Guardian Angel

By Lickerfish

You're just another doll in this world of masquerade. What can you offer to this world? That's what Alexa Ika... More

•• Briars and Thorns ••
•• The Legend of the Rose ••
•• NightShade ••
•• Warriors Spirit ••
•• Awaken my Protectors ••
•• Child of God or science? ••
•• Glass ••
•• Shadows of the soul ••
•• Fae Angel ••
•• Human Form ••
•• Fragile ••
•• God is Love ••
•• Bittersweet ••
•• Gilded Heart ••
•• Infected ••
•• Realm of the Spirits ••
•• Spiritual Darkness ••
•• Dreams ••
•• Tarnished Statue ••
•• Temptations ••
•• An unspoken bond ••
•• Danger ••
•• Nightmares ••
•• Is blood always thicker than water? ••
••Masquerading the Light ••
•• Vulnerability ••
•• Christmas cheer or fear? ••
•• Untouched Beauty ••
•• Forgiveness pt.1 ••
Announcement
Good News
•• Forgiveness pt.2 ••
Another Announcent

•• The Realm of Eternal Slumber ••

29 2 8
By Lickerfish

John 6:53-56

53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

"Ok, I can explain" she clutched onto her hands and gulped.

"Ace and I were in his car and things got pretty heated because we started arguing about how his thingy broke"

"What were you doing in his car?!" her grandfather urged.

"I-It doesn't matter" Alexa felt the guilt gnawing at her heart, she couldn't tell her family what was going on between Ace and her, she wasn't supposed to let anyone know that she was confiding her true emotions with somebody outside the family. If word got out about how miserable Alexa really felt about being the daughter of Fujiko Ikari and having to suppress her emotions she would damage her mothers career yet once again.

"Anyways Jennifer showed up and started lecturing me about using protection and I-

"Is that why your dressed like this?"

"Well I needed a disguise, it's not the first time I got caught doing something like this, so Ace let me borrow some clothes at his house"

"This is disgraceful Alexa" her grandfathers shook his head in despair.

"I know, I'm really sorry, I didn't know the house we would be doing it in wasn't even his"

"Your both minors you shouldn't be doing this sort of stuff anyways, its illegal" he yelled.

"I know but-

"No buts, I'm surprised you even got off on bail"

"I have my mother to thank for that"

"Yes, but I doubt she knows the full details of the situation"

"I'm sorry-

"How am I going to tell her that your pregnant?" his hands clamped onto his head.

Alexa and Ace shot a glance at each other and froze.

"What?" Alexa yelped.

"I was wondering when we were finally going to tell them" Ace sighed dramatically with a mischievous smirk, dropping his arm over Alexa pulling her close. "It looks this situation just made it easier for us.

"Wait what?" Alexa blinked rapidly.

"Is that why you chose the baggy clothes to hide your weight gain" Oliva her sister pointed to her disguise.

"Are you trying to call me fat?!" Alexa huffed, stomping her foot on the ground.

"Doesn't this setting remind you of our first time?" Ace traced his rough hands down to curl around Alexa's waist. "the two of us right beside the fire and you begging for me to-

"Such disrespect?!" her grandfather grumbled, launching for Ace with his shaky little fist.

"Then again, it's hard to remember since we were all over the place" Ace shrugged, dogging backwards.

"I-I can't be fat, I had to restrain myself from being tempted to eat one of Ethan's chocolate bars" Alexa fretted, taking in slow breaths to calm herself down.

Suddenly loud rustling and clanking silenced the room again.

"What was that?!" Oliva gulped with worried eyes scurrying over at everyone. In return everyone else was smacked with fear thickening their pulse.

"I'll deal with it" Ace picked up the fireplace stick, inching over to the kitchen. His steps creaked on the floorboards pumping up everyone's heartbeats. As the darkness loomed him they all gulped. Alexa gripped onto her chest rippling the fabric in her fingertips.

