Find Me a Find, Catch Me a Ca...

By DKGwrites

Finding out that Kara and Lena harbor feelings for each other, their friends play matchmaker. A fake assassin... More

Chapter 1 - SisterZoned
Chapter 2 - The Worst Dating Site Ever
Chapter 3 - The Confidant
Chapter 4 - Pandora's Box
Chapter 5 - The Kryptonian, the Lesbian, and the Thespian
Chapter 6 - Letting the Kryptonian Out of the Bag
Chapter 7 - I Have a Type
Chapter 8 - They Call Me Bell, They Call Me Stacey
Chapter 10 - Vittles and Veracity
Chapter 11 - Family
Chapter 12 - Press Conference
Chapter 13 - When it Reigns it Pours
Chapter 14 - Midvale
Chapter 15 - A Whale of a Tale
Chapter 16 - Mustang Sally
Chapter 17 - Boundaries
Chapter 18 - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Chapter 19 - Truth or Consequences, Not Just a Town in New Mexico
Chapter 20 - Occam's Razor
Chapter 21 - Genie in a Bottle

Chapter 9 - Bunk Beds

5.2K 213 1.1K
By DKGwrites

Okay, I think this is a good place to leave the rules for reading fanfic:

1. Don't drink while reading.

2. Don't eat while reading.

3. Don't read in a public place (school, work, on a bus, etc.)

4. Don't read around family members unless you're okay with odd looks and questions.

Lots of laughs ahead, so please be careful.

<><>

"Kara, please sign this?"

Looking up from her desk at Catco, Kara frowned slightly as Lena put a sheet of paper down. Nodding, she grabbed a pen and obeyed, jotting down her name on the bottom line. "There you go." As Lena walked away, Kara followed. "What, ah, what did I just sign?"

"Your notice of consent on an HR document. Thank you."

"My...my what?" With a little skip, Kara caught up to her boss. "Lena, did I do something wrong? Am I in trouble?"

"Not that I'm aware, Miss Danvers," Lena quipped, nodding as she passed an employee. "Why, have you something to confess?"

"I...I...no." Kara paused in the hallway, letting her morning's actions run through her mind before adjusting her glasses and following after Lena again. "Okay, so if I didn't do anything wrong, and I didn't, so I'm not in trouble, why did I have to sign a form that you're taking to HR?"

Stopping outside the office of the Director of HR, Lena held up the form to Kara and tapped across the top where the words, 'Notice of Consensual Relationship Agreement' were written.

Kara's mouth formed a little circle before she managed to say, "Oh. That's because we're..."

"Yes." Lena knocked on the door.

"Come in."

As Lena entered, Kara awkwardly trailing behind, Miss Dana Jackson rose and smiled. She was a fifty something year-old African-American woman who'd been HR Director of Catco for over a dozen years. She was kind and fair but lacking in work friends. There was just something about officially being in charge of the HR policies of a company like this that made everyone friendly but no one your friend.

"Ah, Miss Luthor and Miss Danvers, how lovely to see you both," Miss Jackson said. "What can the HR Department do for you today?"

"We came to drop this off," Lena said handing over the paper.

Taking it, Miss Jackson briefly examined the form. "I'm glad you brought this over to me. There's been some mutterings since you brought Catco, Miss Luthor. Nothing overt, of course, but people do talk. Having this officially on file makes my job a whole lot easier."

"Mutterings?" Kara asked, her mouth open as she gasped slightly.

"Oh, good Lord," Lena murmured. "Is there anything else you need from us, Miss Jackson?"

"That's the only form that the company requires you to fill out. I did notice you checked off domestic partner under relationship."

"You did?" Kara asked.

"Yes, we did," Lena stressed. "We are living together, Kara. After all, how long have we been dating now?"

"Um...golly, a year I guess," Kara replied.

"Golly." Lena laughed. "You're adorable. Miss Jackson, isn't she adorable?"

"Everyone says so," Miss Jackson agreed. "Anyway, do either of you need new beneficiary forms?"

