Brooklyn's Break In #1 | ✔

By starsatmidnight_

Highest #294 in ChickLit before rated MATURE 🔞 S E X U A L C O N T E N T 🔞 Read at your own risk Br... More

ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳ💦
ᶠᶤᵛᵉ💦
ˢᶤˣ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᵗᵉᶰ💦
ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᶤᶠᵗᵉᵉᶰ💦
ˢᶤˣᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ💦
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ💦
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʸ
epilogue
trivia
New Story Idea: checklist

ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ

1.3K 55 14
By starsatmidnight_

"Jess, good news," Brooklyn said when Jessica finally came back, her face all cleaned up and she was calmed down, "he agreed!"

Jessica's dull mood lightened up when she heard, "are you serious? He agreed?"

"Yeah," she laughed, not quite believing it herself. 

She closed her eyes and sighed in relief, "thank God. I was going to find a shelter to stay in otherwise, you know, those old, rundown ones."

"I know what they are. I've been there before myself when I don't want to go home. There's a decent one just at the edge of town," Brooklyn explained, but then she smiled suddenly, "but let's not talk about that, too gloomy. Let's talk about staying in the same place? Huh? We've talked about that so much last time and now it's finally happening."

"Don't get me started!" Jessica cheered, "you sure he's cool, though? He wouldn't mind me crashing his place? I mean, I totally get it if you're just saying that to make me feel better, but he doesn't know me so I'll understand if he's not cool with it."

"Nah, don't worry about it," Brooklyn took her shoulders and shook it lightly, "he accepted without hesitating."

"Really?"

"Yeah, that's just who he is, you know? Always wanting to help others, putting their needs before his. He's a great guy."

One word, two syllabus, bullshit.

Brooklyn had contradicted every single thing he said in one sentence. The day would end before he would blindly let someone into his life, old friend or not, trustworthy or not, if they decide to suddenly be unfaithful, they're a lose end. Jessica may be trusted by Brooklyn because they had spent quality time together before, but Asher won't do something so reckless. Asher will be deep underground before he lets his reputation be ruined by some uni student.

If this came up on a longer notice, he would've ran background check after background check to make sure that Jessica was clean and without a track record, or anything at all that would put his business at risk. But since it's on short notice, pleaded by the one person that he cannot say 'no' to, his choices are really limited.

Jessica nodded in understanding. "You're lucky to have him," she said, meaning every word even though before she could finish that sentence, Brooklyn caught on to what she was saying and shook her head furiously.

"What? No, we're not together" Brooklyn quickly denied. "He's just lending me a hand with something, having my back and all."

"That's nice," Jessica said, not at all believing what her friend was telling her. She just thought she should cut some slack to the person that saved her from living in the streets. 

"Yeah," she sighed and stood up. "Do you want to go? It's probably better if you go early so you can settle down for the night."

"Of course, sure."

Brooklyn pulled her phone from her pocket again, and she went a few steps faster to get some privacy, "Samuel? Yeah, I'm done. You can pick me up now. Thank you."

They exited the café at the same time. "Where's you car," Jessica asked, looking around, bewildered when they were just standing there.

"He'll be here soon."

Her eyes widen a fraction. "You have a driver? No," she gasped.

"Technically Samuel is not my driver. The guy's house we're going to? It's his, he just let him drive me around today because I kinda don't have my license and he didn't have anything to do."

"Ever heard of a cab?"

"Yeah, but he doesn't like it when I do that, says it's not safe, yada yada yada." Brooklyn did the yapping motion with her hands with a roll of her eye.

"And you say you're not together," she scoffed. "Sounds to me like he cares a whole lot about you. Maybe even love."

This time, it was Brooklyn's turn to be incredulous. "Trust me, he doesn't."

"And how would you know. Because I'm sure you didn't go up to him and ask him, 'hey, do you love me?' Please."

"So what if I haven't. There will never be something like love between us. We're in some way business partners, so being in love is something out of the question."

In some sense, they were, although it didn't really come to that. Asher helped her out of a permanent record, and in return she spend her time helping him in the office. It wouldn't really count as a business deal but they were still two individuals joining together to complete an arrangement.

