She's The Girl Who. || Avenge...

By SlytherxnPrxncess

' She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the weight of the universe on he... More

Introduction
Epigraph
i. Cat and mouse
ii. Undeniably Sarcastic
iii. A Better Day
iv. Mutant Level Pain
vi. Like Father Like Daughter
vii. Family Dynamic
viii. Talk About It
ix. Birthdays Suck
x. Home
Epilogue
Book 2

v. A Fallen Angel

24.3K 628 247
By SlytherxnPrxncess

'And the demons she hides are all that she knows' -

It wasn't even an hour later that Carter was sitting back in the Shield facility. 

This time though they had upgraded her from a small white room with a desk and two chairs to a full maximum security cell in a secluded area of the facility.

This room was even worse than the previous one. She didn't even have a chair to sit on, just the floor, it reminded her -- in the worst way -- of a cage.

She watched half amused half bored as Fury and Stark argued about what to do with her, The Director claiming that until she was cleared and not considered a danger that she'd stay locked in the cage like room.

Whilst Tony made it clear on just how young and impressionable Carter was and how she could take this all the wrong way, leading to that danger being caused.

It wasn't for about ten minutes of sitting on the floor cross legged by the glass that finally they decided -- more like the jack ass director demanded, she was left where she was for a while.

After they left Carter sighed and fell backwards, laying on the cold white floor feeling real damn stupid for not having any control over her secret.

One that could easily get her locked up for life.

Thinking back on when it had happend a short while ago she groaned covering her face as she recalled her stupidity.

..........

Breathing heavily Carter stood up on shaky legs and glanced back at her now stretched out black wings in pure annoyance as she let out an agitated and shaky breath. 

Reaching back she lightly caressed her left wing sending shivers all throughout her body as her wings fluttered at the attention, leaving a dark red matted patch on her wings due to the blood on her hands.

As if only just remembering were she was Carter looked up hearing shouts from Agents near by as they moved in on her with guns in their hands, each one pointed right at the teen who was seemingly unfazed by the situation.

In reality it was quite the opposite, these men were reckless and likely to pull the trigger if she was to raise her hand again.

"Hey! Stop!" Tony shouted once he noticed what was happening. 

He -- along with the other Avengers, stepped forward like a protective shield causing Carter to raise an eyebrow in silent question.

"Take her inside now! To the containment room!" Fury demanded, just like that the argument commenced as Avengers objected and agents dragged Carter inside.

Quickly retracting her wings due to the narrow corridors and the people who had only come to get a look at her, Carter sighed and groaned as her back re-adapted to the intrusion of her bones re-positioning in her back.

The feeling was one of extreme discomfort but she knew one day that she'd have to get used to it. It was always going to be inevitable, just currently avoidable.

When they reached the room Carter smirked as four Agents stiffly escorted her into the cell and flinched reaching for their guns when she rolled her shoulders "I'll take that as a compliment" She said with a grin as they shoved her into the cell, aggressively slamming the door shut.

"What? Your mother never tell you not to man handle a woman!" She shouted out sarcastically as they stationed themselves outside the door to the containment room "Jackasses"

..........

Thinking back on it now she wondered if she could have asked for a shirt that wasn't ripped, or maybe just clothes in general that weren't covered in her own blood. 

Then she realised they probably wouldn't have given her any anyway.

Getting bored again she pulled one leg up, resting the base of her foot on the floor and tapping her foot to a non existent beat as she put her arms behind her head. Humming the tune of a random song as she waited for something to happen.

Apparently someone heard her silent prayers because not a minute later the sound of heavy footsteps could be heard approaching her cell.

"Miss  Stark -- " Fury began before being quickly cut of by Carter, who upon being called 'Stark' sat up and raised her eyebrows at the director.

"It's Chase, Carter Chase, not Stark" Carter told him slowly as she stared down Fury.

"Very well Miss Chase, You may leave now, under the directions that you stay at Stark towers with your father --" Carter scoffed at the title which Fury decided to ignore " -- And the other Avengers who now have legal custody over you"

Groaning loudly Carter threw her head back before looking up at the director as he continued "You will have a brace attached to your leg in order for us to know if you have left the building unauthorised." Fury turned and left the room swiftly as Carter stood up without another word and followed him out to the hall where the Avengers all stood.

They all looked at Carter who just smirked at them before motioning with her left hand to lead the way. Everyone began down the left side except Fury who split of from them to the right with a curt nod. 

Tony fell back slightly into step with his daughter who didn't even acknowledge his presence as she continued walking "So, you ran?" Tony awkwardly tried for conversation, mentally hitting himself when she turned to him with a single eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Great observation, really, I don't think anybody else had yet to realise I did in fact run." She sarcastically said as Tony kissed his teeth and Thor let out a booming laugh.

"You're one sarcastic kid aren't you?" Tony asked looking down slightly at the girl who wasn't much shorter than he was, she must've been at least 5'7 if not then slightly taller.

"I try." Carter grinned as they exited the facility, the Avengers nervously glanced back at the girl, wondering whether or not she'd run again.

Once they were all on the jet with Natasha and Steve piloting, the others sat in the back on the benches, excluding Carter who was laying on the floor.

"Lady Carter why is it you have chosen to stay on the floor and not on a seat?" Thor's booming voice suddenly broke the silence as she grinned turning her head to the side to look at him.

She liked that he called her 'lady' Carter, it proved that some people still had manors and that chivalry was in fact not dead.

"I like being different, hence why i will usually sit cross legged or on the floor, sometimes even upside down" She said with the best shrug she could muster whilst laying on the ground.

Another short while passed before the silence was broken again, this time by Bruce who had been buzzing to ask about her wings but with held himself before now. "So, are you an angel?" He asked the immediate question in his mind as the young teen bristled at the word 'Angel'.

"An Angel? No. a Devil on the other hand..." She trailed of grinning as those in the Jet with her all cautiously looked back at the girl.

She suddenly rose up into a cross-legged sitting position making a couple of The Avengers to jump as she chuckled. 

"What do you mean a Devil?" Asked Steve who was still piloting whilst he involving himself in the conversation.

"The little red man who resides on your shoulder and causes pain and strife wherever he walks. Well I'm lovely little Satan --" She gave a small smile before looking up at them all and smirking, "At your lovely little service." Carter chuckled before flopping down quickly on the ground again and groaning sightly as the angle managed to irritate her wing bones. 

The Avengers shared a look of slight worry as they thought over what Carter had just said. Knowing that deep down she didn't believe it and she was only trying to protect herself.

After all she was only a child, they could fix her. Maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Enigma By Rayne

Fanfiction

8.2K 395 19
❝ If I ever say no to a fight, I've been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with one. ❞ Casey Banks knew that what happened to her was wrong: evil, eve...
299K 9.4K 29
❛ what made her strong was despite the million things that hurt her, she spoke of nothing but happiness ❜ © soughtflxwer 2015 avenger...
53.1K 1.5K 15
' She's got the eyes of innocence; The face of an angel. A personality of a dreamer and a smile that hides more pain than you can imagine. ' disclaim...
119K 3.3K 14
' She is the perfect example of grace because she is a butterfly with bullet holes in her wings that never regretted learning to fly. ' - disclaimer:...