"New what now?" Kara asked.

Lena extended her hand. "I'll take one. Kara will be keeping her sister Alex as her beneficiary...at least for the time being. I don't want her to think I'm after her for her money."

Miss Jackson laughed. "Good one, Miss Luthor."

As Miss Jackson turned to her filing cabinets and put away one form on her way to find another, Kara whispered, "A new beneficiary form? What are you doing?"

"Keep me alive and this will be inconsequential," Lena whispered back.

"Here you are, Miss Luthor," Miss Jackson said as she held out the beneficiary form. "Do you want to fill this out now or—?"

"No, I'm going to have to do a lot of legal updates, and my lawyers will want to look over everything and make copies of it all. You know...lawyers." Lena laughed and Miss Jackson laughed along. "I'll get this back to you."

"No rush on our end. Just don't go dying, all right?"

Pointing with a stilted smile on her face, Lena said, "I'll do my best. Have a good day, Miss Jackson."

"You too, Miss Luthor, Miss Danvers."

"Bye, Miss Jackson," Kara said a bit subdued as she and Lena left and made their way down the hallway. "Oh, Rao...Don't you go dying? That seemed a bit...off color, don't you think?"

"I think we're just a little sensitive on the subject right now, what with the assassin and all."

"Lena." Taking Lena's hand, Kara stopped the other woman. "Pretty much every other week someone's trying to kill you."

"Well, that's true," Lena admitted as they began to walk again, their fingers still laced together. "Perhaps we should discourage those kinds of jokes in regards to me. They hit a bit close to home."

"Maybe you should make a few less jokes about your family and the evil and stuff?"

Lena laughed. "Oh, that's not changing. People can't laugh at me if they're laughing with me."

"Is that why you do it?"

"Age old negotiating technique." Lena winked. "Take notes, Kara. If this latest assassin is better than Supergirl, all of this will be yours one day."

"Not funny, Lena."

Lena shrugged. "It was a little bit funny."

"Not even a little bit."

"Maybe you don't get Earth humor."

"Lena, that's not..." As two people came down the hall, Kara had to pull Lena in closer to her as their hands were still linked. As the others passed with lingering glances and quiet whispers, Kara said, "Not funny, Lena."

"A tiny bit?"

"No." Kara glared.

Tilting her head to the side, Lena studied Kara and asked, "Are you hungry?"

Kara tried to hold her jaw firmly in place, but finally admitted, "Yes."

"Good. I ordered you lunch."

"You did?" Kara asked, a look of wonder and joy spreading across her face.

"Of course. We can eat in my office that Mr. Olsen was so nice to vacate when he took up residence down the hall. That way we'll be on display. That should get people talking, don't you think?"

"Uh..." Kara managed a nod and then reached to adjust her glasses, but had to do it with one hand as the other was still occupied.

"Are you all right?"

"That depends. What's for lunch?"

With a sharp and sudden laugh, Lena began to walk again as she pulled a willing Kara along after her. "Come along, darling. Your food awaits."

Lunch consisted of a selection of Chinese food from one of the local places that Kara favored. There were several things for the reporter: egg rolls, fried shrimp, boneless spare ribs, beef teriyaki, chicken wings, chicken fingers, and of course, pot stickers. For Lena there was a serving of sautéed pea pods.

Looking at two large containers that made up most of her food, Kara asked, "It's like a variety. What is this?"

"A PuPu Platter," Lena replied. "It doesn't sound appetizing, even for an appetizer, but it has several of your favorite things in it and serves two, so I got you two of them along with the potstickers which I assumed were a Kara Danvers staple. Is that all right?"

With a happy sigh, Kara replied, "I'm so glad we're dating. Why didn't we start this last year?"

Lena chuckled as she opened her food. "Apparently, we did. Anything else you want?"

Kara shook her head as she smiled around a bite of egg roll. "This is...mmmm...amazing, Lena. What's for dinner?"

"What would you like?"

With wide eyes, Kara shook her head. "Kidding, I was kidding."