"Bring that any closer solider and I'll shove that stick somewhere very uncomfortable" Violet snatched the stick from Ace and whacked him down to the ground with it.

"W-What's the mental doing at your house?" Ace crawled back from her slowly getting up off the ground.

"Y-You were the intruder back at school, what are you doing here?!" Oliva's finger shook pointed at Violet before she slapped onto her lips.

"Ok I need to call the police" her grandad took slow breaths waving his hands in the air.

"No wait Violet is my-

"Master, I'm here to find the warriors spirit and with your help I can do it much faster" Violet's chest puffed up as she proclaimed herself proudly.

"What does that mean-

"No, she's my fitness instructor, she's been helping me with losing some weight" Alexa lied through her teeth twirling a wisp of her hair in her finger.

"Babe there's nothing wrong with gaining a little weight, you still look gorgeous" Ace snaked his  hand on Alexa's lower back making a blush ripple over her cheeks slightly.

"It's only a natural part of the pregnancy" her grandad exhaled rubbing his forehead.

"Your pregnant?!" Violet snapped gripping harder on the stick as she darted death glares into Alexa "How am I supposed to train a pregnant solider?! I'm going to have to find someone to replace you"

"At the very least I'd like to know what my grandchild will be called"

"Albert" Ace spoke up.

"Aw, it's a boy I wanted to name it after me" Oliva gushed, snuggling her hands onto her cheeks.

"For the last time I'm not pregnant!" Alexa snatched the fire stick, stomping it on the ground.

Surges of hot blood spurt in her compressed veins, rummaging the anger all throughout her body. Even her pores clogged up with hot steam from her blood brewing into sweat running down her face and palms. 

But for some reason it was more than just anger. It was a strange sense of being overpowered.

But by what?

Fire built up in her chest, twisting her breaths until she went numb. A paralyzing emptiness that she no longer had any control of her body because it felt like it wasn't her own anymore. Her soul felt like it had dissolved into the hot blood coursing through her veins.

A memory shot into her eyes. But it wasn't familiar. 

In fact, it felt like an intruder. 

Blood stained the fingertips of a new-born baby cradled in the arms of a man. But where did it come from she thought? As the weary flashback floated upwards she saw the culprit. It was from the sky. Or to be more specific a realm hidden in the midst of the clouds. The crimson currants dripped down and seeped into the little cut on the new-borns injured finger. 

And then in a flash it was all gone.

Alexa snapped out of the foreign trance and gulped. What was all of that? All the pain felt as if it was her own body fighting against itself?

Violet squinted at Alexa's strange behaviour like everyone else did but for a split second only she caught the glimpse of a spark of purple in Alexa's eyes.

"Babe please put that down your hormonal" Ace placed a hand on her shoulder.

Alexa waggled the stick at Ace with her brows pinched down until he backed away with his hands up in defeat.

"Look, Ace needs to stay because he has no-where else to go his family has kicked him out and Violet needs to stay because I need to get into shape"

"We can't do that Alexa, your mother won't be impressed"

"Please both of them have nowhere to stay and it's just for one night"

"I'm sorry but no" he shook his head.

"Bubba you took both me and Oliva in when we had no home, what makes them different?" pleads seeped into Alexa's voice.

"They aren't family"

"They're people I care about so their family to me" Alexa dropped the stick.

After a long pause with only the clank of the stick rustling the room the grandfather spoke up. "Ace can take the couch and Violet can take the guest room" he sighed heading off to bed. 

Alexa sighed in relief feeling her heavy heart float back to normality. What were those heavy emotions back there? She shook her head also trying to knock out the image of Violets face scaring her mind and closed her eyes. Flashes of the baby kept pulsating at her brain which only made Alexa's heart contract until she dipped her feet out of the bed making her way to the kitchen, opening up the fridge. 

She felt her body become faint with a paleness crawling on her skin and for the most part she felt tired. Not just physically but mentally. A heavy blackness peeled away at her heart and she felt her chest coil into a tight bunch.

