Dysfunctional

By Amgeek

Book 4 "Do you know how many times some one said. 'Oh look that's Riley's brother!'? He said it so many tim... More

Chapter 1: Marcus
Chapter 2: Bazooka
Chapter 3: Kings High School
Chapter 4: Distant
Chapter 5: Sylvester
Chapter 6: South East Side
Chapter 7: Hailey
Chapter 8: Allie
Chapter 9: My Actress
Chapter 10: Viles
Chapter 11: Lucy
Chapter 12: Infirmary
Chapter 13: Temper
Chapter 14: Hair
Chapter 15: Little Silver
Chapter 16: Ari's Bucket List
Chapter 17: Cookies
Chapter 18: Nova
Chapter 19: Arnold
Chapter 20: Liar
Chapter 21: Brook's House
Chapter 22: Taken
Chapter 23: Ms. Hafner
Chapter 24: Agent work
Chapter 25: Found him
Chapter 26: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 27: Something's up
Chapter 28: Hit me
Chapter 29: Marshals in Custody
Chapter 31: House Arrest
Chapter 32: She's home
Chapter 33: Apologize
Chapter 34: Nathan is Back
Chapter 35: Taco Bell
Chapter 36: Cigarette Lighter
Chapter 37: Bullet Wound
Chapter 38: Hell
Chapter 39: Cupid
Chapter 40: Wheelchair
Chapter 41: Misery
Chapter 42: The Week
Chapter 43: Last Straw
Chapter 44: A Break
Chapter 45: The Baby
Chapter 46: At Gun Point
Chapter 47: The Devil's Den
Chapter 48: Expelled
Chapter 49: Yes
Chapter 50: Grandma's House
Author's Note

Chapter 30: Enough

15 3 15
By Amgeek

Viviana was essentially my girlfriend. I through that logic I became corrupt and easily persuaded. Everything she said I believed. She got stronger physically and mentally. She became a little too controlling. I noticed it pretty late. But I still loved her and she loved me. I thought.....

Arnold tried his best to keep her from me. He wanted my undivided attention..... But all I could think about is her. Her pretty eyes, her soft skin, her curly blond hair.

I would sneak around and meet up with her. We would make out. Like alot. I shouldn't go any further..... Brooklyn is in the next roon. Probably sleeping-

Her Pov~

I paused the video to grab a snack. I reached into my old soccer bag and pulled out a granola bar. I went to sit back down and I heard the door open. It didn't take her long to find me.

I heard shoes being thrown to the floor in frustration. "I told you to wait for me."

"I'm impatient."

"You still are my responsibility....You can't go off by yourself."

"Yes Ma'am." I said stuffing food down my mouth. She turned the corner and was suddenly sitting. I felt the rush hit me and I closed my eyes to embrace it.

She still was alot faster. She exhaled and her red hair was sprawled over the back of the chair. I pressed play to continue the story he was telling.

•----------------•

I deserved it..... It was my mistake. Hydra and Shield must never clash like this.

"Marcus." Brook mumbled knocking on the door.

She's persistent. She can't be here. "Please just leave me alone."

"No." She slammed open the door. I twitched, I shuddered at the mood she was trying to bring in.

I saw her through the corner of my eye. She sat on the opposite side. "What do you want?"

"I want you to come home with me....."

"You want what? Are you crazy. I hurt people Brook...."

"I want you to come home." She repeated

"Brooklyn you have to be kidding me." I said refusing to cooperate. I felt her delicate hands grip my shoulder. She whirled me around and kneeled infront of me. Her face was in front of mine, intense and angry.

"I don't care....you think you deserve this cell but you don't. Hydra did this to you. I'm not asking I'm telling."

I was speechless. Her eyes pale and filled with hope and fearfulness. Was she afraid of me.... I knew it.... Why wouldn't she be? "I'll make matters worse....." I mumbled.

"I wasn't asking I was telling you!! I want you to come home with me. You are coming home with me." She said much more sternly. Her face convinced me she was serious which made me kind of upset at how irresponsible she's being.

"I stabbed someone. I stabbed someone who I called my friend Brooklyn. I yelled at you, I broke the bar that welcomed me as a guest. I belong here. Away from everyone else."

"NO!"

"What if I stop you?" I raised my voice getting angrier that she's acting this way. "You think I want to stay here and rot? I joined back into Hydra. Of my own free will. I wore the suit. I even managed to say Hail Hydra. I hurt my family. I hurt my friends. I locked Sage and her kid in a closet. I belong here. I deserve this! Brooklyn I'm a disgusting monster! Scum! A menance to anyone who comes into contact with me! Why the FUCK would you want me in your fucking house Brooklyn?!" I hollered.

She pressed her lips into mine causing the silence that I thought I wanted. She pulled away and uncuffed me. I rubbed my wrists and pulled her in for another kiss. She smiled a bit which cause the same reaction in return. "Marcus we are going to get through this together, ok? You asked me if you were enough for me. You are all I need Marcus. I just want to be all you need as well." She put our hands together and I put my head to her shoulder. Thank God for her. I truly do not deserve kindness like this.

"Come home with me."

I hesitated. "Brooklyn. I'm such an awful person."

"Then let's be awful together."

I let go of her hand and hugged her tightly. I hid my face in her shoulder to prevent myself from crying. I let go and she put up her pinky.

"Please actually sleep tonight. You are growing bags and you don't have that glow to you anymore...." She mumbled kissing my cheek. I wrapped my pinky finger around hers and smiled softly wiping my eyes with my other hand. She got up to leave and smiled at me. "I love you."

"I- love you more Brook."