"Well, I'm not. You're stuck with me until we solve this assassin issue. I need to work. You need to eat quite a bit to stay at peak performance, and I need you there for my safety. In true Luthor fashion, keeping you fed and happy is a selfish action on my part. So, what kind of selfish would you like me to be tonight?"

"Um...pizza selfish?"

"Pizza selfish it is. Usually I work late at the office, but I think I'll start working from home after hours. It will be safer for me, and it will make your life a bit less dreary."

"Oh, I don't mind," Kara assured.

"Kara, at least at my home you can have the run of the place. There are books, movies, the pools, the hot tub, the pool table, the library, the gym, and if you need anything else brought in to entertain you, just say the word. Hmmm...Do you use a gym?"

"I don't use a gym."

Shaking her head, Lena ate a bit of her food and mumbled, "Bitch."

Eyebrows shooting up, Kara replied, "You know I can hear everything you say no matter how quiet you are, right?"

"Good, then I won't whisper next time I call you a bitch," Lena replied. Opening a bottle of water and ignoring Kara's look of outrage she said, "So, this is actually a working lunch."

"Oh? Should I grab my notebook?"

"Not that kind of work, Kara. I thought we should talk about our relationship."

"Oh. Because you're still upset with me? Okay."

"Well, yes, but that's not what I mean. I can't even think about all of that right now. I don't know how or when we'll get back to the way we were. Right now I just want to live through this latest attempt on my life." A curious look crossed Lena's face. "Do we even know who hired this man to kill me?"

"Uh...I do not, but I can ask my sister. She's heading up the investigation. I'm sure the...DEO...It's still weird saying that in front of you, sorry. I'm sure the DEO is trying to track that down."

"L-Corp could help."

"I'll let Alex know."

"Thank you." Clearing her throat, Lena took another sip of water. "Now, when I said working lunch and our relationship, I meant this little ruse we're putting on. Soon enough word will be out, and people will start asking questions. We've got to be consistent in our answers."

Kara nodded.

"You and I know a lot about each other, or at least you know a lot about me and I know a lot about your secret identity, but we know nothing about this romantic relationship we're supposedly having. We need to get down to brass tacks here."

"Brass tacks, yes." Kara nodded. "What does that mean?"

"It's idiomatic speech."

"Ah. I'm not good at that. That's like a language within a language. We had idioms on Krypton too. Every language seems to have them, but they're confusing for non-native speakers. What does this one mean?"

"It means we get down to the basics, focus on the essentials," Lena explained.

"Ah. What's the origin of this phrase?"

After several blinks, Lena admitted, "I have no idea." Picking up her phone, she typed something into it.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm putting a reminder into my calendar so I'll do some research on the phrase's origin this weekend."

Pointing through the glass wall, Kara said, "Miss Grant would have just called Eve in here and made her hunt it down."

"Well, I'm not Miss Grant."

"But you're a busy woman, the CEO of Catco just like Miss Grant, and you're also the CEO of L-Corp. Miss Grant had assistants because she was so busy. It wasn't that she wasn't capable. She's one of the most capable women I've ever met. Her energy was just better spent elsewhere. Don't you think yours is?"

Studying Kara, Lena replied, "You and I have never really discussed her, have we?"

"No. Why?"

"Interesting, that's all. Kara, there will always be better ways I can spend my energy, but there are also always things that interest me. Research interests me. When I do research, I find other things along the way, and that knowledge is usually more valuable than whatever it is I was looking for in the first place. Don't be so focused on the goal that you ignore the journey."

"Is that a Luthor saying?"

"Oh, God no." Lena laughed. "Luthors care about the goal, and everyone and everything else be damned. There was a time that all I wanted to be was a Luthor, and then there was a time that was the last thing I wanted to be. Like so many things in life, I suppose the truth is somewhere in the middle."

Swallowing a boneless spare rib, Kara said, "You're a wise woman, Lena Luthor."

