you're my cure ➸ l.h

By lostboycalum

"for someone who's fixed me over and over again, you sure know how to break me." [ in which his only cure is ... More

prologue ≫ boy who blushed.
one ≫ missing.
two ≫ text hearts.
three ≫ skype call.
four ≫ "friends".
five ≫ visiting.
six ≫ michael.
seven ≫ getting bad.
eight ≫ restrictions.
nine ≫ mental hospital.
ten ≫ getting the band back.
eleven ≫ band practice.
thirteen ≫ school sucks.
fourteen ≫ the jump.
fifteen ≫ relapse.
sixteen ≫ floor two.
seventeen ≫ rejects.
eighteen ≫ pills.
nineteen ≫ calum.
twenty ≫ floor one.
twenty-one ≫ ashton.
twenty-two ≫ confusion.
twenty-three ≫ somewhere new.
twenty-four ≫ echoplex.
twenty-five ≫ panic attack.
twenty-six ≫ daydream away.
twenty-seven ≫ false betrayal.
twenty-eight ≫ independence.
twenty-nine ≫ accidentally unfaithful.
thirty ≫ a music video.
thirty-one ≫ coming home?
thirty-two ≫ home.
thirty-three ≫ savor now.
thirty-four ≫ just, gone.
thirty-five ≫ come find me.
thirty-six ≫ feeling home.
thirty-seven ≫ better.
thirty-eight ≫ nicknames.
thirty-nine ≫ seriously, better.
forty ≫ small fame.
forty-one ≫ smooth sailing.
forty-two ≫ @5SOS
author's note.

twelve ≫ leaving.

7.4K 186 88
By lostboycalum

Luke's POV.

As I sat on my bed in my room I came to the realization of how nervous I actually was. My knee wouldn't stop bobbing up and down and my palms were clammy and sweaty. I just really want to get out of here.

"It'll be okay, Luke." My mom said.

She came to my evaluation simply because I needed a parent there. She hasn't seen me in a while, and it's not because she doesn't care about me, but because she thinks she's the reason for what had happened to me. I've tried convincing her that it just wasn't her, but she wouldn't believe me.

A man who looked very much like a doctor walked into the room with a pen and some papers on a clipboard. He was wearing a long white jacket; similar to what most doctors wear. He had an embarrassingly noticeable receding hairline and glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

"Hello, Mr. Hemmings. I'm Dr. Reynolds, and I'll be evaluating you today." The man said.

I nodded and looked down at my sweaty hands. People who are nervous usually think of things that make them happy, and that's what I tried doing. I started thinking of music, my guitar, my band, my bandmates. Then Jasmin came to mind, the way she acted when I was sad, when I was happy, when I wanted to love her and no one else.

"Mr. Hemmings?" The doctor interrupted my thought.

"Huh? What?" I snapped out of my daze.

"I said," the doctor glared at me, "why do you think you should be released from Canyon Ridge?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and formulated my answer in my head. I could feel my mom's eyes on me.

"I've been seeing my friends lately, and I've been doing what I love again. There's this girl," I could practically feel my mom's eyebrows raise, "and she's my everything right now. The music and her are really making me happy. And I know what you're gonna say, that I shouldn't mistake love for happiness. But even when Jasmin, that's her name, isn't here, and even when I'm not near a guitar or any music whatsoever, I can still find some happiness in myself. " I finished.

Mr. Reynolds nodded while raising his eyebrows.

"Well, you sound pretty confident in yourself." He said, pulling out a two-page packet out of his clipboard.

"I'm going to need you to take this exam, and we'll see where we go from there."

He handed me the paper and I smiled at him. I got up and walked over to my one desk in the corner of the room and sat down.

"Unfortunately, no one can be in the room. So, Mrs. Hemmings," he herded my mom out of my room, "good luck, Luke."

I took a deep breath and started on the test that could get me out of this hell hole.

》》》》》

It was the same scene again, my mother and I waiting for the doctor to come back into the room.

"You never told me about your girlfriend." She accused.

"You never gave me the chance." I responded.

"What do you mean?"

I turned to face her.

"I mean, you never came to visit me. How many times do I have to tell you that it's not your fault? I would've loved for you to visit me, but you never even bothered. It's like you used this place as an extended daycare." I retaliated.

Her mouth was hanging open slightly; she was surprised.

"I- I didn't know, Luke. I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. I've gained a lot of independence." I shrugged.