 All her symptoms connected to the rose symptom. But why did she have the same symptoms if she wasn't sick? She never actually touched the rose in person or even met a Nightshade member in person even though that didn't stop her from suffering in the effects of violence. The closest she got to the flower was by seeing it in the Legend of the Rose. But with all the medicine that was pumped into the nation last year it should have protected them. 

At least that's what their government told them.

 If that were so why was Alexa still hurt? Were all those countless injections, check-ups and surveillance all for nothing? What was even the point of putting up a dome to protect them from Nightshade if this illness had come to attack her. Slowly Alexa took a deep gulp down her rusty throat along with the chills of the fridge numbing her fingertips as her eyes shot wide open, it all began to make sense now.

 Not only did Nightshade slaughter numerous people but they exposed people to that poisonous rose. That dome wasn't just to keep that rioting group out but to protect the people from the traces of the rose that they left behind. The stains of that poisonous rose were probably what all those countless medications were for.

 A bit of clarity washed over Alexa's mind like a refreshing waterfall and she blew out a gently breath. Her eyes sparkled over watching how it evaporated into the cold of the fridge. But all her peace was soon cut short once she realized the newly dangers of the situation. 

If her government was trying to protect them all along from these symptoms what would become of Alexa if she spoke out about them?

 Would she be chucked away into a mental asylum like Ethan's father? 

Or even worse slip away into silence like the victims in hospital that she saw on tv. Maybe not even slip into silence but be forced into it?

 She would be the exact problem that her government was trying to fix. What they were trying to protect their people from? After the very recent recovery of the dark days of Nightshade the government did everything they could to put those days in the past. Not just in a physical sense with all the new businesses, shops and other excitement industries booming up in the country but in a mental one too. Schools and other public places were prohibited of even speaking about those topics.

 Everything was treated as if it never happened. 

In a way to push people into a living a life of blissful ignorance. Although deep down inside Alexa's heart the scars of the past still lingered and wouldn't easily be forgotten with a bit of fun. With all the previous questions answered all but one remained. Was Alexa really ready to break away from the sweet façade of trying to forget the damage of the past? Or would she own up to the truth quickly latching its way back into the present. 

The question pruned away at her like a scab but soon enough she managed to reach her hand into peak her hand into the fridge with all its fluorescent white light illuminating in her eyes. It flickered slightly while she curled her hand around a glass of water feeling all the goose bumps rupture along her skin.

"Go to bed princess you need your beauty sleep" gravely murmurs of Aces voice whispered into her ear, causing Alexa to jump a little, whipping around to him.

"Oh, you scared me, why are you still up?" her voice hitched as his body inched in closer to hers. She bit down on her lip to try and control her heart spasming with warmth against her rib cage, it was so loud that with every beat her eyes darted all over his darkened features, only to be dashed over with glowing light casting shadows on his sharp cut jawline perking up to the side in a taunting manner.

"Thinking about you" a smirk laced in his dark grey eyes as he hooked his hand on top of the fridge leaning over her. Slowly he crept his face down to hers allowing his minty breath to fan onto her lips.

"W-What?!" Alexa felt his breath tickle along the hairs of her face and she felt a little more exposed being this close to him that she slowly rubbed her arms up and down feeling all the spectrums of goose bumps pricking it. Along with his narrowed eyes flickering up and down as if he was scanning her it didn't stop her pulse from tingling with nerves.

"What was that with you back there, you looked like a crazy person, you just froze" he rubbed the back of his neck backing away slightly with little hints of concern embedded into his accusing tone.

"I-I was just thinking about some stuff"

He rolled his eyes at her words knowing there was obviously more to her words then she would let on, so instead of poking her with more useless questions about the matter he reached his hand in for a glass of water for himself.

"I know your lying to me, but Violet probably knows the truth"

"W-What do you mean?" Pulse waves of shock startled Alexa and she dropped her glass of water. It smashed into pieces on the ground and she quickly bent down to go clean it up. 