"Sometimes. Sometimes I can't see what's right in front of my face." There was an awkward moment, and then Lena said, "But we're off track again."

"Sorry. I'll stop distracting you. Tell me about our brass tacks."

"Thank you. So, who asked whom out?"

"Um...you mean...us? Oh...Well, I uh...huh...I mean I...I would have...ummm..."

"Right then. I asked you out. Next question."

"What? Maybe I asked you out."

"Kara." Lena shook her head. "You couldn't even answer the question let alone ask me out. Do you want to discuss the first kiss?"

Gaze moving to Lena's lips, Kara looked away and quickly began to eat more.

"Are you all right?"

Nodding rapidly, Kara said, "Um-hmmm. Hungry."

"O-kay. Moving on. Let's just have the first date be one of the dinners we already had together. How about—?"

"Valentinos?"

"Valentinos," Lena replied with a nod and a smile. "We love that place."

"The cheesecake is great. We get two slices, and I eat mine and most of yours. We get the rest of the cake to go for...oh."

"You don't eat it over the rest of the week, do you?"

Smiling sheepishly, Kara replied, "I eat it when I get home. It's so good. How can you leave cheesecake in your refrigerator when it's sooooo good?"

With a little eye roll, Lena said, "Our first date was definitely Valentinos. You had the lasagna and...you ate that other serving of lasagna when you got home, didn't you?"

"How can you keep lasagna in your refrigerator? Food is like the best thing to eat ever."

"Second best in my opinion," Lena mumbled.

Brows furrowed, Kara asked, "What's better to eat than food?"

Raising one eyebrow, Lena stared.

"What?"

Lena stared.

"What?"

Lena stared.

"What!?"

"I hope you and your lasagna are very happy together," Lena replied as she took another bite of her food.

After several blinks, Kara asked, "What about the cheesecake?"

"So long as it's between you and two mature and consenting...whatevers, knock yourselves out. So, should we say we've been dating this whole time and just keeping it under wraps, but we needed to be open about it now that I'm your boss, or should we say it's new?"

Eating an egg roll, Kara nodded. "Saying we've been together for a year is consistent with what we told HR. Let's keep it consistent. Plus it looks much better with me moving in with you. What about other people like my sister? Did she know before now?"

"That's a good question." Lena shrugged.

"Consistent," Kara repeated. "Since we're only now telling people, let's say we just told her. That way Alex and our friends don't need to know anything about our dating history."

"They're our friends?"

"They are now," Kara replied. "You're going to love game night."

"What's game night?"

"You'll love it."

"You said that already." When Kara nodded and shoved food in her mouth, Lena said, "Moving on again. Parents. We can just say I haven't met your mother since I haven't. That seems simple enough. Of course my mother..." Sitting upright suddenly, Lena nearly knocked over her water as she stiffened. "Dear God, my mother!"

Kara jumped to her feet, food still in her hands, spinning to and fro. "What!? Where!?"

With a low, throaty chuckle, Lena relaxed in her seat. "Oh, my mother. Well, this is worth an assassination attempt. You know, I had no intention of Catco taking any part in spreading this gossip, but how quickly do you think we can get this to print? I want to make sure my mother sees it."

Slowly lowering back into her seat, Kara asked, "You're serious?"

"Like a heart attack...which I hope she has when she reads the article. Do you think it will sell well? I've never understood why, but articles about with whom I'm having sex have always seemed to be interesting to people. Can you imagine? If you're not sleeping with me or someone with whom I'm sleeping, I honestly could not care less. Anyway..." Studying Kara's concerned expression, Lena asked, "Are you all right?"

"We're having sex?"

"Um...we're not? I apologize. We've been dating for a year, Kara, and you're moving in with me. How long do you usually wait?"

Blinking several times, Kara repeated, "We're having sex?"

"Well, we don't have to. We can just tell people it's none of their business, say no comment. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or just assume that—"

"No, I want to!" Kara said speaking over Lena.

"Kara, honestly we can just—"

"No, I want to...I...sex...you..."

Head leaning to the side, Lena asked, "You sex me?"