Even though Asher wouldn't admit to it, the whole scenario was to Brooklyn's benefit. If looked from the outside, seeing as she works for him would portray that she was at his mercy, but if looked from a different angle, only she gains from it. Not only did she actually earn money from working, she hardly does anything.

"Who knows, it might happen," she shrugged casually. "Who is this person anyway, some rich guy?"

"Kinda," she answered humbly. Brooklyn doesn't want to talk about Asher's wealth with anyone, in case he doesn't approve of it and spanks her ass because of it.

"So you got yourself a sugar daddy, is that it?" Jessica nodded to herself, as if adding that to memory, "okay, I'll take that. Sounds legit enough."

"Sugar what! No. He's not...that!"

Jessica had the nerve to look surprised. "Really? Because from what I've gathered so far that's probably the word that fits him best," she offered.

Brooklyn rubbed the side of her head to get rid of a coming headache. "Please stop."

"As you wish, my lady," she said formally as the car pulled up and Samuel came out to open the door for them just as Jessica was already reaching out to open the back door. "Brooklyn," she threaded carefully when she pulled her hand back to make way for Samuel, "why is he opening the door for us?"

"Close you mouth, babe, it's his job," she said and got in the car, Jessica hot on her tail and Samuel closing it behind her.

He entered the car again and started the engine. "Where to, Miss?" he asked in his usual professional driver voice, contrast to the way he talked to her just before he dropped Brooklyn off at the café.

"Home."

Brooklyn didn't realized she said that until a few seconds later when the words sank in and she widen her eyes in surprise at how casually she said the word. It was as if it's an instinct.

She had only stayed there for a few days but those were the days that she felt like she was living a home. It was safe, comfortable, loved, everything a home should be; a shelter. Something that her old home failed to achieve.

Samuel didn't give a reply though as he cruised down the road.

"I'm still betting my money that he's your sugar daddy. There's no other explanation to this. Maybe I shouldn't intrude on your time with him, that's just rude and disrespecting."

"Keep your voice down," Brooklyn hissed, afraid that the driver might overhear their conversation. It was going the wrong way very quickly and she didn't want him to make assumptions. "For the last time, he's not my sugar daddy, whatever that means."

"If you insist, but I won't believe you."

The drive back home was shorter than the drive there, before they knew it, Samuel was opening the door for them again. They both exited the car but Samuel held in on to Brooklyn's arm before she can escape with Jessica into house.

Brooklyn sensed that he wanted to talk to her and she had half a mind to not listen to what he wanted to say, because even an idiot would know what the subject was going to be about, and she already had the conversation with Asher.

She sighed and stopped in her tracks. "Jess? Why don't you go on in first, I'll give you a tour later but there's something that needs my dire attention right now."

"Uh, sure?"

"Great. And don't worry about getting lost, there will be maids there to guide you."

Unsure, Jessica entered the house without her friend. Brooklyn could hear talking in the house from the front yard because the door was left ajar, and she made sure that she was escorted alright before she turned to the driver again.

"Does Mr Woods know about this?" he asked straightforwardly.

"Yes, Samuel," she answered with a roll of the eyes, "you'd be surprised how much I actually turn to the guy before I make a decision."

"That's good to know. At least that will safe my head from detaching from my neck when he finds out I brought a stranger into his home."

"Don't worry about Jess," Brooklyn told him. "I know this isn't my real home and all, but as long as she is here, she is my guest and I take full responsibility of any stupid thing she does. Which I doubt would be many, by the way."

"How reassuring," he said bluntly, sending a I'm-so-done face. "Seeing as I won't have my head on a platter the next time I see boss, have a good day Ms Reid." He rounded the car again to get to his side before driving off to wherever his destination was.

____________________

Question:
     WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.4K 118
Warning:- Contains mature content , 18++ Henry Hampton the most eligible bachelor, devilishly handsome with icy cold personality... loves his Moms to...
178K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
158K 11.7K 40
Fiona Hartley is the woman he has feared since he could remember. She was spoiled and snobby but hauntingly beautiful. There's something Philip doe...
9.6M 459K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...