"Well.. That's good. Hopefully we can get you out of here so you don't have to deal with this anymore." She sighed.

As if the doctor could hear us, he walked into my room with a small smile on his face. He had his clipboard again, and an extra paper that I'm assuming were my results.

The test, or exam, wasn't a right or wrong type of exam. It had questions that were along that lines of, "how many times a day do you think you smile?" and "how many hours of sleep do you get?". Simple stuff.

He handed my mom the slip of paper and then looked down to me.

"To put it simply, you've 'passed'. You'll be able to leave by tomorrow, and you can pack up your stuff tonight. I gave your mom a prescription for depression medication, which you'll be required to take until you run out. Congratulations, Luke." He smiled.

I hadn't noticed until he stopped talking, but my cheeks were hurting from smiling so big. I looked up to my mom and she had a smile on her face as well, and everything in that moment made me feel happy.

The doctor walked out of the room and I went to hug my mom. I was overflowing with happiness and I couldn't wait to tell my friends. Jasmin! I have to tell Jasmin.

"Mom, do you think we can leave tonight if I pack fast enough?" I eagerly said, putting all of my clothes back in to my suitcase.

"I can ask, be right back." She said as she left the room.

I hurriedly packed up as fast as my arms would let me. I was so excited to finally leave and go back to school. Yeah, I'm actually excited to go back to school. That's how bad this place is. But more importantly, I get to see Jasmin literally every day of the week.

My mom walked back into the room and started packing with me. "You can leave as long as we're done in half an hour, that's when visitor's hours are over." She said.

I nodded and kept packing. I can't believe I made it.

》》》》》

ME; [ jasmin !! skype date NOW! (: ]

I put my phone down on my desk. I turned around in my chair to face my bedroom. It was good to be home.

My phone buzzed and I already knew who it was.

JASMIN; [ okay! (: ]

I got on to my computer and logged onto Skype to see Jasmin's name signify that she was online. I pressed call and waited, it's going to be such a great way to surprise her. I hadn't told her about me moving back home; she's going to be so happy.

She popped up on my screen and I smiled at her and said nothing. She said hi, but I waited for her to notice that behind me wasn't my hospital room, but my own bedroom.

"Where are you?" She laughed.

"Home." I smiled.

"WHAT?!" She exclaimed.

I laughed and she started laughing too.

"How did you.. When?" She stammered.

"Today. I was released today, isn't that great, babe?" I grinned.

She nodded and looked were I presumed her window was.

"Are you allowed to go out whenever you want?" She asked, randomly.

"Not technically, but my window's not that high up and I've snuck out plenty of times before. Why?"

"Wanna come over?" She smiled.

"What? Your parents are home though, it's like almost 10 at night." I chuckled.

"Yeah, but, my room has a window that leads to the roof. If you can come over and hop the fence, I can show you where my dad's ladder is and we can stay on the roof. Just the two of us." She smiled.

I thought about it for about two seconds before immediately agreeing. She told me her address and I wrote it down on my hand before ending the call with her, and climbing out of my window.

I tried not to make too much noise as I jumped down from my roof, and walked out to my car. I quickly started it up and drove off, afraid of my parents or my brothers catching me leaving.

It took a while to find her house, but I eventually made the right turn and ended up at her house. I parked about three houses away and walked to her house. I made sure not to walk in front of any windows so that her family didn't see me as I walked to the side gate and shoved it open. The window straight above me was probably Jasmin's, so I pulled out my phone and texted her that I was here. Seconds later, the window opened and she smiled down at me.

"Go further into my backyard and you should see it somewhere back there.." She whispered.

I nodded and went to look for it. It was pretty dark, so I pulled out my phone as a make-shift flashlight. It worked, because I found the ladder with ease. I lifted it was a small struggle and carried it over to her window as quietly as I could. I smiled to myself as I climbed up the ladder to the only person that could make me actually sneak out just to sit on a roof.

"Hi.." I said, inches away from her face.

I was still standing on the ladder, which was kind of uncomfortable.

"Hi.." She said, staring into my eyes.

Jasmin backed up and grabbed my hand as support to help me into her room. Once I was standing on my two feet without her support, I looked around her room and smiled at all of the band posters she had. Then, I saw another window across from the window I just entered from.

"Do I have to whisper?" I whispered.

She nodded and silently giggled to herself.