"Oh Rao," Kara mumbled sliding down a bit in her chair. She took a few moments to compose herself and then pushed upright again. "I just mean...I want to do this. You know, with the sex and all. For consistency's sake, for appearances, yes, we're having sex."

"You're sure because I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I know some of your friends will know the truth because they know who you are, but I assume there must be other people with whom you're friendly who don't know your secret. There are others, aren't there?"

Leaning forward and rapidly nodding, Kara replied, "The only one here at work who knows the truth is James, well, and you now. It's an exclusive club. Welcome to it." Kara smiled a bit.

"Well...thank you." After a half-hearted eye roll, Lena smiled a bit in return. "Be warned that people may intimate things about us and ask you things of a rather personal nature. The press definitely will. Catco reporters will be different, and I'm used to handling paparazzi, but this will be different for you. Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"I've been dealing with reporters for the last two years. It hasn't been as long as you have, but I know how to deal with them. I know most of them as Kara, but as Supergirl, I've had to shut more than a few of them down. I can handle myself."

"All right." Raising her water bottle for a toast, Lena said, "To us and our fake year long relationship that started last night. Let's hope I don't die."

"Hold on," Kara replied, hastily unscrewing her water bottle and raising it for the toast. "To keeping you alive, our relationship both the fake dating and the real friendship."

Lena hesitated for a moment but then tapped her water bottle with Kara's and they both drank. Leaning back in her chair a bit, a sly smile came to Lena's face and she said, "So, Miss Danvers, I do have another question for you since we're getting to know each other more intimately here."

"Okay," Kara replied slowly as she bit into an egg roll and chewed, watching clear amusement play along Lena's lips.

Her smile growing slightly, one eyebrow rose as Lena asked, "Top or bottom?"

Blinking, head tilting to the left, Kara furrowed her brows. "Bunk beds?"

<><>

Alex and Maggie walked into Lena's apartment, a grocery bag in Maggie's hand.

"Hey, Kara, how was work?"

"We brought ice cream, Little Danvers."

Turning away from the TV on which she hadn't really been focusing, Kara met her sister's gaze as Alex moved to sit near her on the couch and said, "Lena and I are having sex."

Halfway to sitting on the couch, Alex stiffened and jerked like she'd been shocked. She spun toward her sister, sliding off the edge of the couch and landing on the floor.

"What was that!?" Maggie asked as she rushed back from her way into the kitchen.

Alex scrambled back onto the couch. "What did you just say?"

"Lena and I...sex," Kara said the last word slowly while she nodded.

"Kara you...when?" Alex asked.

"Well, today in her office at lunch time—"

Alex shot to her feet. "This happened at work!?"

"And are they hiring?" Maggie added with a grin.

"Maggie." Alex shook her head, frowning.

"Don't glare at me, Danvers. All I get is a 401k and a pension plan that is going to crap. I like her work benefits a lot better. Do you folks need a crime reporter, Little Danvers? I don't take dictation, but I do—"

"Maggie!" Sighing, Alex sat down and squeezed her sister's forearm. "Kara, it's okay. Are you okay?"

"I keep thinking about it."

"Well, sure." Alex smiled. "There's nothing wrong with that. I mean...Are you upset? You seem upset."

"I'm...Since Lena told me about the sex, I've been kind of distracted I guess. I didn't get a lot of work done for the rest of the day. I feel like I shouldn't keep thinking about it. Why do I keep thinking about it?"

"Lena told you about it?" Alex asked.

Kara nodded.

Alex glanced at Maggie who only shrugged behind Kara. Running a hand through her hair, Alex said, "Kara, I...Okay, how about this. No one can tell you when you've had sex. Each person gets to define that for themselves. Just because you have feelings for someone or do...things with them doesn't mean it's sex. You have sex when you think you've had sex. Even if the person you're with thinks they've had sex, well, that's up to them to decide, but they don't decide that for you. Each person decides for themselves. Do you understand?"

