Mate or Not I still dont want...

By jensen321

A bond is a connection between to people that usually bring pure love and happiness but not for Cade and Skyl... More

Not willing (Cade)
Not wanting (Cade)
Not accepting (Skylin)
Not what you wanted (skylin/cade)
Not my doing (Skylin)
Not gonna happen (Skylin)
Not all bad (Cade)
Not ready (Skylin)
Not now (Cade)
Not that I needed it (skylin)
Not my calling (skylin)
Not over it (Skylin)
Not right (Cade)
Not Happening (Skylin)
Not right for her (Cade)
Not Stolen (Skylin)
Not yours (cade)
Not my moment (skylin)

Not expected (Cade)

96 3 0
By jensen321

** above is Nick Jonas playing as Brent

Ch. 12: Not expected

Cade:

I had come to my senses early Monday morning. I knew Skylin was right which is why I decided I needed to put in some effort. I realized that I was going to have to get to know her in order to have any sort of relationship with her. When I went to talk to her Dexter told me addy and her left for school already. I signed nodding, I wish I knew what went through her head. I heard Dexter call out," Cade wait I'll ride with you." I turned waiting for him to catch up. We both got in the car and Dexter asked,"So you gonna tell me what happened?"

I grumbled," My dad's pissed because I have yet to mark her or make plans for the future."

He chuckled," Alright but why are you looking for Skylin?"

"We fought."

"Again?! Let me guess you were in the wrong?"

I nodded as he started laughing even more," Man this girl is already changing you."

"How? She hasn't done a thing?"

He smiled and shook his head.

I questioned a bit aggravated as we turned into a parking spot,"Are you going to tell me or not?"

Before I could even ask again Dexter was out walking into the building. I was about to go after him when someone suddenly grabbed my hand. I looked down at a cheerful Cassy. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't exactly push her away either and besides when we walked in I couldn't find Skylin anywhere.

Once I heard my Spanish teacher say we can talk for the last five minutes I contemplated whether I should go over to talk to Skylin or stay with Cassy. I decided it was time to bail when Cassy started gossiping about one of her friends again. The closer I got to where Skylin was sitting I heard Braden the creep talking to her about his dog. I tried to keep my laughter in right before I busted out. I finally got ahold of myself before telling Sky I needed to talk to her. After what seemed like ages the guy left leaving me to deal.

Skylin was truly something else, most people would have loved the attention I was giving but not her she didn't take crap. I finally offered her my peace offering and she of course couldn't answer simply. It seemed as if she didn't make anything simple, but I liked it, it was challenging. When she made the comment about Cassy I just, I don't know I wanted her to know Cassy should be jealous of her. She seemed surprised as I told her she's beautiful. I don't know if it was her innocence or the fact that she hadn't known that made me feel vunerable.

She finally agreed to be friends as she pulled me in a hug. I was taken back at first then wrapped my arms around her. As we let go her eyes stared at mine with a perfect sparkle giving me the desire to kiss her. In that moment I had a vision of a little girl with the prettiest eyes looking up at a me i wasn't much older than her looking down back. I remember the strong feeling I held for her and the girls eyes looking at me said everything. I was soon brought back to reality as the bell rang. Watching Skylin's face flood with relief let me know Skylin felt our connection especially when she let out a breath. I walked with her out the door trying to talk to her but she was soon pulled away to Nate which annoyed me.

Cassy took me away during lunch to meet her friends. They were all pretty nice but I didn't really care to meet them all. I ended up pulling Cassy away from them all and you can guess what happened then. When I walked in late to drama Mrs. Penny decided I was to play the lead with Skylin in Romeo and Juliet. Skylin was having a fit saying Nate should be doing it which I will admit made me mad! I didn't know exactly what the play was about but I was up to show Skylin I was just as good if not better than Nate!

Mrs. Penny spoke," Anyway, class Romeo and Juliet are known as star crossed lovers.Why?" I watched as Skylin was called on to answer," Romeo and Juliet come from seperate families that have been fighting for year on endr. As they fall in love they realize its sort of like forbidden love their crossing paths that arent meant to be crossed therefore the ending wont be so happy."

Mrs. Penny was excited,"Yes Yes Yes, Exellent Romeo and Juliet are from families who despises on another. When the two first meant their names werent brough up until after they had already fallen in love. When Romeo did realize who she was he got a bad feeling or the whole ordeal but went with it because fate will seal itself. Just think the two lovebirds trying to cross families that hate each other what kind of fate is in store?"

