Hard Knocks

By Talahia

Brock " Rock" Jennings, who has served the maximum sentence for his crime will soon be a free man. All he jus... More

Chapter 1 " Almost Over "
Chapter 2 "Changes"
Chapter 3 " The Meet Up"
Chapter 4 "Getting Acquainted"
Chapter 5 " Something Different"
Chapter 6 "Silent Cries"
Chapter 8 " help me "
Chapter 9 " Savior"
Chapter 10 " feelings"
Chapter 11 "All I Need"
Chapter 12 " untitled"
Chapter 13" I dont need you"
Chapter 14 "Karma"
Chapter 15 "a closed mouth"
Chapter 16 "the good life"
Chapter 17" I missed you"
Chapter 18 " ReUnited"
Chapter 19 " Something Special"
Chapter 20 " Better days Ahead"
Chapter 21 "feeling good"
Chapter 22 "Last Forever"
Chapter 23 " Lost One"
Chapter 24 "I'm Here"
Chapter 25 " Oh Baby"
Chapter 26 "Virgo"
Chapter 27 "Suprise"
Chapter 28 "Satan Spun"
Chapter 29 " It so hard to say good bye"
Chapter 30 " Act Right"
Chapter 31 " Cloudy Days & Rainbows"
Chapter 32 " mama"
Chapter 33 "F.O.E"

Chapter 7 " Distraction"

511 41 5
By Talahia

I could barley focus on my work without thinking about Ashton.

" Nia "

" huh " I said looking up to see Marley looking at me with a weird look.

" I've been calling your name for a minute what's up with you "

" I'm fine what you need "

" I was going to ask what are your plans for the weekend "

" maybe hang out with Ashton. "

" awwwl look at my bestfriend getting her groove on "

" I'm so happy for you girl " Marley said smiling at me.

I wanted cry and tell her everything wasn't ok. This man beat me nearly to death every time he thinks I'm "disrespecting" him.

But I couldn't I'm pretty sure he was capable of killing me If I said a word to anybody.

" uh thanks " I said continuing my work.

I continue to look up more well known common mental illness in the black community and is their any resources that is in the community to help.

Out of all the research only two one actually in the city of Detroit 20 minutes from the work place.

I planned on taking a trip.

I took a break checking my phone for any notifications and my multiple social media websites.

My stomach was starting to bother me a little so I figure I'll stop by the vending machine and hoping to see Rock. I wanted to apologize to him for Ashton interrupting us.

It was quite busy since it was most people lunch break.

I walk to vending machine and I still didn't see Rock. I figure he was on lunch break with the others.

I grabbed my bag of Doritos heading to the elevator.

Once I made it up their I was in for a surprise.

" Nia your hus- I mean boyfriennnd is here " Marley said happily.

He was at my desk with a dozen of roses. It was such a nice gesture, but I could not forget what he did earlier.

Marley happily watched us talk.

" baby these are for you " Ashton said with the beautiful smile that captivated me the first time I saw him.

But his face frowned up at me.

I figure he was about to show his true colors in front of everyone.

" baby why are you eating this trash " he said taking the Doritos that I was just about to eat throwing them in my mini trash can.

" awwwwl he cares too , that is a keeper" Marley said boosting his ego

That woman didn't know went to hush and mind her business.

" remember we're eating lunch today " he said pulling me closer to him.

" how could I forget after you slap the mess out of me " I thought to myself.

" getcha bag and lets go " he said in my ear before kissing my cheek.

He moved aside letting me get my stuff.

To tell you truth I didn't want to be any where near him.

************
" boss man need to get me some more hours I got kids to feed " Black said

He worked at the car shop wit me.

" I know that's right but I ain't gone complain " I said sitting on the hood of a car that needed to be worked on.

I left my first job going to my second job.

" that is because yo ass working two jobs and no damn kids, mind if we trade lives?"

" Nawl I'm good , yo baby moms crazy as hell " I said laughing.

Just last week she came up here raising all types of hell just because another female posted their two year old twin daughters on Facebook talking about "family"

It was his 18 year old baby cousin baby sitting for him cause he had to come into work at the last minute.

" aight you got me there but she just need to calm down and stop thinking I'm cheating all the time, and that's never the case I love ha mean ass too much " he said shaking his head.

" y'all are both crazy "

" don't act you all cool calm collected "

" but I am man though, I ain't got time for no girl to be stressing me out " I said spitting out the sunflower seeds I cracked in my mouth.

Just sum to snack on.

" you only saying that cause nobody haven't caught ya eye " he said

" Nawl I'm good " I said shaking my head.

That could of been somebody but she a "taken" woman.

That shit hurt like hell when ole' dude walk in like he man of the year and take the woman that I wanted for myself.

Too bad I ain't have a nice outfit , luxurious car, and money to swing her over.

**************
Nia

" why you're not eating " he said as he cut into his juicy steak and potato.

While I had a salad that had little to nothing on it.

" I-I'm not hungry " I said pushing the plate away.

" well you should be ..... it's good for you " he said.

" I'm fine Ashton "

" Nia eat the food , my money ain't going to waste, it's better than that bag Doritos you had in your hand , you know how many calories in that ? "

" no "

" enough to make you fatter than you already are "

" Ashton that's insensitive " I said feeling hurt.

" well you need to hear it " he said shrugging his shoulders.

" Nia I gotta image to hold up and I love you to death but you gotta lose some weight , besides I'm pretty sure you're over your weight limit for your height "

I couldn't help myself , I grabbed the ice water throwing it on him.

" you're such a freaking PIG Ashton I HATE YOU"I said about to leave out my seat.

Too bad I wasn't quick enough. He yanked the back of my hair making me fall to the ground.

We was in private room closed off to the public in some fancy diner, therefore no one could see or hear us.

" don't you ever fucking disrespect me " he said choking me.

" yo ass gone learn to watch your mouth around me " he said taking off his suite jacket and loosening his belt.

" No Ashton ! " I said trying to stop him

It was too late.

His hands covered my mouth before I could even scream as he hike up my dress ripping off my underwear.

He looked me dead in the eyes as he ram "himself" inside me.

The pain was something I could never describe.

I was laid out on the floor feeling lifeless.

I was ready for death, the most precious thing was taken from me by a demon living on this earth.

I tried to understand the words that was coming out his mouth but I couldn't.

*************
" I didn't know you was a virgin" he said softly to me.

" when you come home , imma make you a nice bubble bath to get rid of that pain " he said rubbing my thigh down.

No words could come out my mouth.

He handed my purse but took my phone out of it.

" I'll come back here to pick you up , I love you " he said to me pecking my lips.

How could he say that after what he just did.

How could you say " love me " after you RAPE me on a high end restaurant floor for 20 minutes.

I got out his car feeling worthless than ever before.

He made sure I looked decent before anybody suspect what happen.

It felt like it took forever for me to get to the fifth floor.

" Ms. Bowman can I see you in my office " Mrs Ellington said.

I made my way to her office.

" is everything ok with you ? " she said looking concern

That quickly alerted me.

" yes ma'am "

" well .. ok I just notice you've been turning in your reports late and you usually do them before anyone why is that ? "

" I know I-I just been busy "

" well you better get un-busy , Mrs Bowman you one of my top journalist now I need you to be on it "

" yes ma'am "

I felt some what relief I figure she was going to continue question me, but thank God she didn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
198K 711 24
its all in the title babes 😋
271K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
100K 1.4K 50
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...