Kara nodded. "That's kind of what Lena said. She said I didn't have to do it. She said she didn't want to make me uncomfortable. She didn't want me to do anything I didn't want to do. Her life is kind of under a microscope, and she knows there will be a lot of reporters snooping around me now. I'm okay with that though. That's why I wanted to do it, for consistency."

Head turning slightly so she looked at her sister more out of the side of her eye, Alex asked, "For consistency?"

"Yeah, we're trying to be consistent. I think it's important. Don't you?"

"I...I'm not sure that's why you have sex with someone," Alex replied. "You love each other though, right?"

"She's my best friend," Kara said making eye contact and looking a bit more focused. "The consistency is important though, Alex. We spoke to HR about it today, so we don't want other people to—"

"Wait, wait, Kara. You and Lena went to HR on this?"

"Well, we had to. There are rules about employee relationships if someone is your superior, and Lena is my boss. I had to sign a form and everything."

"Kara, hold up," Maggie said. "When Lena and I went out drinking, she said she didn't have her own office. James was moving out of his into another one so she could officially get the CEO office instead of doing some dumb roaming CEO thing she'd been doing. Now remind me again, which is James' office?"

Kara was twisted around on the couch so she could see the other woman. "It's the big glass office with the balcony. It's directly across from the elevators when you first come up. You can't miss it."

Maggie looked over at Alex whose concern was obviously growing. "Okay, so maybe I'm just not understanding what happened here. When you say that you and Lena had...lunch today, and you say it happened in her office, you mean that office, at lunchtime, during work hours, when other people were around and could see you?"

"Well, of course. That was the point."

"That was the point!?" Alex exclaimed.

With a mixture of surprise and confusion, Kara looked at her sister again. "Well, we want everyone to know, don't we, Alex? If you were in my place and doing this with Lena, wouldn't you want to get the word out as quickly as possible?"

"I...I...Maggie?"

"Uh...I've got to put away the ice cream before it melts," Maggie said as she exited the room.

"But...traitor." Face deep in thought, Alex spent several moments searching for her next words. Finally she settled on, "Kara, you do love Lena, don't you? I've heard you say it casually, but you love her, right?"

Kara seemed to consider, but then she smiled, "Yeah, I do."

"And this thing you're doing with Lena, it's because you love her, right?"

"Absolutely."

"Okay, good," Alex said sighing with relief. "Lena feels the same way? She's doing this because she loves you too?"

"Well, she says she loves me. She's told me that. We're going through a rough patch, but I've got to believe we're going to make it through it. If you mean the sex, though, she wanted to have sex because, you know..." Kara shrugged. "Her mom."

Eyebrows shooting up, Alex repeated, "Her mom?"

"She wants her mom to know. Lena wants Catco to publish an article about us. Can you imagine Lillian's reaction?"

"Uh..." Mouth agape, Alex finally said, "Lillian is going to kill you."

"I think that's pretty much always a possibility. She's not exactly my biggest fan. Lillian Luthor wanting to kill Kara Danvers." Kara smiled. "Sounds like a day that ends in a Y in National City to me."

"I...guess," Alex admitted. "I hadn't really considered how this would affect things when Lillian found out. Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe we should just call this whole thing off."

"Alex no. I want to do this. I want this."

"You're sure?"

"Absolutely," Kara assured. "I just have one question."

"Anything, Kar. What is it?"

"So when Lena said top or bottom—?"

"Maggie!" Alex was on her feet. "Maggie! Ice cream, now stat!"

"What's going on?" Maggie asked as she peeked around the entryway to the kitchen. "Did it get worse? How did it get worse?"

"Oh, it got worse. We need three pints of ice cream, three spoons, and a bottle of alcohol. Glasses are optional."

Maggie nodded. "What kind, the booze I mean."

"Does not matter. It does not fucking matter at this point. I'll drink rubbing alcohol if that's all that's available for this conversation, but this is Luthor's house. You find whatever looks the most expensive and is sealed, and crack that bottle open."

"Babe, consider it done."