She gave a cheeky smile and closed the cell door.
--------------------

I spent so many nights awake with my own nightmares and fears that I forgot how to sleep. I kept looking at my hands as I tried to doze off. Was it really me that did all that stuff? Was it really me that joined Hydra?

I caused so much pain. Even after..... Even after I blacked out. I still managed to hurt Brooklyn in other ways. I yawned and blinked a few times.

I rolled into my back and fluttered my eyes closed. I heard intense arguing coming up the stairs. I immediately went to the window hoping it was Brooklyn like a puppy at a store. "Brooklyn you can't do that. That's against-"

"I am your superior so you follow my god damn orders. Leave me alone."

"The moment you touch that animal's cage. I have the right to shoot you."

"Glenn fuck.... Off!" She snapped.

"Brooklyn I'm warning you." Glenn said.

"Brook you don't have to-" I began to stand.

I felt the rumble of an explosion to the side of me. "Well fucking thanks...... Let's alert everyone why don't we." Viviana rolled her eyes.

"Who are you....." Brooklyn glared.

My chest collapsed as I watched Viviana get closer. "Darling. What have they done to you. You look so under fed. Unclean. And your eyes. You look so tired pumpkin. Have they hurt you in anyway?" She asked touching the glass tenderly. I backed up to the corner. I didn't want her to meet Brook. Not at all. Or at least. Not now.

"I'm Marcus's girlfriend..." Viviana sighed

Brooklyn started laughing. "Alright.... I'll ask again." She whipped out her gun. "Who really are you?"

"I am Viviana Hafner. I was Marcus's first love for a while.... Then I dumped him. He hasn't been the same ever since. Kind of like that Alex situation. My baby has a very fragile mind."

I slid back down into the corner and covered my ears. "Please send her away." I grumbled.

"You actually survived the brain probe. We want to test-"

"So you want him back....." Brooklyn squinted.

"Yes. He is a Hydra agent after all."

"She's right." Glenn mumbled. Brooklyn scowled in his directon.

"He's not apart of Hydra."

"I don't want to be apart of Hydra anymore." I whispered. "I'm tired of it."

"You were basically raised in Hydra. All your desicions are based on your Hydra train of thought. You can't just dump your mind. You already saw what you can do when you leave. You know deep inside you want to be a Hydra agent."

I covered my ears and curled up. "I am not Hydra... I am not-." I covered my ears and muttered. Oh how easily I can be swayed.

"What would Arnold think about all this?! What would he say. You disgraced his name. You need to come back to what you do be-"

A gun fired and there was only one scream of pain and one scream of what the hell. I looked up and Brooklyn cocked her gun again while Vivi was holding her forearm. "You heard him bitch, he doesn't want to be apart of your cult. And I would rather you didn't speak horrible things to my boyfriend."

Viviana smiled and stop holding her arm. She was smiling.....Glenn was freaking out behind her.

"Oh! You are the infamous Brooklyn Sader. Boy Marcus, she's pretty, you have good taste in women." Viviana laughed pulling out the bullet with her bare hand.

The two agents watched in shock. "She's on some drug where she can't feel pain. Hydra issued...." I sighed

"You know us so well, that's why you need to come back."

Viviana lunged at Brooklyn. Brook twisted and slammed her into the wall. Brooklyn wailed in agony, sounds I definitely didn't want to hear. " She's strong too." Viviana said grabbing Brooks arm. She put her arm around Brook's forearm and faced the wall.

"STOP." I yelled hitting the window a few times. I broke through the thick glass. I felt the stinging of many cuts on my body. "Let her go V... or I'll amputate you." I said picking up a glass shard.

"Oooo... There he is. Now that you are out of the cell....." Viviana let Brooklyn go. "Now then... Come along Marcus."

I looked down and away. "I'm.... I can't go with you."

"Can't or Won't." She glared.

"Won't."

"Are you defying your boss?"

"You aren't my boss...."

Her face froze in her resting bitch face. "Fine, but when you start to miss Hydra... You know where we are...." She smiled walking away.

"Bitch...." Brooklyn mumbled holding her arm in pain. I turned to her and checked her arm. "Can we go home now?"

Her eyes lit up as she nodded. "How bad are Hydra's moves. I would love to learn some."

"The one I stopped her from doing, was going to break your arm. She did that to me before we broke up."

"Oh she wasn't lying about the dating thing?

"Emphasis on the 'we broke up' part." I mumbled dusting the glass from off me. Brooklyn grabbed my hand and led me towards the exit.

"Hands up.... Both of you." Glenn held his gun to us. We did as we were told and turned around. I dropped the glass shard. I was fully ready to get put back into the cell. Brooklyn gave me a toothy grin and winked. I smiled a bit wondering what shes planning.

"Alright alright jokes over." She smiled taking the gun from Glenn and threw it to the opposite side of the hallway. She led me down the hall and towards the exit. A gunshot flew past my eyes. My instinct was to duck but Brooklyn pulled me towards her much faster. "Man that week in the cell messed your reflexes up." She said holding me tightly. She let go and held my hand.

She sighed hard. "When you are home you are going to be open about everything and anything. You will answer my questions...."

I frowned. "All of them?"

"All. Of. Them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 2K 34
{this book is currently going through an extensive editing process. writing styles may not line up between chapters and some plot points may not matc...
2.6K 75 39
Your name is Y/N L/N. You have 4 member in your family mom, dad and a twin brother (Eddie L/N). Your life was full of happiness, but everything chan...
120K 2.5K 82
Riley Walker or The Spider. That's what people know her as. With her superhuman strength, speed and agility, heightened senses, wall crawling and web...
50.6K 2.1K 77
LokixFem!ReaderxBucky IMPORTANT: A little message to those who may not have read the full description: You end up with one of them, not both. This is...