I snorted shaking my head this was all to familiar,"The fatality is death. I'm sorry to bring it back to this but Mrs.Penny I can't be Romeo, let Nate do it he's a much better actor."

Mrs. penny signed," I want you all to write a three pharagraph essay explaining how you think this fate will come about, who you think might die through this whole ordeal or how might the lovers try and handel the situation."After speaking she came over to me saying,"Cade why do you think Nate should be Romeo what does he have that you dont."

I answered honestly of course,"He doesnt have anything that I dont its just the story line I cant do it."

"Cade I need a good reason why you cant."

I signed I couldn't tell her what happened only a few people know. She stood up while I tried," Please I cant tell you I just can't play this part thats all."

"I'm sorry Cade you will have to work through whatever issue it is."

I raised my voice a bit," I dont understand why Nate can't do it?"

Mrs.Penny spun on her heals,"Maybe if you hadnt came in late you wouldnt be in this position Cade, I chose you and you will play the role."

"Wait is this your way of punishment?" I asked knowing she would deny it.

"Oh no no no darling when you came in late mind I remind you that there are consequences for actions but you got my attention which lead to a strong feeling of you being perfect for the role."

I lowered my head to the floor slumping in my chair trying to hold back the painful memories. After drama I ended up leaving school early heading over to my favorite hangout the Ranstand. The Ranstand is my relaxing place there is pool, karaoke, and of course a beer but most people come to relax not party.

After I won the game of pool I hopped in my car ready to drive home. Before I could even start the car my passenger side door was pulled open. Lacey had sat down next to me smiling," Hey Cade! Where we off to?"

I signed," Lacey what are you doing here." Whenever I'm missing they all know where I go and they don't disturb me except for Lacey she thinks she's an exception for everything. Lacey soothed," Babe I'm here to cheer you up of course." I shook my head not in the mood to argue.

The minute I got home I went straight to the kitchen with Lacey following me. I needed some alcohol if I was going to have to put up with Lacey all night. After a couple drinks in silence Skylin walked in wearing a black dress making me hold my breath. She looked absolutely stunning for her date with Nate, of course.

The moment she saw Lacey and I she froze. My eyes roamed her body taking her in," Skylin I...I..um you look beautiful," I spoke stuttering a bit.

Mentally cursing myself I noticed her look a bit uncomfortable,"Thanks Cade." I saw her eye glance to Lacey as she extended her hand smiling brightly," Hi! I'm Skylin and you are?"

Lacey took her hand," I'm Lacey."

She gave me an unreadable look explaining,"Ok well sorry for interrupting I was just grabbing a water before I left."

I cleared my throat feeling the need to clear the air for some odd reason," Lacey's a really good friend of mine."

As Sky was walking to the fridge facing me still she smirked," Ya and Nate's a really good friend of mine." She made sure to emphasize on the friend. I just stared at her as she had me tongue tied. Once Skylin was leaving Lacey's possessive side got to her and kissed me. I shook my head after feeling embarrassed she did that in front of Sky but before I could say anything Brent walked into the room after Skylin slammed the front shut," Where's she off to?"

Lacey squeezed my arm," Be back in a few," then reached up kissing me on lips yet again. I pulled her back so that she would stop.

Brent in the fridge by then and I taking a drink to make sure she left," She is something... and Sky's on that date with what's his face?"

Brent chuckled meeting my eyes, "Nate?"

"Ya him. Do you think their serious?" I wondered.

Brent shrugged," I don't see how serious they could even get is she has to marry you."

His answer surprised me yet made me feel a bit happy. I wasn't exactly sure why I was happy but I never thought of the bond straining her relationship with Nate," I guess your right I never thought of it that way."

He nodded," Ya Also I was talking to her earlier and she doesn't know what pack she belongs to?"

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I don't know man she just said she doesn't know."

I was incredibly lost, "How could she not know? Wouldn't she have to be from our pack anyway?"

Brent was standing across from me, "I dont know Cade it depends on who her parents are."

"I'll talk to her about it," I informed as Lacey walked back in grabbing my hand pulling me away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 2.1K 48
His heart was the key to his love. His heart was a wonderful broken place. His heart was mine and my heart was his. The problem was how long were we...
2.2M 50.5K 26
They used to hate each other, then she moved away for three years. Now she's back for senior year and everything is different.He is arrogant and cock...
291K 6K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
7.5K 522 65
What happens when someone whom you used to call as 'bestfriend' turns out to be someone who you never thought him to become like and all this happen...