"Are you all right?" Kara asked.

As Alex dropped down into her seat again, she replied, "I may never be all right again."

"I thought I heard the dulcet tones of company," Lena said as she reached the second floor and headed toward the spiral staircase. "Are sure you haven't moved in also, Agent Danvers? You certainly are here a lot. At this rate, the papers will have me dating both the Danvers sisters." Stopping with her hand on the rail, Lena grinned. "Oh, my mother wouldn't like that, would she? What do you think, Agent Danvers? I already know Kara's views, but what are your thoughts on polyamory?"

"You," Alex breathed the word out slowly as she stared at Lena. Rising to her feet, she strode across the room and headed up the staircase. "You and I need to speak in private right now!"

"Right now?"

"Right now!"

"Is there..." Lena looked around. "Is there an imminent threat?"

Her laugh verging on the maniacal, Alex replied, "Oh, the threat's imminent all right."

"Alex!?" Kara was on her feet and in the air, glasses in her hand as she looked around the apartment.

"Kara, stay here. I've got this." Alex grabbed Lena's arm and hurried the other woman down the hallway.

"But I should—"

"Cover the perimeter, Kara!" Alex commanded as she opened the first door she came to and stepped inside with Lena in tow, closing and locking the door behind them as she flipped on the light.

The room was a library, shelves of books covered the walls and dark-wooden leather furniture filled the area. There was a desk to one side, an oversized piece that seemed to have history to it. A fireplace apparently stemmed up from the living room and sat unlit in one section. Unlike the rest of the house, thick curtains blocked out the light in here.

Alex barely took any note of this before she turned on Lena, never letting go of the death grip she had on the woman's arm. "We need to talk."

"Of course. Is he in the house?"

"Who?"

"Janković, the assassin," Lena clarified.

Alex shook her head slightly, more to clear it than as a response. "No. It's not that kind of a...No. You're okay right now."

Lena sighed. "Thank you. So, what's the status?"

"Top or bottom?"

"Hmmm?"

"Kara just told me about your little top or bottom question. What the hell are you thinking, Luthor? Kara isn't like you, you know. She's innocent."

"Wait, so this is about what happened at Catco today?"

"You bet your sweet ass it is."

"Let go of me," Lena said yanking her arm back. "Relax, Agent Danvers. I was just having some fun with your sister today. There was no harm to it."

"Fun? You call that fun?"

Lena shrugged. "Well, I had fun."

"Oh, my God!" Running her hand through her hair, Alex walked away before making a wide circle and coming back. "Is everyone in your family insane?"

"There is that possibility?" Lena grinned. "Oh, come now, Agent Danvers. I was just fooling around with your sister today."

"Fooling around? I don't even know how to respond to that. Did you even think about Kara's feelings?"

"Kara's feelings? Please. After what she put me through, this is the least she can do for me."

"Do for you?" Alex rubbed her face with both hands muttering, "Turn off your visuals." With a cleansing breath, Alex dropped her hands and said, "Luthor, she told me about the sex. She didn't owe you that."

Lena held up a hand. "I agree. I told her she didn't have to."

"In your office?"

"Yes."

"In front of...everyone?" Alex squeaked out.

"Well, my office is in front of..." Crossing her arms, Lena studied Alex. "Are we talking about the same thing?"

"I think so."

"I'm not quite certain." Lena's finger bobbed up and down slightly as she pointed at Alex. "Tell me what you think we're talking about."

"Fine." Hands on her hips, Alex took a deep breath as she squared up her shoulders and thrust out her jaw. "Today in your office..."

"Yes?"

"You and my sister..."

"Yes?"

"At lunchtime..."

"Go on."

"In front of everyone..."

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Agent Danvers. Rip off the bandaid already. How bad could it be?"

Taking one last breath in through her nose, Alex said, "Had sex."

Three beats passed. "We did what now?"

"You and Kara had...sex? Did you and Kara have sex?"

Slowly, eyes wide, Lena shook her head.