She held my hand again and led me to the window, and as she described before, her roof was right outside of it. She let go of my hand for a quick moment to shove open the window and crawl out of it, me following right behind her.

Surprisingly, her roof was large and sort of flat. She walked over to a little basket that was hidden behind a roof tile. She opened it up and pulled out a blanket.

"Do you come up here often?" I laughed-whispered.

"Yeah, actually. It's quiet," she set down the blanket, "and the stars are calming to look at."

She laid down on the blanket and patted the spot next to her, inviting me to do the same.

I carefully laid down next to her, making sure not to make too much noise on the roof. We laid there for a long time in silence, and it was so comfortable.

"I've never watched the stars with anyone before." I said.

"Me neither." She replied.

I turned to her and propped myself up on one elbow. She did the same and our faces were literally an inch apart.

"How is it that I'm up on a roof at almost the middle of the night with this beautiful girl?" I grinned.

Even though it was night and the sky was slowly getting darker, I could see the apples of her cheeks turn a bright pink at my words. She laid back down and faced the stars.

"I love you." She sighed.

"Why the sigh?" I chuckled.

"Because we're just laying here."

I stayed silent for a moment. Did she want me to make a move? Is that what she meant?

"So kiss me." I stated.

I sat up and so did she. She was smiling and I could tell she was nervous. I put my hand on hers and then used my other hand to hold her jaw up, so that I could place my lips on hers. I could feel her body relax instantly and he took her hand out from under mine to hold my face with both hands. While we kissed, she rubbed circles on my cheeks with her fingers, making me smile.

"God," I pulled away, "I love you so much." I muttered.

"You wanna go inside?" She smiled.

"Like.. Your room?" I tilted my head.

She smiled and nodded.

We both stood up and crawled back into her room, which was a lot cooler than the outside summer night. I checked my phone and it was five minutes to midnight.

"Shit, Jas, I gotta get home." I laughed.

"Why?" She pouted.

"Well.. I mean I have to go home sometime, right?" I chuckled.

She shrugged and a smirk came across her face.

"What do you mean?"

"As long as you leave by morning.." She trailed off.

My eyes widened and I started laughing quietly. This was going to be fun.

She walked over to her dresser and stripped off her shirt, and I immediately turned my head away. I could hear her laugh, and I laughed along.

"You don't have to look away, Luke." She said.

"I.. I don't?" I stuttered.

"No, I love you, remember?"

I peeked at her and she already had a pajama shirt on.

"Don't be so nervous around me, it makes me nervous." She said, taking off her pants.

I didn't look away this time, and actually caught myself staring. She saw me staring and laughed to herself, putting on her pants.

"You're acting like you've never seen a naked girl before." She laughed.

I forced a laugh and shrugged.

"Oh my god, you haven't, have you?" She said.

"Nope. I've never slept next to one of my girlfriends either." I admitted.

She walked over to me and stood right in front of me, looking up to lock her eyes with mine. She played with the hem of my shirt and started to pull upwards, pulling my shirt off all the way. I asked her why she took my shirt off, and she let out a small chuckle.

"Do you sleep with a shirt on?" She asked.

"Well.. No.."

"Well then, you won't change that just because I'm here. Do you sleep with pants on?" She pointed to my pants.

My heart was pounding in my chest, was she actually about to take off my pants?

"Um.. Erm.." I stumbled over my words.

She started undoing my belt and my cheeks started getting hot.

"So you don't?" She laughed again.

She was so hot, the way she took off my clothes with such confidence. And her laugh made my heart flutter. Even though we weren't going to do anything, my heart wouldn't stop racing. She tugged down my pants and I took them off my legs silently as she climbed into her bed. I climbed in right after, hugging her from behind. I put my chin on her shoulder and my hands were placed on her stomach. This is the closest we've ever been, and I loved every second of it.

"Goodnight, Luke." She yawned.

"Goodnight, Jasmin." I said, kissing her neck once.

》》》

i just wanna say sorry to luke girls

suCH A LONG CHAPTER. SORRY AHA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 6.7K 103
imagines about Column, Huke Lemmings, the Cliffoconda, and Irwie
1.1M 13.5K 199
A series of 5sos preferences. Request are open updating at least 3 times a week. Vote, comment, and follow PLEASE. Most will be from tumblr ill let y...
86.7K 1.6K 25
characterized by unscrupulous control of a situation or person.