.

"Mr.--" As she tries to say something, I shut her up by placing my lips on to hers.

At the office

As we enter the elevator, I am still receiving the silent treatment from Saige.

"I know you want me to apologize, but then you're going to say I don't mean it so I'll just be honest. I have no regrets of kissing you like that at all and I know you're trying not to enjoy it to be professional but," this time I turn her around so she is facing me.

"I don't really care about being professional. Yeah I would like the work to be done smoothly and to be professional, but only during meetings and stuff, but other than that, I want to show off my girlfriend to everyone and I want you to stop calling me Mr. Winston or anything formal when we're alone. I officially have a real girlfriend for the first time and I want to be able to get embarrassed by those cheesy names couples come up with and enjoy each other's company at the end of the day." As I finish my speech, I am surprised that I received a small peck on the cheek.

"Thank you for being honest with me Nate." She says and then looks anywhere else but at my face.

During work

As Saige is about to leave the room after handing me the folders I tell her to wait a second.

"What is it?" She asks

"Can you call Bethany. Tell her to come by as soon as she can and that it's the first stage."

"Alright, I'll get right on that." She says and heads out.

Few minutes later

"I can't believe it!!! FINALLY!! Now, let me guess, did your mom start screaming out that she finally gets to have a grandchild?" Asks Bethany.

"What else do you expect from her. Now, did you bring them?" I ask.

"No I just left them during the most biggest point of your moms life. Of course I brought them you numbskull. What kind of a question is that?" She says as she takes them out of her bag.

Tonight is going to be a really special night.

Lunch

As I finish looking at the plans for the upcoming project, someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." I say without looking up.

"Hi, I just came in to tell you that I'm going out to lunch with my friend."

"Oh does she work here?"

"Yeah, its actually kind of a reunion. We were friends back in high school and we just coincidently bumped into each other. She wanted to catch up so, she invited me to lunch with her boyfriend and his friend."

"Oh so there will be guys too?" I say acting like my calm self, but on the inside I'm murdering those guys over and over again.

"We are dating right now or did you forget already?" She says giving me a small peck on the cheek.

"How can I forget that, but I'd feel more comfortable with my arms around you the whole time as repellent against all those dogs out there." I say while pulling her on to my lap.

"As much as that'd be great, I still haven't told her you're my boyfriend yet and I don't think any of them would be comfortable with their boss joining in." She says sarcastically at first but then serious again while I pout.

"I'll stay put, but I better not learn that someone dared to touch you or so help me, it won't be surprise if they suddenly go missing all if a sudden." I say smirking triumphantly.

"And if they do, you'll be single again. And if you even think to send some bodyguards, I'll tell your mom about the breakup too." She says with a stern look as she folds her arms and I pout yet again.

"Now, I'll see you later." She says as she gives me a peck on the lips and before she can leave, I grab her wrist.

"I am leaving you alone for lunch, but tonight you're all mine." I say as kiss her more passionately.

At Night

Besides what happened at lunch, everything else was pretty ordinary.

I was doing paperwork and she accompanied me to my meetings. Now it was officially time for the date.

As arrive in front of her house with a bouquet of purple, pink and red carnations, she opens the door and my breath gets taken away quickly, but I try not to show it, instead I act like a complete love struck idiot and try to act as smooth as I've ever tried with a girl. Why do I have to be such a goofball when it comes her.

The night went by well. She was the first girl I met that wasn't on some stupid diet to try and show off there body. I honestly could care less.

After dinner

We were on a stroll after dinner and enjoying each others company. As we reached a bench at the park, I decided that it was time.

"Listen Saige." I say nervously.

"What is it?" She asks confused.

"I want to give you something." I say and as I take it out of my coat pocket, I receive a puzzled Saige.

As soon as she sees the ring box I can automatically guess what she's thinking and know that she's trying to come up with a way to get out of that situation.

"I promise it's not what you think. I know it's too soon to think about that, but I hope that in the future I won't receive that look and hope it's a yes instead, because I really do love you. But for now, I hope you can except a promise ring instead. It means that you'll stay by my side even if we're not married yet and that you'll wait for me until we're both ready to get married?" I ask and as I do, I can see tears forming in her eyes as she nods and we automatically embrace one another.

I couldn't be happier, but I know my mom will try and force us to get married as soon as possible. Our future is still ours to form and with a lot on the way, I'm just happy to have been able to find the girl that I love and will always love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 11.4K 85
It's been five years since Zoey and Caleb brought their first child into the world. Since then life has been a real roller coaster for the two of the...
298K 5.7K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
39 2 31
Have you ever had a reason to fall in love and hope they would cling on for life? No? Than this story might take you for a leap. Terri loves her best...
2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...