She stretched her hand in picking up one of the pieces of glass but suddenly in her mind they all morphed into red petals scattered on the ground. It made her gut twist into knots and she felt the bile speedily burn the back of her throat as the petals caught onto every fragment of her reflection. 

Mirroring her being. 

Taunting her. 

Mocking her. 

She squeezed down on the glass piece unconscious to the cut slicing into her skin, oozing drops of blood down her hand. She shut her eyes no longer wanting to look at the glass caving in on her. But the simple act of closing them wouldn't set her free from the torment of her mind. 

Another foreign memory choked her brain.

Long black hair flowed from a girl as she looked down upon the earth. Light glinted on her silver crown nestled on her head and she looked down on the earth from a high space. Like a completely different realm. A ball of blue fluff floated next to her. Alexa couldn't even comprehend what kind of animal it was she had never seen it before in her life.

 In the midst of all the normal human activity in the day time, that she usually gazed down upon with cars caught in traffic and people quickly rushing across the street she noticed a man pushing a stroller. Her doey eyes lit up with excitement as she peered her sight down to see the little baby snuggled up in the seat of the pram. 

"So pure" the Angel princess gushed with her eyes staying glued on the man as he picked up the child resting it on his lap. He took out a pair of nail clippers gently chirping away the long nails of the child. But the princess along with her pet ball of blue fluffs heads tilted with brows knitted together as they saw what dripped from the baby. 

Blood. 

"Woah, what is that red stuff?" her mouth gaped wide, looking at the drops of crimson liquid. 

"Maybe it's some kind of potion?" the fluff chirped.

 "But its dirty and looks like it's hurting the child" she slowly reached out as if to touch the baby in a comforting way, but her hand was stopped by the glass barrier.

 "I've never seen something like that here in the realm of eternal slumber" she awed at how the blood sparkled. Blood was a foreign myth to supernaturals like them, since they lived forever they never fell victim to injuries. She sighed in defeat smoothing her hand down with a squeaking noise trickling from it.

 This barrier was no surprise to the young princess, since the dawn of time the 3 realms consisting of the angel realm, the fairy realm and the realm of eternal slumber had always been separated from earth to stop the supernatural from ever mingling with the human species.

The little princess puffed her cheeks crossing her arms in a sulking manner. More warm breezes brushed along her ebony chocolate skin and she turned around to spiralled roots of lush green trees sprouting high into the navy skies of the night. But hidden in the hurdles of nature a sight caught her eye.

 A red rose.

Authors Note

Thank the Lord for helping me to write another chapter I'm literally so tired but I want to thank you all again for reading this weeks update.

So were finally uncovering more truth to the rose, do you rememebr in the very first chapter of this book how a girl (The Angel Princess mentioned here) touches the rose and breaks the barriers, well this was the events leading up to it and can you remember when the chapter when Violet gets to look at a memory from the rose and sees the events that occur after the rose has been ripped, im just letting you all know this because i know a lot of you were saying how lost you were so these chapters that ive mentioned you can take a look aat them again and see if you can understand the situation a little better, if you still have any questions its because theres still more to find out so stay tuned and if your still really lost just let me know and ill try my best to explain it to you without any spoilers . ♥ 

Alexa was really freaking out back there, it was like she was possessed. 

Got any idea whats controlling her? The most creative comment will get next weeks chapter dedicated to them.♥ 

Copyright © 2017 by LickerFish

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

808K 33.1K 38
The day of the end was the start of the beginning for Violetta Simmons. She just didn't know it yet. The War of Blood changed the world forever, cha...
3K 378 52
What if you were suddenly told that everything you'd ever known about yourself was a lie? What if you also found out your best friend was living in t...
115 7 12
Alexa has a job to do a destiny. Will she follow it even if she ends up hurting the ones she loves the most? When her super powers come from an...
Luna By jaz

Fantasy

63 1 13
When fire is what you remember from your home and darkness is what you have left from your mother. Stories of what people though of your mother but y...