"Move," Alex said, her anger suddenly refocused as she pulled Lena to the side, unlocked and yanked open the door. "Kara!"

"Where is he!?" Kara replied as she floated directly in front of the other women, her eyes glowing yellow.

"Kara, what happened in Lena's office today?"

"Uh..." Slowly lowering herself to the floor, Kara looked around again. "Janković?"

"Is not here," Alex replied immediately. "The only one in any danger is you from me if you don't explain yourself. What did you and Lena do in her office today."

"Uh...a few things. We discussed a piece I wanted to do on aliens in the workforce. I fixed a desk drawer of hers that was sticking because one of the screws was sticking out just a smidge. Super nails make super good screwdrivers," Kara added holding up one finger and then examining her hand. "I need to cut these, Alex. Do you think you can bring me the special DEO cutters that we use for—"

"Did you and Lena have sex in her office at lunchtime, yes or no!?"

"What? Ewww. I mean, not Lena ewww because you're very lovely, Lena, but your office is made of glass. There are all of those people and people watching and the middle of the day and...Alex...ewww, no. Why would you ask me that?"

"Because that's what you told me!"

Kara gasped. "No I didn't! Lena, I didn't tell her that. I...I...Alex, why would you say that?"

"Kara..." One finger in her sister's face, Alex gritted her teeth as she leaned in close. "What did you say to me when I first got here tonight?"

After a moment of thought, Kara's mouth hung open. "Ooooohhhhh! Yeah, I can see how you could take that out of context."

"What out of context!?" Alex walked away from her sister again. "When I got here you said you and Lena had sex!"

"No. No, I said Lena and I are having sex. I meant it in the context of our fake relationship." Kara nodded over at Lena. "We discussed it at lunch today. I hadn't really considered that aspect of what we were doing before, how intimate this all was. It just surprised me, and I suppose my thoughts have been ruminating on it since. This whole thing is getting really real, you know?"

Looking at Lena, Alex asked, "So, what exactly did you two do at lunch today?"

"We talked and ate some food," Lena replied slowly, unease still on her face. Then, while she watched Alex, something changed and a certain cockiness settled over Lena as she smiled. "Tell me, Agent Danvers, what do you usually do at a working lunch, and is your organization hiring...or for sale? I'm easy."

"Move!" Alex said as her cheeks colored pink and she pushed past her sister to storm down the hallway. "Maggie!"

"Yeah, babe!"

"Is that bottle open yet!?"

"Yeah, babe!"

"Thank God!"

"What just happened?" Kara asked.

"Come on," Lena replied holding her hand out until Kara took it. "Let's go downstairs and spend time with your sister and Maggie. We can all watch a movie together."

"You're done with work?"

"Why not. I think it would be good for me to get to know your sister and her fiancée better since we're supposed to be dating, don't you?"

"I guess. Alex seemed upset, though. I'm not sure she wants to spend time with me right now."

"Well, too bad for her this is my house and you live here. If she doesn't like it, Alex can leave," Lena said stepping into the hallway and gently pulling Kara along. "Anyway, I want to sit on the loveseat and curl up and watch a movie with you. How does that sound?"

Tripping on air, Kara managed to recover but faltered slightly. "You want to snuggle?"

One eyebrow raised, Lena replied, "Well, I do now. Come on."

Kara swallowed hard. "Oh, Rao."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 441 11
Kara didn't imagine it would go the way it went. The way Lena stared at her. The silence that filled the apartment. The chill that went down her spin...
73.4K 2.2K 23
Kara had to make a tough decision when she almost lost her best friend. In Lena's perspective, she struggles with the shocking, or not so shocking, n...
260K 9.7K 27
Lena recieves a wedding invite from her ex, Jack Sphere. Not knowing what to do, she ignores the invitation until Sam brings up a week gap in her cal...
132K 2.4K 69
𝒢 π“ˆπ“Šπ“‡π“…π“‡π’Ύπ“ˆβ„― 𝒾𝓃 β„―π“‹β„―π“‡π“Ž 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇...